The National Media Doesn't Want Us to Get Ben Simmons

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

ET Da Gawd
Sixth Man
And1: 367

Re: The National Media Doesn't Want Us to Get Ben Simmons 

Post#41 » by ET Da Gawd » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:06 pm

OleSchool wrote:
ET Da Gawd wrote:1. The name of the game is bpa, they (Ingram & Murray) will be good players down the road, It's ok if we don't end up with Ben(and honestly, im a bit scared about Simmons as a 3 with no pull up game) Henry Ellenson wouldn't be bad either with our later 1sts (similar player). We kinda need more shooters anyways to open up the paint for our bigs.

2. With the cap going up, eventually either skal or noel will get paid big (see what some of the garbage men bigs are getting paid). Okafor and Joel are MAX, noel can walk or get flipped if need be but I wouldn't be rushing to trade him unless neccessary. He's a very good dynamic player who brings a lot to the table, he's literally just missing strength. I'm sure by the times he's 25-27 he'll be filled out.

P.S. I'm very high on dunn also, I personally would like Simmons or Ingram to solidy our 3 rotation (Ingram/Simmons and Saric). There's a lot of sleeper pgs in this draft.

No to Ellenson, I see a better Spencer Hawes

Igram just lost his starting spot. He'll be better off coming back next year.

Love Dunn

Ellenson is a 3 compared to Spencer being a 5 though man, Ellenson looks like a better shooting dario to me
OleSchool
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,344

Post#42 » by OleSchool » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:21 pm

ET Da Gawd wrote:
OleSchool wrote:
ET Da Gawd wrote:1. The name of the game is bpa, they (Ingram & Murray) will be good players down the road, It's ok if we don't end up with Ben(and honestly, im a bit scared about Simmons as a 3 with no pull up game) Henry Ellenson wouldn't be bad either with our later 1sts (similar player). We kinda need more shooters anyways to open up the paint for our bigs.

2. With the cap going up, eventually either skal or noel will get paid big (see what some of the garbage men bigs are getting paid). Okafor and Joel are MAX, noel can walk or get flipped if need be but I wouldn't be rushing to trade him unless neccessary. He's a very good dynamic player who brings a lot to the table, he's literally just missing strength. I'm sure by the times he's 25-27 he'll be filled out.

P.S. I'm very high on dunn also, I personally would like Simmons or Ingram to solidy our 3 rotation (Ingram/Simmons and Saric). There's a lot of sleeper pgs in this draft.

Love Dunn

Ellenson is a 3 compared to Spencer being a 5 though man, Ellenson looks like a better shooting dario to me

Please don't take offense to this but, why does everyone think all these college players are 3's???? Ellenson is not a 3 neither is Simmons. They are both 4's. Ellenson can also play a stretch 5, if there is such a thing
NYSixersFan wrote:quite simply, If I were GM, We would have a good young playoff team right now; with cap flexibility going forward

NYSixersFan wrote:I'D BE more then happy to debate you or anyone else on specifics

NYSixersFan wrote:How can I give you specifics? I'm not talking to other GM's
ET Da Gawd
Sixth Man
And1: 367

Post#43 » by ET Da Gawd » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:46 pm

OleSchool wrote:
ET Da Gawd wrote:
OleSchool wrote:

Love Dunn

Please don't take offense to this but, why does everyone think all these college players are 3's???? Ellenson is not a 3 neither is Simmons. They are both 4's. Ellenson can also play a stretch 5, if there is such a thing

Well don't take offense either, all these "small ball 4s" are not draymond green. I grew up in the era when the pf is supposed to be a real pf, if these guys can't play 3 competently then that's a lack of skill on their part. I want no parts of a full-time small ball squad. I know everyone and their momma thinks just because Lebron and Draymond won chips playing out of position they wanna be thirsty and find the next wing player whos supposed to be on the wing but doesn't have any perimeter skills so they place him at 4 (ala Jerami Grant). I dont want any small ball. If you have 3 competent perimeter players then having two real bigs isn't a big deal. If simmons and ellenson think their gonna have an allstar level career playing power forward their in for a rude awakening. Besides, the era of the Big is coming back. Small Ball sent about 85% of the league into a mad dash to change their style but it's obviously not working for everyone the same way it did for the Big 3 Heat and last years Warriors

P.S. Even with all the skills and intangibles Lebron has, he's not a consistent shooter and it causes issues.
James40
Veteran
And1: 1,048

Post#44 » by James40 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:34 pm

Screw the national media, all Simmons needs is a career threatening injury and he'll be a Sixer on draft night, and those at ESPN can laugh all they want, the Sixers will laugh the loudest!
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#45 » by Ericb5 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:28 am

OleSchool wrote:
ET Da Gawd wrote:
OleSchool wrote:

Love Dunn

The point isn't that Simmons is a prototypical 3, but he isn't a prototypical 4 either. He has the skills and athleticism to play either position.

As is often said, you are what you can defend, and I think he can defend the 3.

I make a similar argument with Saric as well in that he can play either position, but Simmons is even more athletic and skilled than Saric, so for him it is even more true.

The other point that needs to be made is that we don't even know what we have on our team so there is no such thing as "need" in this regard. Just take BPA and move on.

If we end up with picks 1 and 4 by some miracle, I would take Simmons and Ingram/Murray/ Brown(in that order) and again just figure it out later.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums

Return to Philadelphia 76ers