ImageImageImage

Game Thread: Philadelphia 76ers @ Indiana Pacers

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Re: Game Thread: Philadelphia 76ers @ Indiana Pacers 

Post#361 » by Ericb5 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:24 pm

WorldBeFree wrote:The talent level we got just makes me sad. I have no problem with tanking, i see the point of it. I just dont like our bench, they are starters here in austria, but they are just a shame for nba basketball. I just want one or two new guys who can do something of the bench then i am happy. Drop sampson, he doesnt belong in the nba. Our 5 startes did pretty well i liked watching them!

Sent from my D2303 using RealGM Forums mobile app

Our current team is sad from a talent perspective, but they play hard. I personally enjoy watching the games even though I expect and want them to lose.

This is what I want to see when I watch games.

Effort
Comeptetive fire
Noel showing his defensive skill
Noel showing that he can box people out and rebound
Noel getting better at staying out of foul trouble(I expect this to be a big issue at least early on)
Noel learning his limitations on Offense and not trying to play hero ball offensively(not that he does this, but I want to see him being smart and taking good shots) Don't care about him taking too many if they are good shots
Noel taking and making open jumpshots
MCW becoming a leader
MCW improving his jump shot
MCW learning to control himself and making better decisions with the ball
McDaniels playing good defense and showing me that he is going to be a good player
Jerami Grant. What is he?
Hollis hitting open 3 pointers like he did last season

Outside of those things, I am pretty much not looking for anything else. If we lose by 25 points every once in a while it won't hurt me.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,080

Post#362 » by Kobblehead » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:27 pm

Sixerscan wrote:Positive note, I am pretty sure Noel had the best debut of any rookie. Wiggins, Parker, Smart didn't do much. Gordon and Payton were meh. Exum barely played. Stauskas is having a good shooting night so far.

McDermott easily had the best debut.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#363 » by BullyKing » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:40 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:Positive note, I am pretty sure Noel had the best debut of any rookie. Wiggins, Parker, Smart didn't do much. Gordon and Payton were meh. Exum barely played. Stauskas is having a good shooting night so far.

True but he also easily has the best situation to be successful between being a number of years older than the other guys and playing on such a good, well-structured team. Stauskas actually ended up with a pretty bad shooting night (3-10).
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
BruceLeesCousin
Freshman
And1: 8

Post#364 » by BruceLeesCousin » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:47 pm

Entertaining game.
Liked what I saw from Shved and Wroten.
Regardless of the punk move on Hibbert, I think Thomas put up a good effort.
LeonJordanJr24
Sixth Man
And1: 550

Post#365 » by LeonJordanJr24 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:58 pm

I really like this teams direction and I see some results in development .
Noel will be a defensive force and his offense will improve once he settles in . I think he is definitely slotted in the right position as a "4" in which he can utilities his quickness on the perimeter as well. A great defensive building block .

Our future championship caliber bench...

Tony Wroten will be a great 6th man for us. He is starting to resemble Tyreke Evans . In a scoring role off the bench he is perfect. I like him a lot . Much more poised this year. Not much of a floor general but so what we have MCW for that.

Hollis Thompson is turning to a real sniper with defensive hustle . A little passive but he can be a very solid rotation wing for us.

KJ Mcdaniels will be a future shutdown defender . I don't see a future dynamic offensive player a (fringe starter) I just want him to finish on breaks and knock down corner 3's . Just like Thompson a very solid rotational wing.

Brandon Davies looks like he can be nice reserve who can come in and provide energy and hustle with out screwing up the game for us . I like what he brings as a deep reserve. Spurs always value these guys ala Malik Rose.

Sims will never be a legit starter in the NBA but however a solid reserve who can come in to give Embiid a breather. He doesn't have much lift and isn't explosive enough for big mins. However he can be a very efficient back up center for us.
...............................................................................................................................................
Shved may bring us some value at deadline with his play . Second pick maybe!
Please cut Jakar Sampson and bring in the young forward Denver waived. This guy is terrible.
Malcolm Thomas looks like a ok outside inside talent . Potential is there . I say keep him around . It seems like he has some dog in him too.
bedjawII
Pro Prospect
And1: 160

Post#366 » by bedjawII » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:25 pm

I was most impressed with Wroten. He looked like a different player, now let's see if he can keep that level of play. Sved was also impressive to me. Nobody else stood out. The rooks looked like rooks and every single one of them has a long developmental road ahead. I actually feel bad for KJ. Unless his game dramatically improves his contract is going to be a failure for him. He played like a 2nd rd pick should.
WorldBeFree
Starter
And1: 406

Re: AW: Game Thread: Philadelphia 76ers @ Indiana Pacers 

Post#367 » by WorldBeFree » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:37 pm

Ericb5 wrote:
WorldBeFree wrote:The talent level we got just makes me sad. I have no problem with tanking, i see the point of it. I just dont like our bench, they are starters here in austria, but they are just a shame for nba basketball. I just want one or two new guys who can do something of the bench then i am happy. Drop sampson, he doesnt belong in the nba. Our 5 startes did pretty well i liked watching them!

Our current team is sad from a talent perspective, but they play hard. I personally enjoy watching the games even though I expect and want them to lose.

Effort
Comeptetive fire
Noel getting better at staying out of foul trouble(I expect this to be a big issue at least early on)
Noel learning his limitations on Offense and not trying to play hero ball offensively(not that he does this, but I want to see him being smart and taking good shots) Don't care about him taking too many if they are good shots
MCW becoming a leader
McDaniels playing good defense and showing me that he is going to be a good player

Outside of those things, I am pretty much not looking for anything else. If we lose by 25 points every once in a while it won't hurt me.

Agree with most of it.
But i dont expect to lose every game and i want to see the guys playing for the win and not for showing themsleves. Also hustling is no indication to play in the nba, i know guys who hustle more then anyone on our team, so the only thing keeping them from the nba is lenght?
My opinion of Wroten: not a PG at all, he has a good drive and lived from the fastbreak yesterday. Wasnt to impressive like others see him.

Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,042

Post#368 » by Sixerscan » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:42 pm

Kobblehead wrote:

Meh, he's not being asked to do anything outside his comfort zone. He played well though.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#369 » by Ericb5 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:44 pm

WorldBeFree wrote:
Ericb5 wrote:

Effort
Comeptetive fire
MCW becoming a leader

Agree with most of it.
But i dont expect to lose every game and i want to see the guys playing for the win and not for showing themsleves. Also hustling is no indication to play in the nba, i know guys who hustle more then anyone on our team, so the only thing keeping them from the nba is lenght?
My opinion of Wroten: not a PG at all, he has a good drive and lived from the fastbreak yesterday. Wasnt to impressive like others see him.

I don't think that hustle translates into potential or anything like that. I just think that it is an indicator of the team listening to Brown and being on board with the culture.
WorldBeFree
Starter

Post#370 » by WorldBeFree » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:52 pm

Ericb5 wrote:
WorldBeFree wrote:
Ericb5 wrote:

Effort
Comeptetive fire
MCW becoming a leader

Agree with most of it.

I don't think that hustle translates into potential or anything like that. I just think that it is an indicator of the team listening to Brown and being on board with the culture.

Ah Ok my bad!! Yeah could be

underpressure
Analyst
And1: 239

Post#371 » by underpressure » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:58 pm

To be fair, we are shorthanded right now. So when MCW, Luc and Grant return to action, we will see less playing time for Sampson and the likes. And our second unit won't stink it up that much due to Wroten's instant scoring and Shved's playmaking. I was really happy seeing Shved deliver, since he is a very underrating playmaker, arguably the best on our squad. He is young as well, so who knows if he can stick around.
LeonJordanJr24
Sixth Man
And1: 550

Post#372 » by LeonJordanJr24 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:09 pm

underpressure wrote:To be fair, we are shorthanded right now. So when MCW, Luc and Grant return to action, we will see less playing time for Sampson and the likes. And our second unit won't stink it up that much due to Wroten's instant scoring and Shved's playmaking. I was really happy seeing Shved deliver, since he is a very underrating playmaker, arguably the best on our squad. He is young as well, so who knows if he can stick around.

Honestly I hope the prospect we stashed over seas Milic can be our future Shved.

Shved could fetch us some assets come deadline.
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#373 » by CoreyGallagher » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:18 pm

BruceLeesCousin wrote:Entertaining game.

You mean the punk flop by Hibber? Than yeah, that shouldn't have been a flagrant regardless, personal foul, hell, if Hibbert wasn't such a bitch it shouldn't have even been a foul.
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
BruceLeesCousin
Freshman
And1: 8

Post#374 » by BruceLeesCousin » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:29 pm

CoreyGallagher wrote:

You mean the punk flop by Hibber? Than yeah, that shouldn't have been a flagrant regardless, personal foul, hell, if Hibbert wasn't such a bitch it shouldn't have even been a foul.

Whoever's fault it was, the way Hibbert landed was concerning.
WorldBeFree
Starter

Post#375 » by WorldBeFree » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:41 pm

CoreyGallagher wrote:

Dude this is a foul, a normal foul. The refs have to call because it was clear what he did. Flagrant? Hell no!

CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#376 » by CoreyGallagher » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:53 pm

WorldBeFree wrote:
CoreyGallagher wrote:

Dude this is a foul, a normal foul. The refs have to call because it was clear what he did. Flagrant? Hell no!

If he would have fallen I doubt that it would have been called a foul.
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers