ImageImageImage

Ideal Lottery Result

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

mksp
Analyst
And1: 2,485

Re: Ideal Lottery Result 

Post#21 » by mksp » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:56 pm

I did the lottery sim on tankathon.com this morning and the FIRST spin ended up:

1. OKC
2. Minn
3. Sac
4. NYK
5. PHILA
6. LAL -> PHILA
7. ORL
8. Den
9. Det
10. Cha
11. Mia -> PHILA

I was like, damn that works. Also makes OKC unreal next year, but I'm happy walking out of this draft with Hezonja and Winslow.

Would post the screenshot if I knew how.
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#22 » by PhilasFinest » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:46 pm

mksp wrote:I did the lottery sim on tankathon.com this morning and the FIRST spin ended up:

1. OKC
2. Minn
3. Sac
4. NYK
5. PHILA
6. LAL
7. ORL
8. Den
9. Det
10. Cha
11. Mia

I was like, damn that works. Also makes OKC unreal next year, but I'm happy walking out of this draft with Hezonja and Winslow.

this would absolutely blow for us
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
mksp
Analyst
And1: 2,485

Post#23 » by mksp » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:16 pm

PhilasFinest wrote:
mksp wrote:I did the lottery sim on tankathon.com this morning and the FIRST spin ended up:

1. OKC
2. Minn
3. Sac
4. NYK
5. PHILA
6. LAL
7. ORL
8. Den
9. Det
10. Cha
11. Mia

this would absolutely blow for us

You don't want 3 picks in the top-11? I don't think I was clear enough - LAL would convey to us and so would MIA.

I think Russell-Muiday-Hezonja-Winslow are pretty close to the same level. Being able to walk away with two of them would be amazing.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Ideal Lottery Result 

Post#24 » by Ericb5 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:06 pm

IamKreela wrote:The draft lottery will take place late May and currently it looks like the only 1st round pick that the Sixers will have is their own. The Lakers, Heat, and OKC picks looks like they will remain with their respective teams. I'm sure the Sixers fans are disappointed that the Sixers do not have extra 1st round picks but I think if the following happens after the draft lottery then the Sixers have a chance to exploit some teams.

Lottery Results:
1. Sixers
2. Timberwolves
3. Lakers
4. Knicks
5. Orlando

If the above scenario happens exactly as it is laid out then the Sixers can leverage the #1 Overall pick to get additional picks. Granted you normally don't want to trade the #1 pick unless you feel you can get the player you want at a later pick. But in this scenario if the Sixers feel that Joel Embiid and Nerlens Noel are the key pieces at the Center and Power Forward position then they can trade down to the #3 spot and let the Lakers take their big man in Karl-Anthony Towns or Jahlil Oakfer. The Lakers will have to give up their 2015 #3 pick overall, 2015 #28 Pick overall, and they would have to remove the Top 3 protection from the Lakers 1st round pick that the Sixers own in 2016. This trade with the Lakers is the only trade down scenario I want the Sixers to make.

Now at the #3 spot the Sixers are free to get one of the following players in PG Emmanuel Mudiay, PG D'Angelo Russell, or SG Justise Winslow at that spot. Which one of these guys do the Sixers analytics say is the best choice? No idea. But I would lean towards Justice Winslow right now because of his scoring ability and athletic prowess. The Sixers have the defense down pat but they need to develop some offensive weapons to take that step to the champion caliber team. They need that player that is threat that will make the other teams have to worry about. Is that Winslow? I hope so.

They can then use the #28 pick and their numerous 2nd picks to try to move up in the draft to get their PG of the future. Or stay where they are and grab the BPA.

This to me is the best case scenario for getting the player the Sixers want and getting the unprotected 2016 Lakers draft pick.

The lakers would have to trade a lot more than that to move up to 1. Basically your deal would be the 28th pick in this draft plus basically nothing. I would want them to unprotect that 2016 pick of course, but they would have to give much more, and they don't have anything else other than Randle.

I would consider it if they included Randle, but even that probably wouldn't be worth trading Towns.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Ideal Lottery Result 

Post#25 » by Ericb5 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:10 pm

If we get the number 1 pick, I'm taking Towns and trying to make it work with him, Noel, and Joel.

Consider trades down the road if need be.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
snoopdogg88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,111

Post#26 » by snoopdogg88 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:11 pm

I might be naive in this, but I still don't think having Embiid, Noel AND Okafor/Towns would be that bad.

There are a lot of minutes to go around and I think it would work itself out. Maybe the Sixers could be cutting edge in that regard. 3 top flight big men is a good problem to have. And I have to think Embiid is going to play limited minutes/be Injured again
AAKing23
Junior
And1: 171

Post#27 » by AAKing23 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:15 am

Sixers at number 3

Sixers at number 6

Sixers at number 11

I want us at 3 so we don't have the chance to select Towns or Okafor
109876ersFan
Junior
And1: 31

Post#28 » by 109876ersFan » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:48 pm

Hinkie hasn't shown reluctance to trade down in the draft(Elfrid Payton). Given Towns being the best prospect in the draft and all if we didn't keep him im sure Hinkie could easily get some great assets/players in return for him. No reason whatsoever to not want the 1st pick in my opinion.
HollisThompsonIsGoat

Return to Philadelphia 76ers