ImageImageImage

tell me how you feel about Tony Wroten

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Aussiepiston1
Bench Warmer
And1: 278

Re: tell me how you feel about Tony Wroten 

Post#21 » by Aussiepiston1 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:44 pm

wow Wroten over MCW..... That would be the day smh, MCW is a 2 way player while Wroten is a scoring guard who at present is suited to a 6th man role.
As for the future who knows, life is unpredictable.
ET Da Gawd
Sixth Man
And1: 367

Post#22 » by ET Da Gawd » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:20 pm

76ers3 wrote:If Wroten continues to develop, I see him being our sixth man when Embiid-Noel-MCW-2015 Pick are ready to contend for titles.

Precisely, esp once his shooting comes around, hes gonna be a tough cookie to deal with. I love his relentlessness
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#23 » by LloydFree » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:33 pm

NightmanCometh wrote:I like him, but he's still young and raw. Wouldn't judge him too harshly just yet.

I think it's within his reach to become a Mike Conley Jr type player. Combined with his explosiveness, potentially dangerous.

Mike Conley Jr is severely underrated. I'd be happy if MCW could reach his level, let alone Wroten.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
phillthy13
Sophomore
And1: 57

Post#24 » by phillthy13 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:59 pm

42uptop wrote:Wroten is all flash but zero substance. He will make some highlight reel plays but he isn't good at basketball

He isn't good at basketball. HUH?
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,421

Post#25 » by 76ciology » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:11 pm

Best Case: LBJ
Worst Case: Jordan
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ers3
Sophomore
And1: 48

Post#26 » by 76ers3 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:28 pm

76ciology wrote:Best Case: LBJ
Worst Case: Jordan

I think you meant to flip those.
supermelo
Banned User
And1: 27

Post#27 » by supermelo » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:09 am

This young guy is growing...maybe he is a nice replacement behind MCW ?
career stats chart
http://www.fansboard.com/careerStats?player=Tony-Wroten
ability radar chart
http://www.fansboard.com/playerAbility? ... ony-Wroten
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#28 » by CoreyGallagher » Mon Sep 1, 2014 12:35 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS_e8ba7L8Y[/youtube]

He's as entertaining as they come, also, yes, amongst all those fancy moves and ridiculous passes he did find time to swat the **** out of Spencer Hawes (1:18), lol.
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
siar617
Analyst
And1: 457

Post#29 » by siar617 » Mon Sep 1, 2014 1:06 pm

Would you guys be ok with adding to the supposed Amare deal?
Or a change to it to Amare 2018 1st for Richardson and Wroten?
MountainDrew
Veteran
And1: 885

Post#30 » by MountainDrew » Mon Sep 1, 2014 2:21 pm

I wouldn't give the Knicks anything semi-valuable in an Amare salary dump.
Trust the Process
siar617
Analyst

Post#31 » by siar617 » Mon Sep 1, 2014 7:10 pm

MountainDrew wrote:I wouldn't give the Knicks anything semi-valuable in an Amare salary dump.

That's cool and somewhat understandable. I see two and1's to your comment but answer this for me. A team obviously in the tank. What is considered semi-valuable? No offense but you put out a dleague team last year and look to put out an all star dleague team this year. What is untouchable and what not? Is Richardson valuable? As a real fan of bball I know Wroten has a chance to be something if in a right system and players around him if he put in the work and added a jumper and upped his BBIQ ie. Passing skills Shooting touch and shot selection. But around the league he wouldn't get much if anything at all. I think in the triangle with good players already around him he could shine but in Philly he is not only stuck behind MCW but also slightly redundant.

Outside of these semi-valuable players are there any players on your team worth Amare knowing your only on the hook for 7 mil by deadline?
Xepa777
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,743

Post#32 » by Xepa777 » Mon Sep 1, 2014 8:47 pm

siar617 wrote:
MountainDrew wrote:I wouldn't give the Knicks anything semi-valuable in an Amare salary dump.

That's cool and somewhat understandable. I see two and1's to your comment but answer this for me. A team obviously in the tank. What is considered semi-valuable? No offense but you put out a dleague team last year and look to put out an all star dleague team this year. What is untouchable and what not? Is Richardson valuable? As a real fan of bball I know Wroten has a chance to be something if in a right system and players around him if he put in the work and added a jumper and upped his BBIQ ie. Passing skills Shooting touch and shot selection. But around the league he wouldn't get much if anything at all. I think in the triangle with good players already around him he could shine but in Philly he is not only stuck behind MCW but also slightly redundant.

Outside of these semi-valuable players are there any players on your team worth Amare knowing your only on the hook for 7 mil by deadline?

What part of "if you're going to dump Amare on us you need to give us assets with him" do you not get? Jeremy Lin is a solid player, but eating that contract required a first round to accompany him. Amare's knees can blow up (and have blown up) at any time and he's on the wrong side of 30, so yes, if you were to trade him to the Sixers, you would get nothing in return. You would have to give the Sixers value.

Seriously...c'mon.

And Wroten would be terrible in the Triangle. In its purest form, the point of the Triangle is to have an equal opportunity offense that relies on cutting and post play. Not ball dominant guards. You can adapt it for Kobe and Jordan, but for Tony Wroten? smh.
SouthJersey
Starter
And1: 144

Post#33 » by SouthJersey » Mon Sep 1, 2014 9:03 pm

I like wroten off the bench, and he can fill in as a starter if MCW is out for a couple games.

No, I would not add him to take on Amare. Semi valuable = young, cheap, and productive

I think the players would be Shved and Moute that would go in an Amare dump
siar617
Analyst

Post#34 » by siar617 » Tue Sep 2, 2014 1:24 am

[quote="SouthJersey"]I like wroten off the bench, and he can fill in as a starter if MCW is out for a couple games.

No, I would not add him to take on Amare. Semi valuable = young, cheap, and productive

I think the players would be Shved and Moute that would go in an Amare dump[/MACquote]

Shved is actually good and a keeper. You will learn to like him. Great fit next to MCW. Can handle the ball a little and shoot.
Anyhow nice to know what you guys think hope things workout for both teams.
EricYellowSnow
Freshman
And1: 16

Post#35 » by EricYellowSnow » Mon Sep 8, 2014 4:41 pm

He has a chance to be a solid starter and the only player who isn't afraid to create/take his own shot. Besides he's the only form of entertainment on this squad...no look passes, shammgod crossovers, and driving to the rim with a head full of steam.

From what I can tell, his shooting form isn't too terrible and has gotten better during Summer play. We'll see how he does this season with extended minutes, an expanded role, and another year under his belt.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#36 » by ankle420breaker » Mon Sep 8, 2014 5:04 pm

Wroten has good size combined with an amazing blend of speed and handle... pretty much allowing him to get to the rim as effortlessly as just about anybody in the league. He's just yet to figure out how to use these assets to his teammates' advantage...

He's more than capable of collapsing defenses yet he's hardly a threat when it comes to creating shots for others. He needs to deviate from the highlight ball mentality and focus on adapting his skill-set to fit more of a team-first system. Not everything needs to be a no-look pass... if you've consistently got your man on his heels then try and incorporate a pull up game. I do like Tony as a prospect, but its time for him to start shrinking his margin for error.
roma258
Analyst
And1: 901

Post#37 » by roma258 » Mon Sep 8, 2014 5:44 pm

He's a developmental combo-guard off the bench. Has really good tools to be a Jamal Crawford type, instant offense guy. He was starting to pass the rock much better towards the end of last year. If he could put it all together, he could be starter-level player in the NBA. For now, he's a cheap developmental guy with some potential.
Liberté, égalité, lotteré
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#38 » by LloydFree » Mon Sep 8, 2014 7:14 pm

Tony Wroten is really a lucky player, to wind up with the 76ers. Normally a 19 year old late 1st round pick, with the kind of holes in his game that he has, would be ticketed for Europe by his 3rd season. He lucked into the 76ers situation, where they can play him into a useful NBA pro. If he can show himself to be a more mature and defensive minded PG, he could play himself into a 2nd NBA contract at a very young age.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
42uptop
Starter
And1: 754

Post#39 » by 42uptop » Mon Sep 8, 2014 9:14 pm

The real surprise is that Memphis traded him away after only one season. I find it hard to believe that Wroten has some sort of hidden skillset that they didn't see. Not that it's impossible, but looking at how he played I don't see much of a future for him as a notable NBA player.
I speak the truth.
shawn_hemp
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#40 » by shawn_hemp » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:26 am

vdalfmd wrote:I love his sixth man potential. To me he can be a good scoring point guard (combo) from the bench, but he's more of a slasher and needs the ball in his hands to express his creative abilities. At 2, considered we'll have the Twin Towers inside the paint and a non-shooter starting PG in MCW, I would prefer more shooters than slashers/ballhandlers.

although this is the scenario I see most likely to play out. A 3 pt shooter would round out this team so much better

Return to Philadelphia 76ers