ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,016

Re: Around the league 2016-2017 

Post#1801 » by ivysixer2000 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:58 am

76ciology wrote:
ivysixer2000 wrote:
76ciology wrote:
I thought, considering everything, passing up on Nerlens turns out good for him. Atleast he can optimally use his cap for a Hayward or George while also ending up with Jaylen.

I just don't see how those 2 would help them, they are already loaded up at those positions.

They need a big man, and Noel would've at least helped them out a lil with that issue.

ivysixer2017 would say, you cant have too many wings nowadays

:lol: Just saying, they have way too many SFs, but I hope they do spend a whole lot of money on another one.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#1802 » by 76ciology » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:54 pm

ivysixer2000 wrote:
76ciology wrote:
ivysixer2000 wrote:
I just don't see how those 2 would help them, they are already loaded up at those positions.

They need a big man, and Noel would've at least helped them out a lil with that issue.

:lol: Just saying, they have way too many SFs, but I hope they do spend a whole lot of money on another one.

:)

For the Celtics,I'd rather have a log jam with George,crowder,Jaylen&Tatum and the redundancy of Hayward than the luxury of Noel.

If they think they need a C, they could have easily went for Jordan Bell over Ojeleye. That saves 20+M on Noel, that could be used for Hayward or Blake Griffin
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#1803 » by Ericb5 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:25 pm

PLO wrote:
the_process wrote:
eagereyez wrote:Wolves trade LaVine and a backup PG for Butler and yet I can't bring myself to get excited about that team. They're still getting swept by the Warriors for the foreseeable future.

Wiggins is holding that team back. For as bad as they fleeced CHI... they probably are a better team if they had dealt Wiggins and kept LaVine. At least Zach provides spacing. You can sag off Wiggins. He's like a more athletic but non-passing version of DeRozan.

I think it was Lowe who described the TWolves post-Butler trade as an upgraded Thibs-Bulls team :lol: Same flaws in both teams

Well they have Towns so he makes up for a lot of flaws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ivysixer2000
General Manager

Post#1804 » by ivysixer2000 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:33 pm

76ciology wrote:
ivysixer2000 wrote:
76ciology wrote:

For the Celtics,I'd rather have a log jam with George,crowder,Jaylen&Tatum and the redundancy of Hayward than the luxury of Noel.

If they think they need a C, they could have easily went for Jordan Bell over Ojeleye. That saves 20+M on Noel, that could be used for Hayward or Blake Griffin

Well guess I'm not a fan of Horford at all, hes a PF to me and I would want a real rim protector.

I know our log jam at center was bad, but a log jam is still a log jam. Just cause the Warriors and Cavs have won a certain way doesn't mean thats the only way it should be. Just cause NE has won throwing the ball doesn't mean thats the only way to win. I understand its a copycat league, but your copying off of someone who did something different.

Noone that plays real mins for the Cavs or Warriors can guard Emiid, and the reason is there are no real centers in the league on good teams so they adapted to that. Doesn't mean we have to follow that path.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,082

Post#1805 » by Kobblehead » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:12 pm

The Celtics' frontcourt is built to defend ball screens, not protect the rim or combat an actual bigman. They're not looking forward to Miami and Philly entering the playoff picture, I can promise you that.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1806 » by 76ciology » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:17 pm

ivysixer2000 wrote:
76ciology wrote:
ivysixer2000 wrote:

Well guess I'm not a fan of Horford at all, hes a PF to me and I would want a real rim protector.

I know our log jam at center was bad, but a log jam is still a log jam. Just cause the Warriors and Cavs have won a certain way doesn't mean thats the only way it should be. Just cause NE has won throwing the ball doesn't mean thats the only way to win. I understand its a copycat league, but your copying off of someone who did something different.

Noone that plays real mins for the Cavs or Warriors can guard Emiid, and the reason is there are no real centers in the league on good teams so they adapted to that. Doesn't mean we have to follow that path.

At some point, I also believed that.

But teams now can pack the paint that is tough for a post heavy offense of bigs. Then you have to consider how crazy the elite's team's transition offense that forces teams to lean over a positionless line-up that has guys guarding multiple positions ( a wing heavy celtics lineup can do that).

..and the league wants that because that is what sells.

There are two types of wrestling. Like basketball, the ones that are bigs oriented is like professional wrestling. WWE is like the current high octane small ball NBA.

To beat the GSW, you need a positionless roster that can play pace and space but with better size. And I think we're trending towards that.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
ivysixer2000
General Manager

Post#1807 » by ivysixer2000 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:46 pm

76ciology wrote:
ivysixer2000 wrote:
76ciology wrote:

At some point, I also believed that.

But teams now can pack the paint that is tough for a post heavy offense of bigs. Then you have to consider how crazy the elite's team's transition offense that forces teams to lean over a positionless line-up that has guys guarding multiple positions ( a wing heavy celtics lineup can do that).

..and the league wants that because that is what sells.

There are two types of wrestling. Like basketball, the ones that are bigs oriented is like professional wrestling. WWE is like the current high octane small ball NBA.

To beat the GSW, you need a positionless roster that can play pace and space but with better size. And I think we're trending towards that.

My main point was what you mentioned at the end, size. We basically agree, the size has to be mobile like Emiid and such but you still need that size to compete with them cause they basically have none at the end of games.

In our draft picks it shows that we are looking for mobile guys with size. Green can't stay with those guys, he really should be being abused by now but noone can handle the other guys to take advantage of it. Hopefully we can do that, but we can't go in there with a bunch of midgets and expect to beat them.
PLO
Analyst
And1: 1,305

Post#1808 » by PLO » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:54 pm

Ericb5 wrote:
PLO wrote:
the_process wrote:
Wiggins is holding that team back. For as bad as they fleeced CHI... they probably are a better team if they had dealt Wiggins and kept LaVine. At least Zach provides spacing. You can sag off Wiggins. He's like a more athletic but non-passing version of DeRozan.

I think it was Lowe who described the TWolves post-Butler trade as an upgraded Thibs-Bulls team :lol: Same flaws in both teams

Well they have Towns so he makes up for a lot of flaws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed the Bulls had nothing like him under Thibs but he was pretty bad defensively last season and he's basically their only shooter from range in the starting line up. Butler will paper over a lot of holes on that TWolves defense. The main thing the Thibs teams share is a lack of shooting, made worse by Lavine going to the Bulls. Obviously its still a great trade though, Bulls were fleeced.
LakersDynasty14 wrote:Lonzo Ball is literally on a Hall of Fame trajectory at this point. This thread is so full of fail.

shakes0 wrote:I hope they put Simmons on Trae. He'll foul him out by the 3rd quarter. plus Simmons can't stay in front of Trae. No one can.
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#1809 » by Unbreakable99 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:13 pm

Dennis Smith :o
Read on Twitter
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,648

Post#1810 » by SelfishPlayer » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:18 am

He landed interestingly, as if he has been taught the best way to land to preserve his long term health.
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1811 » by 76ciology » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:50 am

Cute. But what happens to his game when his athleticism declines
BoomBap
Bench Warmer
And1: 401

Post#1812 » by BoomBap » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:18 pm

He has like 12-14 years to work on his game before his athleticism is gone. In the meantime he will be the new human highlight film
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,082

Post#1813 » by Kobblehead » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:29 pm

I think you'll be lucky to see 10-12 dunks from Dennis Smith this year. He just doesn't have the size to pull off dunks in the halfcourt like Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook do/did.
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,713

Post#1814 » by 76thBearCub » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:28 am

KJ McDaniels waived by the lowly Nets. It's funny, I read a recent post on the general board, and somebody listed him as one of the Nets "young core" players, in a post trying to justify things as being not so bad. Those poor bastards.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,420

Post#1815 » by Eyeamok » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:58 am

76thBearCub wrote:KJ McDaniels waived by the lowly Nets. It's funny, I read a recent post on the general board, and somebody listed him as one of the Nets "young core" players, in a post trying to justify things as being not so bad. Those poor bastards.

I wonder if staying with the 76ers and getting more playing time would have worked out better long term for him.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,609

Post#1816 » by mithrandir17 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:11 am

Westbrook wins MVP, now what should Harden do to win it next year?
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,713

Post#1817 » by 76thBearCub » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:22 am

Eyeamok wrote:
76thBearCub wrote:KJ McDaniels waived by the lowly Nets. It's funny, I read a recent post on the general board, and somebody listed him as one of the Nets "young core" players, in a post trying to justify things as being not so bad. Those poor bastards.

I wonder if staying with the 76ers and getting more playing time would have worked out better long term for him.

I don't have faith in him being any good, much like the 6ers, Rockets, and Nets.

Maybe one day he carves out a niche roll off the bench.
BigSleep333
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,632

Post#1818 » by BigSleep333 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:23 am

mithrandir17 wrote:Westbrook wins MVP, now what should Harden do to win it next year?

tell capela and co to get out the way, so harden can grab more boards i guess
LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#1819 » by LongLiveHinkie » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:52 am

Bob Myers wins executive of the year? Lmao what did he even do? Might as well just announce that the NBA's cap spike won executive of the year. It didn't take any planning or strategy to throw a bunch of money at dudes because the NBA cap jumped up.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#1820 » by No-Man » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:15 am

LongLiveHinkie wrote:Bob Myers wins executive of the year? Lmao what did he even do? Might as well just announce that the NBA's cap spike won executive of the year. It didn't take any planning or strategy to throw a bunch of money at dudes because the NBA cap jumped up.

I mean, he signed KD, West, Zaza, gave McGee a chance, bought a pick to draft McCaw, brought Ian Clark back for the min.

Seems pretty darn good to me.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers