ImageImageImage

Welcome Simmons

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

voodooguru
Bench Warmer
And1: 311

Re: Welcome Simmons 

Post#41 » by voodooguru » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:20 pm

EmperorLocky wrote:Aussie Aussie Aussie!!!

Always loved the NBA just so much more exciting that we have more and more Aussies in the league.

If Aussie Rules wasn't the Number One sport in OZ, there'd be more Aussies than Euros in the NBA. I read that Ben could've played too. A few years ago there was a discussion about whether LeBron could've been the greatest center half-forward of all time, if...

Anyway, go Ben, go Sixers, go Philly go!
LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#42 » by LongLiveHinkie » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:53 am

Ben Simmons' cousin died in a car accident today.
OleSchool
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,344

Post#43 » by OleSchool » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:27 am

LongLiveHinkie wrote:Ben Simmons' cousin died in a car accident today.

OMG, thats a shame. First Embiid's brother now Simmons cousin.
NYSixersFan wrote:quite simply, If I were GM, We would have a good young playoff team right now; with cap flexibility going forward

NYSixersFan wrote:I'D BE more then happy to debate you or anyone else on specifics

NYSixersFan wrote:How can I give you specifics? I'm not talking to other GM's
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#44 » by CoreyGallagher » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:15 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BenSimmons25/status/746881085431226369[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BenSimmons25/status/746879898170580992[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/BenSimmons25/status/746880149057052672[/tweet]
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#45 » by Ericb5 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:40 am

Wow. He was just with him on draft night?

Horrible news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,073

Post#46 » by Embiid P » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:57 am

Damn that's crazy. Are our best players cursed or something?
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,528

Post#47 » by 76ciology » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:36 am

Simbiid wrote:Damn that's crazy. Are our best players cursed or something?

Nice username. Emmons would have been better.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#48 » by CoreyGallagher » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:43 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/nbacouchside/status/747303216442802177[/tweet]

Simmons at the top.
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
Agnostifarian
Veteran
And1: 705

Post#49 » by Agnostifarian » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:05 pm

I've been thinking about BB saying that Simmons will start out playing a more traditional PF role instead of asking him to start off as a PG. Obviously, he'll have the green light to grab and go and he'll almost certainly run some PNR with JoJo and others. However, assuming we sign or trade for a PG who runs PNR effectively, like Rubio, I would like to see Simmons be the first screener. He would be a devastating roll man who can score or create on his way to the basket. He could also "pop" but instead of shooting, BB could design a secondary action where someone flows to Simmons to set another pick for Ben to work. If we can get the defense moving, RoCo, Sauce and our "new shooters" should find open looks from the perimeter.

Eventually, I think Ben becomes the primary ball handler but that may be a year or two from now?
“This may be one of the best jobs in basketball right now,” Colangelo said at a press conference introducing him as the new GM of the 76ers after Sam Hinkie resigned.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,801

Post#50 » by Negrodamus » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:15 pm

Agnostifarian wrote:I've been thinking about BB saying that Simmons will start out playing a more traditional PF role instead of asking him to start off as a PG. Obviously, he'll have the green light to grab and go and he'll almost certainly run some PNR with JoJo and others. However, assuming we sign or trade for a PG who runs PNR effectively, like Rubio, I would like to see Simmons be the first screener. He would be a devastating roll man who can score or create on his way to the basket. He could also "pop" but instead of shooting, BB could design a secondary action where someone flows to Simmons to set another pick for Ben to work. If we can get the defense moving, RoCo, Sauce and our "new shooters" should find open looks from the perimeter.

Eventually, I think Ben becomes the primary ball handler but that may be a year or two from now?

I think he gets the ball early in the possession frequently from the get go. It instantly takes their PF (if that's who they choose to guard him) away from the paint, leaving Embiid (or Okafor if we choose that route) alone to feast.
Agnostifarian
Veteran
And1: 705

Post#51 » by Agnostifarian » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:01 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
Agnostifarian wrote:I've been thinking about BB saying that Simmons will start out playing a more traditional PF role instead of asking him to start off as a PG. Obviously, he'll have the green light to grab and go and he'll almost certainly run some PNR with JoJo and others. However, assuming we sign or trade for a PG who runs PNR effectively, like Rubio, I would like to see Simmons be the first screener. He would be a devastating roll man who can score or create on his way to the basket. He could also "pop" but instead of shooting, BB could design a secondary action where someone flows to Simmons to set another pick for Ben to work. If we can get the defense moving, RoCo, Sauce and our "new shooters" should find open looks from the perimeter.

I think he gets the ball early in the possession frequently from the get go. It instantly takes their PF (if that's who they choose to guard him) away from the paint, leaving Embiid (or Okafor if we choose that route) alone to feast.

I'm not sure NBA coaching will respect Ben at the three point line. I think they will be happy if he catches the ball there and they can sag off into Joel or OK4. Ball movement stops and the shot clock ticks... we are going to have to send screens at him immediately, IMO. That's why I think we use him as a pick man early in the season. It will keep him involved and the offense can have flow. I think Simmons will become a better ball handling PNR guy if he spends some time as the pick man first.
“This may be one of the best jobs in basketball right now,” Colangelo said at a press conference introducing him as the new GM of the 76ers after Sam Hinkie resigned.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,801

Post#52 » by Negrodamus » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:39 pm

Agnostifarian wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

I'm not sure NBA coaching will respect Ben at the three point line. I think they will be happy if he catches the ball there and they can sag off into Joel or OK4. Ball movement stops and the shot clock ticks... we are going to have to send screens at him immediately, IMO. That's why I think we use him as a pick man early in the season. It will keep him involved and the offense can have flow. I think Simmons will become a better ball handling PNR guy if he spends some time as the pick man first.

Sure, but if you fall back on an Embiid or Okafor, then you are leaving a potential shooter wide open coming off a handoff screen from Simmons. Shooters are a necessity in the backcourt with Simmons. There are ways to mask Simmons's lack of shooting but utilize his size/passing. Obviously it's not ideal for Simmons to not have a jump shot, but it's not a lost cause on offense.
eagereyez
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,462

Post#53 » by eagereyez » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:11 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDI22vAeZ1c[/youtube]

:lol:
P-K4
Freshman
And1: 24

Post#54 » by P-K4 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:51 pm

What's up with summer league? Should we be worried? The articles I've read gave the impression that he wouldn't play until he signed his contract. But will he sign tonight and in time to play Monday against Boston? Do we get to see him on the floor b4 the Laker game in Vegas?
sixers23
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Post#55 » by sixers23 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:04 pm

P-K4 wrote:What's up with summer league? Should we be worried? The articles I've read gave the impression that he wouldn't play until he signed his contract. But will he sign tonight and in time to play Monday against Boston? Do we get to see him on the floor b4 the Laker game in Vegas?

I wouldn't be worried about it he gets what the scale is so it's just a formality
Los5782
Junior
And1: 213

Post#56 » by Los5782 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:15 pm

MCDubz-?-KD/Lebron-Noel-Embiid SixerNation!
Eta Carinae
Junior
And1: 86

Post#57 » by Eta Carinae » Fri Jul 1, 2016 1:04 am

Los5782 wrote:http://www.nba.com/sixers/video/teams/sixers/2016/06/30/1467313162509-Twitter-Segment-with-music.mp4-624621

Brotherly Love :P

Man, Luwawus english is really broken :D
ShirleyTemple
Sophomore
And1: 84

Post#58 » by ShirleyTemple » Fri Jul 1, 2016 1:46 am

ok that was awful
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,528

Post#59 » by 76ciology » Fri Jul 1, 2016 5:31 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTFJ7RzBla4[/youtube]

One of the better Simmons highlight clips I've watched.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#60 » by CoreyGallagher » Fri Jul 1, 2016 5:33 am

I love watching him score, but his passing is just something else...

Return to Philadelphia 76ers