ImageImageImage

Disgruntled Superstar Watch

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Re: Disgruntled Superstar Watch 

Post#141 » by agiaco » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:17 pm

tk76 wrote:Given I have little faith in the Colngelo's... I want them to go get Cousins because at least we will be entertained.

Okafor + LAL pick + #26 for Cousins

Draft Ingram and sign a PG.

PG
Nik
Covington
Saric (30 MPG)
Boogie

Bench:
Embiid (25 MPG)
Noel (30 mpg) -you might need to trade way Noel for a PG or SG (someone like Middleton?) to make this work
Grant
?

Assumptions:
Boogie can give you some PF minutes next to Embiid
Saric and Grant can give you some SF minutes
Covington can give you some SG minutes

Again, I'm sort of bailing on winning and just want to be entertained. And the Kings pick swap and pick would look even better going forward.

Let's get Wall too and have a Kentucky redux. By the way, why is Roco starting if we draft Ingram?
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#142 » by Unbreakable99 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:39 am

I don't understand why people think we can trade Cleveland Okakor for Kyrie. That's not happening. LeBron can't play with Okakor. Okakor doesn't defend or play good enough D. The only thing LeBron would want if Kyrie asked to get traded is either Embiid or Simmons or Ingram if we get a top 2 pick. And since LeBron wants to win now he probably doesn't want to wait on Simmons or Ingram. He needs established players outside of Embiid.
Dell
Junior
And1: 80

Post#143 » by Dell » Thu May 5, 2016 7:18 pm

Looking at the guys who could potentially be available this off-season, how would you guys rate these players from most likely to be available to least likely to be available?

DeMarcus Cousins
Jimmy Butler
Derrick Rose
Carmelo Anthony
Marc Gasol
Zach Randolph
Kyrie Irving
Kevin Love
Paul George
John Wall
Blake Griffin
Brook Lopez
Ricky Rubio
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#144 » by ankle420breaker » Thu May 5, 2016 8:41 pm

Dell wrote:Looking at the guys who could potentially be available this off-season, how would you guys rate these players from most likely to be available to least likely to be available?

DeMarcus Cousins
Jimmy Butler
Derrick Rose
Carmelo Anthony
Marc Gasol
Zach Randolph
Kyrie Irving
Kevin Love
Paul George
John Wall
Blake Griffin
Brook Lopez
Ricky Rubio

In terms of most likely to be available I'd rank them as follows:

Derrick Rose
Carmelo Anthony
Zach Randolph
Ricky Rubio
Brook Lopez
Blake Griffin
Kevin Love
Marc Gasol
John Wall
Paul George
DeMarcus Cousins
Kyrie Irving
Jimmy Butler
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#145 » by freshie2 » Fri May 6, 2016 11:35 am

Based on the list, I'm really only interested in Wall, George, Love, and possibly Butler (concerned about his health)...and I can't imagine any of them will be available other than possibly Love.
76ers
Bench Warmer
And1: 773

Post#146 » by 76ers » Fri May 6, 2016 9:31 pm

I would love to find a way to get George on this team. He is probably one of the least likely to be traded on that list though.
c3neely
Freshman
And1: 22

Post#147 » by c3neely » Sat May 7, 2016 1:53 am

ankle420breaker wrote:
Dell wrote:Looking at the guys who could potentially be available this off-season, how would you guys rate these players from most likely to be available to least likely to be available?

DeMarcus Cousins
Jimmy Butler
Derrick Rose
Carmelo Anthony
Marc Gasol
Zach Randolph
Kyrie Irving
Kevin Love
Paul George
John Wall
Blake Griffin
Brook Lopez
Ricky Rubio

In terms of most likely to be available I'd rank them as follows:

Derrick Rose
Carmelo Anthony
Zach Randolph
Ricky Rubio
Brook Lopez
Blake Griffin
Kevin Love
Marc Gasol
John Wall
Paul George
DeMarcus Cousins
Kyrie Irving
Jimmy Butler

worth chasing:

Paul George
Kyrie
John Wall
Jimmy Butler
Blake

realistic of signing any of them: 0
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,409

Post#148 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sat May 7, 2016 3:24 am

I don't see that happening quite yet. I think it could be vastly different by next year though. If Washington continues to struggle, if Sacramento can't figure things out, yeah...I could see a Wall or DMC become available. Who knows, guys have enough and demand a trade sometimes. Wall I could definitely see doing it if Washington misses out on upgrading this summer, yeah.

Right now, most realistic player I can think of is Jimmy Butler. Chicago is a team headed towards a rebuild. Rose will be gone after next season (maybe before), Noah is as good as gone, Gasol is 35, Dunleavy is 35, they are going to rebuild. Right now they have Portis, Mirotic, and McDermott as their young core. Jimmy Butler would bring them a nice return from a younger team looking to hit on a star player. Minnesota, Phoenix, Boston, Us.....all have the ammo to get Jimmy Butler. I can definitely see Chicago packing in it and going rebuild by next season.
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,818

Post#149 » by Phila Tough » Sat May 7, 2016 11:21 am

Not a star (yet :P ) but I'd like to see Evan Turner back here. He'd be a nice sixth man and seems like a great locker room guy.
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#150 » by freshie2 » Sat May 7, 2016 11:52 am

I'd be ok with turner in that type of role. A bust as the number 2 pick, but he's a better PG option than what they have now.
James40
Veteran
And1: 1,048

Post#151 » by James40 » Sat May 7, 2016 2:35 pm

I didn't realize Butler was 26 thought he was younger, but what exactly happened in Chicago for them to want to get rid of him? Seems crazy to get rid of their only good player.
Phila Tough
Head Coach

Post#152 » by Phila Tough » Sat May 7, 2016 4:31 pm

James40 wrote:I didn't realize Butler was 26 thought he was younger, but what exactly happened in Chicago for them to want to get rid of him? Seems crazy to get rid of their only good player.

Probably just testing the market
BNelley24
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#153 » by BNelley24 » Sat May 7, 2016 6:30 pm

Lots of talk on the radio last few days here in Philly about potentially trading our pick for Paul George. I'm in the no camp. Paul is a great player, but I do not consider him in the superstar realm. Is that stupid? Maybe. I'd rather take a shot at Simmons/Ingram being that star. This is a tough one.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#154 » by Ericb5 » Sat May 7, 2016 6:37 pm

BNelley24 wrote:Lots of talk on the radio last few days here in Philly about potentially trading our pick for Paul George. I'm in the no camp. Paul is a great player, but I do not consider him in the superstar realm. Is that stupid? Maybe. I'd rather take a shot at Simmons/Ingram being that star. This is a tough one.

I would trade Okafor and the Lakers pick for him, but I don't think that I would trade the 2nd pick for him, and would definitely not trade the 1st pick for him.

I love Paul George though. I think he IS a superstar, or at least a borderline superstar.
snoopdogg88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,111

Post#155 » by snoopdogg88 » Sat May 7, 2016 7:59 pm

Paul George is a great great player.

but he doesn't have "it" he isn't a total superstar who can lead a team to a title ala LeBron or Curry or Shaq or Kobe.

he will need lots of help to win one.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#156 » by Ericb5 » Sat May 7, 2016 8:13 pm

snoopdogg88 wrote:Paul George is a great great player.

but he doesn't have "it" he isn't a total superstar who can lead a team to a title ala LeBron or Curry or Shaq or Kobe.

Agreed.

He isn't a franchise player, but he is good enough to make 8-10 all star games in his career.

He had a better year this year than I think most of us would have thought possible.
Agnostifarian
Veteran
And1: 705

Post#157 » by Agnostifarian » Sat May 7, 2016 8:39 pm

PG is a top 10 player, IMO. Great contract for three years of his prime.
“This may be one of the best jobs in basketball right now,” Colangelo said at a press conference introducing him as the new GM of the 76ers after Sam Hinkie resigned.
Phila Tough
Head Coach

Post#158 » by Phila Tough » Sat May 7, 2016 9:16 pm

Noel & Lakers pick is all id be willing to part with for PG. We don't have the best luck with players returning from injuries. Okafor is untouchable for me
Unbreakable99
General Manager

Post#159 » by Unbreakable99 » Sat May 7, 2016 11:04 pm

Phila Tough wrote:Noel & Lakers pick is all id be willing to part with for PG. We don't have the best luck with players returning from injuries. Okafor is untouchable for me

He's not returning from an injury. He played an entire season with no issue. Come on.
Unbreakable99
General Manager

Post#160 » by Unbreakable99 » Sat May 7, 2016 11:06 pm

snoopdogg88 wrote:Paul George is a great great player.

And Embiid and Saric and maybe Okafor are that help. I can't believe people wouldn't want George. You're not going to get much better than him.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers