ImageImageImage

'15 March Madness / NBA Draft Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

SparksFly87
Assistant Coach
And1: 395

Re: '15 March Madness / NBA Draft Thread 

Post#801 » by SparksFly87 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:51 pm

Next years draft we get a star wing Simmons, Brown or Ingram have great potential . My favorite is Simmons who is 3pt shot away ( Saric on steroids) and Ingram who has Kevin Durant dimensions. Lakers pick and 76ers pick will get us our allstar caliber wing. We need to address the point guard and shooting guard in this draft.

I definitely rank Russell higher as a fit for this team because I think it's hard to find a legit shooting guard in the NBA who can shot the 3 , score and pass elite. A threat on and off the ball would be damaging for opposing defenses. I think point guard defensive upside is over rated over Offense look at Lilliard, Curry and Steve Nash among others they had tremendous team success with of playing lock down or even solid defense.

I would be fine for the time being with Ish Smith, Wroten , Canaan and Pierre Jackson at Point guard.

Elite point guards like Irving, Westbrook , Wall, Paul , D Rose and many others that Mudiay is compared to none of them have Championships. However system role players like Chalmers, Billips , Parker , fisher , Kenny Anderson , Avery Johnson , Jason Kidd all have won without being top 5 -10 elite skilled and physically gifted point guards have won consistently .

In the NBA elite shooting guards , wings and big man win championships consistently not elite point guards.
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#802 » by Unbreakable99 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:59 pm

Good read on Mudiay.
@UpsideMotor: Emmanuel Mudiay Scouting Report: April 2015 http://t.co/jtWTvkGsW9
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach

Post#803 » by SparksFly87 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:00 pm

Gimme Russell this year. And Ben Simmons next year. Ben Simmons is going to be a super star Smallfoward. Better than Jabari Parker and Wiggins.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#804 » by LloydFree » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:27 pm

SparksFly87 wrote:Gimme Russell this year. And Ben Simmons next year. Ben Simmons is going to be a super star Smallfoward. Better than Jabari Parker and Wiggins.

I'm all for Russell this year. I don't think the 76ers will be bad enough for Simmons next year. Either Simmons or Skal (the Kentucky center) will be the #1 pick.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach

Post#805 » by SparksFly87 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:37 pm

LloydFree wrote:
SparksFly87 wrote:Gimme Russell this year. And Ben Simmons next year. Ben Simmons is going to be a super star Smallfoward. Better than Jabari Parker and Wiggins.

I'm all for Russell this year. I don't think the 76ers will be bad enough for Simmons next year. Either Simmons or Skal (the Kentucky center) will be the #1 pick.

We have to package the lakers and 76ers maybe Saric and maybe future 1st but we have to get Simmons . He is the real deal. Brett brown knows hm well. He has the moxie of a superstar just like a rusell. Both lefties both are some of the best passers that college basketball has and will ever see from freshman . Simmons scoring potential is ridiculous to go alon with his all around game I really see TMAC.

This lineup is unstoppable .

Russell
Shooter
Simmons
Noel
Embiid
yitur
Sixth Man
And1: 859

Post#806 » by yitur » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:55 pm

SparksFly87 wrote:
LloydFree wrote:

We have to package the lakers and 76ers maybe Saric and maybe future 1st but we have to get Simmons . He is the real deal. Brett brown knows hm well. He has the moxie of a superstar just like a rusell. Both lefties both are some of the best passers that college basketball has and will ever see from freshman . Simmons scoring potential is ridiculous to go alon with his all around game I really see TMAC.

Russell
Shooter
Simmons
Noel
Embiid

That would be a great lineup indeed, but you have to either endure another hardcore tanking year or just to get so lucky in the lottery. I don't think you guys would make the playoffs next year(though it's the east anything can happen look at Bucks), I also don't think you guys would suck so much with Noel and Embiid patrolling the paint.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#807 » by LloydFree » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:56 pm

SparksFly87 wrote:
LloydFree wrote:

Russell
Shooter
Simmons
Noel
Embiid

Ahhh, much too early to tell either way. Simmons looks like he is the best right now, but other guys will get some weight training under their belts and make it a discussion. A guy I like is Brandon Ingram. He may fill out some, and become competition for Simmons at the top of the draft.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#808 » by Unbreakable99 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:50 pm

SparksFly87 wrote:
LloydFree wrote:

Russell
Shooter
Simmons
Noel
Embiid

And that's why I won't happen. Nobody would ever trade a future great player for non superstars. You can offer 8 good players. It's not happening. Would you do it? No you wouldn't. You wouldn't trade the chance to draft Simmons for future firsts and Saric and company. Simmons will be a top 5 player. You don't trade him. Nobody would trade a LeBron or Durant type player.
vdalfmd
Sophomore
And1: 73

Post#809 » by vdalfmd » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:01 pm

I'd prefer this core lineup. If we run for Simmons (right now, the clear #1 favorite with Skal) next year, it'll be another hard tanking seasons, which I hope it won't because it would mean bad things (Embiid's health, regression from our post-January improvements, etc). I expect and I hope we'll be a 30W team next year. At least.

Russell (next year he play the 2 next to Ish, just to feel comfortable during his first year)
?
Ingram (Lakers' pick? Our pick? Miami + OKC trade up? who knows)
Noel
Embiid
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#810 » by Marcus » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:59 pm

best case scenario (healthy everybody) you guys still think you'd be in the running for a top 3?
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#811 » by LloydFree » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:44 pm

Marcus wrote:best case scenario (healthy everybody) you guys still think you'd be in the running for a top 3?

No. They won't be a bottom 3 team with everyone healthy. They wouldn't have been bottom 3 this year either, if MCW didn't miss the 1st 15 games of the season and Robert Covington would have been signed before the 0-17 start. If they come back with the same team (minus J-Rich, plus Embiid and Russell) they're mid-late lottery.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#812 » by Marcus » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:47 pm

LloydFree wrote:
Marcus wrote:best case scenario (healthy everybody) you guys still think you'd be in the running for a top 3?

No. They won't be a bottom 3 team with everyone healthy. They wouldn't have been bottom 3 this year either, if MCW didn't miss the 1st 15 games of the season and Robert Covington would have been signed before the 0-17 start. If they come back with the same team (minus J-Rich, plus Embiid and Russell) they're mid-late lottery.

im asking because I see these Ben Simmons convos and im thinking barring injury you guys should be better than that.
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach

Post#813 » by SparksFly87 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:49 pm

Marcus wrote:
LloydFree wrote:

im asking because I see these Ben Simmons convos and im thinking barring injury you guys should be better than that.

So essentially this is the last year to get a impact player for the rebuild through draft?

I would parlay everybody in this draft for Ben Simmons.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#814 » by Marcus » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:01 pm

SparksFly87 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
LloydFree wrote:No. They won't be a bottom 3 team with everyone healthy. They wouldn't have been bottom 3 this year either, if MCW didn't miss the 1st 15 games of the season and Robert Covington would have been signed before the 0-17 start. If they come back with the same team (minus J-Rich, plus Embiid and Russell) they're mid-late lottery.

So essentially this is the last year to get a impact player for the rebuild through draft?

in terms of legitimally being bad enough to get one on your own? I'd say yeah. If Hinkie can Hinkie it up and take some scrub teams top 5er from them that's different.

I think the 6ers have enough talent (if/when healthy) to at the very least not be in the top 5 convo. if we're talking adding key role players in the upcoming drafts or catching a sleeping giant of a steal that's different. But looking to having a legit shot at Simmons or Brown or Skal IMO should be off the radar if you guys keep a healthy roster this upcoming season.

Even with the growing pains of so many young kids those kids still play hard for coach Brown from what i've seen. I don't know everybody you guys are bringing back but the key pieces (Embiid, Noel, Saric if he comes over and whomever you draft this year) should provide enough talent to combine with the effort needed to win enough games to not cellar out in the East next year.

this is just from an outsider's opinion on how the landscape of the team looks. i've been trying to figure out which teams (best case scenario) would be in the running for that top 3 next year and I didn't think you guys fit that bill.
Watch More Basketball

SparksFly87
Assistant Coach

Post#815 » by SparksFly87 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:15 pm

I don't consider Saric a good enough prospect to pencil him in as a core piece. We still need a elite wing . Also think Mudiay is a bad fit here building around Joel and Noel . We traded MCW and I see Mudiay as a young higher upside version of MCW . We need a legitimate 3pt threat who can make excellent decisions with the basketball . All the strengths of D'angelo Russell . Russell could develop into a superman Chauncey Billups for us .

I think a combo of acquiring assets in this years draft , lakers future lottery, Saric , miami pick, OKC pick and our future 1sts we should be able to grab what we want in 2016. Ending the rebuild.

Simmons is that guy lock top 3. I would even trade Noel for him.

Russell
---------
Simmons
Noel
Embiid
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#816 » by Marcus » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:17 pm

SparksFly87 wrote:I would parlay everybody in this draft for Ben Simmons.

that's the other thing. Unless you guys plan on moving Saric or making him the 6th man ala Ginobli I don't see how Simmons fits. I know that sounds strange considering EVERYTHING that kid can do. Ben CAN realistically legit help any team in the league. I'm just talking in terms of a featured role.

This is gonna sound strange but hear me out. To me, in terms of the pieces you have in place and are expected to have a legit shot at adding (D-Lo, Mudiay) Saric is a better fit because the skillsets in terms of what they bring to the table are pretty close. Not saying Saric is better than Ben. I'm saying Saric is MAYBE a better fit. He can handle, pass, shoot a little, defend a little, (all on a smaller scale than Ben outside of shooting) and because Embiid and maybe one of the guards this year will be the centerpieces going forward you guys don't really need the moving parts around those 2 to be uber dynamic. Its like why break the bank to put Nos on my car when I can't drive it outside of a residental area anyway.

While there's never anything wrong with having a more talented guy at a position I wouldn't go tanking to add an element to your team that might already be present especially if that element won't be used to full capacity because its not the focal point it should or otherwise would be.

Now if Ben fell into your laps by some sort of Hinkierization then fine. But i wouldn't tank to target him unless you're going all in on shooters with plans to have Ben run the show from the wing and be "the guy" next to Embiid you run mostly everything through.

Like i said before you guys are/should be better than that next year barring injuries. I don't see the point of tanking without necessity to TRY and add another stud when you may have something in place already.
Watch More Basketball

Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#817 » by Marcus » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:25 pm

SparksFly87 wrote:I don't consider Saric a good enough prospect to pencil him in as a core piece. We still need a elite wing . Also think Mudiay is a bad fit here building around Joel and Noel . We need a legitimate 3pt threat who can make excellent decisions with the basketball . All the strengths of D'angelo Russell .

In that case if you don't see Saric as a good prospect then by all means shoot for the stars.

I agree that D-Lo is a better fit on your team with the post work you guys should be looking to do going forward though.

I still expect you guys to be much improved though and not be bad enough to require tanking actions. Maybe get a shot at Brandon Ingram on the wing if he can stay under the radar enough (which i seriously doubt). On your own though you guys shouldn't be that bad.
Watch More Basketball

SparksFly87
Assistant Coach

Post#818 » by SparksFly87 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:25 pm

Marcus wrote:
SparksFly87 wrote:I would parlay everybody in this draft for Ben Simmons.

that's the other thing. Unless you guys plan on moving Saric or making him the 6th man ala Ginobli I don't see how Simmons fits. I know that sounds strange considering EVERYTHING that kid can do. Ben CAN realistically legit help any team in the league. I'm just talking in terms of a featured role.

This is gonna sound strange but hear me out. To me, in terms of the pieces you have in place and are expected to have a legit shot at adding (D-Lo, Mudiay) Saric is a better fit because the skillsets in terms of what they bring to the table are pretty close. Not saying Saric is better than Ben. I'm saying Saric is MAYBE a better fit. He can handle, pass, shoot a little, defend a little, (all on a smaller scale than Ben outside of shooting) and because Embiid and maybe one of the guards this year will be the centerpieces going forward you guys don't really need the moving parts around those 2 to be uber dynamic. Its like why break the bank to put Nos on my car when I can't drive it outside of a residental area anyway.

While there's never anything wrong with having a more talented guy at a position I wouldn't go tanking to add an element to your team that might already be present especially if that element won't be used to full capacity because its not the focal point it should or otherwise would be.

Now if Ben fell into your laps by some sort of Hinkierization then fine. But i wouldn't tank to target him unless you're going all in on shooters with plans to have Ben run the show from the wing and be "the guy" next to Embiid you run mostly everything through.

Like i said before you guys are/should be better than that next year barring injuries. I don't see the point of tanking without necessity to TRY and add another stud when you may have something in place already.

Simmons is no doubt a smallforward in the NBA . He measures out smallforward length and has Smallfoward handle and quickness.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#819 » by Marcus » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:28 pm

SparksFly87 wrote:Simmons is that guy lock top 3. I would even trade Noel for him.

how many Sixers fans agree with that?
Watch More Basketball

SparksFly87
Assistant Coach

Post#820 » by SparksFly87 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:28 pm

Marcus wrote:
SparksFly87 wrote:I don't consider Saric a good enough prospect to pencil him in as a core piece. We still need a elite wing . Also think Mudiay is a bad fit here building around Joel and Noel . We need a legitimate 3pt threat who can make excellent decisions with the basketball . All the strengths of D'angelo Russell .

In that case if you don't see Saric as a good prospect then by all means shoot for the stars.

I agree that D-Lo is a better fit on your team with the post work you guys should be looking to do going forward though.

I still expect you guys to be much improved though and not be bad enough to require tanking actions. Maybe get a shot at Brandon Ingram on the wing if he can stay under the radar enough (which i seriously doubt). On your own though you guys shouldn't be that bad.

We still don't know if Noel and Embiid fit well with each other. Also the other teams in the east will improve as well. Like Boston! Knicks, pacers , bobcats ...

Return to Philadelphia 76ers