ImageImageImage

~Game 17: Sixers at Rockets~

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,713

Re: ~Game 17: Sixers at Rockets~ 

Post#281 » by 76thBearCub » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:09 am

wainseven wrote:There is no such thing as winning type of offense. Why are the Warriors so good? Not because of their playing style, it's because stephen curry happens to be the best player in the world and also the best shooter in history. You take him out and replace him with TJ McConnell, they will crumble even if they play the same offense system.

What kind of secret agent are you, coming from 2010 with 18 posts?
marcush
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,151

Post#282 » by marcush » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:15 am

I think Grant showed a bit as a small ball center. No more 3 for him, primarily a 4 with a bit of time at the 5.

RC3 was great, has really helped the team just having another NBA level player out there.

Would be really nice to be getting some more return from all those lottery picks, hope Sam knows what he is doing.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,463

Post#283 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:19 am

Westbrook36 wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
Westbrook36 wrote:If a playoff team offers you a late first rounder for Covington at the deadline, do you do it or keep him?

See, this is the crap i'm talking about. You don't trade away good players for no goddamn reason. I understood the Carter Williams trade despite the fact that it pissed me off, but there are about four players on this team right now that are worth keeping and Covington is one of them. Trading him would be beyond moronic. This isn't NBA 2K. Why would we trade him? Like...dor the hellof it??? Seriously what good does a late first round pick do us?
Aren't you the same Westbrook that guaranteed us we'd sweep the Miami Heat in the playoffs back in 2011? Lmao.

All I did was ask a question. Calm down, nutjob.

Oh please, i'm not the one making outlandish predictions and creating (Please Use More Appropriate Word) trade scenarios that will no doubt keep us losers for the next ten years instead of five lol. Quit trollin hater, you're the only one lookin for nutjobs.
LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#284 » by LongLiveHinkie » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:26 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
Westbrook36 wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
See, this is the crap i'm talking about. You don't trade away good players for no goddamn reason. I understood the Carter Williams trade despite the fact that it pissed me off, but there are about four players on this team right now that are worth keeping and Covington is one of them. Trading him would be beyond moronic. This isn't NBA 2K. Why would we trade him? Like...dor the hellof it??? Seriously what good does a late first round pick do us?
Aren't you the same Westbrook that guaranteed us we'd sweep the Miami Heat in the playoffs back in 2011? Lmao.

Oh please, i'm not the one making outlandish predictions and creating (Please Use More Appropriate Word) trade scenarios that will no doubt keep us losers for the next ten years instead of five lol. Quit trollin hater, you're the only one lookin for nutjobs.

lol yeah I'm sure trading Robert Covington is going to be the bane of this Sixers franchise. Riiiight.

I asked a simple question and for some insane reason you saw it as me campaigning to get Covington out of town when I never even said that I would make that deal or not. That definitely is kinda nutjobby, no doubt about it.
NYSixersFan
Veteran
And1: 1,535

Post#285 » by NYSixersFan » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:40 am

I would not trade Covington for a late 1st round pick
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#286 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:42 am

Mik317 wrote:
lamp23 wrote:If we had Ish Smith still on the team, a healthy (mentally and physically) Noel, and the rest minus Okafor, do we have a couple of wins yet?

Not like I want to subtract Okafor going forward (or win games), but this team just doesn't fit.

yep and that sucks.

but it is a chicken or the egg type situation. Is it Okafor? or the lack of talent? or both? Jah is a talented dude but requires the team to be built around him soley and I worry that he just isn't that good to do so. His youth however makes it a tough problem to solve. What if he gets into super shape, expands his range and just generally mature. what does that player look like? Sounds like a Giant Carmelo to me but basically we cannot build a throw it in the post type offense and expect it to work IMO. It is a nice secondary tool but not the main option. But that is Jah's biggest strength. But it doesn't lead to wins it seems. It also negatively effects Noel it seems.....its not an easy situation going forward. Because I panic, if the Lakers came to me w/ a Russel for Okafor swap...i'd do it. I'm not even a #TeamRussell guy, Mario or Mudiay were my picks (lawd I am a GMing god aint I? ) but at least we wouldn't have to worry if our best player was able to exist in the NBA longterm. But luckily for yall I'm not the GM.

Outside of rooting for the team, it will be interesting in seeing how this plays out now.

I usually agree with you, and I certainly see your point but I think you're way off on Okafor. Jah is an offensive option, a weapon, a go to option if the game has to slow down like it always does in the playoffs. There's no reason we can't be a running team and implement him in that style of play. We have no point guard play outside of what little TJ gives us, we have no guards that can create outside of Wroten who is well.....not all that good. I don't think Okafor can carry a team by himself, but this guy literally has NO ceiling right now. Like...sky is the limit...You don't trade away a talent like that because it doesn't fit with Noel.
NYSixersFan
Veteran
And1: 1,535

Post#287 » by NYSixersFan » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:48 am

No PG to help a young team develop on the court....no veterans to help them grow off the court
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#288 » by 76ciology » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:52 am

..like I said, Jah needs to adjust his game like Marc Gasol, DMC and Duncan. Less post-up, more roll man/spot up and face-up.

In today's game a center is more of just a finisher around the rim (check ORTG of WCS and DeAndre). Jah needs to learn to play like a powerforward on offense and lessen his post play. That way he can have big offensive impact with not having trouble in getting touches and better FT rate by driving to the basket by initiating contact. (Faster pace, less TO and better TS% because of higher FT rate)

If there's anything, it's in the rebounding/defensive end where JAH needs to have big improvements. Tommy heinson said it the other night, how defense nowadays requires heavy defensive rotations and weakside shot blocking, two of which Jah has struggled. (Larger impact on DRPM and DRTG)
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#289 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:53 am

Westbrook36 wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
Westbrook36 wrote:

lol yeah I'm sure trading Robert Covington is going to be the bane of this Sixers franchise. Riiiight.

I asked a simple question and for some insane reason you saw it as me campaigning to get Covington out of town when I never even said that I would make that deal or not. That definitely is kinda nutjobby, no doubt about it.

Oh my bad, I misunderstood you.....You were just basically making up an idiotic trade proposal for the hell of it. Ok...gotcha...yeah I overreacted then, my bad....next time I'll know you're just talking out your ass and I won't respond hahahahaha.
Embiiid
Freshman
And1: 13

Post#290 » by Embiiid » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:02 am

Surprised nobody is blaming Noel for this loss. With how delusional you guys are on our precious street fighter, we gave him an opportunity to prove himself tonight and he didn't deliver. He isn't athletic enough to finish over length and he can't defend anybody when Noel isn't around to bail him out.
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#291 » by CoreyGallagher » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:07 am

Bright side, we're doing much better taking care of the ball lately. 4 turnovers in the half of one game, only 14 tonight playing at an up tempo pace. We're making progress even if it's not reflective in wins and losses, yet.
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#292 » by 76ciology » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:08 am

I'd also like to add that the NBA is promoting the pace and space trend so the refs also are inclined to let the players front against post players. What Jah is doing is going against the trend, and unless he's a generational talent like Shaq, he's going to have a tough time imposing his will to be efficient.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,070

Post#293 » by Embiid P » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:26 am

Embiiid wrote:Surprised nobody is blaming Noel for this loss. With how delusional you guys are on our precious street fighter, we gave him an opportunity to prove himself tonight and he didn't deliver. He isn't athletic enough to finish over length and he can't defend anybody when Noel isn't around to bail him out.

Does anyone else find this rather ironic coming from a guy with the user name Embiid?
83SixersRocked
Head Coach
And1: 609

Post#294 » by 83SixersRocked » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:22 am

Embiiid wrote:Surprised nobody is blaming Noel for this loss. With how delusional you guys are on our precious street fighter, we gave him an opportunity to prove himself tonight and he didn't deliver. He isn't athletic enough to finish over length and he can't defend anybody when Noel isn't around to bail him out.

You're no Embiiid. And we're not delusional. Off with your head!
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,368

Post#295 » by baldur » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:20 am

Stinky Hinkie wrote:

Does anyone else find this rather ironic coming from a guy with the user name Embiid?

after i read the his post, i realized his nickname and i laughed aloud.
Agnostifarian
Veteran
And1: 705

Post#296 » by Agnostifarian » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:45 pm

I want this team to get its first win like real bad but I don't want to see more than two wins in a row. If they get to 12 wins, I'm going to root for Canaan, Thompson, Jakaar, Wood and Holmes as the starting five.
“This may be one of the best jobs in basketball right now,” Colangelo said at a press conference introducing him as the new GM of the 76ers after Sam Hinkie resigned.
OleSchool
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,344

Post#297 » by OleSchool » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:05 pm

Westbrook36 wrote:
Stanford wrote:
Westbrook36 wrote:I truly love this team. They are so much fun to watch.

I hope you're not joking, Westy.

Not joking at all, I haven't missed a game this season. They are a joy to watch. I haven't enjoyed watching a Sixers team since the one that went to the Finals.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udNHsk57f24[/youtube]
NYSixersFan wrote:quite simply, If I were GM, We would have a good young playoff team right now; with cap flexibility going forward

NYSixersFan wrote:I'D BE more then happy to debate you or anyone else on specifics

NYSixersFan wrote:How can I give you specifics? I'm not talking to other GM's
OleSchool
Lead Assistant

Post#298 » by OleSchool » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:12 pm

lamp23 wrote:If we had Ish Smith still on the team, a healthy (mentally and physically) Noel, and the rest minus Okafor, do we have a couple of wins yet?

Not like I want to subtract Okafor going forward (or win games), but this team just doesn't fit.

In my uneducated opinion I say yes but, I also think with a NBA average PG we'd have 3 to 5 wins now.
NYSixersFan wrote:quite simply, If I were GM, We would have a good young playoff team right now; with cap flexibility going forward

NYSixersFan wrote:I'D BE more then happy to debate you or anyone else on specifics

OleSchool
Lead Assistant

Post#299 » by OleSchool » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:14 pm

wainseven wrote:Trading our 1st potential franchise player at the age of 19 will do nothing but push us further into the lottery hell. Okafor is already a better post defender than Noel, who bites on every pump fake to go for the block

Noel didn't bite like that last year

Return to Philadelphia 76ers