Around the league 2015-2016

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,808

Re: Around the league 2015-2016 

Post#701 » by Stanford » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:55 pm

Mik317 wrote:Franchise moving to Ottawa.

Get it done, Sam!
KramerDSP
Sixth Man
And1: 906

Post#702 » by KramerDSP » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:22 am

GoSixersBro wrote:
KramerDSP wrote:Funny how everyone is so worried about a losing locker room culture for Philly while on the other side of the country, the Lakers are openly tanking and getting into the news for all sorts of stuff. And nary a word is spoken about the Lakers' culture.

The media would rather cover Kobe's farewell tour than to shine light on the fact the Lakers are just as "bad" as the Sixers are when it comes to strategically assembling a team to lose.

As for Russell, does anyone have a source saying he claims his Snapchat was "hacked"? Because if he did claim that, it makes zero sense. That's not how Snapchat works at all.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2016/03/rift-develops-between-dangelo-russell-teammates.html

11:58am: Russell didn’t mean for the video to become public, according to Alex Kennedy of Basketball Insiders (Twitter link) and Bleacher Report’s Kevin Ding (video link). Russell posted the video to Snapchat and quickly deleted it, thinking no one would ever see it, according to Ding, but sources tell Kennedy that Russell’s Snapchat account was hacked.
"I don’t wanna be Jordan, I don’t wanna be Magic, I don’t wanna be Bird or Isiah. I don’t wanna be any of those guys. When my career’s over, I''m gonna look in the mirror and say I did it my way.”- Allen Iverson
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#703 » by Ericb5 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:37 am

KramerDSP wrote:
GoSixersBro wrote:
KramerDSP wrote:Funny how everyone is so worried about a losing locker room culture for Philly while on the other side of the country, the Lakers are openly tanking and getting into the news for all sorts of stuff. And nary a word is spoken about the Lakers' culture.

The media would rather cover Kobe's farewell tour than to shine light on the fact the Lakers are just as "bad" as the Sixers are when it comes to strategically assembling a team to lose.

As for Russell, does anyone have a source saying he claims his Snapchat was "hacked"? Because if he did claim that, it makes zero sense. That's not how Snapchat works at all.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2016/03/rift-develops-between-dangelo-russell-teammates.html

11:58am: Russell didn’t mean for the video to become public, according to Alex Kennedy of Basketball Insiders (Twitter link) and Bleacher Report’s Kevin Ding (video link). Russell posted the video to Snapchat and quickly deleted it, thinking no one would ever see it, according to Ding, but sources tell Kennedy that Russell’s Snapchat account was hacked.

I don't really know how snapchat works, but is it like Facebook? He filmed a video and then literally had to post it to a website?

Or, is it an app that you take the video with and using the app is being called "posting it to snapchat"?

If he literally took a video and then went the next full step of posting it to a web service then he really can't claim that it was an accident. I mean maybe he didn't intend for it to become public, but if he volitionally posted it to a website then that seems to be a pretty strong indication that he intended to share it, at least with SOME people.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#704 » by LongLiveHinkie » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:05 am

Hearing the Lakers might be more interested in an Okafor/Russell swap than the Sixers are...
Ericb5
RealGM

Post#705 » by Ericb5 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:42 am

Westbrook36 wrote:Hearing the Lakers might be more interested in an Okafor/Russell swap than the Sixers are...

I wouldn't trade Okafor for him, and for the longest time I wouldn't have traded Noel either, but I am probably willing to make that deal today, but the Lakers wouldn't accept that.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,416

Post#706 » by 76ciology » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:34 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/christonner10/status/715392860137238530[/tweet]
Westbrook36 wrote:Hearing the Lakers might be more interested in an Okafor/Russell swap than the Sixers are...
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
kriss73
Analyst
And1: 1,811

Post#707 » by kriss73 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:34 am

http://brobible.com/sports/article/report-nicki-minaj-azalea-dangelo-russell-nick-young/

Well guys, If this story is true (I doubt, but who knows), i'm going to laughing until 2030 :D
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,745

Post#708 » by Negrodamus » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:47 pm

Wilfried wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
Nerlens No Ls wrote:This Bulls collapse is beautiful.

Almost too beautiful, they'll probably win the lottery.

Makes a blow up of the team more likely. This offseason should be interesting.

Yes, but Butler won't be available. They will built around him.
All the rest is not interesting for us.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25537131/report-bulls-could-look-to-trade-jimmy-butler-this-offseason

Looks pretty available to me.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,742

Post#709 » by Sixersftw » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:12 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
Wilfried wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
Makes a blow up of the team more likely. This offseason should be interesting.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25537131/report-bulls-could-look-to-trade-jimmy-butler-this-offseason

He's the guy we've been waiting for. Throw the boat at 'em Hinkie.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,183

Post#710 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:55 pm

Sixersftw wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
Wilfried wrote:

His 3FG% is a bit lower than I would like, but the guy's an all-star. Maybe he's a target. However, as the article states, why trade Butler if he's healthy? To keep DRose happy? Does not make sense, and if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Batum/Oubre/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,742

Post#711 » by Sixersftw » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:21 pm

sixers238 wrote:
Sixersftw wrote:

His 3FG% is a bit lower than I would like, but the guy's an all-star. Maybe he's a target. However, as the article states, why trade Butler if he's healthy? To keep DRose happy? Does not make sense, and if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Hoiberg and Jimmy have been clashing also fwiw. The 3fg% was pretty hot last year so i have faith that he can keep it respectable. I do worry that the long twos are "anti-process" and he wouldn't be Sam's guy but he is fairly efficient overall and goes to the line at a good rate.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,745

Post#712 » by Negrodamus » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:03 pm

Sixersftw wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
Wilfried wrote:

Trade for him, get Ingram and Murray/Dunn, profit.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,416

Post#713 » by 76ciology » Sat Apr 2, 2016 6:01 pm

Celtics had only 1 block against the Warriors while also outscoring the Warriors in the paint. Sully and the Celtics perimeter defenders did a very good job against the Warriors' perimeter scorers.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ers
Bench Warmer
And1: 773

Post#714 » by 76ers » Sat Apr 2, 2016 7:16 pm

The Celtics really are a superstar away from being a contender in the East. Obviously that's a huge piece to fulfill but they have a pretty good core of complimentary players (plus those BKN picks/swaps for the next 3 years).
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#715 » by freshie2 » Sat Apr 2, 2016 7:28 pm

The Celtics are in a similar spot to the sixers before they blew it up...the move to get the star is critical.
Ericb5
RealGM

Post#716 » by Ericb5 » Sat Apr 2, 2016 10:10 pm

freshie2 wrote:The Celtics are in a similar spot to the sixers before they blew it up...the move to get the star is critical.

Similar spot to us before we blew it up? Say what? They have picks up the wazoo, and we didn't.

They also have a smart GM, and we didn't at that time. They are going to get a top 5 pick this year, and could have more in the coming years.

They are in great shape to build a contender, and we were nowhere. That being said, I prefer our current situation to theirs.

XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,792

Post#717 » by XtremeDunkz » Sat Apr 2, 2016 10:25 pm

Ericb5 wrote:
freshie2 wrote:The Celtics are in a similar spot to the sixers before they blew it up...the move to get the star is critical.

Similar spot to us before we blew it up? Say what? They have picks up the wazoo, and we didn't.

They also have a smart GM, and we didn't at that time. They are going to get a top 5 pick this year, and could have more in the coming years.

They are in great shape to build a contender, and we were nowhere. That being said, I prefer our current situation to theirs.

This is very naive. The Celtics are going to have home court in the first round of the playoffs and get a top 5 pick in the draft. They are in a much better position than us at this time.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
Ericb5
RealGM

Post#718 » by Ericb5 » Sat Apr 2, 2016 10:38 pm

XtremeDunkz wrote:
Ericb5 wrote:

This is very naive. The Celtics are going to have home court in the first round of the playoffs and get a top 5 pick in the draft. They are in a much better position than us at this time.

You would trade all of our players and picks for all of theirs? That's what I mean, by saying that I prefer our position.

If they get Simmons and we get the 3rd or 4th pick then it would change.

XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,792

Post#719 » by XtremeDunkz » Sat Apr 2, 2016 10:45 pm

Ericb5 wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:
Ericb5 wrote:

You would trade all of our players and picks for all of theirs? That's what I mean, by saying that I prefer our position.

If this was the stock market the Celtics would be worth 50 times what the 76ers are worth. Could that change if we hit the lottery, Embiid is a beast, Saric comes over and plays solid etc? Sure. But the Celtics WILL be a top team in the East for the next 5+ years. That is a fact. We could be a top team, or we could go on a long playoff drought if things don't go our way.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
Ericb5
RealGM

Post#720 » by Ericb5 » Sat Apr 2, 2016 10:50 pm

XtremeDunkz wrote:
Ericb5 wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:

If this was the stock market the Celtics would be worth 50 times what the 76ers are worth. Could that change if we hit the lottery, Embiid is a beast, Saric comes over and plays solid etc? Sure. But the Celtics WILL be a top team in the East for the next 5+ years. That is a fact. We could be a top team, or we could go on a long playoff drought if things don't go our way.

Ok, but would you trade all of our players and picks for all of theirs?

Using your stock value analogy I agree that they have proven that they can make a profit, and we haven't, and that means something. However, we are the biotech company with better patents that haven't brought anything to market yet. The goal isn't merely profitability. It is world domination.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers