ImageImageImage

Dario Saric: The Prince That Was Promised (thread renamed 7/14/16)

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

eagereyez
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,462

Re: Falling for Dario Naharis.. I mean, Dario Saric. 

Post#1901 » by eagereyez » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:09 pm

SaberT wrote:It's easy to look just the numbers and say he is doing a bad financial decision. Probably, possible, maybe surely but you have to take into account opportunity cost.

I'd say, and many agree, that the last two years Dario spent in Europe were wasted time. He could have gone to NBA, I'm confident that he'd be the better player today. I'm sure Dario now realizes this, and if he stays additional year in Europe it is very easy to see him losing opportunity for 1 year of NBA growth, which would in the long run, affect his skill and earning power.

But, in the end, if he manages the money well, he will live a great life in Croatia.

Saric is playing in Turkey and in the Euroleague. Those are the best leagues outside of the NBA, certainly better than the NCAA. He is also only 22 years old. Marc Gasol entered the league at 24. Lots of good NBA players stayed 4 years in college. Even if remaining one more year does hurt his development, he will have a 4 year guaranteed contract to work on his game from 23-27.

Ericb5 wrote:He is hurting his family? Come on! Listen to yourself.

He is 22 and not married so he isn't responsible for anyone other than himself, and he is already a millionaire, and about to sign another contract for millions more.

On a different note, I am just pulling this out of my ass, but we know that he has a bit of a domineering father. Is it possible that Dario wanted to come over two years ago and his father made him stay? Maybe Dario decided at that point that after two years he would have satisfied his father's wishes and now he is doing it to assert his independence a bit?

It doesn't matter after all though. He is a grown man and has made his choice.

There's more to family than a wife and kids. Mom/dad/brother/sister/aunt/uncle etc. Croatia is a second world country. I'm sure Saric has some family back home that he cares about and is aiding financially. He will eventually settle down in the future.

By entering the NBA now, Saric will have a lifetime earning of ~$18M in the next four years (counting his Turkey contract). If he stays in Turkey, he will have a lifetime total of ~$32M in the next four years. He is nearly cutting his total earnings in half. The only advantage he gets from leaving is he gets to play in the NBA a year early. If that's worth $14M to him, then so be it. $14M to rebel against your father (lol).

Sixerscan wrote:The only way he would have made more money next year is if the sixers offered more money.

Turkey is also not a place you want to be right now.

Turkey has had a huge spike in terrorist attacks over the past 2 years. However, you're still more likely to die from a firearm in the U.S. than a terrorist attack in Turkey.
marcush
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,151

Post#1902 » by marcush » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:58 pm

We get it. There's a financial incentive to stay in Europe.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,822

Post#1903 » by XtremeDunkz » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:44 pm

Every played to play in the NBA is in a much better financial situation then I will ever be. I can never find a way to sympathize with their "unfortunate" situations LOL.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
BenSimmons4MVP
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#1904 » by BenSimmons4MVP » Mon Jul 4, 2016 7:57 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqmQD_lJlj8[/youtube]
Iverson2Simmons. Its 1996 all over again! :D
NBA Moses
Pro Prospect
And1: 373

Post#1905 » by NBA Moses » Tue Jul 5, 2016 2:20 am

eagereyez wrote:
By entering the NBA now, Saric will have a lifetime earning of ~$18M in the next four years (counting his Turkey contract). If he stays in Turkey, he will have a lifetime total of ~$32M in the next four years. He is nearly cutting his total earnings in half. The only advantage he gets from leaving is he gets to play in the NBA a year early. If that's worth $14M to him, then so be it. $14M to rebel against your father (lol).

But if Saric stays in Turkey yet another year there is no guarantee the Sixers will negotiate a favorable contract with Saric next year. There is certainly no guarantee of $32 M from the Sixers.

In fact it sounds like Colangelo basically said that during his meetings in Turkey. You need to get over here this year because there are no guarantees next year. Didnt Colangelo say We may not even have a spot for you next year?

Stop dicking around, put your 4 years in like everyone else does and if your g ood you will be guaranteed $90 M. If your just Ok you'll get $30M-$40 M.

Call the Sixers bluff and you might be playing in Turkey for your entire career making $1M-$2M per year
MCtripDub
Pro Prospect
And1: 254
Location: Manila, Philippines: Home of Team Gilas Pilipinas #Puso

Post#1906 » by MCtripDub » Tue Jul 5, 2016 2:51 pm

Any good souls out there know of a link for the Croatia-Italy game later? Two of my favorite players going to go at it! Dario vs. Gallo!
Help a fellow Sixer fan out! Please drop by http://nbadraftaddict.tumblr.com/ :D

Thanks! #TogetherWeBuild

Hrco
Freshman
And1: 45

Post#1907 » by Hrco » Tue Jul 5, 2016 6:40 pm

MCtripDub wrote:Any good souls out there know of a link for the Croatia-Italy game later? Two of my favorite players going to go at it! Dario vs. Gallo!

http://livetv.sx/en/eventinfo/425848_italy_croatia/#_

You will be able to find stream here... :wink:
nitocobola
Veteran
And1: 1,242

Post#1908 » by nitocobola » Tue Jul 5, 2016 7:20 pm

great move
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach
And1: 395

Post#1909 » by SparksFly87 » Fri Jul 8, 2016 10:10 am

I think Dario Saric staying in Turkey another year benefits both him and the 76ERS. Waiting one more year makes Saric eligible to get paid alot more money in the Nba. Also allows the 76ers to transition their two most promising peices Simmons and Embiid in the best position to succeed. I think when its all said and done Dario will be a perfect compliment to Embiid at 5 and Simmons at 3 as a starting stretch 4 . 76ers have a ways two go and a clear glut of big men Noel,Okafor , Holmes , Grant and woods who all need to be sorted out as potential fits or moved for pieces.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#1910 » by Ericb5 » Fri Jul 8, 2016 11:00 am

We just need to get it over with at this point. He said it directly the other day. He is coming over this year.

That has been his stance from the beginning. People keep writing that he shouldn't, but the only person that really knows says that he is coming.

It hasn't happened until it happens, but he says he is coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jbent87
Veteran
And1: 1,202

Post#1911 » by jbent87 » Fri Jul 8, 2016 1:31 pm

SparksFly87 wrote:I think Dario Saric staying in Turkey another year benefits both him and the 76ERS. Waiting one more year makes Saric eligible to get paid alot more money in the Nba. Also allows the 76ers to transition their two most promising peices Simmons and Embiid in the best position to succeed. I think when its all said and done Dario will be a perfect compliment to Embiid at 5 and Simmons at 3 as a starting stretch 4 . 76ers have a ways two go and a clear glut of big men Noel,Okafor , Holmes , Grant and woods who all need to be sorted out as potential fits or moved for pieces.

If he doesn't come over this year his rights are going to be traded or he will be ran out of town through the stupid media here, just like Hinkie. Mark my words. Any person I talk to about this in real life in this city reacts to this situation as if Dario is the enemy. BC already laid the groundwork saying "if he doesn't come (now) there may not be a place for him next season." The ultimatum has been placed.

Instead of attempting to understand the financial implications him staying over just one more year has people instead want to vilify him. "He needs to make up his mind!/he shouldn't have said he was coming then!/screw him, who is he, we dont need him anyway!"

So ridiculous. But that's the reaction people I've actually spoken with around here have had, probably because that's what they're hearing on sports talk radio.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,965

Post#1912 » by ankle420breaker » Fri Jul 8, 2016 1:42 pm

I can't believe this latest article is getting so much attention. It's nothing more than one man's opinion. This "league source" is totally irrelevant because absolutely nothing new is being reported.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
jbent87
Veteran
And1: 1,202

Post#1913 » by jbent87 » Fri Jul 8, 2016 1:53 pm

ankle420breaker wrote:I can't believe this latest article is getting so much attention. It's nothing more than one man's opinion. This "league source" is totally irrelevant because absolutely nothing new is being reported.

it was a nice wrinkle hearing that Sarics parents are banking on his money helping them, some athletes come from money and thats a small detail in this whole thing. But that reveal could certainly leave one to assume that he will end up staying, as that is the better financial move - still - the last time anyone talked to Dario/anytime someone talked to Dario he said he was coming over. So we'll see.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#1914 » by Sixerscan » Fri Jul 8, 2016 2:04 pm

If they are counting on him for money they were counting on him for money the 100 times he said he's coming over.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#1915 » by rzzzzz » Fri Jul 8, 2016 2:23 pm

plus it was his Dad who told reporters (THERE) that Dario will come over and play HERE this upcoming season.
kriss73
Analyst
And1: 1,811

Post#1916 » by kriss73 » Fri Jul 8, 2016 2:51 pm

I'm watching live Saric vs Giannis.
Giannis is a beast but he's already on holliday LOL
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,765

Post#1917 » by UcanUwill » Fri Jul 8, 2016 2:57 pm

Saric showing some skills. Croatia dominating so far.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,765

Post#1918 » by UcanUwill » Fri Jul 8, 2016 2:58 pm

after 12 minutes, Saric has a +/- of 23
kriss73
Analyst
And1: 1,811

Post#1919 » by kriss73 » Fri Jul 8, 2016 3:00 pm

Saric is playing a lot and at High level.
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#1920 » by Ericb5 » Fri Jul 8, 2016 3:03 pm

jbent87 wrote:
ankle420breaker wrote:I can't believe this latest article is getting so much attention. It's nothing more than one man's opinion. This "league source" is totally irrelevant because absolutely nothing new is being reported.

it was a nice wrinkle hearing that Sarics parents are banking on his money helping them, some athletes come from money and thats a small detail in this whole thing. But that reveal could certainly leave one to assume that he will end up staying, as that is the better financial move - still - the last time anyone talked to Dario/anytime someone talked to Dario he said he was coming over. So we'll see.

Yeah, it is hard to support a family on only 1.7 million. :roll:

Wasn't his dad a professional basketball player too? What is it about the families of athletes that makes them complete losers who need to be supported by the athlete?

The family stuff is totally bogus. The only reason that he would stay is because he wants to make more money. That is a valid reason, but he has explicitly stated since the beginning, and just last week that he is coming over this summer.

EVERYTHING else are just opinions of people who aren't him, and he is the sole decision maker.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers