Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Chamberlainship
Sixth Man
And1: 213

Re: Is a healthy Embiid a sure thing? 

Post#101 » by Chamberlainship » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:38 am

Negrodamus wrote:Whenever I get down on the Sixers, I just watch this:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp7PX7hYUFQ[/youtube]

His hook shots with both hands along with fluid post moves really make me feel like he's the real deal. I just hope he can come back 100%.

Thanks for posting this. The guy looks like a stud. I hope he makes his debut soon (healthy).
roma258
Analyst
And1: 901

Post#102 » by roma258 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:39 pm

Ericb5 wrote:
Wilfried wrote:I know this is not really fair to him, but I see a lot of Hakeem Olajuwon. So fluid, a shooting touch, so athletic.

Let's hope he stays healthy and keeps his work ethic up and we might have a future superstar on our team.

And I don't see so many in the NBA nowadays. Maybe Anthony Davis.

Anthony Davis is currently a superstar and still in the midst of a growth spurt of skills.

I am still stunned that Davis the draft pick has turned into Davis the player so quickly.

I firmly believe that Embiid has similar ability in a bigger package.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

I keep saying this, but mofo just needs to stay healthy.
Liberté, égalité, lotteré
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,073

Post#103 » by Embiid P » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:14 pm

Maybe I need my eyes checked, but I haven't seen Embiid on the Sixers bench lately. If he was, I'm sure that the camera would show him at least once or twice a game. Have Hinkie and Brown excused him from being with the team during games or something?
Los5782
Junior
And1: 213

Post#104 » by Los5782 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:33 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0nxBm5TaI0[/youtube]
MCDubz-?-KD/Lebron-Noel-Embiid SixerNation!
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#105 » by Ericb5 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:41 pm

Stinky Hinkie wrote:Maybe I need my eyes checked, but I haven't seen Embiid on the Sixers bench lately. If he was, I'm sure that the camera would show him at least once or twice a game. Have Hinkie and Brown excused him from being with the team during games or something?

I noticed the same thing. The first time I noticed it was during a road game(Detroit game) so I figured that he just didn't travel that time, but I haven't seen him in the bench since.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Carmelo
Junior
And1: 89

Post#106 » by Carmelo » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:06 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DerekBodnerNBA/status/543906849305952257[/tweet]
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#107 » by Ericb5 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:17 am

Ericb5 wrote:
Stinky Hinkie wrote:Maybe I need my eyes checked, but I haven't seen Embiid on the Sixers bench lately. If he was, I'm sure that the camera would show him at least once or twice a game. Have Hinkie and Brown excused him from being with the team during games or something?

I noticed the same thing. The first time I noticed it was during a road game(Detroit game) so I figured that he just didn't travel that time, but I haven't seen him in the bench since.

Speak of the devil, he was just shown on the pregame show shooting with the team at the game.

AFMan
Sophomore
And1: 23

Post#108 » by AFMan » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:41 am

I trust Embiid can be all star in 3 years

Sent from my LT26w using RealGM Forums mobile app
ColdBlooded
Rookie
And1: 1,190

Post#109 » by ColdBlooded » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:11 am

Yes.

Embiid was my favorite prospect in last years draft class. Guy has perennial all-star written all over him.
Sam Hinkie crew.
snoopdogg88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,111

Post#110 » by snoopdogg88 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:12 pm

Watching Andrew Boguts career is what scares me with Embiid

Some guys just constantly have things popping up. It doesn't have to be one pinpointed issue. Just seems like something is always hampering him
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#111 » by Unbreakable99 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:48 pm

snoopdogg88 wrote:Watching Andrew Boguts career is what scares me with Embiid

Some guys just constantly have things popping up. It doesn't have to be one pinpointed issue. Just seems like something is always hampering him

Let's just see how it plays out.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,825

Post#112 » by XtremeDunkz » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:20 am

snoopdogg88 wrote:Watching Andrew Boguts career is what scares me with Embiid

But then you have Blake Griffin. I am hoping Embiid's case is more like his.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
Agnostifarian
Veteran
And1: 705

Post#113 » by Agnostifarian » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:04 pm

IMO, a healthy Embiid is a sure thing. He's got supreme physical advantages over other players and has elite potential at both ends of the floor. When we ask if he can play with Noel or Towns or Okafor, the question might more aptly be asked is, "How do those players fit with Joel?" IF HEALTHY, Joel is the most elite of the bunch. He is the cornerstone.

I think we should keep Joel near the rim where he has his biggest advantage. Sure, he can probably play a PF role but that is not his "highest and best use." Instead of trying to force Okafor or Noel to be Joel's front court partner, I think Towns has the most complimentary skill set. I haven't been able to watch enough of Towns to make an informed conclusion on his skill set or upside. However, it is my impression that he might be a PF in the mold of L Aldridge with better rim protection and rebounding. IMO, Towns adds spacing... Myles Turner is my "poor man's Towns."

Now, IF EMBIID's health is long term health is questionable, I'd be inclined to draft Okafor. Both guys have HOF potential.
“This may be one of the best jobs in basketball right now,” Colangelo said at a press conference introducing him as the new GM of the 76ers after Sam Hinkie resigned.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,800

Post#114 » by Negrodamus » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:50 pm

Agnostifarian wrote:IMO, a healthy Embiid is a sure thing. He's got supreme physical advantages over other players and has elite potential at both ends of the floor. When we ask if he can play with Noel or Towns or Okafor, the question might more aptly be asked is, "How do those players fit with Joel?" IF HEALTHY, Joel is the most elite of the bunch. He is the cornerstone.

I think we should keep Joel near the rim where he has his biggest advantage. Sure, he can probably play a PF role but that is not his "highest and best use." Instead of trying to force Okafor or Noel to be Joel's front court partner, I think Towns has the most complimentary skill set. I haven't been able to watch enough of Towns to make an informed conclusion on his skill set or upside. However, it is my impression that he might be a PF in the mold of L Aldridge with better rim protection and rebounding. IMO, Towns adds spacing... Myles Turner is my "poor man's Towns."

Now, IF EMBIID's health is long term health is questionable, I'd be inclined to draft Okafor. Both guys have HOF potential.

I think Towns has a better variety of skills compared to Myles Turner, but Turner has a nicer looking jumpshot (to me at least) and seems to be much more fluid athletically. I don't think there is a very large difference in the potential of both prospects, if at all.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#115 » by LloydFree » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:56 pm

Agnostifarian wrote:IMO, a healthy Embiid is a sure thing. He's got supreme physical advantages over other players and has elite potential at both ends of the floor. When we ask if he can play with Noel or Towns or Okafor, the question might more aptly be asked is, "How do those players fit with Joel?" IF HEALTHY, Joel is the most elite of the bunch. He is the cornerstone.

If by the end of the season if its a close decision on the overall talent, I'm taking Towns. Towns gives Embiid the opportunity to keep his back to the basket. With Noel, Towns can play back to the basket.

I think you lessen the value of Embiid's strengths by playing Embiid out of position. Just because he can shoot, doesn't mean the best place for him is on the perimeter or facing the basket. That could interfere with his development. It happened with Patrick Ewing. Hubie Brown took the superior talent (Ewing) and played him at PF, while the inferior Bill Cartwright played Center. That interfered with Ewing's development and changed his game. I'm hopeful, that if Embiid is healthy, they don't pair him with Okafor. One of their games will be damaged.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
wickedwrister
Starter
And1: 1,535

Post#116 » by wickedwrister » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:48 pm

If Okafor has HOF potential you take him and figure it out later. Taking a guy because of fit over a hall of famer lands you on the wrong side of a 30 for 30 documentary. If you view both guys similarly then you go for fit.
The feedback I've received from our fans is they understand we are trying to build something great. Good decisions come from having a broad set of options and making tough calls. We will do it unblinkingly. We have to be willing to take smart risks-Hinkie
bedjawII
Pro Prospect
And1: 160

Post#117 » by bedjawII » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:09 pm

LloydFree wrote:

If by the end of the season if its a close decision on the overall talent, I'm taking Towns. Towns gives Embiid the opportunity to keep his back to the basket. With Noel, Towns can play back to the basket.

I think you lessen the value of Embiid's strengths by playing Embiid out of position. Just because he can shoot, doesn't mean the best place for him is on the perimeter or facing the basket. That could interfere with his development. It happened with Patrick Ewing. Hubie Brown took the superior talent (Ewing) and played him at PF, while the inferior Bill Cartwright played Center. That interfered with Ewing's development and changed his game. I'm hopeful, that if Embiid is healthy, they don't pair him with Okafor. One of their games will be damaged.

What??? They only played two years together. You draft the best player available and right now that's Okafor by a wide margin. There is plenty of touches and space for two talented big men to be on the floor together. Both Okafor and Embiid have shown they can hit the 15 ft and that is plenty to space things out. Now Noel and his lack of an offensive game may become a problem if paired with one of those two. If you draft Okafor then Embiid and he are your future and you look to trade Noel, or he becomes a 6th man. Here's a news flash...we are all seeing why Noel dropped to 6. He's very very raw. He keeps talking about wanting to be like KG but honestly guys who are as raw as Noel usually don't develop into elite players. If I had to bet my money today, I'd say Noel doesn't become any better then Tyson Chandler. Which is a pretty good player but he's not elite nor is he someone you build your team around.
76ers3
Sophomore
And1: 48

Post#118 » by 76ers3 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:19 pm

wickedwrister wrote:

If Okafor has HOF potential you take him and figure it out later. Taking a guy because of fit over a hall of famer lands you on the wrong side of a 30 for 30 documentary. If you view both guys similarly then you go for fit.

Okafor, Hall of Fame potential? What...? Okafor is like Jabari Parker as Karl Towns is to Andrew Wiggins. Okafor is the better player right now, with chances to become an All Star, while Towns isn't as good right now, but down the line, if he develops right, will be better.
guest81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,473

Post#119 » by guest81 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:53 pm

when you use the words "if he stays healthy" with a player, especially a big man, it's usually never ends up happening.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#120 » by LloydFree » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:31 pm

bedjawII wrote:
LloydFree wrote:

What??? They only played two years together. You draft the best player available and right now that's Okafor by a wide margin. There is plenty of touches and space for two talented big men to be on the floor together. Both Okafor and Embiid have shown they can hit the 15 ft and that is plenty to space things out. Now Noel and his lack of an offensive game may become a problem if paired with one of those two. If you draft Okafor then Embiid and he are your future and you look to trade Noel, or he becomes a 6th man. Here's a news flash...we are all seeing why Noel dropped to 6. He's very very raw. He keeps talking about wanting to be like KG but honestly guys who are as raw as Noel usually don't develop into elite players. If I had to bet my money today, I'd say Noel doesn't become any better then Tyson Chandler. Which is a pretty good player but he's not elite nor is he someone you build your team around.

I don't agree that Okafor is the best prospect "by a wide margin". I believe Okafor is the best college basketball player. There is a difference.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down

Return to Philadelphia 76ers