ImageImageImage

Sam Hinkie Approval Poll - June 2015

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Do you approve of the job Sam Hinkie is doing?

Yes
78%
No
11%
Undecided
11%

Total votes: 132

Cru Thik
Lead Assistant
And1: 188

Re: Sam Hinkie Approval Poll - June 2015 

Post#41 » by Cru Thik » Thu Jul 2, 2015 3:56 pm

Xepa777 wrote:Where's Cru Think to eat his crow? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW??? BECAUSE HINKIE IS THE TRUE LORD OF LIGHT

Eating crow for what? This is why everyone hates our team/fans on this site. You make a calculated risk that you hope pays off in the long run like last night. Yet our fan base is running around like we just finished off a 3 peat. :crazy:
2 Time RealGM 76ers Fantasy Basketball Champ
Chamberlainship
Sixth Man
And1: 213

Post#42 » by Chamberlainship » Thu Jul 2, 2015 8:51 pm

Cru Thik wrote:
Xepa777 wrote:Where's Cru Think to eat his crow? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW??? BECAUSE HINKIE IS THE TRUE LORD OF LIGHT

Eating crow for what? This is why everyone hates our team/fans on this site. You make a calculated risk that you hope pays off in the long run like last night. Yet our fan base is running around like we just finished off a 3 peat. :crazy:

Don't rain on the parade. It's the only parade we've got. I wonder if in 20 years Hinkie will be making appearances at a place like the Neshaminy Mall signing autographs. With Chip and Hinkie, this is definitely the era of the celebrity staffer in Philadelphia sports.
Cru Thik
Lead Assistant
And1: 188

Post#43 » by Cru Thik » Thu Jul 2, 2015 11:49 pm

Chamberlainship wrote:

Don't rain on the parade. It's the only parade we've got. I wonder if in 20 years Hinkie will be making appearances at a place like the Neshaminy Mall signing autographs. With Chip and Hinkie, this is definitely the era of the celebrity staffer in Philadelphia sports.

Wasn't trying to rain on the parade. I know we all have been suffering especially with the 76ers and Phillies play of late. I'm not saying Hinkie is RAJ or anything like that. Just a majority of this board acts like Hinkie walks on water. Then alienates the rest of the site by acting a fool on the gb or other teams forums. I haven't seen a board this bad since the last few seasons of Paterno on scout. Hopefully we get lucky and get some great draft choices out of it. I have a lot of faith in BB working with Stauskas and turning him around. After reading some of the reports on Cousins it's no wonder he had such a hard time. He should flourish with our team and the opportunity he has going forward.
2 Time RealGM 76ers Fantasy Basketball Champ
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,718

Post#44 » by 76thBearCub » Fri Jul 3, 2015 12:16 am

Cru Thik wrote:
Chamberlainship wrote:

Wasn't trying to rain on the parade. I know we all have been suffering especially with the 76ers and Phillies play of late. I'm not saying Hinkie is RAJ or anything like that. Just a majority of this board acts like Hinkie walks on water. Then alienates the rest of the site by acting a fool on the gb or other teams forums. I haven't seen a board this bad since the last few seasons of Paterno on scout. Hopefully we get lucky and get some great draft choices out of it. I have a lot of faith in BB working with Stauskas and turning him around. After reading some of the reports on Cousins it's no wonder he had such a hard time. He should flourish with our team and the opportunity he has going forward.

The reason we have people acting obnoxious on other boards is because there has been an explosion of new 6ers fans joining the sight in the last couple years or so. I have no statistical info for that, but it sure as hell seems like it to me. With more numbers comes more % of crazies. Iv read these boards for quite some time and Iv posted for several years now and I never remember there being anywhere close to this many people posting on here.
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,859

Post#45 » by Phila Tough » Fri Jul 3, 2015 12:22 am

lamp23 wrote:
Cru Thik wrote:
Chamberlainship wrote:

The reason we have people acting obnoxious on other boards is because there has been an explosion of new 6ers fans joining the sight in the last couple years or so. I have no statistical info for that, but it sure as hell seems like it to me. With more numbers comes more % of crazies. Iv read these boards for quite some time and Iv posted for several years now and I never remember there being anywhere close to this many people posting on here.

Indeed. Throughout my time lurking and all my banned user names lol, this is the most active the board has been ever.
Chamberlainship
Sixth Man

Post#46 » by Chamberlainship » Fri Jul 3, 2015 1:12 am

Cru Thik wrote:
Chamberlainship wrote:

I should've put that in green font. I 100% agree with your original post.
Chamberlainship
Sixth Man

Post#47 » by Chamberlainship » Fri Jul 3, 2015 1:18 am

lamp23 wrote:
Cru Thik wrote:
Chamberlainship wrote:

I think the forum's heyday was during the run up to the Iverson trade.

Nowadays, the forum is kind of a haven for Hinkie fans. I'm not sure a poll of the users of this forum demonstrates any general fanbase approval of Hinkie. In face to face conversations with people in the Philadelphia area, I hear "the sixers are a freakin joke" pretty often.
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,718

Post#48 » by 76thBearCub » Fri Jul 3, 2015 1:24 am

Chamberlainship wrote:
lamp23 wrote:
Cru Thik wrote:

Nowadays, the forum is kind of a haven for Hinkie fans. I'm not sure a poll of the users of this forum demonstrates any general fanbase approval of Hinkie. In face to face conversations with people in the Philadelphia area, I hear "the sixers are a freakin joke" pretty often.

Well those people are surely less informed then someone who would take the time to post on a forum about the the team, but if you let them influence you, that speaks more toward you.
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,859

Post#49 » by Phila Tough » Fri Jul 3, 2015 1:24 am

Chamberlainship wrote:
lamp23 wrote:
Cru Thik wrote:

Ask them to name the players on the team. I bet you'll hear Iverson a lot from the same people.
Chamberlainship
Sixth Man

Post#50 » by Chamberlainship » Fri Jul 3, 2015 2:49 am

Can Larry Coon name all the sixer players over the last two years?
BoomBap
Bench Warmer
And1: 401

Post#51 » by BoomBap » Fri Jul 3, 2015 5:54 am

Chamberlainship wrote:Can Larry Coon name all the sixer players over the last two years?

Can you name all the players? I think even Sam and Brett couldn't name all the players :lol:
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#52 » by worthlessBucks » Fri Jul 3, 2015 10:20 am

Congrats Philly fans on having a shrewd individual that stays true to the mission statement. Envious from afar, must be a blast to follow. I would take excitement with these transactions every time over year after year of treadmill teams.
Go Bucks!
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,480

Post#53 » by GoSixersBro » Fri Jul 3, 2015 4:15 pm

Cru Thik wrote:I voted HexGod >>>>>>>> Hinkie. Really Hinkie hasn't done **** after 3 drafts and 3 free agencies. We are the joke of the NBA and got the #3 pick twice. What good has it done? What he has built can't work together. You failed in attracting a top free agent when you had the advantage. The new tv deal takes that away. Maybe he finally gets a little lucky with his four 1st rounders next year. But I wouldn't hold my breath. As for HexGod he has built up a young exciting defensive core headlined by this years pick Provorov. He got tons of love for snatching up Konecny. Since then he is dumping Homers bad contracts. He has a clear cut vision that you can see. While still having elite talent like G, Jake and Simmonds in the fold. Young talent like Couturier and Schenn that hopefully takes that next step under Hakstol. Hexy is a godsend for the Flyers. Hinkie better get his **** figured out quick. This boards hink-aid drinkers are a very small minority in the big picture.

I feel like we've been waiting for Cooter and Schenn to take that next step for years.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,480

Post#54 » by GoSixersBro » Fri Jul 3, 2015 4:21 pm

Chamberlainship wrote:
lamp23 wrote:
Cru Thik wrote:

Casual Sixers fans' opinions wouldn't demonstrate any fanbase disapproval of Hinkie. While I agree the Hinkie worship does get carried away, over half the morons calling into the radio to lash Hinkie have no legitimate gripe with the guy. All they can muster up is that they're tired of waiting. Well me too guys, I was tired of waiting for a formidable, contending team since 2002, when the majority of these whiners probably weren't watching this team.

I'm sure the Hinkie following has gained bandwagoners, but I believe most of his supporters are fans that have followed this team over the past decade and are desperate for change.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
jbent87
Veteran
And1: 1,202

Post#55 » by jbent87 » Mon Jul 6, 2015 4:27 pm

GoSixersBro wrote:
Chamberlainship wrote:
lamp23 wrote:

Casual Sixers fans' opinions wouldn't demonstrate any fanbase disapproval of Hinkie. While I agree the Hinkie worship does get carried away, over half the morons calling into the radio to lash Hinkie have no legitimate gripe with the guy. All they can muster up is that they're tired of waiting. Well me too guys, I was tired of waiting for a formidable, contending team since 2002, when the majority of these whiners probably weren't watching this team.

I'm sure the Hinkie following has gained bandwagoners, but I believe most of his supporters are fans that have followed this team over the past decade and are desperate for change.

guilty. Thus the excitement for trades such as this. It is different and progressive. This specific trade satisfies both the #thisstartsnow and #trusttheprocess fans way of thinking too which is why there's such a loud reaction to it. Also, you can only take the negadelphian attitude so much which is what you're greeted with when this team comes up in conversation in the Philadelphia area (and to a nerdier point, these boards). So when Hinkie seems to win a small battle, there's reason for optimism and cause for slight gloating. Because it justifies the fans patience throughout this rebuilding project.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#56 » by Ericb5 » Mon Jul 6, 2015 6:20 pm

jbent87 wrote:
GoSixersBro wrote:
Chamberlainship wrote:

guilty. Thus the excitement for trades such as this. It is different and progressive. This specific trade satisfies both the #thisstartsnow and #trusttheprocess fans way of thinking too which is why there's such a loud reaction to it. Also, you can only take the negadelphian attitude so much which is what you're greeted with when this team comes up in conversation in the Philadelphia area (and to a nerdier point, these boards). So when Hinkie seems to win a small battle, there's reason for optimism and cause for slight gloating. Because it justifies the fans patience throughout this rebuilding project.

I love what Hinkie is doing since he is following a path that I have wanted the Sixers to take for well over 10 years. Someone finally came in and is taking the long view, and trying to actually change the trajectory of the franchise. What had been happening for the longest time was just careerists coming in and trying to make the team better than last year. There was no vision whatsoever other than trying to compete every night.

That is how you should run a kids team where you want to impart wisdom to kids and ensure that they are having fun each year, but it isn't how you should run an nba franchise.

We finally have an ownership group that isn't looking at year to year results, but is actually trying to say that we want to go from a doormat to a contender in 5 years, and we are going to follow this path and give it time. No panicking, and no shortcuts allowed.

Pick a guy with a vision(Hinkie), and give him the resources and support to carry it out. Then get out of his way.
James40
Veteran
And1: 1,048

Post#57 » by James40 » Mon Jul 6, 2015 6:35 pm

Chamberlainship wrote:
lamp23 wrote:
Cru Thik wrote:

The Sixers get 13,000 fans a night so maybe 100 post here? You have the old curmudgeons like Eskin, the much younger Hinkie lovers like his son, and middle of the road nit wits like myself who don't know what to think until an eastern conference banner is getting hung up.
hinkieknows
Ballboy
And1: 33

Post#58 » by hinkieknows » Mon Jul 6, 2015 7:02 pm

I'm all for Hinkie and we're lucky enough to have owners to back him up. There's a lot of other fans/haters on other teams that wished their team followed the same path. This will be year 3 for Hinkie of the 5 year plan. Most owners would never do this and be straight up to their fan base. The roster is shaping up to be something special imo. I don't think Hinkie has made a bad move yet, sure some will question him(Jrue/MCW trades), but he always gets great value. I think we can all agree he's a much better GM than Billy King and DiLeo that was a hard time for a Sixers fan. The future is very bright! It starts this season with Okafor, Embiid, year 2 for Noel, and development of Stauskas and Covington.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#59 » by Arsenal » Mon Jul 6, 2015 7:33 pm

hinkieknows wrote:I'm all for Hinkie and we're lucky enough to have owners to back him up. There's a lot of other fans/haters on other teams that wished their team followed the same path. This will be year 3 for Hinkie of the 5 year plan. Most owners would never do this and be straight up to their fan base. The roster is shaping up to be something special imo. I don't think Hinkie has made a bad move yet, sure some will question him(Jrue/MCW trades), but he always gets great value. I think we can all agree he's a much better GM than Billy King and DiLeo that was a hard time for a Sixers fan. The future is very bright! It starts this season with Okafor, Embiid, year 2 for Noel, and development of Stauskas and Covington.

Hey man, welcome to the board. Have an And-1 for the tremendous username and avatar.
Moses2
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#60 » by Moses2 » Mon Jul 6, 2015 7:55 pm

Cru Thik wrote:I voted HexGod >>>>>>>> Hinkie. Really Hinkie hasn't done **** after 3 drafts and 3 free agencies. We are the joke of the NBA and got the #3 pick twice. What good has it done? What he has built can't work together. You failed in attracting a top free agent when you had the advantage. The new tv deal takes that away. Maybe he finally gets a little lucky with his four 1st rounders next year. But I wouldn't hold my breath. As for HexGod he has built up a young exciting defensive core headlined by this years pick Provorov. He got tons of love for snatching up Konecny. Since then he is dumping Homers bad contracts. He has a clear cut vision that you can see. While still having elite talent like G, Jake and Simmonds in the fold. Young talent like Couturier and Schenn that hopefully takes that next step under Hakstol. Hexy is a godsend for the Flyers. Hinkie better get his **** figured out quick. This boards hink-aid drinkers are a very small minority in the big picture.

Sixers and Sabres fan. Hextall is a JOKE. Laughing stock? Those are the Flyers. Maybe someone who deals Hartnell for Umberger? Flyers picked up cap space when they dealt for Gagner. The defensive core of the Flyers is like the Sixers' guards, pre-Stauskas. The Flyers aren't the joke of the NHL, the Leafs are. But the Leafs dealt Kessel. The Flyers still have Lecavalier. Hinkie would have gotten lottery picks for both.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers