Turner Rumored To Celtics

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

SJSF
Banned User
And1: 310

Re: Turner Rumored To Celtics 

Post#101 » by SJSF » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:34 pm

GoSixersBro wrote:
Cokeleaf wrote:I read an article with Evan quoted saying when he first joined the Sixers he felt like no one wanted to "show him the ropes" because others felt they would be competing for playing time and didn't want to be replaced by the new kid.

So when Michael was drafted Evan took it upon himself to help Michael out and teach him the things he had to learn the hard way

Iguodala?

Another player I am glad is gone
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,770

Post#102 » by Skates » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:39 pm

They also didn't want to watch "The Notebook" with him, those dirty bastages!!!
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#103 » by PhilasFinest » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:29 pm

Froob wrote:Does this kid have any potential or does he just suck?

Hes inefficient, complains non stop and whines about everything....He needs to have the ball in his hands and essentially needs to be "the man" on the floor to put up numbers and not complain.

Maybe the Pacers situation woke him up, but i think at this point he is what he is....a decent bench piece, who can't shoot and is only semi-effective if you wanna hand him the keys to your entire 2nd unit. But then again, he'd most likely bitch about being a bench player.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,978

Post#104 » by Froob » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:32 pm

PhilasFinest wrote:
Froob wrote:Does this kid have any potential or does he just suck?

Hes inefficient, complains non stop and whines about everything....He needs to have the ball in his hands and essentially needs to be "the man" on the floor to put up numbers and not complain.

Maybe the Pacers situation woke him up, but i think at this point he is what he is....a decent bench piece, who can't shoot and is only semi-effective if you wanna hand him the keys to your entire 2nd unit. But then again, he'd most likely bitch about being a bench player.

Thanks for the input, how do you guys like Brett Brown? I know Stevens seems to get the most of his players (I actually like him more than Doc), has Brown done well with the talent he's been given? Curious to know if Brown had Turner playing any better. Brown is from Maine so would be cool to see him do well.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#105 » by CoreyGallagher » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:54 pm

Froob wrote:Thanks for the input, how do you guys like Brett Brown? I know Stevens seems to get the most of his players (I actually like him more than Doc), has Brown done well with the talent he's been given? Curious to know if Brown had Turner playing any better. Brown is from Maine so would be cool to see him do well.

I personally love Brett Brown, he has done well with the minimal talent at his disposal and believe you can see glimpses of his labor throughout the roster and to your inquiry, Turner as well. Turner, while not necessarily efficient by average standard, played his most efficient basketball under Brett Brown, 13.2 PER up from career sub 12 PER, that nose dived to 9.7 for the Pacers.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, Turner is a player you can root for, he seems like a good person and has had to overcome a lot from the moment he was born (from the articles I have read). I personally don't like him as a basketball player and believe his ceiling isn't particularly high, however given his skill set, if he could play at even an average efficiency he would be a respectable player off of the bench. The issue I foresee is that I doubt he's willing to temper his perception of himself and accepting a deeper reserve role, he seems like a proud person and given his responses in interviews still views himself as more than he is.

I wish him the best of luck in Boston, however I don't understand why anyone would be particularly excited to acquire him.
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
Cokeleaf
Senior
And1: 131

Post#106 » by Cokeleaf » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:12 am

If you pay attention to Brett Brown during any Sixers game you will see Brett on the sideline yelling at players, giving hand signals, demonstrating a proper defensive stance, slapping players on the bum when they're subbed out to let them know they played well. He is a brilliant players coach, and has a strong understanding of the defensive disciplines
Cokeleaf
Senior

Post#107 » by Cokeleaf » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:13 am

GoSixersBro wrote:
Cokeleaf wrote:I read an article with Evan quoted saying when he first joined the Sixers he felt like no one wanted to "show him the ropes" because others felt they would be competing for playing time and didn't want to be replaced by the new kid.

So when Michael was drafted Evan took it upon himself to help Michael out and teach him the things he had to learn the hard way

Iguodala?

He didn't point fingers so we can only guess :-?
MountainDrew
Veteran
And1: 885

Post#108 » by MountainDrew » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:36 am

I'm literally so happy he signed with the celtics. Now they get to watch one of the most frustrating players in the nba, and hope he can hit that magical ceiling he never even really had. Dude is what he is at this point, and inefficient chucker with a bad attitude who can provide some defensive rebounding and overrated ballhandling ability from the guard spot.

Celtics board is going to be fun to read at times this season.
Trust the Process
EricYellowSnow
Freshman
And1: 16

Post#109 » by EricYellowSnow » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:33 pm

Glad he signed with the Celtics, dude was garb
tanner99
Freshman
And1: 11

Post#110 » by tanner99 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:52 am

It would be hilarious if Turner has his break out season with the Celtics :lol:
Cokeleaf
Senior

Post#111 » by Cokeleaf » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:56 am

tanner99 wrote:It would be hilarious if Turner has his break out season with the Celtics :lol:

No it wouldn't :(
Celtics fans would talk smack til no end
tanner99
Freshman
And1: 11

Post#112 » by tanner99 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:59 am

Cokeleaf wrote:
tanner99 wrote:It would be hilarious if Turner has his break out season with the Celtics :lol:

No it wouldn't :(
Celtics fans would talk smack til no end

It seems like 80% of Sixers fans hate his guts, but I think he's a decent player who can do well in the right system.

It probably won't happen though..
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Post#113 » by Sixerscan » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:00 am

As long as that system plays in the big 10
Cokeleaf
Senior

Post#114 » by Cokeleaf » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:07 am

Funny how Turner and his agent asked to not be traded. They must have realised he wouldn't get much attention on the free agency market
The Sixer Fixer
Lead Assistant
And1: 60

Post#115 » by The Sixer Fixer » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:44 am

Brett Brown says nice things about Turner. Guy must have an amazing positive attitude towards everything lol.

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.s ... _bret.html

Return to Philadelphia 76ers