ImageImageImage

KJ McDaniels

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

tester551
Analyst
And1: 799

KJ McDaniels 

Post#1 » by tester551 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:01 pm

Portland fan here. What would it take to get McDaniels in a trade?

Does McDaniels for Dorrell Wright work? How about Joel Freeland?

I think he would be a perfect fit for what Portland needs. How do the 76ers think he will end up as a player?
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Re: KJ McDaniels 

Post#2 » by Unbreakable99 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:05 pm

You guys can try to sign him after this season since he is on a 1 year contract. You would have to offer him loads of money though since the Sixers can match. Even then the Sixers have more money than anyone so no one can outspend us. It's all about whether the Sixers want to give him money to match what another team offers.

As far as a trade I doubt you can offer us anything. Hinkie would probably demand more than what McDaniels is worth like a guy like Batum which you guys would laugh at Hinkie and slam the phone on his face.
ckchen
Veteran
And1: 574

Post#3 » by ckchen » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:32 pm

tester551 wrote:Portland fan here. What would it take to get McDaniels in a trade?

I think he would be a perfect fit for what Portland needs. How do the 76ers think he will end up as a player?

Considering that he makes almost nothing, I would imagine it would be very difficult to come up with a comparable trade. I would think that it would have to start with a future 1st round pick at a minimum. And definitely not any of this Wright/Freeland scrap heap type players. If the Sixers entertained the notion at all, they would be looking for a something like future 1st rounder + a young prospect under team control for several years (someone like McCollum or Leonard) at a minimum.
tester551
Analyst
And1: 799

Post#4 » by tester551 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:48 pm

ckchen wrote:
tester551 wrote:Portland fan here. What would it take to get McDaniels in a trade?

Considering that he makes almost nothing, I would imagine it would be very difficult to come up with a comparable trade. I would think that it would have to start with a future 1st round pick at a minimum. And definitely not any of this Wright/Freeland scrap heap type players. If the Sixers entertained the notion at all, they would be looking for a something like future 1st rounder + a young prospect under team control for several years (someone like McCollum or Leonard) at a minimum.

For someone who was drafted in the second round this past year & has yet to play in his first NBA game? I think you got a steal in McDaniels, but I wouldn't trade McCollum or Leonard for him straight up... let alone throw in a future 1st.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#5 » by Ericb5 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:02 pm

tester551 wrote:
ckchen wrote:

For someone who was drafted in the second round this past year & has yet to play in his first NBA game? I think you got a steal in McDaniels, but I wouldn't trade McCollum or Leonard for him straight up... let alone throw in a future 1st.

Fair enough, but why do you think that we would want to trade him for less? He was just drafted.

We would have to be overpaid to want to trade him at this point.
marcush
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,141

Post#6 » by marcush » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:17 pm

Why would they trade McDaniels for that poo poo platter?
ckchen
Veteran
And1: 574

Post#7 » by ckchen » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:18 pm

Ericb5 wrote:
tester551 wrote:
ckchen wrote:

Fair enough, but why do you think that we would want to trade him for less? He was just drafted.

We would have to be overpaid to want to trade him at this point.

Exactly, for better or worse, at this point before a game is played, you're trading for potential. There's no reason for them to ask for anything less than a future 1st rounder at least, especially considering how good the Blazers have been playing, a future first at this point is barely even recouping the initial investment (very high 2nd rounder in 2014 spent on McDaniels vs. a very low 1st rounder in a future draft). Nothing in McCollum's or Leonard's game after their first (or 2nd) season shows us much of anything that they would they could be, but that means they also have low trade value. So yes, I think that a future 1st (knowing it would be probably be late 20s) plus a young player is exactly what they would want at a minimum.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#8 » by BullyKing » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:20 pm

tester551 wrote:
ckchen wrote:

This is a lot closer to reality though than KJ for Wright or Freeland. I mean, what is your thought process on why that would ever be appealing to the Sixers?
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,685

Post#9 » by 76thBearCub » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:35 pm

Lillard.
MCtripDub
Pro Prospect
And1: 254
Location: Manila, Philippines: Home of Team Gilas Pilipinas #Puso

Post#10 » by MCtripDub » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:42 pm

Hahaha no offense, but for dorell wright? Oh man that made me giggle a bit tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app
Help a fellow Sixer fan out! Please drop by http://nbadraftaddict.tumblr.com/ :D

Thanks! #TogetherWeBuild

Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Post#11 » by Sixerscan » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:06 am

Lillard would work.
sgg001
Sophomore
And1: 14

Post#12 » by sgg001 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:43 am

Would we do MCW and McDaniels for Lillard and lotto protected 1st rounder? I actually say no. Lillard just doesn't do it for me. Old (for his nba experience), high volume shooting pg with ok (at best) defense. Great scorer though.
wickedwrister
Starter
And1: 1,535

Post#13 » by wickedwrister » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:53 am

Friendly reminder that Hinkie let Wright walk as soon as he got here. Why would he want to trade one of his assets for a guy he could have kept all along?
The feedback I've received from our fans is they understand we are trying to build something great. Good decisions come from having a broad set of options and making tough calls. We will do it unblinkingly. We have to be willing to take smart risks-Hinkie
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,685

Post#14 » by 76thBearCub » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:11 am

sgg001 wrote:Would we do MCW and McDaniels for Lillard and lotto protected 1st rounder? I actually say no. Lillard just doesn't do it for me. Old (for his nba experience), high volume shooting pg with ok (at best) defense. Great scorer though.

Hardcore brah. You weren't afraid to "go there".
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#15 » by Foshan » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:10 am

tester551 wrote:
ckchen wrote:If the Sixers entertained the notion at all, they would be looking for a something like future 1st rounder + a young prospect under team control for several years (someone like McCollum or Leonard) at a minimum.

McDaniels only signed a 1yr deal because he was convinced he was a 1st round talent and would be able to make more money next year... he's also a guy Hinkie said he was sure would go 1st round, so I don't think our front office just views him as a random 2nd round pick guy. Philly wouldn't trade him for the guys you below average vets, that just doesn't remotely work for us.

While McDaniels is a second round pick who hasn't played yet... that is actually preferable to me then Leonard, a 1st round pick who has looked... well bad. McCollum, IMO, went earlier than he should have been drafted, and has had injury issues. I think Leonard's value is less than McDaniels, while McCollum's is probably (at least for the moment) higher than McDaniels.
MeCarlos24
Rookie
And1: 52

Post#16 » by MeCarlos24 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:48 am

Lillard for KJ. Throw in Wright to even in out.
“There are a few prerequisites to inventing...You have to be willing to fail. You have to be willing to think long-term. You have to be willing to be misunderstood for long periods of time."
- Jeff Bezos
BNelley24
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#17 » by BNelley24 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:26 am

Dorrell Wright? Not trying to come off as an a-hole, but you really don't understand how building a NBA team works right? Why the hell would we trade a talented 2nd round rookie who has a lot of potential for a guy who has maxed out on his potential, is old, and isn't going to help this team down the line...like common man.
42uptop
Starter
And1: 754

Post#18 » by 42uptop » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:04 am

Yeah....McDaniels has more value to us than he would to Portland. Hinkie has shown a preference for big men who can defend, so we don't want any of your white stiffs in return. Also as another poster pointed out, he let Wright walk in free agency. Portland doesn't have any comparable piece to trade.
I speak the truth.
Aussiepiston1
Bench Warmer
And1: 278

Post#19 » by Aussiepiston1 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:00 am

troll
MountainDrew
Veteran
And1: 885

Post#20 » by MountainDrew » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:30 pm

lol at the guy who would say no to Lillard for MCW and KJ.

Also, there is no reason for us to trade KJ at this point.
Trust the Process

Return to Philadelphia 76ers