ImageImageImage

Sixers looking into getting a ATLT PG? (RUMOR)

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

MatthewGeigerII
Bench Warmer
And1: 219

Re: Sixers looking into getting a ATLT PG? (RUMOR) 

Post#21 » by MatthewGeigerII » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:55 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:If they got Schroder for the OKC pick and a future protected (2018?) 1st round pick, would anyone be upset about that? I feel like that would be the offer. Not that ATL would bite on it, but I feel like Hinkie knows value pretty well, and always seems to get great value in return on his deals (minus this last one with Ish).

wouldn't be upset with getting rid of the OKC pick in any deal this deadline. it's not a deep draft at all and that pick is 100% going to convert basically now... so it's probably as valuable as an early second in other drafts.

i would look to trade that to any team that doesn't have a pick this year or is rebuilding.

with that being said i doubt it gets your dennis unless the second pick is like next years sixers 1st top 8 protected or something... something where atl thinks theyll have a shot at a high pick - MCW/hinkie style.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#22 » by Ericb5 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:41 am

roma258 wrote:
lotto29 wrote:
roma258 wrote:They might want one our picks. I could see a Lakers pick for Shroder being put on the table. Which would be interesting....

No, it wouldn't be interesting. It would be insane to offer that much value for a guy that is a backup and plays against other teams benches. Yeah, he's young but he's going to need a extension next season and he's very inconsistent. Lakers pick for him would be a huge mistake. Dear god, a big one.

Lol, well that's like your opinion man. Schroder is 22, Dunn who is the likely target for us with the 4th pick is 21. We know that Schroder can play in the NBA, can Dunn? Is Dunn's upside any higher than Shroder's? It's just a thought experiment no need to freak out.

I like Schroder, but I just think that Dunn has more talent.

Also, I don't think that Dunn is great value at 4 either. For example, I don't like him as much as Gordon, Exum, Smart or Randle who went 4-7 in 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
roma258
Analyst
And1: 901

Post#23 » by roma258 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:36 pm

Ericb5 wrote:
roma258 wrote:
lotto29 wrote:No, it wouldn't be interesting. It would be insane to offer that much value for a guy that is a backup and plays against other teams benches. Yeah, he's young but he's going to need a extension next season and he's very inconsistent. Lakers pick for him would be a huge mistake. Dear god, a big one.

Lol, well that's like your opinion man. Schroder is 22, Dunn who is the likely target for us with the 4th pick is 21. We know that Schroder can play in the NBA, can Dunn? Is Dunn's upside any higher than Shroder's? It's just a thought experiment no need to freak out.

I like Schroder, but I just think that Dunn has more talent.

Also, I don't think that Dunn is great value at 4 either. For example, I don't like him as much as Gordon, Exum, Smart or Randle who went 4-7 in 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Well, it's not a great draft class so....
Liberté, égalité, lotteré
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,183

Post#24 » by ProcessDoctor » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:22 pm

Am I missing something with Schroder? I don't see what the appeal is there.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Batum/Oubre/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#25 » by CoreyGallagher » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:25 pm

sixers238 wrote:Am I missing something with Schroder? I don't see what the appeal is there.

He has broad shoulders.
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#26 » by 76ciology » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:35 pm

Jerami for Schroeder. What do u guys think?
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Agnostifarian
Veteran
And1: 705

Post#27 » by Agnostifarian » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:05 pm

76ciology wrote:Jerami for Schroeder. What do u guys think?

That is probably reasonable but I think Grant has a higher ceiling especially if his 3 Pt shooting improves. I prefer to keep Grant and draft a PG with the LAL or MIA pick.
“This may be one of the best jobs in basketball right now,” Colangelo said at a press conference introducing him as the new GM of the 76ers after Sam Hinkie resigned.
bedjawII
Pro Prospect
And1: 160

Post#28 » by bedjawII » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:22 pm

DS is a nice player but I'm not going to get all warm n fuzzy over him. He's not a needle mover.
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#29 » by CoreyGallagher » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:25 pm

Idk, but this post made me realize that I value Grant more than Covington.
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
Agnostifarian
Veteran
And1: 705

Post#30 » by Agnostifarian » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:34 pm

CoreyGallagher wrote:

Idk, but this post made me realize that I value Grant more than Covington.

I agree. Both players are under extremely friendly team deals through 2017/18 but Grant is four years younger. IMO, Grant brings a more consistent contribution. RC3 is streaky. I think RC3 is more valuable to a team making a move for this year's stretch run.
“This may be one of the best jobs in basketball right now,” Colangelo said at a press conference introducing him as the new GM of the 76ers after Sam Hinkie resigned.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#31 » by 76ciology » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:25 pm

FYI, schroeder is averaging 2ORPM 18ppg 8apg 1.7spg 1.8made 3s per 36. Potential Reggie Jackson improvement if he plays for us.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
OleSchool
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,344

Post#32 » by OleSchool » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:08 pm

76ciology wrote:FYI, schroeder is averaging 2ORPM 18ppg 8apg 1.7spg 1.8made 3s per 36. Potential Reggie Jackson improvement if he plays for us.

Or expose his flaws more.

Im always leery of guys who look great coming off the bench. Not saying Dennis isn't capable of being a starter but, just leery if he can make that jump
NYSixersFan wrote:quite simply, If I were GM, We would have a good young playoff team right now; with cap flexibility going forward

NYSixersFan wrote:I'D BE more then happy to debate you or anyone else on specifics

NYSixersFan wrote:How can I give you specifics? I'm not talking to other GM's
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,121

Post#33 » by Arsenal » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:34 pm

76ciology wrote:FYI, schroeder is averaging 2ORPM 18ppg 8apg 1.7spg 1.8made 3s per 36. Potential Reggie Jackson improvement if he plays for us.

He can't shoot. .504 TS is really bad. And that is on a good team with good players around him. That number would likely go down with us.

We need a PG who can shoot, and have enough guys who can't.

Schroder is going to go from being a nice little asset into an overpaid bad contract as soon as his rookie deal is up.

So I pass unless we get him for a marginal asset like the OKC pick.
76ers
Bench Warmer
And1: 773

Post#34 » by 76ers » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:07 pm

I have more of an interest in Schroder than Teague, but it depends on the asking price for Schroder. It's been mentioned already but he can't shoot either. That's a problem.
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,984

Post#35 » by spikeslovechild » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:20 pm

Arsenal wrote:

He can't shoot. .504 TS is really bad. And that is on a good team with good players around him. That number would likely go down with us.

We need a PG who can shoot, and have enough guys who can't.

Schroder is going to go from being a nice little asset into an overpaid bad contract as soon as his rookie deal is up.

So I pass unless we get him for a marginal asset like the OKC pick.

That is the main issue you are moving a future asset for someone who will get expensive after next year who hasn't yet proved he is worth that large contract.

To me anyways it makes much more sense to see how the draft plays out and throw money at Clarkson. See where that gets you and if you still can't get a PG then maybe you circle back to Schroder.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,704

Post#36 » by the_process » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:56 pm

Clarkson and Schröder cannot shoot. I'd pass unless they come very cheaply.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,732

Post#37 » by Mik317 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:50 pm

Schroder is a classic case of a guy who could blossom as the man ...or crumble. Reggie Jackson is a great example of that (Harden too but expectig anyone to become that good is a bit much). I thought he'd be bad...he has shown that given the opprutunity he was able to actually grow.

Sometimes just getting a chance is all some players need. We have seen that on a smaller level w/ Ish. He's still not the answer but I don't think getting another job will be as hard as it was in the past.

Schroder has all the tools. He's young. And we still need creators. Not saying sell the farm for dude...but we need to start taking chances. Its weird to see how stingy and gunshy everyone is around here. To get good we are going to need to make risky ass moves. This isn't even close to that.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,704

Post#38 » by the_process » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:02 pm

Mik317 wrote:Schroder is a classic case of a guy who could blossom as the man ...or crumble. Reggie Jackson is a great example of that (Harden too but expectig anyone to become that good is a bit much). I thought he'd be bad...he has shown that given the opprutunity he was able to actually grow.

Sometimes just getting a chance is all some players need. We have seen that on a smaller level w/ Ish. He's still not the answer but I don't think getting another job will be as hard as it was in the past.

Schroder has all the tools. He's young. And we still need creators. Not saying sell the farm for dude...but we need to start taking chances. Its weird to see how stingy and gunshy everyone is around here. To get good we are going to need to make risky ass moves. This isn't even close to that.

It depends on what you think as risk. I would like to risk big on shooters. For example, the Laker pick for Devin Booker. I'd probably even add to that a little.
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,984

Post#39 » by spikeslovechild » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:22 am

oyoyer wrote:
Mik317 wrote:Schroder is a classic case of a guy who could blossom as the man ...or crumble. Reggie Jackson is a great example of that (Harden too but expectig anyone to become that good is a bit much). I thought he'd be bad...he has shown that given the opprutunity he was able to actually grow.

It depends on what you think as risk. I would like to risk big on shooters. For example, the Laker pick for Devin Booker. I'd probably even add to that a little.

I would like to point out Devin Booker PER is 12.18 that's because while he can shoot he can't do anything else on the offensive side of the ball. He was also putting those numbers up as a backup against backups. His defense is still terrible and since he's been inserted into the starting lineup his 3PT% and FG% isn't that much better then Clarkson or Schroder for that matter.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#40 » by Foshan » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:34 am

If the LAL pick conveys and we end up with an Ingram & Murray/Brown draft, I'd be much more inclined to move RC3 in a deal for him.

I'm surprised at how much I'm really starting to like Grant.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers