ImageImageImage

Did Bill Belichick just pull a Hinkie?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Did Belichick just pull a Hinkie?

Yes, Belichick used to treat his veteran players like sacred cows until Hinkie corrupted his soul.
33%
No, Belichick has always been a cold hearted bastard.
67%

Total votes: 6

Agnostifarian
Veteran
And1: 705

Did Bill Belichick just pull a Hinkie? 

Post#1 » by Agnostifarian » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:18 pm

Just pulled this off the RealGM Football General Board:

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ ... ight_pick/

So far, nary a single comment suggesting any nefarious dealings...

Here's a stab at Belichick from the press:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... pt-he-can/

The Patriots have been making moves like this for a decade; Ty Law was a good example. Currently, the team has no healthy TEs and plenty of OL depth. So, they trade the 32 yr old, $6.75 MM OG for a $800K, 24 yr old TE & a 2015 4th round pick.

The Red Sox traded half of their team at the deadline a few weeks ago and were lauded for their rebuilding strategy.

Where's the love for Sam?
“This may be one of the best jobs in basketball right now,” Colangelo said at a press conference introducing him as the new GM of the 76ers after Sam Hinkie resigned.
SixersfutureGM
Senior
And1: 45

Re: Did Bill Belichick just pull a Hinkie? 

Post#2 » by SixersfutureGM » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:35 pm

The two examples you provided are teams that won championships and are proven winners. Until Hinkie does it, he does not deserve the love (and this is coming from a sixers fan that loves his direction)
Darain wrote:Dude is like 6-10, 6-12 at the most

But he is definitely not 7 foot

Darain wrote:Prime Wilt wouldn't be anymore than Kwame Brown in today's NBA

Idunno who you are Mister Darain but you are a signature gold mine.. keep them coming!
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#3 » by Ericb5 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:44 pm

Belichick has been doing this for years. It always amazes me how many picks they get and then turn into good players.

He is just very sober when assessing talent. If a deal comes along that makes sense value wise he does it, even if it includes shipping out good picks or players.

I would say that Hinkie does the same thing, but he needs to do it a bit longer to really deserve the reputation.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,773

Post#4 » by Skates » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:51 pm

Now if Hinkie could get Amaro to pull a Hinkie, that would be freaking news. Belichick has always done it, learned it from Parcells.
ryst
Banned User
And1: 506

Post#5 » by ryst » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:17 am

why do I have to see the name of this cheating scumbag when I come here?
Agnostifarian
Veteran
And1: 705

Post#6 » by Agnostifarian » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:38 pm

ryst wrote:why do I have to see the name of this cheating scumbag when I come here?

Don't you start calling Sam names...
“This may be one of the best jobs in basketball right now,” Colangelo said at a press conference introducing him as the new GM of the 76ers after Sam Hinkie resigned.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#7 » by 51X3RF4N » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:52 pm

Honestly....I loathe the Patriots. I'm a die-hard Carolina Panthers fan, and the Super Bowl game simply broke me. And then to find out after the fact that the Patriots had known exactly what Delhomme was calling at the line the majority of the 2nd half...and I won't get into the whole "cheating" thing. It's just a fact. One way or another the Pats got the information, and used it to win the game. But regardless, it irked me to the core.

HOWEVER....

I think if anything the term "pulling a Belichick (sp?)" should be the phrase used in this situation. Hinkie would be wise to take lessons from the Pats when it comes to getting the better end of a trade.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,702

Post#8 » by the_process » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:47 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:Honestly....I loathe the Patriots. I'm a die-hard Carolina Panthers fan, and the Super Bowl game simply broke me. And then to find out after the fact that the Patriots had known exactly what Delhomme was calling at the line the majority of the 2nd half...and I won't get into the whole "cheating" thing. It's just a fact. One way or another the Pats got the information, and used it to win the game. But regardless, it irked me to the core.

HOWEVER....

I think if anything the term "pulling a Belichick (sp?)" should be the phrase used in this situation. Hinkie would be wise to take lessons from the Pats when it comes to getting the better end of a trade.

Considering the Panthers shouldn't have even been in the Super Bowl that year... :wink:

I agree with the previous poster that I would rather not talk about the Cheatriots here.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers