ImageImageImage

Message to Sam Hinkie

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,694

Re: Message to Sam Hinkie 

Post#21 » by the_process » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:53 pm

The "bad culture" of the Cavs is read bad management. With that being said, you can see the talent of Love and LeBron will carry them kicking and screaming to a bunch of wins. That team needs to flip Irving for a more pass first PG. And they need to flip Waiters for anything just to get him outta there.

As far as the Sixers are concerned, they will get better. I am strictly speaking on a selfish level. I don't want to read these headlines on April 15th:

PHILADELPHIA - CITY OF LOSERS
USA Today

PHUTILE PHILADELPHIA 76ers
Philadelphia Daily News

Philadelphia sets all-time record for futility
ESPN

Throwing snowballs leads to record losses
Sporting News

You guys can tell me all you want about ignoring outside influences, and I agree, but I still don't want to listen to it anyway. Also, it took 35 years to get rid of the worst record of all time and I don't want it back. It's enough losing already, we have the stupid Phillies. It's mind numbing and draining even when you're ignoring it.
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,689

Post#22 » by 76thBearCub » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:02 pm

It wouldn't wreck the tank to add a decent veteran or 2. But whatever, this year is a throw away in the long run.
TigerInYourTank
Senior
And1: 198

Post#23 » by TigerInYourTank » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:39 pm

Sixerscan wrote:This isn't the marines.

No idea what this is intended to mean.
thenbaman
Sixth Man
And1: 537

Post#24 » by thenbaman » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:50 pm

losers its enough,this team will never recover,mark my words.
76ersfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 205

Post#25 » by 76ersfan » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:26 pm

oyoyer wrote:The "bad culture" of the Cavs is read bad management. With that being said, you can see the talent of Love and LeBron will carry them kicking and screaming to a bunch of wins. That team needs to flip Irving for a more pass first PG. And they need to flip Waiters for anything just to get him outta there.

As far as the Sixers are concerned, they will get better. I am strictly speaking on a selfish level. I don't want to read these headlines on April 15th:

USA Today

Philadelphia Daily News

ESPN

Sporting News

You guys can tell me all you want about ignoring outside influences, and I agree, but I still don't want to listen to it anyway. Also, it took 35 years to get rid of the worst record of all time and I don't want it back. It's enough losing already, we have the stupid Phillies. It's mind numbing and draining even when you're ignoring it.

Snowballs smh

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Long Live Sam Hinkie :D
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,070

Post#26 » by Embiid P » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:37 pm

thenbaman wrote:losers its enough,this team will never recover,mark my words.

K thanks for your constructive insight. :roll:
wickedwrister
Starter
And1: 1,535

Post#27 » by wickedwrister » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:22 am

snoopdogg88 wrote:there's no question in my mind we're getting the 4th pick

it's destiny

but we are guaranteed at least that and no worse
The feedback I've received from our fans is they understand we are trying to build something great. Good decisions come from having a broad set of options and making tough calls. We will do it unblinkingly. We have to be willing to take smart risks-Hinkie
MCDubbin
Junior
And1: 547

Post#28 » by MCDubbin » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:00 am

MRxBLACK wrote:
MCDubbin wrote:Culture is something that is underrated in the league.

Seriously losing culture develops poor habits.

I'm tired of reading this. Please provide some examples.

Cavailers

remember all those reports that came out last year
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#29 » by CoreyGallagher » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:06 am

Well last year our destiny was the fifth pick and we got third. I'm assuming that's because math is impartial so narratives don't matter.
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,399

Post#30 » by 76ciology » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:48 am

Player union and agents wants us to spend the money and spread the wealth. Big market teams wants us to not get a top pick and have one with their superstar with albatross contract. Some media people just wants to be famous being that guy to control the sixers.

Once Noel, MCW and KJ get out of the funk they're in, we'd be fine. But don't expect hinkie to be influenced by the media. This program goes on even with an empty arena. These things have been considered beforehand.

Personally, I think everything has got to do with the steep decline in MCW's game.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
James40
Veteran
And1: 1,048

Post#31 » by James40 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:00 am

76ciology wrote:Player union and agents wants us to spend the money and spread the wealth. Big market teams wants us to not get a top pick and have one with their superstar with albatross contract. Some media people just wants to be famous being that guy to control the sixers.

Once Noel, MCW and KJ get out of the funk they're in, we'd be fine. But don't expect hinkie to be influenced by the media. This program goes on even with an empty arena. These things have been considered beforehand.

Personally, I think everything has got to do with the steep decline in MCW's game.

I give him a break just like I give Noel a break, MCW is playing with guys who can't shoot a lick, plus this team is worse than last years so it's going to be a learning curve all over again for him.
The Sixers may have two core players on their team right now in MCW and Noel, that's really about it. That's the reason I hated the Dario pick, he'll come over in two years and have to learn his teammates and the NBA, I would of rather had a guy that played this year for the team just to speed up the rebuild.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#32 » by 76ciology » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:10 am

James40 wrote:
76ciology wrote:Player union and agents wants us to spend the money and spread the wealth. Big market teams wants us to not get a top pick and have one with their superstar with albatross contract. Some media people just wants to be famous being that guy to control the sixers.

I give him a break just like I give Noel a break, MCW is playing with guys who can't shoot a lick, plus this team is worse than last years so it's going to be a learning curve all over again for him.
The Sixers may have two core players on their team right now in MCW and Noel, that's really about it. That's the reason I hated the Dario pick, he'll come over in two years and have to learn his teammates and the NBA, I would of rather had a guy that played this year for the team just to speed up the rebuild.

Hmm.. I like the Dario pick because I think he has the most upside than the remaining guys plus the 2016 pick could be valuable.

I think MCW is better suited with a slow paced low post/set play oriented game. Then Wroten on the other hand, suits better with the drive and dish/free flow system.

I look at the team. Sims and Davies can give you 10ppg with their mid range/opportunistic baskets, Nerlens is slowly adjusting and I think I can see him ending with a double double, Hollis/Covington/McDaniels should be good floor spacers, Wroten is our best scorer and can give me 12-15ppg. But MCW is playing very inefficient and ineffective right now. I think that there's just a little margin for error with the little amount of talent we have on our team, so everyone needs to be clicking and doing their job in order to win.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
James40
Veteran

Post#33 » by James40 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:22 am

76ciology wrote:
James40 wrote:

Hmm.. I like the Dario pick because I think he has the most upside than the remaining guys plus the 2016 pick could be valuable.

I think MCW is better suited with a slow paced low post/set play oriented game. Then Wroten on the other hand, suits better with the drive and dish/free flow system.

I look at the team. Sims and Davies can give you 10ppg with their mid range/opportunistic baskets, Nerlens is slowly adjusting and I think I can see him ending with a double double, Hollis/Covington/McDaniels should be good floor spacers, Wroten is our best scorer and can give me 12-15ppg. But MCW is playing very inefficient and ineffective right now. I think that there's just a little margin for error with the little amount of talent we have on our team, so everyone needs to be clicking and doing their job in order to win.

You're right but when Moute is playing 29 minutes against the Knicks it's hard not to have errors, on a 8th seed team he wouldn't play more than 5 minutes in any given game.
I won't like the Dario pick until he gets here and proves he can play in the NBA.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#34 » by 76ciology » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:33 am

James40 wrote:
76ciology wrote:
James40 wrote:

You're right but when Moute is playing 29 minutes against the Knicks it's hard not to have errors, on a 8th seed team he wouldn't play more than 5 minutes in any given game.
I won't like the Dario pick until he gets here and proves he can play in the NBA.

Contrary to general sentiment, I kind of like Mbah. Defensively, he allows you to defend elite swingman with single coverage. He does the intangibles like going after loose balls and rebounding. Offensively, he makes good decision when to shoot, drive or pass. Plus, he's not that bad of a shooter. He's not spectacular but solid.

I think you can maximize Mbah with Wroten and another 3 and D guy to compliment him on offense. I also think that Mbah could be a good pick and pop guy for MCW.
James40
Veteran

Post#35 » by James40 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:58 am

His career scoring average is what 7 points a game, so of course he'll look good at times playing with the Sixers, who wouldn't? Lou Williams on this team would average at least 23 a night.

It's just frustrating to see the Bucks, Magic, and Jazz on an a upswing, and the Bulls having half the guys riding their bench that would start for the Sixers, well not these Sixers, they would rather keep losing.
James40
Veteran

Post#36 » by James40 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:04 am

oyoyer wrote:The "bad culture" of the Cavs is read bad management. With that being said, you can see the talent of Love and LeBron will carry them kicking and screaming to a bunch of wins. That team needs to flip Irving for a more pass first PG. And they need to flip Waiters for anything just to get him outta there.

USA Today

Philadelphia Daily News

ESPN

Sporting News

The Eagles haven't won a Super Bowl, ever. The Phillies reached the 10,000 loss mark a few years ago, the Sixers tied the record for consecutive losses, and still have one of the worst teams ever at 9-73. The Flyers haven't won anything in almost 40 years, so I don't think calling Philly teams "The City of Losers" is really a stretch.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#37 » by 76ciology » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:10 am

James40 wrote:His career scoring average is what 7 points a game, so of course he'll look good at times playing with the Sixers, who wouldn't? Lou Williams on this team would average at least 23 a night.

It's just frustrating to see the Bucks, Magic, and Jazz on an a upswing, and the Bulls having half the guys riding their bench that would start for the Sixers, well not these Sixers, they would rather keep losing.

They are much ahead in the rebuilding process. Just relax.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,694

Post#38 » by the_process » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:55 am

James40 wrote:

USA Today

Philadelphia Daily News

ESPN

Sporting News

The Eagles haven't won a Super Bowl, ever. The Phillies reached the 10,000 loss mark a few years ago, the Sixers tied the record for consecutive losses, and still have one of the worst teams ever at 9-73. The Flyers haven't won anything in almost 40 years, so I don't think calling Philly teams "The City of Losers" is really a stretch.

That's my point. Those fake headlines have something in common. They're not referring to to the teams but to the city itself. You'll notice even where I wrote 76ers Philadelphia was in front of it. The narrative is Philly sucks and anything that can be done to push that narrative will be done if they have an excuse. Listen, I guess it really doesn't matter, but it would be nice not to have to listen to the squawking, that's all. Would it hurt the tank if Hinkie went out and got a couple shooters? Would it hurt the tank if Brett actually started calling set plays and had a steady rotation instead of constant experimentation? No, no it wouldn't.
76ers3
Sophomore
And1: 48

Post#39 » by 76ers3 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:01 am

City of losers..? The Eagles haven't won a Super Bowl but at least they're consistently making the playoffs. The Flyers made it to the Stanley Cup Finals a few years ago, and the Phillies, even though they suck now, won a World Series in 08, and made it back in 09. The City of Losers is more like Minnesota.
deep6er
Pro Prospect
And1: 266

Post#40 » by deep6er » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:22 am

thenbaman wrote:losers its enough,this team will never recover,mark my words.

You all are crazy. This losing culture B.S. has nothing to back it. Take for example the 73 Sixers team that set the record for suckiness. They improved greatly each of the next two years, by year three they were a strong playoff team, by year 4 they were at the top of the league and would be a perennial powerhouse for the next decade. Losing a ton of games one season does not destroy everyone on that team. Durant seemed to come out of it okay.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers