ImageImageImage

Will Philly sign Free agents?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Sixercise
Sixth Man
And1: 470

Re: Will Philly sign Free agents? 

Post#401 » by Sixercise » Wed Jul 1, 2015 8:01 pm

the only guy left i'm even interested in is reggie jackson....question is, will he truly be a difference maker or only look out for himself?
rilamann wrote:Leave Simmons alone, your back would be sore too if you didn't have a spine.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,059

Post#402 » by sixers hoops » Wed Jul 1, 2015 8:03 pm

NYSixersFan wrote:How about Jameer Nelson and Wayne Ellington? two Philly guys on short term deals

I would take Jameer. I don't mind developing Wroten, Cov, Grant, Hollis, etc, but our only "true" point guard is Ish. So we are even really developing anyone there. Might as well bring in a vet to run an organized offense.

I would rather not start Ish or Wroten at point.
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#403 » by agiaco » Wed Jul 1, 2015 8:04 pm

Would you guys like Eric Bledsoe if we traded for him? So Suns make room for Aldridge?
JRSG
Sophomore
And1: 39

Post#404 » by JRSG » Wed Jul 1, 2015 8:07 pm

I like Covingtons novelty but lets not be silly. Tobias Harris is far superior to him.

Kind of silly for us to not sign anyone to a long term deal before the cap rises. Ignoring any bargains we can pick up in the weird market this free agency.
MRxBLACK
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,872

Post#405 » by MRxBLACK » Wed Jul 1, 2015 8:07 pm

agiaco wrote:Would you guys like Eric Bledsoe if we traded for him? So Suns make room for Aldridge?

Yes, I would be interested.
ESPN Sucks
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#406 » by CoreyGallagher » Wed Jul 1, 2015 8:08 pm

agiaco wrote:Would you guys like Eric Bledsoe if we traded for him? So Suns make room for Aldridge?

I would imagine that they'd just do a sign and trade, that is if the Blazers wanted Bledsoe I guess.
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
BoomBap
Bench Warmer
And1: 401

Post#407 » by BoomBap » Wed Jul 1, 2015 8:08 pm

jiggy08 wrote:the only guy left i'm even interested in is reggie jackson....question is, will he truly be a difference maker or only look out for himself?

why do you hate this team so much? reggie jackson is the worst.

haven't read anything about cory joseph. Sam, your chance. sign him...nooow
phillthy13
Sophomore
And1: 57

Post#408 » by phillthy13 » Wed Jul 1, 2015 8:12 pm

SexDrugsPnR wrote:
phillthy13 wrote:
NYSixersFan wrote: Yes, I want players...helping the younger players is a secondary issue.....if you don't show a commitment to winning, you will not get players to come here....and if you continue to stink; why would Noel, Embiid, etc..stay here?....they will be free agents in a few years

Completely agree. I know it's hard to lure top FA in right now, but there needs to be some activity to fill in our missing pieces - whether it's temporary or not. We need to start going after what we can at this point...If Bledsoe is available, let's go hard after him...reggie jackson, gerald green, tobias harris - they might not choose us but let's start to show our guys some activity & that we're ready to start making moves.

I do not understand this thought process AT ALL.
why would we go after just about anyone out there, regardless if they are high profile free agents or just average roster fillers all while completely disregarding whether their skill sets fit with our main guys? yeah, it will silence some impatient fans out there, but we would not be moving anywhere close to contending while drastically reducing our cap flexibility. which we should be using to actually bring in guys who have a chance to be on the roster of a contender.

I don't think we have to worry about reducing our cap flexibility. Even so, what makes you think those guys we actually want to bring in will choose us? We apparently had a meeting with JB, but the bulls squashed that possibility by giving him $$ he wanted. These FA aren't going to leave unless they believe in what we're selling & we can't even try to sell it to them if they view us as the laughing stock of the league. We have to start showing activity or making moves before we have a crap ton of cap space and nothing to do besides take on bad contracts (which I'm sure a rule will be put in to change). But I'm more concerned with our guys not wanting to resign if our activity level stays low.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,194

Will Philly sign Free agents? 

Post#409 » by ProcessDoctor » Wed Jul 1, 2015 8:26 pm

Wouldn't mind Eric Bledsoe, but I'm not sure if I'd like to pay what he'd cost to acquire. Are we talking 2 first round picks or a 1st + player type deal? I'd do a Wroten + MIA pick and consider MIA pick + OKC pick. Wouldn't risk more for a player with average shooting ability and a long list of injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#410 » by Sixerscan » Wed Jul 1, 2015 8:29 pm

CoreyGallagher wrote:

I would imagine that they'd just do a sign and trade, that is if the Blazers wanted Bledsoe I guess.

Not really seeing the Suns' incentive to do a sign and trade. May as well auction Bledsoe off to the highest bidder and sign Aldridge outright.
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach
And1: 395

Post#411 » by SparksFly87 » Wed Jul 1, 2015 8:59 pm

sixers238 wrote:Wouldn't mind Eric Bledsoe, but I'm not sure if I'd like to pay what he'd cost to acquire. Are we talking 2 first round picks or a 1st + player type deal? I'd do a Wroten + MIA pick and consider MIA pick + OKC pick. Wouldn't risk more for a player with average shooting ability and a long list of injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Their are better options out there check out my diamond in the rough thread.
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#412 » by CoreyGallagher » Wed Jul 1, 2015 9:17 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
CoreyGallagher wrote:

Not really seeing the Suns' incentive to do a sign and trade. May as well auction Bledsoe off to the highest bidder and sign Aldridge outright.

Something I had read on twitter that had stuck in my head.

EDIT:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/616331593775493120[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/616334838170148864[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/616335386822873088[/tweet]
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#413 » by LongLiveHinkie » Wed Jul 1, 2015 9:20 pm

Anyone think the Blazers could part with McCollum. Would you guys trade Noel for McCollum and draft picks?

I think he's going to be really good.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,106

Post#414 » by Kobblehead » Wed Jul 1, 2015 9:25 pm

Hell no. Noel is a premium value asset.

I do like McCollum, though. It's a shame his developmental trajectory keeps getting thrown off due to injuries. He'll be a solid guard in this league, but probably not more than that.
Agnostifarian
Veteran
And1: 705

Post#415 » by Agnostifarian » Wed Jul 1, 2015 9:29 pm

CLE will be paying $38 MM/yr for Love & Thompson...

Love $22
Thompson $16
Kyrie $15
LBJ $22
Mozgov $5
AV $10
Haywood $10

$100 MM and counting...
“This may be one of the best jobs in basketball right now,” Colangelo said at a press conference introducing him as the new GM of the 76ers after Sam Hinkie resigned.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,106

Post#416 » by Kobblehead » Wed Jul 1, 2015 9:43 pm

jiggy08 wrote:the only guy left i'm even interested in is reggie jackson....question is, will he truly be a difference maker or only look out for himself?

That's the multi-million dollar question. His Detroit run was INSANE. His scoring, his passing. He was ON.
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#417 » by freshie2 » Wed Jul 1, 2015 9:53 pm

Maybe they'll name a candy bar after him...worth an offer...market is set with Knight's deal.
Sixercise
Sixth Man
And1: 470

Post#418 » by Sixercise » Wed Jul 1, 2015 10:25 pm

BoomBap wrote:

why do you hate this team so much? reggie jackson is the worst.

haven't read anything about cory joseph. Sam, your chance. sign him...nooow

how does me having an interest in reggie jackson equate to hating the sixers? :crazy:

i just simply stated that he is really my only major interest in acquiring someone in the FA
rilamann wrote:Leave Simmons alone, your back would be sore too if you didn't have a spine.
mksp
Analyst
And1: 2,485

Post#419 » by mksp » Wed Jul 1, 2015 10:32 pm

I'm honestly happy Sam is sitting this round of FA out. Only guy that's interesting at his price is Middleton. I know cap is going up, but some of these contracts are still crazy.
Whealy86
Ballboy
And1: 16

Post#420 » by Whealy86 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 12:14 am

The last thing the Sixers need to do is scramble to pick up a player who will keep us afloat , who will be overpaid, and worse put us in the same position we were in when we gave iggy and Brand those big contracts. Hinkie's playing it smart, The Sixers aren't ready to compete and were not the most attractive destination right now and the only way to be attractive is winning and having cornerstone players on your roster.
This next year is the most important year for Hinkie by far and it's in the hands of Noel and Okafor(hopefully Embiid as well but who knows). Those guys will be coached right and by a guy who I believe is the man for the future in Brown , that being said its year 3 and we have to start seeing some sort of improvement or at least a roster that can stay together and grow. If okafor and Noel play like there capable of the Sixers would have arguably have the best front court in the East and that's not far fetched to say and if Embiid plays then we could actually sneak into the playoffs with an 8 seed. I'm known to be optimistic at times but I have a certain feel for this organazation that I haven't had since the Iverson days. Its because I finally believe we have that guy in Okafor to lead us for the next ten years and Noel looking mighty promising as well and a future all star. I'm not even mad about Embiid at this point , if he plays its a monster plus for this Organazation and if he doesn't I believe with the assets we have in next years draft and money to spend all of a sudden Philly is looking like a place to play but again only if Okafor and Noel's play puts us back on the map.

All in all looking back at what could have been (Noel,wiggins, Russell), (Noel,wiggins,Okafor), I could go all day and i could almost guarantee Hinkie didn't think we'd have the three big men when he first started , things happen and he has to adjust and I believe he has accordingly because he's drafting the best player available instead of settling for need ,that's why he's playing it safe in free agency. Add a couple veteran guards, keep the team together and let them grow, then cash in this time next year and start playing Basketball.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers