Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

PhillyRocks1
Junior
And1: 9

Re: Overstepping his role? 

Post#21 » by PhillyRocks1 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:23 pm

Easymoney wrote:
PhillyRocks1 wrote:
Because it's probably going to be another 3-4 years before they even sniff if they will be a contender.

So you're telling me the fact we own the Kings pick through 2019 (except for 2018) is the reason Hinkie's no longer a GM? I am confused.

We could win 50+ games in 2019 and still have a lottery pick because of that movie. Do you realize how valuable it would be to add a lottery pick to a 50+ win team? Do you realize how valuable it would be to have a pick outside of the lottery next year (Bryan Colangelo moves) and still have the ability to swap with the Kings to get back in?

This team is set up in so many different ways that it would take an idiot to completely screw everything up.

I actually think if Hinkie was still in charge they would be in the lottery on their own merit.
James40
Veteran
And1: 1,048

Post#22 » by James40 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:34 pm

Unbreakable99 wrote:
Bigballer74 wrote:If BC goes out and builds this team into a real contender, there's no way I'm giving credit to Hinkie. Thank for creating cap room aND acquiring the picks, but he had no clue what to do with any of it. I believe it was one of the Colangelos who said last week, you don't just get 7yrs to keep losing hoping to get a LeBron.

It's like Ed Wade and the Phillies. He drafted the Howards and Utleys, but it took Gillick to put the pieces together and bring in the glue to make it all stick. Nobody gives Wade credit for that championship, he helped but he doesn't get the credit. Neither will Hinkie.

Yeah because Hinkie was just planning to tank 7 years never trying to win :roll:

Actually, no one knows how long Hinkie was going to tank. They shouldn't have gotten worse but somehow they managed too. Whether that's Hinkie or BB, who knows?, but BB didn't quit.

Look at his resignation letter, he was either fried or crazy.
Easymoney
Junior
And1: 171

Post#23 » by Easymoney » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:34 pm

I find it hard to believe that Hinkie would try to tank again next season when he would've been on the last year of his contract. He would've needed to show some progress.

I though his letter made perfect sense btw.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#24 » by Ericb5 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:21 pm

James40 wrote:
Unbreakable99 wrote:
Bigballer74 wrote:If BC goes out and builds this team into a real contender, there's no way I'm giving credit to Hinkie. Thank for creating cap room aND acquiring the picks, but he had no clue what to do with any of it. I believe it was one of the Colangelos who said last week, you don't just get 7yrs to keep losing hoping to get a LeBron.

It's like Ed Wade and the Phillies. He drafted the Howards and Utleys, but it took Gillick to put the pieces together and bring in the glue to make it all stick. Nobody gives Wade credit for that championship, he helped but he doesn't get the credit. Neither will Hinkie.

Yeah because Hinkie was just planning to tank 7 years never trying to win :roll:

Actually, no one knows how long Hinkie was going to tank. They shouldn't have gotten worse but somehow they managed too. Whether that's Hinkie or BB, who knows?, but BB didn't quit.

Look at his resignation letter, he was either fried or crazy.

There is zero reason to think that Hinkie was going to tank for a 4th year. First of all there is no reason to tank for another year, but more importantly, he stated in the Lowe podcast that they planned on spending a **** load in free agency, which is obviously anti tank.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Bigballer74
Sophomore
And1: 93

Post#25 » by Bigballer74 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:55 pm

Agnostifarian wrote:

You think Sam sucked. Put it in your signature.

I don't think Hinkie sucked at all! He did what we needed done. He cleared out the garbage and set the table for a new era. We will see if BC serves us microwave meals or steak and potatoes.
Agnostifarian
Veteran
And1: 705

Post#26 » by Agnostifarian » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:26 pm

Bigballer74 wrote:
Agnostifarian wrote:
Bigballer74 wrote:If BC goes out and builds this team into a real contender, there's no way I'm giving credit to Hinkie. Thank for creating cap room aND acquiring the picks, but he had no clue what to do with any of it.I believe it was one of the Colangelos who said last week, you don't just get 7yrs to keep losing hoping to get a LeBron.

I don't think Hinkie sucked at all! He did what we needed done. He cleared out the garbage and set the table for a new era. We will see if BC serves us microwave meals or steak and potatoes.

Sam hoarded the assets which emphasized losing and availed us of more ping pong balls. That is why we have a war chest. It is not that Sam did not know what to do with the assets; Sam took no shortcuts. Trading two 2nds for Ish is a short cut and it took Daddy C about seven seconds, or less, to make that move.

I am willing to keep an open mind with respect to Sonny C. In fact, I am pulling for him 100%. However, he inherits all of Sam's fine work and there is no way that a serious person can withold giving AT LEAST SOME amount of credit to Sam for the results that follow.

The feckless ownership group is where all credit for future success must be withheld. They have been hapless and the very best next thing that can happen for 76ers fans is the sale of this team.
“This may be one of the best jobs in basketball right now,” Colangelo said at a press conference introducing him as the new GM of the 76ers after Sam Hinkie resigned.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#27 » by Ericb5 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:14 pm

Agnostifarian wrote:
Bigballer74 wrote:
Agnostifarian wrote:

Sam hoarded the assets which emphasized losing and availed us of more ping pong balls. That is why we have a war chest. It is not that Sam did not know what to do with the assets; Sam took no shortcuts. Trading two 2nds for Ish is a short cut and it took Daddy C about seven seconds, or less, to make that move.

I am willing to keep an open mind with respect to Sonny C. In fact, I am pulling for him 100%. However, he inherits all of Sam's fine work and there is no way that a serious person can withold giving AT LEAST SOME amount of credit to Sam for the results that follow.

The feckless ownership group is where all credit for future success must be withheld. They have been hapless and the very best next thing that can happen for 76ers fans is the sale of this team.

BC will deserve credit for making good choices with the assets that Sam provided, but he never would have been able to amass these assets without Sam.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to Philadelphia 76ers