ImageImageImage

If TODAY You're Offered to Trade Embiid for one of Exum, Gordon, Smart, or Randle Would You Do it?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Would you trade Embiid for one of Exum Gordon Smart or Randle?

Yes
36%
No
64%

Total votes: 173

sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,056

Re: If TODAY You're Offered to Trade Embiid for one of Exum, Gordon, Smart, or Randle Would You Do it? 

Post#161 » by sixers hoops » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:42 pm

After it was announced that he would need a second surgery, I thought there was a really good chance that he'd play less career games than Greg Oden. I wasn't too optimistic at that time.
thenbaman
Sixth Man
And1: 537

Re: If TODAY You're Offered to Trade Embiid for one of Exum, Gordon, Smart, or Randle Would You Do it? 

Post#162 » by thenbaman » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:56 pm

Its not like i want to hang on to anyone its just none of those names do anything for me
If your throwing out the garbage why bring more in .
jbent87
Veteran
And1: 1,202

Post#163 » by jbent87 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:57 pm

man whoever bumped this has issues lol. This is some friendly fire stuff right here.
LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#164 » by LongLiveHinkie » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:01 pm

I never wanted to trade Embiid, always supported him being drafted since day one, but even having been in that camp all along, I think bumping old threads as an "I told you so" is always lame. Back when this poll was made no one had any clue if Embiid would be healthy or not either way. So saying someone back then is wrong is idiotic. No one has the luxury of hindsight. Stances have to be judged without hindsight factored in, because of that.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#165 » by Ericb5 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:08 pm

LongLiveHinkie wrote:
Ericb5 wrote:
LongLiveHinkie wrote:
He's not finished. Classic Philadelphia hot take overreaction.

The truth is, we don't know anything yet. People may think they do, but they don't. Including the doctors.

This is hilarious coming from you. You are the hot take master of this board. Firing Brown, Ersan sucks, Okafor sucks, etc...

LOL... I've been the only one defending Okafor on the board. You know not of what you speak. I also never said Ilyasova sucks, I said I hate his game. But I did say BB should be fired. Don't consider that hot take-y either considering they started 0-8 and were 1-30 last season. I'm not a hot take guy, never have been.

You are defending Okafor on the board? Where is that? I thought you were one of the people who wanted him off the team all year.

With the other two things you are as hot takey as it gets.

How about your name change from the moment that Hinkie left? You said that day that you were done with the team. You then changed your name and came right back. That is not the action of a sober logician.

Every time a bad outcome happened it would be followed by basically a Brett Brown sucks exclamation. Brett isn't suddenly doing a good job. He was doing a good job the whole time, or he was doing a bad job the whole time.

It's not like he is a bad coach when they lose and a good coach when they win. He is the same guy doing the same things, in the same ways. He just coldly has the conviction that he is doing the right things, and eventually they start to pay off.

If you are only judging a coach on wins and losses then there is no analysis that is ever necessary because it is self evident. The reason we weren't winning before is because of an extreme lack of talent, and the reason that we are winning now is because of an extremely talented 7'2 rookie that is carrying the team.

Brown is a motivator, a leader, a teacher, and a very patient, and disciplined coach that has been doing very well the whole time. I expect people unfamiliar with the Sixers to not know much about him, but the fans on this board that watch all the games, and read all of the stories written, follow the tweets, and watch the press conferences, and post game interviews, should know better.

Brett Brown was never the problem with this team.
joyeuxnoel
Bench Warmer
And1: 699

Post#166 » by joyeuxnoel » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:09 pm

joyeuxnoel wrote:If we didn't draft okafor I'd say hell no

I still say no except for maybe Gordon

time to eat some crow. Lloydfree, kolbmania, and everyone else who called okafor being a bust day 1 were right
Embiid-Simmons-Covington

Fire Colangelo
LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#167 » by LongLiveHinkie » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:20 pm

Ericb5 wrote:
LongLiveHinkie wrote:
Ericb5 wrote:
This is hilarious coming from you. You are the hot take master of this board. Firing Brown, Ersan sucks, Okafor sucks, etc...

LOL... I've been the only one defending Okafor on the board. You know not of what you speak. I also never said Ilyasova sucks, I said I hate his game. But I did say BB should be fired. Don't consider that hot take-y either considering they started 0-8 and were 1-30 last season. I'm not a hot take guy, never have been.

You are defending Okafor on the board? Where is that? I thought you were one of the people who wanted him off the team all year.

With the other two things you are as hot takey as it gets.

How about your name change from the moment that Hinkie left? You said that day that you were done with the team. You then changed your name and came right back. That is not the action of a sober logician.

Every time a bad outcome happened it would be followed by basically a Brett Brown sucks exclamation. Brett isn't suddenly doing a good job. He was doing a good job the whole time, or he was doing a bad job the whole time.

It's not like he is a bad coach when they lose and a good coach when they win. He is the same guy doing the same things, in the same ways. He just coldly has the conviction that he is doing the right things, and eventually they start to pay off.

If you are only judging a coach on wins and losses then there is no analysis that is ever necessary because it is self evident. The reason we weren't winning before is because of an extreme lack of talent, and the reason that we are winning now is because of an extremely talented 7'2 rookie that is carrying the team.

Brown is a motivator, a leader, a teacher, and a very patient, and disciplined coach that has been doing very well the whole time. I expect people unfamiliar with the Sixers to not know much about him, but the fans on this board that watch all the games, and read all of the stories written, follow the tweets, and watch the press conferences, and post game interviews, should know better.

Brett Brown was never the problem with this team.

I've never once said I wanted him off the team all year. Ever. Nor did I say he sucks. I have defended him this entire time and got into spats with LloydFree about it multiple times.

Saying one is "done with the team" is not a "take." A take has to be an opinion, mine was a reaction in anger, there is no opinion involved. And I don't even remember if that is what I said in the first place, but fans will be fans and react. That is the very essence of where the term "fan" comes from. Fanatic. To always be even keel is for reporters and journalists, not fans.

And your love affair with Brett Brown makes it impossible to logically debate anything with you regarding him. You stated today you think he is doing a "great" job. Me personally, I reserve the term "great" for coaches who don't have the worst winning percentage in NBA history, but that's just me. He's done a good job recently and I will give him credit for that, but Brown's legacy either way has a looooooong way to go.

And for the record, if he didn't decide to play Okafor with Embiid and destroy the chemistry, the Sixers may actually be closer to a playoff spot right now. I judge people fairly on results, and the results spoke for themselves. Now that the results have improved, I will give him credit for improving. I never hold agendas, I judge based on the results in front of me.
eagereyez
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,462

Re: RE: Re: If TODAY You're Offered to Trade Embiid for one of Exum, Gordon, Smart, or Randle Would You Do it? 

Post#168 » by eagereyez » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:44 pm

joyeuxnoel wrote:

time to eat some crow. Lloydfree, kolbmania, and everyone else who called okafor being a bust day 1 were right

Was there a lot of Okafor debate back then? From what I recall, the great debate was between Mudiay and Russell.

Sent from my SM-G900T using RealGM mobile app
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Re: RE: Re: If TODAY You're Offered to Trade Embiid for one of Exum, Gordon, Smart, or Randle Would You Do it? 

Post#169 » by LloydFree » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:25 pm

eagereyez wrote:
joyeuxnoel wrote:

Was there a lot of Okafor debate back then? From what I recall, the great debate was between Mudiay and Russell.

No, there wasn't a lot of Okafor debate to the 76ers, because most just assumed the Lakers would take Okafor. Most everybody here was debating Russell vs Mudiay vs Hezonja for the 76ers. There were a bunch of guys on this board that were steadfast in their belief Okafor was better than both Towns and Russell. It was that way all of the way up to the Tournament.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
cksdayoff
RealGM
And1: 3,636

Post#170 » by cksdayoff » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:50 pm

i knew the lakers would take russell. so i already braced myself for okafor a week or two before the draft
#failforfultz
PhillyNj
Sixth Man
And1: 535

Post#171 » by PhillyNj » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:53 pm

JordanMars wrote:HELL NO

I agree. And I wouldn't trade him for all of them
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#172 » by Unbreakable99 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:56 pm

LloydFree wrote:
eagereyez wrote:
joyeuxnoel wrote:

No, there wasn't a lot of Okafor debate to the 76ers, because most just assumed the Lakers would take Okafor. Most everybody here was debating Russell vs Mudiay vs Hezonja for the 76ers. There were a bunch of guys on this board that were steadfast in their belief Okafor was better than both Towns and Russell. It was that way all of the way up to the Tournament.

If I remember my rankings correctly for the 2015 draft I think I ranked the top prospects as

1. Towns
2. Okafor
3. Mudiay
4. Porzingis
5. Russell

I know I preferred Mudiay to Russell because I thought Mudiay was quicker and would be able to get his shot off better and I wasn't sold on Russell's athleticism and thought he settled for too many jumpers in college. I liked Okafor but didn't want him on the Sixers because we already hadn't Noel and Embiid. I liked he game so I saw of Porzingis and was intrigued and wouldn't have minded him had we drafted him. I remember as soon as Russell was drafted my brother texted me and asked who I wanted. I said I'd be fine with one of Okafor Mudiay Porzingis or Hezonja :o
cksdayoff
RealGM
And1: 3,636

Post#173 » by cksdayoff » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:59 pm

mudiay was fast but couldn't shoot. i think he shot 50% from the ft line in china.
#failforfultz
eagereyez
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,462

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: If TODAY You're Offered to Trade Embiid for one of Exum, Gordon, Smart, or Randle Would You Do it? 

Post#174 » by eagereyez » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:06 am

LloydFree wrote:
eagereyez wrote:
joyeuxnoel wrote:

Yeah I remember the Mudiay v Russell wars. I didn't know anything about Okafor because I assumed the Lakers would take him. I was shopping with my friend at Costco when we saw the draft on one of the t.v.'s. He was pissed that the Lakers passed on Okafor and I thought the Sixers got a steal lol. I think there would have been more hate for the pick if it was discussed more.

LloydFree
RealGM

Post#175 » by LloydFree » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:12 am

Unbreakable99 wrote:
LloydFree wrote:
eagereyez wrote:Was there a lot of Okafor debate back then? From what I recall, the great debate was between Mudiay and Russell.

If I remember my rankings correctly for the 2015 draft I think I ranked the top prospects as

1. Towns
2. Okafor
3. Mudiay
4. Porzingis
5. Russell

I know I preferred Mudiay to Russell because I thought Mudiay was quicker and would be able to get his shot off better and I wasn't sold on Russell's athleticism and thought he settled for too many jumpers in college. I liked Okafor but didn't want him on the Sixers because we already hadn't Noel and Embiid. I liked he game so I saw of Porzingis and was intrigued and wouldn't have minded him had we drafted him. I remember as soon as Russell was drafted my brother texted me and asked who I wanted. I said I'd be fine with one of Okafor Mudiay Porzingis or Hezonja :o

My board at the time:

1. Towns
2. Russell
3. Mudiay
4. Okafor
5. Stanley Johnson
6. Trey Lyles

Didn't like Porzingis.

I still remember feeling sick to my stomach, the second the Lakers selected Russell. I knew that because Embiid's foot hadn't healed, they would take Okafor next. I thought, "here we go, we just tanked two years to wind up with the next Brook Lopez and become the Brooklyn Nets for the next 7-10 years... There is no god."
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,410

Post#176 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:20 am

I still think Okafor has value, guys that can get you 26/9 on aNY night are not busts. Michael Olowakandi was a bust.
As for this topic....I voted yes like the impatient A Hole that I am lol. I take it back, and I humbly apologize for my overreacting to Embiids injury.
bedjawII
Pro Prospect
And1: 160

Post#177 » by bedjawII » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:39 am

Lol. I remember this thread. You literally wouldn't trade JoJo for all those guys combined, if offered today.
Slizeezyc
Senior
And1: 106

Post#178 » by Slizeezyc » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:23 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:I still think Okafor has value, guys that can get you 26/9 on aNY night are not busts. Michael Olowakandi was a bust.
As for this topic....I voted yes like the impatient A Hole that I am lol. I take it back, and I humbly apologize for my overreacting to Embiids injury.

Do you think Eddy Curry had value? From a basketball standpoint, similar rebounding number percentages with some various other comparable elements.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#179 » by LloydFree » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:41 am

Slizeezyc wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:I still think Okafor has value, guys that can get you 26/9 on aNY night are not busts. Michael Olowakandi was a bust.

Do you think Eddy Curry had value? From a basketball standpoint, similar rebounding number percentages with some various other comparable elements.

Same player. Only wasn't forced to go to college for one year apprenticeship.
PhillyNj
Sixth Man
And1: 535

Post#180 » by PhillyNj » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:09 am

bedjawII wrote:Lol. I remember this thread. You literally wouldn't trade JoJo for all those guys combined, if offered today.

Correct!
1 superstar which I believe Embiidi is.
Is worth more than all than any 5 mediocre players.
ALL GREAT TEAMS have one player who transcends the sport!

Return to Philadelphia 76ers