Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

bedjawII
Pro Prospect
And1: 160

Re: Pierre Jackson officially a Sixer 

Post#61 » by bedjawII » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:17 pm

TheExpat wrote:
ankle420breaker wrote:
TheExpat wrote:Tony Wroten just turned 22 a few months ago. I am always surprised when people are so concerned about his shooting and his tendency to turn the ball over.

I like Pierre Jackson and hope for the best, but it's hard to recover explosiveness (unheard of?) after the injury he has suffered. Still... a nice piece off the bench and a good team guy.

I expect Tony Wroten to have a breakout year for the Sixers.

I hope you're right, but the same argument about how its going to be difficult for Jackson to recover and regain his explosiveness can be applied to Wroten, who's coming off the same injury. Its going to take some time for him to adjust. I don't expect him to start playing decisive, confident basketball until January at the earliest.

Jackson had a torn achilles while Wroten had a partially torn ACL... to my understanding Pierre's injury is much more serious and has more effect on a player's explosiveness.

I wouldn't say much more serious since they are both now routine surgeries. It really depends on many different factors but the most important is how hard the individual is willing to rehab. There is no reason PJ can't return to being as explosive as he was before the injury. Achilles are no longer career jeopardizing injuries.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers