RealGM
And1: 19,105

Re: 2016 Draft -- 1/ 24 / 26 

Post#461 » by Kobblehead » Thu May 26, 2016 2:45 pm

PhilasFinest wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:I dont know if this was posted from yesterday:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/status/735235248145993728[/tweet]

That was very Tony Wroten esq.

Except he actually finished after getting to the rim, lol. Tony would have probably front rimmed it.
Agnostifarian
Veteran
And1: 705

Post#462 » by Agnostifarian » Thu May 26, 2016 2:45 pm

PhilasFinest wrote:
oyoyer wrote:
Agnostifarian wrote:
Guilty.

I hope Bryan's reverence for educational effort and accomplishment leads to some hard questions for the Simmons child.

I think this is a valid point that needs to be addressed as well as LSU declining the NIT.

Bryan gets a pass for skipping out for his kid as long as the Sixers sent someone.

LSU coach was on the radio the other day and said they declined the NIT because the team wasn't healthy enough (Mentioned Hornsby and Blakeney) and he didn't think it would be fair to drag them in so beat up.

Johnny Jones is on the Simmons' payroll. His role was to protect Ben from scrutiny and ensure that he become the number one pick.
“This may be one of the best jobs in basketball right now,” Colangelo said at a press conference introducing him as the new GM of the 76ers after Sam Hinkie resigned.
WVU
Rookie
And1: 759

Post#463 » by WVU » Thu May 26, 2016 3:26 pm

Melo Trimble returning to Maryland
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#464 » by PhilasFinest » Thu May 26, 2016 4:47 pm

Agnostifarian wrote:
PhilasFinest wrote:
oyoyer wrote:
I think this is a valid point that needs to be addressed as well as LSU declining the NIT.

Bryan gets a pass for skipping out for his kid as long as the Sixers sent someone.

LSU coach was on the radio the other day and said they declined the NIT because the team wasn't healthy enough (Mentioned Hornsby and Blakeney) and he didn't think it would be fair to drag them in so beat up.

Johnny Jones is on the Simmons' payroll. His role was to protect Ben from scrutiny and ensure that he become the number one pick.

And you think Simmons or anyone else involved with him is going to say anything different in a interview with BC?
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
PhilasFinest
RealGM

Post#465 » by PhilasFinest » Thu May 26, 2016 4:49 pm

Agnostifarian wrote:Off topic (kind of): So, Jamaal Murray and Brandon Ingram held a private workout and Bryan Colangelo skipped it for his son's grammar school graduation? Call me a heartless bastard but I am displeased.

It was actually High School. At pretty big accomplishment that any legitimate father would want to see.

"Managing owner Josh Harris, coach Brett Brown and vice president of player personnel Marc Eversley were among the Sixers contingent on hand. President of basketball operation Bryan Colangelo attended his son’s high school graduation in Toronto."

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/sixers/Sixers-well-represented-at-Ingram-Murray-workout.html#UIPOqrSmxR6o8f3K.99

Your foolish to think this workout held by agents has any legit weight on the actual decision on drafting either player.

They were in a gym, shooting jumpers against nobody. No competitive stuff, nothing but a showcase of skills in a controlled environment against nobody.

BC was there when Ingram was interviewed in Chicago and I'm sure he will be there when Ingram comes to Philly prior to the draft and works out. Cant believe people seriously are trying to hold this against the guy.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#466 » by Kobblehead » Thu May 26, 2016 4:51 pm

WVU wrote:Melo Trimble returning to Maryland

Which is for the best, IMO. He grew slightly as a facilitator and regressed significantly as a scorer. Nobody will ever confuse him for a defender, but if he continues to grow as a facilitator while regaining and enhancing his ability to score, he'll be a pretty coveted piece in the 2017 Draft.
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#467 » by Unbreakable99 » Thu May 26, 2016 5:36 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/nyloncalculus/status/735877415222845441[/tweet]

Murray and Dunn don't rate too high on this model. Ellenson does.
Agnostifarian
Veteran

Post#468 » by Agnostifarian » Thu May 26, 2016 6:09 pm

PhilasFinest wrote:
Agnostifarian wrote:Off topic (kind of): So, Jamaal Murray and Brandon Ingram held a private workout and Bryan Colangelo skipped it for his son's grammar school graduation? Call me a heartless bastard but I am displeased.

It was actually High School. At pretty big accomplishment that any legitimate father would want to see.

"Managing owner Josh Harris, coach Brett Brown and vice president of player personnel Marc Eversley were among the Sixers contingent on hand. President of basketball operation Bryan Colangelo attended his son’s high school graduation in Toronto."

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/sixers/Sixers-well-represented-at-Ingram-Murray-workout.html#UIPOqrSmxR6o8f3K.99

Your foolish to think this workout held by agents has any legit weight on the actual decision on drafting either player.

They were in a gym, shooting jumpers against nobody. No competitive stuff, nothing but a showcase of skills in a controlled environment against nobody.

BC was there when Ingram was interviewed in Chicago and I'm sure he will be there when Ingram comes to Philly prior to the draft and works out. Cant believe people seriously are trying to hold this against the guy.

I don't consider graduating from high school to be a significant accomplishment unless the kid is giving a speech at commencement.
“This may be one of the best jobs in basketball right now,” Colangelo said at a press conference introducing him as the new GM of the 76ers after Sam Hinkie resigned.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,806

Post#469 » by Mik317 » Thu May 26, 2016 6:15 pm

like come on its his son. Its family, that should always take precedence over your job. Besides he has his staff there and probably will get private workouts with both guys. relax.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Unbreakable99
General Manager

Post#470 » by Unbreakable99 » Thu May 26, 2016 6:17 pm

I don't know how anyone can give BC grief for missing a workout to go to his son's graduation. This is ridiculous. There are many reasons to get on BC. This is not one of them.
WVU
Rookie
And1: 759

Post#471 » by WVU » Thu May 26, 2016 6:22 pm

Hinkie would have never done this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Agnostifarian
Veteran

Post#472 » by Agnostifarian » Thu May 26, 2016 6:27 pm

Mik317 wrote:like come on its his son. Its family, that should always take precedence over your job. Besides he has his staff there and probably will get private workouts with both guys. relax.

What will Junior get for his graduation? I hope he doesn't get a title like "Director of Scouting."
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#473 » by LloydFree » Thu May 26, 2016 6:28 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:Smart is trash. I'd rather keep Ish

Then you don't know basketball.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#474 » by Arsenal » Thu May 26, 2016 7:18 pm

Not a big fan of high level execs making millions of dollars a year prioritizing family over work. That's probably why he's so mediocre.

But hey, I'm not going to complain about it.
Renegade_H
Senior
And1: 302

Post#475 » by Renegade_H » Thu May 26, 2016 7:35 pm

I have no problem with him going to see his son graduate. I'm family over everything kind of guy though.

Not like we didn't have the appropriate staff to make the determination of how he looked.
Unbreakable99
General Manager

Post#476 » by Unbreakable99 » Thu May 26, 2016 7:46 pm

Arsenal wrote:Not a big fan of high level execs making millions of dollars a year prioritizing family over work. That's probably why he's so mediocre.

This is a ridiculous statement.
PhilasFinest
RealGM

Post#477 » by PhilasFinest » Thu May 26, 2016 7:46 pm

Agnostifarian wrote:
PhilasFinest wrote:

I don't consider graduating from high school to be a significant accomplishment unless the kid is giving a speech at commencement.

lol. If graduating from High School is not a significant accomplishment for a young kid, I don't know what to tell you man. Maybe one day you'll have a kid and realize the responsibilities that come along with it.

If BC blew off his son's high school graduation to watch a meaningless workout in a gym, then id be suspect of the dudes character.
PhilasFinest
RealGM

Post#478 » by PhilasFinest » Thu May 26, 2016 7:51 pm

Arsenal wrote:Not a big fan of high level execs making millions of dollars a year prioritizing family over work. That's probably why he's so mediocre.

How is a meaningless , non competitive workout in a controlled environment a "priority". This isn't even a private team conducted workout.

Multiple reps from the Sixers organization went and watched it. Im pretty sure they can report back to BC on how awesome they all looked drilling shots in the face of the lockdown defender known as Folding Chair.

Or BC could simply just watch a video of it, which are popping up all over the internet.

I can't believe the stones on some of these people. What a joke.
PhilasFinest
RealGM

Post#479 » by PhilasFinest » Thu May 26, 2016 7:57 pm

For anyone who attended their kid's graduation here's a link to the Brandon Ingram workout/interview:

Brandon Ingram 2016 NBA PreDraft Workout Video and Interview http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Brandon-Ingram-2016-NBA-Pre-Draft-Workout-Video-and-Interview-5516/
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#480 » by Kobblehead » Thu May 26, 2016 7:57 pm

If I understand this correctly, the workout in question is a mere display thing, right? Like there aren't even any team-represented instructors on the floor or anything conducting the drills.

I don't see how Colangelo has to be there for that. Deploying a team of guys to witness it is perfectly sufficient.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers