ImageImageImage

Nerlens Noel will start at Power Forward

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,733

Re: Nerlens Noel will start at Power Forward 

Post#41 » by Mik317 » Mon Oct 6, 2014 12:37 am

I watched every game last season...Brown had out of bound plays, actual end of game plays, ...**** it plays in general.

all of which was waaay better than Eddie Jordan's bull Princeton mess and Dougie's yolo shoot long twoooos offense. Doug's end of game play was to give it to a guy and have him take a tough contested jumper. Brown drew up plays to get Hawes his gamewinner, Turner his gamewinner.

I know you like to diss everything so you never look like you are supporting Hinkie but come one breh...are you really stating that those two were better coaches? I actually like Doug but he was more of a motivator and such than an xs and os guy. Jordan is a bum in every sense of the word.

In other words, stop it slime.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,091

Post#42 » by Kobblehead » Mon Oct 6, 2014 1:39 am

Flyers start Wed, I hate that we have to wait until the end of the month for the NBA to start. I can't wait to see Noel with weakside block totals rivaling those of Josh Smith.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,742

Post#43 » by Sixersftw » Mon Oct 6, 2014 1:48 am

Chamberlainship wrote:You are what your record says you are.

The love child of Phil Jackson and Red Auerbach couldn't win more games w/ last years slop.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,091

Post#44 » by Kobblehead » Mon Oct 6, 2014 1:54 pm

He's not in Collins's class as an NBA coach.

I'm indifferent on Coach Brown, but Collins is a joke. He couldn't win a single playoff series with a superstar Grant Hill at his absolute peak and only once made it to the Conference Finals with f***ing JORDAN.
LeonJordanJr24
Sixth Man
And1: 550

Post#45 » by LeonJordanJr24 » Mon Oct 6, 2014 2:42 pm

Noel instantly becomes one of or if not best defensive 4's in the league. He is going to turns some heads in the NBA. He is going to shut down some of the biggest names his whole career. Book it!
Knighthonor
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#46 » by Knighthonor » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:10 pm

why you all dont want him at Center like in this game
http://www.nba.com/games/20141008/CHAPHI/gameinfo.html
?
Chamberlainship
Sixth Man
And1: 213

Post#47 » by Chamberlainship » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:00 pm

Kobblehead wrote:

I'm indifferent on Coach Brown, but Collins is a joke. He couldn't win a single playoff series with a superstar Grant Hill at his absolute peak and only once made it to the Conference Finals with f***ing JORDAN.

I'm not sure you're disagreeing with me.

Collins has his playoff issues. That's been a problem for him. But he's good at getting a team going in the right direction. That's a lot more than Brown has shown.
Chamberlainship
Sixth Man
And1: 213

Post#48 » by Chamberlainship » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:02 pm

Sixersftw wrote:

The love child of Phil Jackson and Red Auerbach couldn't win more games w/ last years slop.

Ok. So that makes him at best an unproven coach. Collins has proven to be a good coach, though his players tend to tune him after three years or so.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#49 » by BullyKing » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:23 pm

Chamberlainship wrote:
Sixersftw wrote:

Ok. So that makes him at best an unproven coach. Collins has proven to be a good coach, though his players tend to tune him after three years or so.

Actually, Collins has proven to be a horrific coach and even worse personnel executive but, you know, whatever.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Mr Sixer
Banned User
And1: 459

Post#50 » by Mr Sixer » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:43 pm

Knighthonor wrote:why you all dont want him at Center like in this game
http://www.nba.com/games/20141008/CHAPHI/gameinfo.html
?

Because Henry Sims is a 7 footer playing next to him, and Embiid will take his place when he comes back. Who cares if the box score says he is playing C or PF.
42uptop
Starter
And1: 754

Post#51 » by 42uptop » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:47 pm

Chamberlainship wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:

Collins has his playoff issues. That's been a problem for him. But he's good at getting a team going in the right direction. That's a lot more than Brown has shown.

Not at all. Collins proved that he could take a superior roster to an 8 seed and make bad trades as an executive. Brown has proven in one season that he has a better grasp of offense than Doug Collins' stone fossilized brain ever could comprehend. Who knows what he will show this year.
I speak the truth.
roma258
Analyst
And1: 901

Post#52 » by roma258 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:07 pm

Chamberlainship wrote:
Sixersftw wrote:

I think the only reason people from Philly still think Doug Collins is a good coach is that he followed the legendarily terrible Eddie Jordan. Only in this context does Doug Collins become a good coach.
Liberté, égalité, lotteré
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#53 » by Ericb5 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:15 pm

Chamberlainship wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:

I am apparently in the minority, but I think that Collins is a terrific coach. He just is not right in all situations and royally screwed up this team in the end. To me he is a poor man's Larry Brown in that he can grate on players, but he has a proven track record of turning teams around.

What he did with those Detroit teams was pretty miraculous in my opinion. They had Grant Hill who was obviously a superstar talent, but he was always more of a Robin than a Batman mentally. Plus the rest of the team was pretty poor. The year that they won 54 games was a great coaching performance.

Neither Collins nor Brown are player developers though. They are more like motivators and system teachers.

As a man I have tremendous respect for Collins and absolutely LOVE him as an analyst. Sixer fans give him a bad rap because the team blew up in his face and his desired fixes were the wrong ones from a personnel standpoint. The team stunk before he got here anyway and he improved them on the court significantly before the implosion.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#54 » by BullyKing » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:10 pm

I think Collins is a lot like Larry Bowa. He is good at taking a terrible team and making them respectable through preaching fundamentals but his act wears think with his players after a couple years, they tune him out, young players don't develop, and its time for him to go.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
guest81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,461

Post#55 » by guest81 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:53 pm

LeonJordanJr24 wrote:Noel instantly becomes one of or if not best defensive 4's in the league. He is going to turns some heads in the NBA. He is going to shut down some of the biggest names his whole career. Book it!

Am I the only one who remembers that Noel hasn't played in a meaningful basketball game in almost 2 years and has never played an NBA minute? Even Derrick Rose has played more in that span
MRxBLACK
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,872

Post#56 » by MRxBLACK » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:02 pm

guest81 wrote:
LeonJordanJr24 wrote:Noel instantly becomes one of or if not best defensive 4's in the league. He is going to turns some heads in the NBA. He is going to shut down some of the biggest names his whole career. Book it!

Am I the only one who remembers that Noel hasn't played in a meaningful basketball game in almost 2 years and has never played an NBA minute? Even Derrick Rose has played more in that span

It's not a stretch at all to say he's going to be a great defensive player. Anyone with a brain knows Noel is going to be one of the best defensive forces in the league. You can't teach his height, length, athleticism, or instincts.
ESPN Sucks
guest81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,461

Post#57 » by guest81 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:04 pm

MRxBLACK wrote:
guest81 wrote:

It's not a stretch at all to say he's going to be a great defensive player. Anyone with a brain knows Noel is going to be one of the best defensive forces in the league. You can't teach his height, length, athleticism, or instincts.

someday maybe, but the post used the word "instantly". An NBA vet is going to have some trouble coming off that long of layoff, much less a rookie whose never played.
cksdayoff
RealGM
And1: 3,636

Post#58 » by cksdayoff » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:31 pm

This is what I envisioned even before the Sixers drafted Embiid.
#failforfultz
willywazza
Bench Warmer
And1: 412

Post#59 » by willywazza » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:20 pm

Excellent news.

Can't wait for the season to start and see the young guys develop!
MCtripDub
Pro Prospect
And1: 254
Location: Manila, Philippines: Home of Team Gilas Pilipinas #Puso

Post#60 » by MCtripDub » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:50 am

Gotta love Brett, man.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV8JmDMK8gM[/youtube]
Help a fellow Sixer fan out! Please drop by http://nbadraftaddict.tumblr.com/ :D

Thanks! #TogetherWeBuild

Return to Philadelphia 76ers