Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Re: The OT Thread 

Post#261 » by Marcus » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:52 pm

Phila Tough wrote:
Marcus wrote:
76ers wrote:
I have friends on both sides. (I live in Philly). I personally am not a fan of Meek and much prefer Drake. Drake's diss was really good.

Pretty sure Meek is on tour with Nicki Minaj, so I don't think anyone really knows if he'll fire back.

The funny thing is there's a video of Meek talking about how he looked up to Wale and Drake (before they had beef i guess), yet those are both the dudes he called out now.

guess that's the part i have a problem with. Seems like he could have said something by now since he sparked this whole thing.

For some reason this board is anti off-topic discussions, I'll chime in though. I think It's good for hip hop and I am ready for Drake's reign to end. It kind of reminds me of 50 cent and Ja Rule. Meek's recent diss wasn't up to par, but I expect a lot more to be dropped on Drake. I like Drake but I don't believe him anymore. I don't think you can take claim of the best rapper (if) you don't even write your own rhymes. Best entertainer maybe. Regardless, Philly is buzzing and excited about it. Anybody who paid attention to Philly Hip Hop over the last decade has seen Meek grow from the bottom to where he is right now. It's really telling how he is going up against arguably the biggest artist in music right now.

rumor has it that Philly isn't really messing with Meek right now after that track though. Is that the case?

In terms of coming back the rumored (2nd diss track) has to be soooo much better than Wanna Know. Dude really needs to take a step back and recognize all the strategy and planning he's up against and better understand what he's doing right now. He needed a one hitter quitter after the 2 shots he got hit with. You can't match a jab with a jab after you've already been hit with the haymaker.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,856

Post#262 » by Phila Tough » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:54 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYYxqquxz6c[/youtube]
76ers
Bench Warmer
And1: 773

Post#263 » by 76ers » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:54 pm

Phila Tough wrote:
Marcus wrote:
76ers wrote:
I have friends on both sides. (I live in Philly). I personally am not a fan of Meek and much prefer Drake. Drake's diss was really good.

Pretty sure Meek is on tour with Nicki Minaj, so I don't think anyone really knows if he'll fire back.

The funny thing is there's a video of Meek talking about how he looked up to Wale and Drake (before they had beef i guess), yet those are both the dudes he called out now.

guess that's the part i have a problem with. Seems like he could have said something by now since he sparked this whole thing.

For some reason this board is anti off-topic discussions, I'll chime in though. I think It's good for hip hop and I am ready for Drake's reign to end. It kind of reminds me of 50 cent and Ja Rule. Meek's recent diss wasn't up to par, but I expect a lot more to be dropped on Drake. I like Drake but I don't believe him anymore. I don't think you can take claim of the best rapper (if) you don't even write your own rhymes. Best entertainer maybe. Regardless, Philly is buzzing and excited about it. Anybody who paid attention to Philly Hip Hop over the last decade has seen Meek grow from the bottom to where he is right now. It's really telling how he is going up against arguably the biggest artist in music right now.

Meek's diss wasn't good though. He's a laughing stock nationally, with that weak track. I respect Meek's come-up but damn gotta rep Philly better than that when he's the one who started the beef.
Phila Tough
Head Coach

Post#264 » by Phila Tough » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:57 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W3f8CneY8w[/youtube]

Another Philly artist to lookout for.
Phila Tough
Head Coach

Post#265 » by Phila Tough » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:00 pm

76ers wrote:
Phila Tough wrote:
Marcus wrote:

Meek's diss wasn't good though. He's a laughing stock nationally, with that weak track. I respect Meek's come-up but damn gotta rep Philly better than that when he's the one who started the beef.

Meek diss was light, so was Drakes though. Meek is going to snap on him eventually. We like the originators of this lol. You see how he bombed on Cass. He's a laughing stock because drake has so many core fans. Drake is a basically Disney gangsta rapper.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#266 » by Marcus » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:02 pm

Phila Tough wrote:
76ers wrote:
Phila Tough wrote:

Meek diss was light, so was Drakes though. Meek is going to snap on him eventually. We like the originators of this lol. You see how he bombed on Cass. He's a laughing stock because drake has so many core fans. Drake is a basically Disney gangsta rapper.

you thought Back 2 Back was light?
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Phila Tough
Head Coach

Post#267 » by Phila Tough » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:05 pm

Marcus wrote:
Phila Tough wrote:
Marcus wrote:

rumor has it that Philly isn't really messing with Meek right now after that track though. Is that the case?

In terms of coming back the rumored (2nd diss track) has to be soooo much better than Wanna Know. Dude really needs to take a step back and recognize all the strategy and planning he's up against and better understand what he's doing right now. He needed a one hitter quitter after the 2 shots he got hit with. You can't match a jab with a jab after you've already been hit with the haymaker.

How can Philly disown Meek? Everyone I speak with still rocking with Meek. Uptown, Germantown, Nicetown, South Philly, West Philly all rocking with philly. Maybe the burbs or on social media. But real street Philly kats that been Meek Mill, Joey Jihad, Vodka, Chic Raw watching on Youtube since Day 1 are still behind Meek. I know Meek gon snap. That was just a rushed diss.
Phila Tough
Head Coach

Post#268 » by Phila Tough » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:08 pm

Marcus wrote:
Phila Tough wrote:
76ers wrote:

I didn't even hear Back 2 Back yet. Truthfully, idc who wins, so to speak, I just hope this moves us away from this trap ''Flick of da wrist'' era and the east coast rises again.
Phila Tough
Head Coach

Post#269 » by Phila Tough » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:10 pm

I'm going to give you a biased opinion though because I am Philadelphia, PA to the core lol.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#270 » by Marcus » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:17 pm

Phila Tough wrote:I'm going to give you a biased opinion though because I am Philadelphia, PA to the core lol.

:lol:

clearly. I can respect it though. Your type was the target of my question because if the hardcore Philly heads stop f*ckin with Meek then he's done. As long as he has some following left then the career isn't over yet.
Watch More Basketball

Phila Tough
Head Coach

Post#271 » by Phila Tough » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:21 pm

Marcus wrote:
Phila Tough wrote:I'm going to give you a biased opinion though because I am Philadelphia, PA to the core lol.

:lol:

clearly. I can respect it though. Your type was the target of my question because if the hardcore Philly heads stop f*ckin with Meek then he's done. As long as he has some following left then the career isn't over yet.

One of my friends said that it will be the end of his career and that it's a classic ''Philly Ni**a" move. Which is why there is no real longevity when it comes to Philly rappers. They are too street and not business minded enough. Idk we'll see.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#272 » by Marcus » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:40 pm

Phila Tough wrote:
Marcus wrote:
Phila Tough wrote:

I didn't even hear Back 2 Back yet. Truthfully, idc who wins, so to speak, I just hope this moves us away from this trap ''Flick of da wrist'' era and the east coast rises again.

looks like they snatched down all the Back To Backs off of youtube. You still might be able to find it somewhere on the net though. Definitely need to find that if you can so you can see why the perception is the way it is.
Watch More Basketball

76ers
Bench Warmer
And1: 773

Post#273 » by 76ers » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:30 pm

I understand the bias (I'm from the burbs of Philly so I guess I don't know the "real" city's feel), but Drake's diss was far better than Meeks. You need to listen to it first I suppose, lol.
SexDrugsPnR
Bench Warmer
And1: 724

Post#274 » by SexDrugsPnR » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:29 pm

so i thought i'd share this video cause it totally made my day and i think sixers fans can use anything that'll lift their spirits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JozAmXo2bDE
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#275 » by Marcus » Sat Aug 1, 2015 5:32 am

Phila Tough wrote:
Marcus wrote:
Phila Tough wrote:

I didn't even hear Back 2 Back yet.

there you go sir
Watch More Basketball

sixerkitty
Banned User
And1: 32

Post#276 » by sixerkitty » Sat Aug 1, 2015 1:50 pm

This is definitely off topic but, it still is very sad to see. The very GREAT Personality of Pro wrestling, Rowdy Roddy Piper has died. :( So very sad. I had the chance to meet him many years ago during his height in the WWF, and he was as nice and respectful of a person I had ever met. Really the opposite of his Wrestling persona. Goodbye Roddy, your Legend will live on for me.

http://tvline.com/2015/07/31/rowdy-roddy-piper-dead-at-61/
Phila Tough
Head Coach

Post#277 » by Phila Tough » Sat Aug 1, 2015 8:31 pm

Marcus wrote:
Phila Tough wrote:
Marcus wrote:

I didn't even hear Back 2 Back yet.

there you go sir

Not impressed. Meek is going to BBQ him.
Phila Tough
Head Coach

Post#278 » by Phila Tough » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:42 pm

I stand corrected lol.
Phila Tough
Head Coach

Post#279 » by Phila Tough » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:43 pm

No Eagles or Pope love. You disappoint me Philly.
voodooguru
Bench Warmer
And1: 311

Post#280 » by voodooguru » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:01 pm

I was born in North Philly but I came to Australia for work in 1984. Other than regularish trips back, once I had dual-citizenship I never looked back.

Australian Rules Football is the basketball of soccer, rugby and "gridiron"/football games. The range of body types is the same as b-ball, there's no offsides like basketball and compared to soccer, rugby and football, it's very fast and very high scoring, like b-ball.

Over the last few years the Australian Football League (AFL) has begun to hold tryouts in the US, aimed at finding ex-college big men who might be able to play the big man role in Aussie Rules. Like this guy :

Image Image

That guy is Nic Natanui, he's of Pacific islander heritage but he grew up here in Oz. When I first came here there was a dreadlock brother who was born in the USA playing, but his family moved here when he was 5.

On Saturday night a former Mississipi State big named Jason Holmes will make his debut. He's the first born-and-raised in the USA player to play a top level game so he's getting a lot of press. The part about April Fool's Day is kinda funny :

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-20/starspangled-saint-jason-holmes-to-debut-this-week

OT - "Rules" is the most physically demanding team sport on earth and as a result, a lot of the sports science that Coach BB is using in Philly had it's origin in Aussie Rules. He coached the Aussie national b-ball team a while back, somebody should ask him what he thinks about Rules.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers