24%

Total votes: 88

sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Would you trade Noel for Dunn/Murray? 

Post#1 » by sixers4real » Tue May 24, 2016 1:56 am

I'll try another pool.
Dunn and Murray are top 6 to me so we have 4 teams we can offer Noel.
Basically my answers are
-trade Noel to Boston for Murray if we draft Simmons and try to get Avery Bradley from them.
-trade Noel to any team for Dunn in we draft Ingram.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Re: Would you trade Noel for Dunn/Murray? 

Post#2 » by Sixerscan » Tue May 24, 2016 2:09 am

Noel has one year left on his contract, really doubt he can get this kind of return.
wainseven
Junior
And1: 107

Post#3 » by wainseven » Tue May 24, 2016 2:12 am

We would be lucky if Noel could net us a top 10 pick. He has knee issues and is due to sign a big contract in one year.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#4 » by Sixerscan » Tue May 24, 2016 2:15 am

The more realistic scenario with Noel is probably to trade him for another guard in a similar contract situation. Bradley, Smart, Oladipo etc. If they trade for another top pick this year it will mostly likely be with Okafor and/or the future picks.
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#5 » by PhilasFinest » Tue May 24, 2016 2:24 am

Yes. Id trade Noel/24 for a top 5 pick.

Nothing against Noel. I actually am kinda curious as to how he and Simmons would fit considering Simmons' passing and Noel's ability to cut and finish.

That being said, Embiid set our build back 2 years. No way I'm coughing up 12-15+ million a year on an extension for Noel.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,527

Post#6 » by 76ciology » Tue May 24, 2016 2:26 am

Personally, you'll just go in circles doing the deal. I'll try to package him or Jah with other assets and go for higher quality/value players.

Once you get Dunn, you'll want a PG who can shoot. Ask kings or Wolves fans who are exposed to Rondo/Rubio at PG.

Murray I'd imagine is stauskas level on defense.

I'll put it out here again. I'm open to trade one of our bigs for a the Nets or Nuggets 2017 1st.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
sixers23
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Post#7 » by sixers23 » Tue May 24, 2016 2:26 am

PhilasFinest wrote:Yes. Id trade Noel/24 for a top 5 pick.

Nothing against Noel. I actually am kinda curious as to how he and Simmons would fit considering Simmons' passing and Noel's ability to cut and finish.

That being said, Embiid set our build back 2 years. No way I'm coughing up 12-15+ million a year on an extension for Noel.

why not? what else are we going to do with the money?
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Post#8 » by tk76 » Tue May 24, 2016 2:29 am

I'm a big fan of Noel. I hope he stays on the Sixers a long time, even if he never becomes the superstar we hoped for.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#9 » by Ericb5 » Tue May 24, 2016 2:30 am

wainseven wrote:We would be lucky if Noel could net us a top 10 pick. He has knee issues and is due to sign a big contract in one year.

What knee issues does he have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,509

Post#10 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Tue May 24, 2016 2:30 am

I would, but as stated earlier, I doubt Noel gets us a top five pick. I hate that it really does seem that one of them has to go, but it has to happen at this point in my opinion. Don't really want to let go of any of the bigs.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,106

Post#11 » by Kobblehead » Tue May 24, 2016 2:39 am

Nope. Noel is the dream contingency plan for Embiid.
PhilasFinest
RealGM

Post#12 » by PhilasFinest » Tue May 24, 2016 2:42 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:I would, but as stated earlier, I doubt Noel gets us a top five pick. I hate that it really does seem that one of them has to go, but it has to happen at this point in my opinion. Don't really want to let go of any of the bigs.

Agreed. Sucks we are in this predicament, but like you said....something has to be done very very soon. Even if Embiid can't return, Okafor and Noel are likely never going to be able to co-exist in an optimal setting long term. Its simply a matter of 1. who you prefer 2.who fits3.who has the most value for your need and 4.are you willing to spend money to keep Noel.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
PhilasFinest
RealGM

Post#13 » by PhilasFinest » Tue May 24, 2016 2:45 am

Imagining Simmons Noel Saric 2 athletic shooting perimeter players running the floor in transition and playing at a high pace could be a nightmare for teams.
LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#14 » by LongLiveHinkie » Tue May 24, 2016 2:48 am

I'm not a huge Noel fan, so I probably would, but it is risky. Problem is I'm not super high on Dunn/Murray, but if we could get value like that, it might be the last chance to get good value for Noel, because soon he'll have to be re-signed.
wainseven
Junior
And1: 107

Post#15 » by wainseven » Tue May 24, 2016 2:55 am

Ericb5 wrote:
wainseven wrote:We would be lucky if Noel could net us a top 10 pick. He has knee issues and is due to sign a big contract in one year.

I think teams will take his acl injury into consideration when gauging his trade value, even though it's just be a freak accident. He also has some minor nagging knee injuries like tendinitis here and there this season.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#16 » by Ericb5 » Tue May 24, 2016 3:00 am

wainseven wrote:
Ericb5 wrote:

I think teams will take his acl injury into consideration when gauging his trade value, even though it's just be a freak accident. He also has some minor nagging knee injuries like tendinitis here and there this season.

He is 100% and and just had two solid relatively healthy seasons in a row.

ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,194

Would you trade Noel for Dunn/Murray? 

Post#17 » by ProcessDoctor » Tue May 24, 2016 3:39 am

I said yes for Murray, and also voted for trading Okafor (preferred option.) I don't want to turn this into Noel v Okafor, but I think Noel is less redundant with Simmons/Embiid (even Ingram/Embiid). I also think it's more realistic for Noel to come off the bench if Embiid is healthy, yet also a better option to start next to Simmons if Embiid is a no-go. Add in the fact that Okafor can likely get a bigger return, and I think Okafor has to be the one traded. Looking at the teams drafting 3-6, I think he's worth that pick plus another player AND pick.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
UptownPhilly
Analyst
And1: 183

Post#18 » by UptownPhilly » Tue May 24, 2016 4:27 am

I'd trade Noel for Murray/Dunn. In fact, I'd drive him to the airport...and I live in Atlanta.
broseph13
Senior
And1: 170

Post#19 » by broseph13 » Tue May 24, 2016 11:24 am

Absolutely. I'd trade Noel for Dunn/Murray in a hot minute and would replace Noel with Holmes...who I think can develop into a much better player than Noel.
NJ SixerFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 951

Post#20 » by NJ SixerFan » Tue May 24, 2016 11:28 am

Kobblehead wrote:Nope. Noel is the dream contingency plan for Embiid.

Going to agree with this. Simmons is going to be the pick. Simmons and jah have the worst chances of working out. Jah also probably gets the better return. Also take a look at the cavs/raps series right now. Bis is making things at the rim very difficult on the cavs and on the other side of the court it's almost like a layup line with the cavs lack of any shot blocking at all. I hate as much as anyone noels lack of shooting but he could feast in a situation where Simmons is orchestrating the offense drawing a lot of attention with some shooters around the perimeter.

Oh and OT but I can't believe the cavs gave tristan Thompson an 80 million dollar contract.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers