Embiid return

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Re: Embid return 

Post#41 » by BullyKing » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:00 am

We all realize Joel's name is spelled wrong in the title, right?
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#42 » by Unbreakable99 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:40 pm

[instagram]https://instagram.com/p/-dhoRJFrme/[/instagram]
ImChillin01
Banned User
And1: 424

Post#43 » by ImChillin01 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:33 pm

Unbreakable99 wrote:[instagram]https://instagram.com/p/-dhoRJFrme/[/instagram]

I dont think this mean anything other than Joel liking a great movie lol
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#44 » by Unbreakable99 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:37 pm

ImChillin01 wrote:

You're right. I only posted it to show the comments which didn't come up. One comment said to stop drinking Shirley Temples and get in shape lol. I captured it on my phone but don't know how to post a pic from my phone. Does anyone know how to do it?
ImChillin01
Banned User
And1: 424

Post#45 » by ImChillin01 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:38 pm

Unbreakable99 wrote:
ImChillin01 wrote:

You're right. I only posted it ro show the comments which didn't come up. One comment said to stop drinking Shirley Temples and get in shape lol. I captured it on my phone bu don't know how to post a pic from my phone. Does anyone know how to do it?

Yeah Idk how to post insta comments on forums either. But yeah comments were funny and sad at same time, way too negative but athletes are easy targets for frustrated fans.
thenbaman
Sixth Man
And1: 537

Post#46 » by thenbaman » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:55 pm

Eyeamok wrote:Not to long ago members on this forum were upset that Nerlens N had minute restrictions and the franchise was bringing him along slowly.

Some fans thought he was damaged goods and brittle.

How did Nerlens Noel workk out for the 76ers last season?

I am an admitted homer, Embiid will rise and play well for this franchise. I truly believe that.

How did it work out your kidding right,noel is still injured :banghead:
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#47 » by PhilasFinest » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:21 pm

Embiid is not coming back this season. Id bet a large sum of dollars on it.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#48 » by Ericb5 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:31 pm

thenbaman wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:Not to long ago members on this forum were upset that Nerlens N had minute restrictions and the franchise was bringing him along slowly.

I am an admitted homer, Embiid will rise and play well for this franchise. I truly believe that.

Noel is back 100% from his knee injury, and that was his point.

The Sixers handled him perfectly, and I'm sure that they will do everything that they can for Embiid.

I am still a believer in Embiid for sure, but I'm just not banking on it anymore. I believe that he is a franchise player, and I believe that his foot will heal 100%. I'm just not sure if he will be able to stay healthy or not. I'll be nervous about that until he plays at least a full season at a high level.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,429

Post#49 » by Eyeamok » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:50 pm

thenbaman wrote:

I feel for you man. RIF.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
snoopdogg88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,111

Post#50 » by snoopdogg88 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:56 pm

The Nerlens and Joel situations are nowhere near comparable.

Noel had a one time flukey injury. Joel has had like 10 serious injuries since HS and has missed significant time at every level.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,429

Post#51 » by Eyeamok » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:04 am

snoopdogg88 wrote:The Nerlens and Joel situations are nowhere near comparable.

Noel had a one time flukey injury. Joel has had like 10 serious injuries since HS and has missed significant time at every level.

No matter the reason, more injuries are occurring and orthopedic surgeons are busier than ever reconstructing knees of athletes everywhere. Additionally, the risk for a second injury remains high in those who have experienced one and return to sport. “Athletes in the knee and ACL groups were 6.8 and 19.6 times more likely to sustain a knee injury and 14.4 and 892.9 times more likely to undergo a knee surgery during their collegiate careers compared with controls.” (Rugg, Wane, et al; 2014)

Noel was handled with care because an ACL is not just a one time flukey injury.

You are welcome !!!!

http://www.howardluksmd.com/sports-medicine/physical-therapy-acl-injuries-dont-know-might-hurt/
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
broseph13
Senior
And1: 170

Post#52 » by broseph13 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:02 am

I think that has more to do with the Cameroon diet than anything else...
cksdayoff
RealGM
And1: 3,636

Post#53 » by cksdayoff » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:57 pm

I agree that all the medical science in the world won't prevent Embiid from getting injured again. I think it can help limit the amount of injuries he will have during his career but he'll play very few full seasons. I could be completely wrong and i hope i am. But this is why it's important to have a stable of quality bigs coming off the bench (Noel, Saric, etc)
#failforfultz
snoopdogg88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,111

Post#54 » by snoopdogg88 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:07 pm

my point has always been that you can't rely on Embiid and pencil him as the franchise player of the future.

with his devastating injury history you would be insane to trade Okafor or Noel to "make room" for Embiid.

it sucks, but it's borderline irresponsible to think you can rely on him
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,753

Post#55 » by Sixersftw » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:12 pm

Eyeamok wrote:

No matter the reason, more injuries are occurring and orthopedic surgeons are busier than ever reconstructing knees of athletes everywhere. Additionally, the risk for a second injury remains high in those who have experienced one and return to sport. “Athletes in the knee and ACL groups were 6.8 and 19.6 times more likely to sustain a knee injury and 14.4 and 892.9 times more likely to undergo a knee surgery during their collegiate careers compared with controls.” (Rugg, Wane, et al; 2014)

Noel was handled with care because an ACL is not just a one time flukey injury.

You are welcome !!!!

http://www.howardluksmd.com/sports-medicine/physical-therapy-acl-injuries-dont-know-might-hurt/

I think he meant how Nerlen's knee was injured. His knee didn't give out like D-rose, he hit a stanchion at a high rate of speed PG style but with less breakage and more tearing.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#56 » by rzzzzz » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:41 pm

snoopdogg88 wrote:my point has always been that you can't rely on Embiid and pencil him as the franchise player of the future.

with his devastating injury history you would be insane to trade Okafor or Noel to "make room" for Embiid.

it sucks, but it's borderline irresponsible to think you can rely on him

well, it's not borderline insane for Sam to pursue rehabbing this guy using the best advice and intervention that's out there. i think most sixer fans will be understandably depressed, but can handle it if this high risk/reward deal doesn't work out. but there is a really good shot at things working out just swell for us. and it would be irresponsible not to plan on that possibility.
KramerDSP
Sixth Man
And1: 906

Post#57 » by KramerDSP » Sat Dec 5, 2015 7:20 pm

[Tweet]https://mobile.twitter.com/SportsDirectTV/status/673192448223551488[/Tweet]

Edit: maybe a mod can fix this? Someone tweeted a picture of Embiid at the game today sans walking boot. He was wearing basketball shoes on both feet.

More good news! And we know now that he is officially 7'2".

Embiid being healthy is THE game changer.
"I don’t wanna be Jordan, I don’t wanna be Magic, I don’t wanna be Bird or Isiah. I don’t wanna be any of those guys. When my career’s over, I''m gonna look in the mirror and say I did it my way.”- Allen Iverson
broseph13
Senior
And1: 170

Post#58 » by broseph13 » Sat Dec 5, 2015 7:58 pm

Question: Assuming Embiid actually does come back and starts dominating, how to keep him from not leaving once his contract is up? One would think that he'd re-sign with the Sixers after all time/money/effort/faith they've put into him, but Embiid seems like a selfish type of person who would jet if a team like the Lakers/Knicks/Miami made him a great offer.
OleSchool
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,344

Post#59 » by OleSchool » Sat Dec 5, 2015 7:58 pm

Is Embiid done for the year? I thought I remember with the first surgery he "could" be back in Feb. Im probably wrong and getting him and Noel confused
NYSixersFan wrote:quite simply, If I were GM, We would have a good young playoff team right now; with cap flexibility going forward

NYSixersFan wrote:I'D BE more then happy to debate you or anyone else on specifics

NYSixersFan wrote:How can I give you specifics? I'm not talking to other GM's
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#60 » by Sixerscan » Sat Dec 5, 2015 8:42 pm

They said he's out for the year when he had the surgery. Technically this surgery has a short enough standard recovery time that he conceivably could play, but he won't.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers