ImageImageImage

2016 NBA Draft/College Basketball Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Dell
Junior
And1: 80

Re: 2016 NBA Draft/College Basketball Thread 

Post#181 » by Dell » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:27 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:Blah. Don't like Newman or Briscoe.

I feel the same way. If things broke like that mock suggests, I think I would go like this.

#2 - Toss up between Simmons and Ingram for me. I'm on the Ingram train and I think he overtakes Simmons by the end of the year. I love them both, I just love Ingram a little more. He's a stone-cold killer of a scorer, exactly the kind of guy this team needs.

#5 - Another toss up for me, but this time between Dragan Bender and Jamal Murray. I talked about Ingram as a big-time scorer above, well the same applies to Murray. His short arms will ding him a little come draft time (like Simmons), but he's a guy who can capably run a team and score with that absolutely pure jump shot.

#23 - I'm not a big fan of Briscoe or Hield, so I'm going with Demetrius Jackson. With Grant gone, I think Jackson blows up to the tune of something along the lines of 18 ppg / 4.5 rpg / 6.0 apg / 44% from three. This allows you to either bring him off the bench or slide Murray to the 2 for spurts and play them together.

#26 - I'm gambling here someone from the group of Egemen Guven, Petr Cornelie, Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk, Aleksandar Vezenkov or Jonah Bolden.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,527

Post#182 » by 76ciology » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:00 am

MRxBLACK wrote:
76ciology wrote:Aren't you guys worried about Simmons' length? Well for me his 6'11 wingspan and 8'7" standing reach is short for me. He's got good shoulder height, athleticism and good skillset/IQ though..

Somewhat, worried about his shooting as well. Fellow top '16 prospect Jaylen Brown can't shoot either.

Jaylen is also pretty short for me. I think Jaylen's stock will boost if Stanley Johnson surprises everyone next year.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#183 » by 76ciology » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:18 am

Dell wrote:

I feel the same way. If things broke like that mock suggests, I think I would go like this.

#2 - Toss up between Simmons and Ingram for me. I'm on the Ingram train and I think he overtakes Simmons by the end of the year. I love them both, I just love Ingram a little more. He's a stone-cold killer of a scorer, exactly the kind of guy this team needs.

#5 - Another toss up for me, but this time between Dragan Bender and Jamal Murray. I talked about Ingram as a big-time scorer above, well the same applies to Murray. His short arms will ding him a little come draft time (like Simmons), but he's a guy who can capably run a team and score with that absolutely pure jump shot.

#2: Simmons vs Ingram for me would be similar to the Russell vs Mudiay rationale. I think Simmons will be really productive next year in LSU, like Russell. And like Russell, Simmons is a unique player that may look good or bad depending on the way the team is build around him. I think Ingram, like Mudiay, is the higher upside player who's value is more of upside than production next year. And like Mudiay vs Russell, I'd take Ingram between the two because I value upside with a top 3 pick.

The problem lies if we end up with a top 3 pick and is asked to choose between Simmons and Jaylen. Which could go either way IMO. My ultra hinkie guess is that he'll go Simmons with this pick.

#5: I don't really give much value in length for PGs so Murray. PG position is more of a skillset game and from what I've seen I think Murray will be a pretty good PG and would take him over Bender with the 5th pick. Bender's pretty much like every euro pick where stock will slowly turn into it's fair value as we near draft day. I like Murray between the two. I see Murray as a bigger and better shooter version of TP. He's game isn't flashy but he's really efficient.

Murray-Ingram-some 3 and D guy project of ours-Noel-Jahlil.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach
And1: 395

Post#184 » by SparksFly87 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:39 am

Ingram and Murray is the way to go.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#185 » by 51X3RF4N » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:46 pm

Dell wrote:

#23 - I'm not a big fan of Briscoe or Hield, so I'm going with Demetrius Jackson. With Grant gone, I think Jackson blows up to the tune of something along the lines of 18 ppg / 4.5 rpg / 6.0 apg / 44% from three. This allows you to either bring him off the bench or slide Murray to the 2 for spurts and play them together.

#26 - I'm gambling here someone from the group of Egemen Guven, Petr Cornelie, Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk, Aleksandar Vezenkov or Jonah Bolden.

Just to be clear, I am not the person who said the quoted above. That was someone else's response to my post. 8-)
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
Dell
Junior
And1: 80

Post#186 » by Dell » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:05 pm

76ciology wrote:Bender's pretty much like every euro pick where stock will slowly turn into it's fair value as we near draft day. I like Murray between the two.

I agree with this completely, it's just that I believe when we get to the draft Bender will be in the conversation for the #1 overall pick, he's that good. I host a little weekend sports radio show and we had one of the guys from eurohopes.com on and he was absolutely raving about him, while pretty restrained about everyone else.

Now having said that, how Porzingis plays will have an effect on Bender's stock. They definitely aren't the same player, but people will compare them because they're both 7-0+ and can shoot/handle. Bender's the better prospect though. Also, like Skal, we just can't pick him already having Noel, Joel, Jah and Dario on the roster.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#187 » by No-Man » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:11 pm

TrustTheProcess wrote:
51X3RF4N wrote:http://www.aseaofblue.com/2015/7/28/9040471/2016-nba-mock-draft-1-0

WOW. Man, if the Sixers walked out of the 2016 draft with Simmons, Newman, and Briscoe, with a shooter in Hield....

That would be an epic epic draft. Simmons/Okafor are the pieces you build around. Briscoe is a true PG, Newman a complementary scorer, and a deep bench of talent too.

I would reach to make sure we get Briscoe.. he seems like the type of guy that would make the game way easier for Nerlens and Jahlil, especially if we have shooters on the wing... to get him as our 3rd pick would be ridiculously awesome

Briscoe wont declare for 2016 and when he gets drafted, 2017 or 18, he will be a 2nd rounder.
my prediction.
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach

Post#188 » by SparksFly87 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:37 pm

We flat need a stud wing scorer. We also need a deadly scoring lead guard who is a serious deep threat and has penetrating abilities.
LeonJordanJr24
Sixth Man
And1: 550

Post#189 » by LeonJordanJr24 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:35 pm

Jaylen Brown will be the number 1 wing in this upcoming draft. The highiest upside since Wiggins . Just as athletic and even more skilled minus the hype. He reminds of James Harden with Mj Jordan athleticism. The perfect 2 guard prospect. Ben Simmon is erry similar to Aaron Gordon. Brandon Igram will have to show a whole lot to be even half as good as durant comparisons. jaylen brown is a sure thing who has the skill and tools to be a elite wing in nba. hinkie must get him.
MRxBLACK
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,872

Post#190 » by MRxBLACK » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:25 pm

Jaylen Brown has to learn how to shoot.
ESPN Sucks
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach

Post#191 » by SparksFly87 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:28 am

MRxBLACK wrote:Jaylen Brown has to learn how to shoot.

Well they all do. However his shooting looks pretty solid already . He is a special athlete , a natural scorer and tools to be a great defender . He can spot up , shot off dribble and finish in traffic at a high level. I think he will be a great two way prospect. Shifty and looks very good with the ball in his hands and can create like a 6 foot 7 E udiay. All star potential .
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#192 » by iMoreland » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:37 pm

Simmons and Murray would be amazing to get together
76ciology
RealGM

Post#193 » by 76ciology » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:47 am

I'm good with Murray. I think he'd almost be that perfect PG for us. He's not a ball dominant player, he seems like a team first PG, got the bball IQ, size and the skillset to be a really good PG to compliment our system and our big man.

Simmons is a guy I'm not comfortable with. For now, he seems to be one of those guys who looks great on HS or college basketball but just looks ordinary on the NBA level. Maybe his 6'10 shoulder height, unique skillset and athleticism can compensate for his poor standing reach and lack of shooting. WHo knows?
LeonJordanJr24
Sixth Man

Post#194 » by LeonJordanJr24 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:43 am

jaylen brown is everything u want in a athletic scoring wing. If we somehow get brown and ingram we are set for 12 years.
ImChillin01
Banned User
And1: 424

Post#195 » by ImChillin01 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:22 am

LeonJordanJr24 wrote:jaylen brown is everything u want in a athletic scoring wing. If we somehow get brown and ingram we are set for 12 years.

I can see that happening if 76ers land top 2 pick (Ingram) and top 5 with Lakers pick (Brown)
LeonJordanJr24
Sixth Man

Post#196 » by LeonJordanJr24 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:23 pm

The way the sixers are the team is building from inside - out we may actually have a unique situation in which Ben Simmons could possible be a lead guard for us at 6'10 with his quickness, handles and vision. Hinkie often talks about building something special . 6'10 point guards and traditional low post big man are very unconventional. Imagine a Magic Johnson reincarnation with elite athleticism. :nod: imagine Simmons paired with ingram or jaylen brown on the wings plus a shooter!!!!!!!
ET Da Gawd
Sixth Man
And1: 367

Post#197 » by ET Da Gawd » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:35 pm

Malik Newman/Brandon Ingram is exactly what we need...Malik as our shooter, Ingram as our KD type wing player
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEYPz2G_iKY[/youtube]
LeonJordanJr24
Sixth Man

Post#198 » by LeonJordanJr24 » Wed Sep 2, 2015 3:37 pm

Ben Simmons maybe able to play Point guard in the nba with his skill set , athleticism and quickness. Hinkie mentions building something special. Well a 6'9 point is a special as it gets.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#199 » by 76ciology » Fri Sep 4, 2015 4:10 am

LeonJordanJr24 wrote:Ben Simmons maybe able to play Point guard in the nba with his skill set , athleticism and quickness. Hinkie mentions building something special. Well a 6'9 point is a special as it gets.

Should also allows you to switch on PnRs where Noel guards the perimeter guy while Simmons can match-up with the PF.

Problem with Simmons at PG is that will he be good enough to be able to go where ever he wants, unlike MCW or Russell. And his shooting is also a suspect.
LeonJordanJr24
Sixth Man

Post#200 » by LeonJordanJr24 » Fri Sep 4, 2015 4:19 pm

I think Simmons could be a ideal point guard for our team especially with his size and skill ser. The way our team is build inside out its important to have a pg who can deliver crisp entry passes to our post players more so than a slashing point who can get whereever he wants. Simmons will tear teams a new ass in transition ala Magic did in the 80's . We have very mobile big men who would reap the benefit in transition too. I like the idea of building a oversized athletic team in which can counter the new wave of small ball and gun slinging shooting guards playing point guard.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers