ImageImageImage

If TODAY You're Offered to Trade Embiid for one of Exum, Gordon, Smart, or Randle Would You Do it?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Would you trade Embiid for one of Exum Gordon Smart or Randle?

Yes
36%
No
64%

Total votes: 173

51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Re: If TODAY You're Offered to Trade Embiid for one of Exum, Gordon, Smart, or Randle Would You Do it? 

Post#101 » by 51X3RF4N » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:45 pm

I would not trade Embiid for Gordon, Smart, Exum, or Randle.

However, I would probably trade Embiid for Russell, Mudiay, or maybe even Hezonja... but not straight up I don't think.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
bebopdeluxe
RealGM
And1: 3,859

Re: If TODAY You're Offered to Trade Embiid for one of Exum, Gordon, Smart, or Randle Would You Do it? 

Post#102 » by bebopdeluxe » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:32 pm

No f'n way...unless you think there is only like a 5-10% chance that he will play effectively in the NBA. If this bone graft works (and it HAS worked with other NBA players), his value - either to us or other teams - is way higher than any of those guys, in my view. Obviously, each of those guys has potential...but their respective upsides, if they get there, are still lower than Embiid's upside.

Hinkie is all about "optionality". A healthy Embiid in 2016-17 is a massively valuable asset, and it is an option where (for me) the risk/reward still skews towards holding for one more year.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

If TODAY You're Offered to Trade Embiid for one of Exum, Gordon, Smart, or Ra... 

Post#103 » by Ericb5 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:38 pm

It's amazing how weak many of you are that you would give up on him so quickly.

Obviously he has a perilous road ahead, but even a 25% chance of him getting healthy is more superstar potential than any of the players that people are talking about trading him for in this thread.

He has as good a shot as anyone who was ever in this situation medically, and many people who have been here HAVE had productive healthy careers afterward.

Nobody knows what is going to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
NBA715
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#104 » by NBA715 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:13 am

You have a potential superstar in Okafor. Embiids value is only decreasing especially as Okafors increases. It makes no sense to keep him. For a franchise that needs direction other than We hope to be good in 10 years, it's time to start turning these great assets Hinkie talks about into real players.

No one is giving up a Klay Thompson for him but you may be able to get a Rudy Gay type player (due to big contract) or someone that can start to help repair what is becoming a bad image for the team around the league. The problem is not being bad to get assets.

it is trying to resign the draft picks once their rookie deals are up and it will be next to impossible without some show of willingness by the FO to put a respectable product on the floor. That's doesn't mean just try to get to 500. You can add pieces to get legitimacy to the plan without sacrificing the future.

Embiid is a great way to help that so deal him while you can!
ProcessDoctor
General Manager
And1: 5,154

If TODAY You're Offered to Trade Embiid for one of Exum, Gordon, Smart, or Ra... 

Post#105 » by ProcessDoctor » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:22 am

NBA715 wrote:You have a potential superstar in Okafor. Embiids value is only decreasing especially as Okafors increases. It makes no sense to keep him. For a franchise that needs direction other than We hope to be good in 10 years, it's time to start turning these great assets Hinkie talks about into real players.

No one is giving up a Klay Thompson for him but you may be able to get a Rudy Gay type player (due to big contract) or someone that can start to help repair what is becoming a bad image for the team around the league. The problem is not being bad to get assets.

it is trying to resign the draft picks once their rookie deals are up and it will be next to impossible without some show of willingness by the FO to put a respectable product on the floor. That's doesn't mean just try to get to 500. You can add pieces to get legitimacy to the plan without sacrificing the future.

Embiid is a great way to help that so deal him while you can!

I don't even know where to begin with this.

James40
Veteran
And1: 1,048

Post#106 » by James40 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:55 am

Ericb5 wrote:It's amazing how weak many of you are that you would give up on him so quickly.

Obviously he has a perilous road ahead, but even a 25% chance of him getting healthy is more superstar potential than any of the players that people are talking about trading him for in this thread.

He has as good a shot as anyone who was ever in this situation medically, and many people who have been here HAVE had productive healthy careers afterward.

bebopdeluxe wrote:No f'n way...unless you think there is only like a 5-10% chance that he will play effectively in the NBA. If this bone graft works (and it HAS worked with other NBA players), his value - either to us or other teams - is way higher than any of those guys, in my view. Obviously, each of those guys has potential...but their respective upsides, if they get there, are still lower than Embiid's upside.

Hinkie is all about "optionality". A healthy Embiid in 2016-17 is a massively valuable asset, and it is an option where (for me) the risk/reward still skews towards holding for one more year.

This isn't all about his foot and how it didn't heal during an entire year, it's also about his other injuries like the stress fractures in his back.
Seriously, if he has a healthy 5 year career in the NBA averaging 60-65 games a year, it'll be a miracle from what we have witnessed so far. He is going to miss 2 straight years because of a stress fracture in his foot, it's not like he's played 2-3 years, he hasn't even played a game yet.
Ericb5
RealGM

Post#107 » by Ericb5 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:46 pm

James40 wrote:
Ericb5 wrote:It's amazing how weak many of you are that you would give up on him so quickly.

bebopdeluxe wrote:No f'n way...unless you think there is only like a 5-10% chance that he will play effectively in the NBA. If this bone graft works (and it HAS worked with other NBA players), his value - either to us or other teams - is way higher than any of those guys, in my view. Obviously, each of those guys has potential...but their respective upsides, if they get there, are still lower than Embiid's upside.

This isn't all about his foot and how it didn't heal during an entire year, it's also about his other injuries like the stress fractures in his back.
Seriously, if he has a healthy 5 year career in the NBA averaging 60-65 games a year, it'll be a miracle from what we have witnessed so far. He is going to miss 2 straight years because of a stress fracture in his foot, it's not like he's played 2-3 years, he hasn't even played a game yet.

It doesn't matter that you are pessimistic about his recovery. You simply do not trade assets at their lowest value.

It makes no sense whatsoever. ANY asset that you could get for Embiid today, you could get by giving up far less.

Embiid is still the best chance that we have at a true franchise player. Even if Embiid has a career like Yao did, that would still be a number of contending years.

I think that Embiid is still medically likely to have a better career than Yao given the organization that drafted him, and the medical care that he is getting.

Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,273

Post#108 » by Jstock12 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:57 pm

As an outsider, I'd say NO. Embiid's value has plummetted. But that still doesn't change the fact that his upside is HOF. Trading him now would be terrible. It's like choosing to bet $100 to win $125 over betting $100 to win $10,000.
Ericb5
RealGM

Post#109 » by Ericb5 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:43 pm

Jstock12 wrote:As an outsider, I'd say NO. Embiid's value has plummetted. But that still doesn't change the fact that his upside is HOF. Trading him now would be terrible. It's like choosing to bet $100 to win $125 over betting $100 to win $10,000.

Exactly.

We already placed our bet, and we might as well keep the upside, which is still at least a 50% proposition, if not better.

Selling now serves no purpose whatsoever.

blue2324
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#110 » by blue2324 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:42 pm

Pretty sure if you posted that on the other teams thread, they would all say hell no. At this time nobody wants Embiid.
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#111 » by Unbreakable99 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:53 pm

blue2324 wrote:Pretty sure if you posted that on the other teams thread, they would all say hell no. At this time nobody wants Embiid.

No kidding. No team would trade for Embiid now. That's not the point. I already know no other team would want to trade for him now. It's about what we think of Embiid since he's the one who is hurt and if anyone would want to trade a potential franchise player for players who just seem like pieces to surround around a franchise player. I just think there is no way I would do that at this time. I value an injured Embiid over a healthy Gordon or Smart or Randle or Exum.
blue2324
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#112 » by blue2324 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:24 pm

Unbreakable99 wrote:
blue2324 wrote:Pretty sure if you posted that on the other teams thread, they would all say hell no. At this time nobody wants Embiid.

No kidding. No team would trade for Embiid now. That's not the point. I already know no other team would want to trade for him now. It's about what we think of Embiid since he's the one who is hurt and if anyone would want to trade a potential franchise player for players who just seem like pieces to surround around a franchise player. I just think there is no way I would do that at this time. I value an injured Embiid over a healthy Gordon or Smart or Randle or Exum.

...so basically your asking if you would draft Embiid at the same position. The answer should generally be yes, at least for quite a few years when we see how everyone plays out.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#113 » by MiltownHawkeye » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:21 pm

Smart (or Exum, who I'm still high on)/Stauskas/Covington/Noel/Okafor with Wroten/Thompson/Saric on the bench sounds like a really good core to me. Embiid would be setting a massive precedent by having a productive, reasonably healthy (e.g. 55-60 games a year or more) career at this point. Smart/Exum might not be franchise-changing guards (the raw potential is there with Exum) but they're still cheap and under control for 2-3 more years so you can see what you have in them. They're better assets at this point than Embiid too. Smart particularly fits with the Sixers defensive identity. If Stauskas is the player I thought he could be when drafted he could end up being a very good complement to Smart or Exum in the backcourt.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
snoopdogg88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,111

Post#114 » by snoopdogg88 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:34 pm

You guys are really really living in a overly optimistic dream world regarding Embiid's "potential".
Missing 2 consecutive years isn't some minor setback. this is career threatening stuff for a guy who was a medical long shot to begin with.

if Hinkie was offered any of these players for Embiid RIGHT NOW, he would take it and run in a New York minute.

Whether Exum or Smart or Gordon have super duper star potential is kinda irrelevant at this point, knowing what we know now
Ericb5
RealGM

Post#115 » by Ericb5 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:50 pm

snoopdogg88 wrote:You guys are really really living in a overly optimistic dream world regarding Embiid's "potential".
Missing 2 consecutive years isn't some minor setback. this is career threatening stuff for a guy who was a medical long shot to begin with.

if Hinkie was offered any of these players for Embiid RIGHT NOW, he would take it and run in a New York minute.

Whether Exum or Smart or Gordon have super duper star potential is kinda irrelevant at this point, knowing what we know now

It is obviously career threatening, and I don't know how anyone could argue otherwise, but that doesn't mean that it is over with him.

It doesn't matter. Embiid will not be traded unless someone gives us full value for him, and full value assumes health. That kind of offer isn't coming, so just give it a rest.

We don't need people like you making the same points over and over for the next year. We are in bed with Embiid and that isn't changing.

There won't be anything consequential in the Embiid department until he reaches a similar point in his recovery to where he was a few months back. Until then we are just waiting to see what happens.

sixerkitty
Banned User
And1: 32

Post#116 » by sixerkitty » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:51 pm

snoopdogg88 wrote:You guys are really really living in a overly optimistic dream world regarding Embiid's "potential".

Yes but since we are way below the salary minimum, and Cap, then why not see if the dream as you say cannot come true. ? I understand your point, and it is a valid point. But even though the taller NBA players who have suffered this Injury, and have had it slow down or end their careers, in all those past cases, the Injury was never discovered early on. Remember...Embiid never missed anytime with this foot Injury, it was just discovered because the Cavs did a Super complete Physical. One that no other draft prospect would ever go through. So getting it early helps. Now, since Embiid has grown since the surgery, and since the Bone is not coming completely together or as strong as they had hoped, and seeing as how in previous cases where this happened to a Center, but chose to NOT have the 2nd " Bone Graph " surgery..and then went on to have it either fracture again later...Hinkie figures since Embiid is still so young, and has a lot of future ahead of him. And since winning now was never an option even IF Embiid would have been ready this season...why not do the second procedure which according to every medical expert WILL greatly enhance his staving off re-Injuring it later on ? So considering all those factors, and considering that none of those suggested players, even IF they're healthy are still worth the potential of a Embiid. Cause none of those players mentioned, even after a year playing have shown me anything to suggest that they will ever be a Difference making Player. Now, if a team offered up say a player that is well established...like a Lillard for Embiid, then yes, you likely do that deal. But for a Marcus Smart ?..Aaron Gordon...or even a Dante Exum ?...No way do I do that. And especially since keeping Embiid does not hurt or Hinder us in any way right now.
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach
And1: 395

Post#117 » by SparksFly87 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:01 pm

Gimmie Hezonja , Aaron Gordon and next years 1st. I would trade Embiid. Fantastic core

Okafor/ Noel
Saric / Aaron Gordon
Hezonja/ Stauskus
Ericb5
RealGM

Post#118 » by Ericb5 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:21 pm

sixerkitty wrote:

Yes but since we are way below the salary minimum, and Cap, then why not see if the dream as you say cannot come true. ? I understand your point, and it is a valid point. But even though the taller NBA players who have suffered this Injury, and have had it slow down or end their careers, in all those past cases, the Injury was never discovered early on. Remember...Embiid never missed anytime with this foot Injury, it was just discovered because the Cavs did a Super complete Physical. One that no other draft prospect would ever go through. So getting it early helps. Now, since Embiid has grown since the surgery, and since the Bone is not coming completely together or as strong as they had hoped, and seeing as how in previous cases where this happened to a Center, but chose to NOT have the 2nd " Bone Graph " surgery..and then went on to have it either fracture again later...Hinkie figures since Embiid is still so young, and has a lot of future ahead of him. And since winning now was never an option even IF Embiid would have been ready this season...why not do the second procedure which according to every medical expert WILL greatly enhance his staving off re-Injuring it later on ? So considering all those factors, and considering that none of those suggested players, even IF they're healthy are still worth the potential of a Embiid. Cause none of those players mentioned, even after a year playing have shown me anything to suggest that they will ever be a Difference making Player. Now, if a team offered up say a player that is well established...like a Lillard for Embiid, then yes, you likely do that deal. But for a Marcus Smart ?..Aaron Gordon...or even a Dante Exum ?...No way do I do that. And especially since keeping Embiid does not hurt or Hinder us in any way right now.

The injury wasn't discovered by the Cavs. He had pain after a workout and he independently went to the doctor to check it out, and it was discovered.

So he never played on it once after he experienced pain.

Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Re: If TODAY You're Offered to Trade Embiid for one of Exum, Gordon, Smart, or Ra... 

Post#119 » by Sixerscan » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:57 pm

Ericb5 wrote:
sixerkitty wrote:

The injury wasn't discovered by the Cavs. He had pain after a workout and he independently went to the doctor to check it out, and it was discovered.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/479668601373593601[/tweet]
Ericb5
RealGM

Post#120 » by Ericb5 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:18 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
Ericb5 wrote:
sixerkitty wrote:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/479668601373593601[/tweet]

Interesting. That wasn't what Embiid said at the time. He said he felt pain and then told his agent, and then they decided to go check it out.

I wonder if the cavs gave them the medical info after he reported the pain?

His Cavs workout was at least a week prior to him experiencing the pain.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers