ImageImageImage

Official Bryan Colangelo thread (for Hinkie talk, use the Hinkie thread)

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

mksp
Analyst
And1: 2,485

Re: Official Bryan Colangelo thread (for Hinkie talk, use the Hinkie thread) 

Post#461 » by mksp » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:39 pm

Bryan Colangelo is going to be a real problem for this franchise.

If you're Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons, or Brett Brown, how can you trust this guy to run the team?

Hinkie put everything into place, and now we're heading down a really dark path because an incompetent caricature of an NBA GM was born with the right last name.
KKell2507
Starter
And1: 507

Post#462 » by KKell2507 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:50 pm

Where is Colangelo and why hasnt he spoken yet? I want answers
plead.5th
Sixth Man
And1: 27

Post#463 » by plead.5th » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:55 pm

Class action lawsuit against the NBA and ownership to get to the bottom of this.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,776

Post#464 » by Skates » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:31 pm

Embiid already doesn't trust him, that much is clear.
kriss73
Analyst
And1: 1,811

Post#465 » by kriss73 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:00 pm

How many second round picks did Coangelo collect in the first 5 months of his career in Philly?

By my count 7:

- Pleiss trade ->2
- J.Grant -> 2
- Ilyasova -> 1 + swap
- Noel ->2

am I missing anything?

And people crucified Hinkie for his "Second round picks collection"?

LOL
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,718

Post#466 » by 76thBearCub » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:55 pm

I was somebody saying to give him a chance. Well, i was naive i guess. First real move and he **** his bed.

Sent from my LGL62VL using RealGM mobile app
LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#467 » by LongLiveHinkie » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:56 pm

Press conference tomorrow at 10:30.

I'll summarize ahead of time the basic bullet points:

-Because of the previous executive creating a glut of big men, it made it hard to negotiate from a position of strength and hurt Noel's value. But we want to create roster balance and put the money he would get in free agency in other areas.

-This trade was just as much about getting Justin Anderson as anything else. We love his potential and see big things from him. Our scouts love him. We think we got equal value because we really love Justin Anderson.

-We are glad to have Okafor back. He's been a pro through all this, and we never were dead set on trading him. There are misleading reports out there. I said from the beginning we would only move him in the right deal.

-No timetable on Ben Simmons.

-(When asked)No, we're not tanking. With Saric getting more minutes, and bringing in Justin Anderson, we're still trying to win.

That should sum up tomorrow's conference neatly.
HankTheTank
Pro Prospect
And1: 558

Post#468 » by HankTheTank » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:02 am

I want Simmons scan news. Concerned that if they had good news they'd be in a rush to report it.
*GENIUS*
Hinkie graduated summa cum laude with a 4.0 GPA from the Univ of Oklahoma and was named one of the top-60 undergrad students in the nation by USA TODAY. He holds an MBA from Stanford, graduating with highest honors as an Arjay Miller Scholar.
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#469 » by PhilasFinest » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:06 am

LongLiveHinkie wrote:Press conference tomorrow at 10:30.

I'll summarize ahead of time the basic bullet points:

-Because of the previous executive creating a glut of big men, it made it hard to negotiate from a position of strength and hurt Noel's value. But we want to create roster balance and put the money he would get in free agency in other areas.

-This trade was just as much about getting Justin Anderson as anything else. We love his potential and see big things from him. Our scouts love him. We think we got equal value because we really love Justin Anderson.

-We are glad to have Okafor back. He's been a pro through all this, and we never were dead set on trading him. There are misleading reports out there. I said from the beginning we would only move him in the right deal.

-No timetable on Ben Simmons.

-(When asked)No, we're not tanking. With Saric getting more minutes, and bringing in Justin Anderson, we're still trying to win.

That should sum up tomorrow's conference neatly.

Yup lol. Sounds about right, but also Kinda makes sense too.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
kukenotas
Junior
And1: 71

Post#470 » by kukenotas » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:35 am

Ok snake has to get fired. Im living in aquard world- Trump gets attacked for keeping his election promisses, and bc gets away with making everything opposite what he promossed to us.
1. Promissed better media relations- even hinkie gave more interviews.
2. Played injured biid and almost sabitaged everything.
3. Said wont do a bad trade just to trade- made one.
4. Came to eliminate issue with center position- we had 4 centers now we have 5.
5. No 1 pick simmons out for season after 6 weeks injury.
6. Tanking should be over and we are still tanking more than we were before.
7.we are tanking hardly and have same team as last year- ticket prices increased? Why i have to pay double as we were to see exact same team was last year with almost same players and same goals - loose everything.
8. We have gm who didnt want this job and cried all over media that he wanted nets job.
F snakes !

Sent from my LG-H811 using RealGM mobile app
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Post#471 » by Black Mage » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:02 am

First off, I am a life long Hinkie-ite. I also dislike the Colangelos.

That being said, I don't think Bryan's roster moves have been all that bad.

1. He brought in Sergio, Henderson and Bayless. All three were bargain signings and he avoided the nutty numbers going to flotsam like Crabbe or Lin or others. It really was a poor FA class last summer. Perhaps he could have gone harder for Barnes, but I don't think many felt he would blossom as much as he has in Dallas.

2. He made sound to good trades for the most part. Pleiss was a straight Hinkie move. Grant for Ersan and a potential 1st was great value. Getting 2 seconds for a slumping and soon to be UFA Ersan was solid.

3. The vets he brought in did appear to help stabilize and mature our younger core. Ersan allowed Saric to get acclimated. Same for Sergio with McConnell. Henderson... well he does live game demonstrations of stupid rookie mistakes the young guys should avoid.

Where Bryan has struggled:

1. I won't kill him for the last year trade deadline rumored trade Hinkie set up, that was killed by Jerry.

2. His main issue is he seems to have missed timed the big man trade window and it cost him a lot of leverage. Then again, we really don't know when the Sixer's knew with certainty that Embiid was healed and ready to play. So perhaps he hoped to hedge his bets, hold the bigs and make sure Embiid was playing. However, once Embiid showcased his talent and was better than expected it definitely damaged our leverage.

3. The Noel trade was logical for why it was done. If the team felt they wouldnt/couldn't match expected RFA market then they had to trade to get some value. Where I think he falls short, particularly in comparison to Hinkie, is he doesn't have the patience to take a longer approach. Perhaps he could have gotten a pick swap in 2018 or 2019 and if it wasn't used then convert it to two seconds. If he had done that I think we would all be okay with the Noel trade.

4. He did botch the handling of Okafor. Then again, Hinkie did botch that pick to some degree as well. So I kinda give him a pass, he got handed that mess and it isn't an easy one to clean up. Thankfully he realized time is on his side, at least until this off season, so he didn't panic trade him today.

Overall, I wasn't happy about Noel trade, I felt we could have squeezed a bit more, but, Bryan's moves for the most part have been solid. Though I still think Hinkie would have done better, the league killed that and I won't hold Bryan at fault for it. I will give Bryan one more off season to see what he can do before passing final judgment.
PLO
Analyst
And1: 1,305

Post#472 » by PLO » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:58 pm

What time is this press conference on?
LakersDynasty14 wrote:Lonzo Ball is literally on a Hall of Fame trajectory at this point. This thread is so full of fail.

shakes0 wrote:I hope they put Simmons on Trae. He'll foul him out by the 3rd quarter. plus Simmons can't stay in front of Trae. No one can.
kriss73
Analyst

Post#473 » by kriss73 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:05 pm

PLO wrote:What time is this press conference on?

10:30 AM
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
HankTheTank
Pro Prospect
And1: 558

Post#474 » by HankTheTank » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:08 pm

HankTheTank wrote:I want Simmons scan news. Concerned that if they had good news they'd be in a rush to report it.

I will answer my own question. I guess no news is awful news if the rumors are true.

Furthermore, I'm really bothered by the way the Noel trade was communicated. It's as if the trade was agreed upon -- Anderson + 2 2nds-- but Colangelo asked Dallas to partner in fraud with that never will convey fake 1st rounder. Very unsettling.
*GENIUS*
Hinkie graduated summa cum laude with a 4.0 GPA from the Univ of Oklahoma and was named one of the top-60 undergrad students in the nation by USA TODAY. He holds an MBA from Stanford, graduating with highest honors as an Arjay Miller Scholar.
snoopdogg88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,111

Post#475 » by snoopdogg88 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:10 pm

They will announce Simmons is out for the season today
kriss73
Analyst

Post#476 » by kriss73 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:08 pm

To sum up:
- bone marrow for Simmons is the last option before a bone graf surgery;
- Embiid status unknown, the worst case scenario is a knee surgery;
- Brown talking only about basket games and Colangelo simply not talking to the media.

What else is going to happen? Is the Liberty Bell still in Philly or someone did stole it?
doctor him
Assistant Coach
And1: 421

Post#477 » by doctor him » Wed Mar 1, 2017 3:27 pm

Here's my issue with Mr. Colangelo in a nutshell by the following announcement.

The Warriors this morning said that Kevin Durrant has a grade 2 MCL sprain and a bone bruise and will be out a minimum of 4 weeks before being re-evaluated. The speculation is that the earliest he could be back on the court is the 1st round of the playoffs.

KD was hurt...what?...12 hours ago and the MRI is in and a statement and the plan forward has already been released to the fanbase.

How much is one of those California MRI machines and can we order a couple of them for our team? Because we've gone months without even a clear statement of what's going on with our players' rehab.

Add to that the debacle of trying to con the fanbase with the faux 1st rounder from Dallas and I have to ask the following question:

"Do they think we're stupid or something? Do they believe we know nothing of the sport we follow?"

Because that's how we're bring treated. Like we're stupid.

And I do not abide that.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#478 » by Ericb5 » Wed Mar 1, 2017 5:06 pm

doctor him wrote:Here's my issue with Mr. Colangelo in a nutshell by the following announcement.

The Warriors this morning said that Kevin Durrant has a grade 2 MCL sprain and a bone bruise and will be out a minimum of 4 weeks before being re-evaluated. The speculation is that the earliest he could be back on the court is the 1st round of the playoffs.

KD was hurt...what?...12 hours ago and the MRI is in and a statement and the plan forward has already been released to the fanbase.

How much is one of those California MRI machines and can we order a couple of them for our team? Because we've gone months without even a clear statement of what's going on with our players' rehab.

Add to that the debacle of trying to con the fanbase with the faux 1st rounder from Dallas and I have to ask the following question:

"Do they think we're stupid or something? Do they believe we know nothing of the sport we follow?"

Because that's how we're bring treated. Like we're stupid.

And I do not abide that.

This is a really fair criticism that I think nails him squarely. If they can communicate Durant's situation that quickly in OKC, then surely we could do the same for Embiid.

Especially considering the fact that Embiid has a known injury that they are just checking the status on. With Durant it was completely fresh and new, and they communicated a diagnosis, and minimum number of games missed.

I understand that there is always difficulty setting a target return date, but I minimum games missed mark shouldn't be that hard to acknowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jbent87
Veteran
And1: 1,202

Post#479 » by jbent87 » Wed Mar 1, 2017 7:21 pm

expecting results from the scan this afternoon/tonight. Which is never good. Hope Brett is ready for the firing squad, again.
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach
And1: 395

Post#480 » by SparksFly87 » Sat Mar 4, 2017 1:04 am

I like the Justin Anderson pick up. He is a hustla .

Return to Philadelphia 76ers