Pro Prospect
And1: 205

Re: 2014-2015 College Basketball / '15 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#201 » by 76ersfan » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:57 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
76ersfan wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:Your 2014-2015 NCAA National Champions:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxite7dm8cg[/youtube]

Kentucky if they piece it all together. They have so much talent.

UK has two top 25 teams in one right now. And since we are practicing together in August and playing against some impressive talent, we will have more time to gel together. Not to mention, UK has a bunch of sophomores returning. Aaron Harrison looked completely different from last year in a good way. UK should blow out most of the SEC next year.

It should be interesting to see how well they play. I don't know much about them. Just know they are loaded with talent.
Long Live Sam Hinkie :D
MountainDrew
Veteran
And1: 885

Post#202 » by MountainDrew » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:54 pm

Karl Towns is by far my favourite prospect right now. Not claiming I've watched match of any player, but the things I see and read about him make me a big fan in the early stages.
Trust the Process
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,718

Post#203 » by Negrodamus » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:02 pm

UK just throttled Champagne Chalons, a French pro team comprised of quite a few former NBA players and college standouts, 81-58. Towns had 19 points, 10 rebounds, and I think 3 assists. He's really far along, skill wise, for a big man.

This team is much better than last years team from what I've watched. They are playing great defense and playing incredibly unselfishly. We also did this without 5 star recruit Trey Lyles (staph infection) and 2015 possible 1st rounder, Willie Cauley Stein.

This should be a very special team with the insane amount of depth and incredible already established chemistry.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,709

Post#204 » by Mik317 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:13 pm

I just hope the Harrison Twins don't make me question what is life this year.

I have no affiliation with UK and those dudes made me mad as ****. So I can only imagine your pain Negrodamus
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#205 » by Negrodamus » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:35 pm

Mik317 wrote:I just hope the Harrison Twins don't make me question what is life this year.

I have no affiliation with UK and those dudes made me mad as ****. So I can only imagine your pain Negrodamus

Having Ulis and a soph Dominique Hawkins will be huge. I can't hate on Aaron too much because we wouldn't have made it as far as we did without him. Both have looked exceptionally well and have played with enthusiasm and emotion in these two games.

Both should be in the conversation of first round in next years draft. They have the handles and shot to do so. The improvement you will see is leaps and bounds from last year. Then again, I'm basing this off of two games.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#206 » by Negrodamus » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:41 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GNvoNrq7UE&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Beat up on some damn good former college players that now play the game professionally. Guys like Da'Sean Butler from WVU, Tasmin Mitchell from LSU, Lionel Chalmers from Xavier. They were the top scoring team in their league last year.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,407

Post#207 » by 76ciology » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:43 am

MountainDrew wrote:Karl Towns is by far my favourite prospect right now. Not claiming I've watched match of
any player, but the things I see and read about him make me a big fan in the early stages.

He's on top of my draft board for quite some time already. In terms of rankings, I think Towns is this year's version of Embiid. Okafor is more like Wiggins.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
WVU
Rookie
And1: 759

Post#208 » by WVU » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:52 pm

Negrodamus wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GNvoNrq7UE&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Beat up on some damn good former college players that now play the game professionally. Guys like Da'Sean Butler from WVU, Tasmin Mitchell from LSU, Lionel Chalmers from Xavier. They were the top scoring team in their league last year.

That WVU Duke Final Four game still haunts me with Da'sean's ACL injury :(
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#209 » by LloydFree » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:42 pm

76ciology wrote:
MountainDrew wrote:Karl Towns is by far my favourite prospect right now. Not claiming I've watched match of
any player, but the things I see and read about him make me a big fan in the early stages.

He's on top of my draft board for quite some time already. In terms of rankings, I think Towns is this year's version of Embiid. Okafor is more like Wiggins.

I'm not sure I like Okafor as much as everybody else either. I may change my mind once I see him in college games though.
I like Karl Townes. He reminds me of a 7'0 version of Rasheed Wallace, coming out of Gratz HS. Cliff Alexander reminds me a little of Elton Brand, but a slightly better athlete. Mudiay is a bad boy. He's in my top 2, right now.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
MountainDrew
Veteran

Post#210 » by MountainDrew » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:49 pm

I'm not sure what to think of Mudiay, I feel like he may get exposed and he'll really fall down the draft boards. Could be wrong obviously.

Is a more athletic Al Jefferson a good comparison for Okafor?
Trust the Process
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,407

Post#211 » by 76ciology » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:27 pm

MountainDrew wrote:I'm not sure what to think of Mudiay, I feel like he may get exposed and he'll really fall down the draft boards. Could be wrong obviously.

Is a more athletic Al Jefferson a good comparison for Okafor?

I can see the Al J comparison. Really good post player but I don't think he can anchor your team's defense.

I also think Mudiay will slip for he just becomes a really high risk player. FWIW, the point guards in china are really bad. They aren't skilled, really short and really not athletic. I think Mudiay is going the Exum route where he opts to be the man of mystery next year.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#212 » by Negrodamus » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:46 pm

WVU wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GNvoNrq7UE&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Butler, Mazzulla, and Ebanks still haunts me when UK couldn't hit a FT or 3FG with the Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe, Patterson team.

Damn... that still pisses me off.
WVU
Rookie
And1: 759

Post#213 » by WVU » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:07 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
WVU wrote:

Butler, Mazzulla, and Ebanks still haunts me when UK couldn't hit a FT or 3FG with the Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe, Patterson team.

Damn... that still pisses me off.

Lol if it makes you feel any better, I threw up on Joe Mazzulla's feet that summer at one of the bars #payback
Mr Sixer
Banned User
And1: 459

Post#214 » by Mr Sixer » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:13 pm

I've been thinking about a couple of scenarios. My gut feeling is that the top pick will be Towns or Okafor next year. I feel that if we have the number 1 pick, and Jahlil was the consensus no. 1, we would trade down and get a helluva lot of value out of that pick because Hinkie has confidence in Embiid being center. The way Hinkie's been trade raping people it's scary to think what he could do with everyone knocking at our door for a potential franchise center at the no. 1 overall pick. On the other hand, maybe he keeps him as insurance.

If we pick Towns, that's where things start to get interesting. I think we definitely keep him because he has the potential to be that compliment to Embiid that we want Noel to be, with less shot-blocking but more offensive firepower. But what if all 3 of them pan out, do we have a 3 man big system going with one of the 3 coming off the bench, do we trade our beloved Noel even though he is looking like a great player, do we find a way to play a huge man lineup with towns at the 3 on offense and Noel at the 3 on defense. This is even more complicated by the fact that we have Saric who seems like he will probably be a super sub 4.

I have no clue, and we could obviously have worse problems because trading Towns, Noel or Okafor could get us huge return and really bolster the rest of our starting lineup and bench, but it is kind of scary. On the other hand, if Silver puts his curse on us and we don't get an ideal pick out of the lottery, at least we can pick up a wing player like Hezonja
MountainDrew
Veteran

Post#215 » by MountainDrew » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:56 am

If we end up with the first pick and the consensus is a center, I think we'll just keep him. Embiid and Noel are not guaranteed to be healthy and as Hinkie said in a press conference "if there's any position you'll want to stack up on in talent, the center position is the place to do it". (not word for word, but that's what it came down to. Good big men are so rare these days, why not get 3 really good ones? We can always trade if somehow all 3 of them turn out to be awesome.
Trust the Process
BlackKnight
Rookie
And1: 612

Post#216 » by BlackKnight » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:53 pm

Mr Sixer wrote:I've been thinking about a couple of scenarios. My gut feeling is that the top pick will be Towns or Okafor next year. I feel that if we have the number 1 pick, and Jahlil was the consensus no. 1, we would trade down and get a helluva lot of value out of that pick because Hinkie has confidence in Embiid being center. The way Hinkie's been trade raping people it's scary to think what he could do with everyone knocking at our door for a potential franchise center at the no. 1 overall pick. On the other hand, maybe he keeps him as insurance.

If we pick Towns, that's where things start to get interesting. I think we definitely keep him because he has the potential to be that compliment to Embiid that we want Noel to be, with less shot-blocking but more offensive firepower. But what if all 3 of them pan out, do we have a 3 man big system going with one of the 3 coming off the bench, do we trade our beloved Noel even though he is looking like a great player, do we find a way to play a huge man lineup with towns at the 3 on offense and Noel at the 3 on defense. This is even more complicated by the fact that we have Saric who seems like he will probably be a super sub 4.

I have no clue, and we could obviously have worse problems because trading Towns, Noel or Okafor could get us huge return and really bolster the rest of our starting lineup and bench, but it is kind of scary. On the other hand, if Silver puts his curse on us and we don't get an ideal pick out of the lottery, at least we can pick up a wing player like Hezonja

Noel could probably play the 3 defensively pretty well, but I'm not sure yet if Towns would be a great 3 offensively. Towns has mentioned that he doesn't know what position he'd play in the pros yet because of his diverse skillset. He's a great shooter and ballhandler for a big man but it's yet to be seen if his ballhandling skills are good enough to play the 3 spot.

If he can develop at least Giannis type handles, he's absolutely my #1 pick. He has the most intriguing skillset out of the 2015 draft candidates and a lineup of MCW/McDaniels/Noel/Towns/Embiid would be a potential defensive nightmare. :o
LeonJordanJr24
Sixth Man
And1: 550

Post#217 » by LeonJordanJr24 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:36 pm

Draft next year the best 2 guard avail and keep in moving... Mario Heronja

Embiid/Sims/ Varnado
Noel/ Saric int / Grant
Bennett/ Mcdaniels
Heronja int/ Thompson / McRae
MCW/ Wroton / Pierre Jackson / Milic int
76ers3
Sophomore
And1: 48

Post#218 » by 76ers3 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:11 pm

There has got to be a time where we stop stock-piling assets and start building a team..
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,548

Post#219 » by DayofMourning » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:11 pm

It was only a matter of time before people started jumping on the KAT train. Dude is bad ass. Great attitude. Amazing skill set. He only had to play some games before people started noticing.

Philly could certainly employ a 3 big rotation. Play each guy roughly 30 minutes, and you'd have a distinct edge over every single team you play. Basketball is won on matchups. I'd love to see it happen.
BNelley24
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#220 » by BNelley24 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:29 am

76ers3 wrote:There has got to be a time where we stop stock-piling assets and start building a team..

We are building a team, this has only been the 2nd draft during "rebuild"

Return to Philadelphia 76ers