ImageImageImage

Report: Sixers have had talks about Blake Griffin

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,983

Re: Report: Sixers have had talks about Blake Griffin 

Post#81 » by spikeslovechild » Mon Feb 8, 2016 1:35 am

76thBearCub wrote:Maybe not Griffin, but one of these days we are going to have to cash in "assets" and make this an attractable place to play.

I personally do not think whatsoever that Hinkie's long term goal is to build a homegrown team. I think he wants to get guys he can trade for really good players. It would be more fun to watch guys go from rookie to veteran but I do not that it will happen.

I will be the first person to admit though that I though Brooklyn was going to win 30 games this year and not be a huge factor in the tank race. So I'm not a prophet.

What will make it attractive is having a young team that viewed as ascending. If you trade away those assets the main thing that makes the Sixers attractive is lost. No player wants to be the next Melo and no team wants to be where the Knicks were after the trade.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,461

Post#82 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Mon Feb 8, 2016 5:26 am

If we can acquire a stsr level player, or a player close to achieving stardom (Khris Middleton) for some of our assets, I think you do it. I don't even know who's available, I doubt it's Blake Griffin though. In our case I see us trading big for small which is bad, but not always.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,899

Post#83 » by Wilfried » Mon Feb 8, 2016 8:19 am

NYSixersFan wrote:I would also investigate Bledsoe and either Lillard or McCollum

I love Bledsoe, but he's already too old for our team and is too injury prone

Lillard and McCollum are very interesting. I think only McCollum will become available and it will be at a decent cost.
But Portland can use talent in the frontcourt.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#84 » by 76ciology » Mon Feb 8, 2016 8:50 am

Nobody has been bringing this one up but I love John Wall. I would trade one of our bigs and a pick or two for him.

Wall, Simmons or Ingram + Jah or Biid. That's a core that can contend.

I think with a shaky Beal, a roster that is aging and going nowhere, they are very close to rebuild. I think they are just waiting confirmation on KD nit signing with them.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#85 » by 76ciology » Mon Feb 8, 2016 8:52 am

..and FWIW, I don't think Griffin makes sense. Unless we are some part of a three way. Maybe we let Clipps know that we can absorb contracts to make a potential deal possible. But I really doubt we are going for Griffin.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#86 » by Foshan » Mon Feb 8, 2016 11:46 am

76ciology wrote:..and FWIW, I don't think Griffin makes sense. Unless we are some part of a three way. Maybe we let Clipps know that we can absorb contracts to make a potential deal possible. But I really doubt we are going for Griffin.

See I think this makes the most sense. Our role in a clips trade would be to absorb some unwanted salary for a minor asset in the deal. Not sure what that is tho :)

I think one of the best places for Griffin to land would be ORL. It would take a 3rd team, not sure that it would be us...

ORL: T.Harris, Gordon, (Mario or unprotected 1st)
orl: gets Griffin

lac: Griffin + minor stuffs
LAC: T.Harris + 3rd team

3rd team: Stuff
3rd team: Gordon + (Mario or 1st)
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#87 » by 51X3RF4N » Mon Feb 8, 2016 1:40 pm

So this is quickly turning into a fantasy thread, I was hoping there would be some more news eventually other than 1 unconfirmed tweet. I doubt this truly has any legs to it at all.

Good to hear the Sixers name linked to a star though, that is exciting.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?

Return to Philadelphia 76ers