ImageImageImage

Official Bryan Colangelo thread (for Hinkie talk, use the Hinkie thread)

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Re: Official Bryan Colangelo thread (for Hinkie talk, use the Hinkie thread) 

Post#481 » by 76ciology » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:06 am

I like how we added much needed wing depth
- TLC
- Hendo (not much of a fan but he's solid some times)
- Justin Anderson (probably the 2nd-3rd best wing we got in the last 3-4 seasons, it's not saying much)

We were playing around an endless loop of Hollis and JaKarr. At some point I thought not getting wing depth was one of the failures of our rebuild, until we found a gem in RoCo.

I guess Holmes replaces Noel. Then Saric replaces Ilyasova, who was a plus player for us most times. While the bad Saric is replaced by Shawn Long, which I think is a developing shooter, rebounder and defensive player. Maybe Tiago replaces Okafor. Stretch 4 for 48 mins is the new norm. It also gives us much needed spacing on the floor.

Unlike before, the lack of PG issue wasn't a problem this season. Sergio and TJ stepped up big time, specially TJ.

Overall, most of our roster are shooters and more NBA caliber type guys. I also like how RoCo, TJ and Holmes improvement. We don't really have a glaring position we lack. Ben Simmons and our 2017 pick would further strengthen the PG and wings position, depending on what position they play and who we pick.

Our roster and the way we play has more direction than ever. Our offense is way more better and not just kamikaze drives and jacking up 3s. And we're going to get much better once our much anticipated core plays.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
spaceballer
Head Coach
And1: 2,707

Post#482 » by spaceballer » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:57 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

BC scouting for another Euro like Sergio to add to roster next season? Coincidentally, Barganani, who BC drafted first overall is on Baskonia as well, I think. Though I cannot imagine Bargs returning to the NBA right now, and I doubt he is a target.
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#483 » by agiaco » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:33 pm

It appears Colangelo is indeed watching Teodosic along with a few other teams.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,045

Post#484 » by Sixerscan » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:09 am

Will never really get over with how he got the job, but if this is really the trade, Bryan you are ok in my book.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,742

Post#485 » by Sixersftw » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:10 am

Today we spell redemption B-R-Y-A-N.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,703

Post#486 » by the_process » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:50 am

Well, BC, you certainly made up for the Noel deal. You beat Danny Ainge in a trade. You got who should be the perfect complimentary piece to Embiid and Simmons in Fultz. I think it's fair to say you've earned some trust from the fan base now.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,419

Post#487 » by Eyeamok » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:09 am

Sixerscan wrote:Will never really get over with how he got the job, but if this is really the trade, Bryan you are ok in my book.

I came here to say exactly that.

I wil add "for now" though.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,713

Post#488 » by 76thBearCub » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:14 am

It feels like a great win but we of all fans should know you have to get the talent out on the court.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#489 » by 76ciology » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:15 am

Always trust the snake
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#490 » by LongLiveHinkie » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:15 am

Out here we pop them collaz. Out here we get them dollaz
smittybanton
Sixth Man
And1: 398

Post#491 » by smittybanton » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:21 am

Good job, sir.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,808

Post#492 » by Stanford » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:24 pm

Ya done good, big guy.
shlo
Junior
And1: 247

Post#493 » by shlo » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:32 pm

Sixersftw wrote:Today we spell redemption B-R-Y-A-N.

I'm pretty sure Colangelo is going to blow this. Don't really think Fultz is worth giving up a high lottery pick. But even if he is, Colangelo's about to blow it by giving a contract to JJ Reddick, who is going to be 33 next year.
jbent87
Veteran
And1: 1,202

Post#494 » by jbent87 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:33 pm

shlo wrote:
Sixersftw wrote:Today we spell redemption B-R-Y-A-N.

I'm pretty sure Colangelo is going to blow this. Don't really think Fultz is worth giving up a high lottery pick. But even if he is, Colangelo's about to blow it by giving a contract to JJ Reddick, who is going to be 33 next year.

take it easy. this team is good enough to win now, so let them win. they need veterans too, so add veterans. they need shooting too, so get the guy who does all of that. Stop crying. a JJ Reddick contract isn't going to hamper anything, it's going to help the development of our young studs/nucleus by providing much needed court space.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#495 » by 76ciology » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:39 pm

At some point we were going to sacrifice some value to make the team much better.

Lose the battle but win the war.
dilbert719
Sixth Man
And1: 128

Post#496 » by dilbert719 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:00 pm

I'm here for my serving of crow. I still think Hinkie should have been allowed to complete what he started, but Colangelo has been more than a pleasant surprise in his dealings. Very well done indeed, ensuring that we cannot lose the #1 pick if we ping pong our way into it over the next two years.
Bryan Colangelo Elton Brand: The Cause of, and Solution to, All of Life's Problems

Daryl Morey: The Solution to All of Life's Problems
smittybanton
Sixth Man
And1: 398

Post#497 » by smittybanton » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:12 pm

Jeff Zillgitt: Danny Ainge said Philly’s offer was the best offer we had “by a significant margin.” – via Twitter JeffZillgitt

Chris Forsberg: Danny Ainge: “The player that we will eventually draft at 3 is the player that we would have drafted at 1.” – via Twitter ESPNForsberg
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,983

Post#498 » by spikeslovechild » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:13 pm

smittybanton wrote:
Jeff Zillgitt: Danny Ainge said Philly’s offer was the best offer we had “by a significant margin.” – via Twitter JeffZillgitt

Chris Forsberg: Danny Ainge: “The player that we will eventually draft at 3 is the player that we would have drafted at 1.” – via Twitter ESPNForsberg

And the revisionist history begins.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,745

Post#499 » by Negrodamus » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:28 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:
smittybanton wrote:

And the revisionist history begins.

I will say this, while I do think Fultz is going to be a stud offensive player, I won't say that he's better than the field. I can see someone other than Fultz being the best player in this draft. Problem is, this definitely feels like a draft where you can get a Jimmy Butler, Draymond Green, etc. a lot of very talented seniors and upperclassmen. Then you have untapped potential like Zach Collins. This one is a real crapshoot, but I do think Fultz is guaranteed to be great on at least one side of the court.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,792

Post#500 » by XtremeDunkz » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:34 pm

This trade makes up for the terrible Noel trade. Bryan is back on even ground for me.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers