ImageImageImage

Croatia vs Serbia (Saric and Micic playing)

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Phoen-X
Sophomore
And1: 12

Re: Croatia vs Serbia (Saric and Micic playing) 

Post#21 » by Phoen-X » Sat Aug 9, 2014 6:14 pm

Micic played well in the first half.
Okafor - Noel - Saric - Wroten - Embiid
Phoen-X
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#22 » by Phoen-X » Sat Aug 9, 2014 10:43 pm

No legit Saric pic today given his poor overall game, I'll try to get something tomorrow.

Micic layup :
http://imgur.com/hUynCyt

Hezonja shot :
http://imgur.com/7dvTXrR
Okafor - Noel - Saric - Wroten - Embiid
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#23 » by Dcebucks11 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:34 pm

Saric is on again right now .. Against Giannis from the bucks
Gordon
Rookie
And1: 161

Post#24 » by Gordon » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:33 pm

http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/38 ... tz8tMT4ow/

Saric with 11 and 7, Hezonja 10 and 6. Antetokounmpo 8 and 7 rebounds.

Saric looks like he got stronger over the summer, bullying his way to the basket on some post-ups. He has great potential as a pick and roll ballhandler. 4-5 pick and rolls with him and Noel could be interesting. I think he is big time steal for Sixers. If he has big World Cup, he could have been Top 3-5 pick next year.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#25 » by Sixerscan » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:53 pm

Saric had 14 pts. Played well.
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#26 » by Dcebucks11 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:29 pm

Gordon wrote:http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/3886/12/39/89/43Pytz8tMT4ow/

Saric with 11 and 7, Hezonja 10 and 6. Antetokounmpo 8 and 7 rebounds.

Saric looks like he got stronger over the summer, bullying his way to the basket on some post-ups. He has great potential as a pick and roll ballhandler. 4-5 pick and rolls with him and Noel could be interesting. I think he is big time steal for Sixers. If he has big World Cup, he could have been Top 3-5 pick next year.

how do you get the live stats for other games? i dont see a link anywhere
Broad+Pattison
Freshman
And1: 38

Post#27 » by Broad+Pattison » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:44 pm

I completely forgot about Micic. When is he projected to come over? Two years as well?
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,965

Post#28 » by ankle420breaker » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:43 pm

Sixerscan wrote:Saric had 14 pts. Played well.

If you happened to watch the game, would you be able to elaborate on how has he been getting his offense? Playing off the P&R? Playing in the post? Hitting from outside? Thanks in advance.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#29 » by Sixerscan » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:57 pm

ankle420breaker wrote:

If you happened to watch the game, would you be able to elaborate on how has he been getting his offense? Playing off the P&R? Playing in the post? Hitting from outside? Thanks in advance.

He hit one three when I was watching. Was mostly playing the 4, setting picks and popping or rolling. A couple times he took his man off the dribble from the top of the key. It was pretty unstoppable but croatia went away from it for some reason.

Overall it seemed like he was being confined to the 4 because their other big men sucked and they had some relatively passable guards. I saw some glimpses into the whole point forward thing though. Is definitely an excellent passer.
MountainDrew
Veteran
And1: 885

Post#30 » by MountainDrew » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:58 pm

It seems like Micic has some kind of knee injury and it seems serious :x

Always just seems to happen, doesn't it. Let's hope he's alright.
Trust the Process
BlackKnight
Rookie
And1: 612

Post#31 » by BlackKnight » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:07 pm

MountainDrew wrote:It seems like Micic has some kind of knee injury and it seems serious :x

Always just seems to happen, doesn't it. Let's hope he's alright.

Libertyballers says he has fluid in his knee. It doesn't sound too serious but I dunno. Hopefully it won't be a chronic thing for him.
MRxBLACK
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,872

Post#32 » by MRxBLACK » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:35 pm

Sounds like Micic has bursitis. Iverson dealt with it throughout his career.
ESPN Sucks
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,965

Post#33 » by ankle420breaker » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:17 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
ankle420breaker wrote:

He hit one three when I was watching. Was mostly playing the 4, setting picks and popping or rolling. A couple times he took his man off the dribble from the top of the key. It was pretty unstoppable but croatia went away from it for some reason.

Overall it seemed like he was being confined to the 4 because their other big men sucked and they had some relatively passable guards. I saw some glimpses into the whole point forward thing though. Is definitely an excellent passer.

Thanks. Sounds like a reliable outside shot would make him a fairly tough cover.
Gordon
Rookie
And1: 161

Post#34 » by Gordon » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:46 pm

righterwriter
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,536

Post#35 » by righterwriter » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:19 pm

My take on Saric is that he has to be involved in the offense for him to be effective (kind of obvious, but let me explain).

If he takes the ball up the court or is given the ball and asked to create something, he is dynamite. If he is asked to sit in the corner while other players handle the ball, then has to get his through hustle and waiting for a kickout, he's not so effective.

His ability to handle and create has to be a focal point, or his weaknesses (inconsistent jump shot, lack of strength and athleticism, lack of a real post game) are much more apparent.

Also, he's going to be tough to watch defensively. Not quick enough to guard a 3, not strong enough to cover a bruising PF down low. Hope that Noel and Embiid can cover for him.
Gsraider
Starter
And1: 111

Post#36 » by Gsraider » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:45 pm

righterwriter wrote:My take on Saric is that he has to be involved in the offense for him to be effective (kind of obvious, but let me explain).

If he takes the ball up the court or is given the ball and asked to create something, he is dynamite. If he is asked to sit in the corner while other players handle the ball, then has to get his through hustle and waiting for a kickout, he's not so effective.

His ability to handle and create has to be a focal point, or his weaknesses (inconsistent jump shot, lack of strength and athleticism, lack of a real post game) are much more apparent.

Also, he's going to be tough to watch defensively. Not quick enough to guard a 3, not strong enough to cover a bruising PF down low. Hope that Noel and Embiid can cover for him.

So, basically Philly acquired a taller version of Evan Turner? Whatever the case, I still am not sure if he ever suits up for Philly, but rather, is part of a larger deal in the future.
roma258
Analyst
And1: 901

Post#37 » by roma258 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:14 pm

Gsraider wrote:
righterwriter wrote:My take on Saric is that he has to be involved in the offense for him to be effective (kind of obvious, but let me explain).

So, basically Philly acquired a taller version of Evan Turner? Whatever the case, I still am not sure if he ever suits up for Philly, but rather, is part of a larger deal in the future.

Wouldn't a 6'10" Evan Turner be a pretty effective NBA player? Not that I think the comparison is fair to Saric, his passing instincts are pretty fantastic and he plays with the kind of fire ET never had. He'll be fine and I think he suits up for us 2 years from now.
Liberté, égalité, lotteré
Gsraider
Starter
And1: 111

Post#38 » by Gsraider » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:25 pm

roma258 wrote:Wouldn't a 6'10" Evan Turner be a pretty effective NBA player? Not that I think the comparison is fair to Saric, his passing instincts are pretty fantastic and he plays with the kind of fire ET never had. He'll be fine and I think he suits up for us 2 years from now.

I think there is a ceiling on any player that requires the ball in order to be effective. It would be nice to get players that can play off the ball as well as on it.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#39 » by Sixerscan » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:47 pm

He plays nothing like Evan Turner, unless you are just grouping players into two groups of people who are good shooters and people that are not.
righterwriter
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,536

Post#40 » by righterwriter » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:06 pm

There's not many players out there whom he does play like, to be honest.

During the U-19 FIBA tournament he took the ball up the court and played PG, which was pretty cool to watch. I think a good comparison might be a hybrid between more passionate/less athletic Lamar Odom and a more creative/less fundamental Detlef Schrempf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LjuWEZJnis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h26gGTyofBU

I honestly have no idea how to rank him in the NBA, but he has the potential to be a high impact player. It's up to the right coach to get the most out of him. And one thing that can be said about Dario, he is tough, he is super competitive, and he improves every year. So he won't be the typical soft Euro washout.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers