ImageImageImage

Frustrated but........

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

6ersfolife
Junior
And1: 180

Frustrated but........ 

Post#1 » by 6ersfolife » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:50 am

I have been pissed at the end of the last three games. I have been disappointed at Brett's substitutions and I am not 100% sold he is the guy once we get players in here(I hope he learns and gets better) That being said. I think we all know this is the last year of our Tanking for the #1 pick so I have to bring myself to reality which is this:

1. We had a problem losing when we needed to last year and it cost us the worst record and the number one pick.
2. I could care less about breaking losing records and then not having the worst record.
3. The Lakers only have 2 wins, and the Nets have 2 or 3 I forget, but both could challenge for the worst record.
4. Nobody is talking about Golden States futility for almost 10 years.

I say this to get us all back on track... The media hates us, we are already an embarrassment, and the Lakers are only a few more losses from going into tank mode to save their pick....

Thus I want the guys to keep playing hard and growing, I'll deal with the sly remarks from the national media, and the harsh criticism from everyone else in Philly, BUT we have to stay the course and get that worst record and best Odds at Simmons. It may not work, but we have to committ to this last year as we know the calvary is coming, and a new dawn will start next off season!!!

Hang tight Brothers, Let EM laugh now BUT remember this.......

HE WHO LAUGHS LAST, LAUGHS BEST!!!! OUR time to LAUGH is coming ...... STAY STRONG
marcush
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,151

Re: Frustrated but........ 

Post#2 » by marcush » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:09 am

And hey, if we don't get Simmons, and Embiids foot is still broke, and Saric stays for more cash, there's always the 2017 draft........
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#3 » by Unbreakable99 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:22 am

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter how bad we are. Golden St is winning. It all anyway. Just think of all the good teams who will have their hearts crushed this season because they can't beat Golden St. It's better to get a high pick and build towards next year lol.
marcush
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,151

Post#4 » by marcush » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:30 am

Unbreakable99 wrote:In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter how bad we are. Golden St is winning. It all anyway. Just think of all the good teams who will have their hearts crushed this season because they can't beat Golden St. It's better to get a high pick and build towards next year lol.

Well maybe not 'build' but at least another asset, maybe go another centre.
6ersfolife
Junior
And1: 180

Post#5 » by 6ersfolife » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:41 am

marcush wrote:And hey, if we don't get Simmons, and Embiids foot is still broke, and Saric stays for more cash, there's always the 2017 draft........

Like I said. See exhibit A. Could care less about your sly sarcasm. We will see in a few short months
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,721

Post#6 » by the_process » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:53 am

10 wins. Need 10 wins. That is all.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#7 » by XDevilBoiX » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:58 am

I am all for tanking but this is beyond ridiculous. Frustrating as hell watching stinks like Canaan, Thompson and Jakarr playing at the end of these games. Okafor should be in there and getting the ball, not these bums turning the ball over or jacking up wild shots. Not sure if I wanna watch any more games with how this **** is going.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#8 » by BullyKing » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:04 am

XDevilBoiX wrote:I am all for tanking

You might think this

XDevilBoiX wrote: but this is beyond ridiculous.

But you're not.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
NYSixersFan
Analyst
And1: 1,563

Post#9 » by NYSixersFan » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:19 am

6ersfolife wrote:I have been pissed at the end of the last three games. I have been disappointed at Brett's substitutions and I am not 100% sold he is the guy once we get players in here(I hope he learns and gets better) That being said. I think we all know this is the last year of our Tanking for the #1 pick so I have to bring myself to reality which is this:

1. We had a problem losing when we needed to last year and it cost us the worst record and the number one pick.
2. I could care less about breaking losing records and then not having the worst record.
3. The Lakers only have 2 wins, and the Nets have 2 or 3 I forget, but both could challenge for the worst record.

I say this to get us all back on track... The media hates us, we are already an embarrassment, and the Lakers are only a few more losses from going into tank mode to save their pick....

Thus I want the guys to keep playing hard and growing, I'll deal with the sly remarks from the national media, and the harsh criticism from everyone else in Philly, BUT we have to stay the course and get that worst record and best Odds at Simmons. It may not work, but we have to committ to this last year as we know the calvary is coming, and a new dawn will start next off season!!!

HE WHO LAUGHS LAST, LAUGHS BEST!!!! OUR time to LAUGH is coming ...... STAY STRONG

This the last year of tanking? really? If Embiid stays hurt, Saric stays in Europe and we don't get the Lakers pick, tank 4.0 will be in full effect.....those 3 things are at least 50% to happen.
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,718

Post#10 » by 76thBearCub » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:31 am

I will bitch like hell in the game thread. Because a part of me does want to win the game.

In a thread like this, I'm good. We want the best odds at #1. And Hinkie has screwed up a time or two, but he has also ensured us that, not only do we get our odds in the draft lottery, but we also get the King's lottery balls. And if things go right we get the Lakers pick. This Hinkie guy, he may not be right, but he sure as hell ain't dumb.
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by 76thBearCub » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:34 am

NYSixersFan wrote:
6ersfolife wrote:I have been pissed at the end of the last three games. I have been disappointed at Brett's substitutions and I am not 100% sold he is the guy once we get players in here(I hope he learns and gets better) That being said. I think we all know this is the last year of our Tanking for the #1 pick so I have to bring myself to reality which is this:

This the last year of tanking? really? If Embiid stays hurt, Saric stays in Europe and we don't get the Lakers pick, tank 4.0 will be in full effect.....those 3 things are at least 50% to happen.

You suck at math Pal. We won't get in to your critical thinking abilities.
NYSixersFan
Analyst

Post#12 » by NYSixersFan » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:36 am

lamp23 wrote:
NYSixersFan wrote:

Ummm..ok
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by 76thBearCub » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:38 am

Ummmmmmmmmmm.. thats right. Like to continue?
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,721

Post#14 » by the_process » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:39 am

BullyKing wrote:
XDevilBoiX wrote:I am all for tanking

You might think this

XDevilBoiX wrote: but this is beyond ridiculous.

But you're not.

You can be really mad this team will now be in the record books for losing while still philosophically being behind the tank.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#15 » by Sixerscan » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:40 am

I've always thought that Summer 2016 was the summer they would make their big push, with the new practice facility opening. Would be fairly surprised if they did another barebones off season like this. But if all of the Embiid/Saric/Picks variables go well, there might not be minutes for any vets.
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#16 » by CoreyGallagher » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:42 am

The losses and records are frustrating, but we're doing something unprecedented and it doesn't affect the end goal.
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
NYSixersFan
Analyst

Post#17 » by NYSixersFan » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:42 am

lamp23 wrote:
NYSixersFan wrote:

What part of the math is difficult for you to understand? My opinion is that it's at least 50% that all 3 things I mention will happen
NYSixersFan
Analyst

Post#18 » by NYSixersFan » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:45 am

Sixerscan wrote:I've always thought that Summer 2016 was the summer they would make their big push, with the new practice facility opening. Would be fairly surprised if they did another barebones off season like this. But if all of the Embiid/Saric/Picks variables go well, there might not be minutes for any vets.

Big push for what? free agents? trading for players they actually keep?
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by 76thBearCub » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:52 am

NYSixersFan wrote:
lamp23 wrote:
NYSixersFan wrote:

What part of the math is difficult for you to understand? My opinion is that it's at least 50% that all 3 things I mention will happen

There is no true math because there are no true numbers. I guess you just suck at projecting likely outcomes.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,527

Post#20 » by 76ciology » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:01 am

Other teams are outsmarting Hinkie. Sixers losing streak allows the media to focus on them while the other teams gets free pass win their losses.

Honestly, I don't mind watching my team losing as long as they don't play horrible basketball. I watch the games for two reasons, development of the young guys and potential upsets.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers