ImageImageImage

"Sam Hinkie Speaks" [ESPN Article]

OleSchool
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,344

Re: "Sam Hinkie Speaks" [ESPN Article] 

Post#61 » by OleSchool » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:37 am

Im sad, really want the guy back
NYSixersFan wrote:quite simply, If I were GM, We would have a good young playoff team right now; with cap flexibility going forward

NYSixersFan wrote:I'D BE more then happy to debate you or anyone else on specifics

NYSixersFan wrote:How can I give you specifics? I'm not talking to other GM's
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,443

Post#62 » by Eyeamok » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:37 am

NYSixersFan wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:
NYSixersFan wrote:Has Scam Hinkie been hired by another team?

Did you hear. Embiid is finally healthy, Ben Simmons got drafted #1 by the 76ers and Saric is coming over to play next season.

All great news...combined with an actual GM, I have high hopes

And here is a little something to help you out.

scam
skam/Submit
nouninformal
a dishonest scheme; a fraud.
"an insurance scam"
synonyms: fraud, swindle, fraudulent scheme, racket, trick; More
verb
swindle.
"a guy that scams the elderly out of their savings"
synonyms: swindle, cheat, deceive, trick, dupe, hoodwink, double-cross, gull;

What do you feel you lost out on. 3 mediocre seasons of maybe .500 basketball. A mythical title run?
The signing of a great free agent? What did Sam Scam you out of to make you so bitter?
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
NYSixersFan
Analyst
And1: 1,563

Post#63 » by NYSixersFan » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:47 am

Eyeamok wrote:
NYSixersFan wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:

You do realize that all the great news is courtesy of Sam....yes of course you do. :D

As for your actual GM he has had the good sense not to do anything to rock the boat Sam put in motion,,,it's like GM by proxy....so good on BC.

LOL...you guys are loyal....delusional...but loyal....I'll give you that

Where does the delusional part come in. Even you have admitted it has all been great news. All generated by Sam. So where does the delusion come in?

I really don't want to talk about Hinkie ever again...but this forum can't let go...and I can't help myself
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,443

Post#64 » by Eyeamok » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:49 am

NYSixersFan wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:
NYSixersFan wrote:

LOL...you guys are loyal....delusional...but loyal....I'll give you that

Where does the delusional part come in. Even you have admitted it has all been great news. All generated by Sam. So where does the delusion come in?

I really don't want to talk about Hinkie ever again...but this forum can't let go...and I can't help myself

It's OK to admit it.....Hinkie gave your life meaning. It's like when the USA lost Russia as an enemy.....now what the hell are we gonna do?
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
NYSixersFan
Analyst

Post#65 » by NYSixersFan » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:50 am

Eyeamok wrote:
NYSixersFan wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:
Did you hear. Embiid is finally healthy, Ben Simmons got drafted #1 by the 76ers and Saric is coming over to play next season.

All great news...combined with an actual GM, I have high hopes

And here is a little something to help you out.

scam
skam/Submit
nouninformal
a dishonest scheme; a fraud.
"an insurance scam"
synonyms: fraud, swindle, fraudulent scheme, racket, trick; More
verb
swindle.
"a guy that scams the elderly out of their savings"
synonyms: swindle, cheat, deceive, trick, dupe, hoodwink, double-cross, gull;

What do you feel you lost out on. 3 mediocre seasons of maybe .500 basketball. A mythical title run?
The signing of a great free agent? What did Sam Scam you out of to make you so bitter?

I wasn't scammed...I wasn't buying his garbage....the believers..sons of sam...they were scammed into thinking he was their messiah....he was going to bring championships to philly. Nobody will ever convince me that he had the GM skills to build a winner...he's great at losing and acquiring assets...I'm sure there's a job for him somewhere
NYSixersFan
Analyst

Post#66 » by NYSixersFan » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:51 am

Eyeamok wrote:
NYSixersFan wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:

It's OK to admit it.....Hinkie gave your life meaning. It's like when the USA lost Russia as an enemy.....now what the hell are we gonna do?

good stuff. kinda funny.
hookshot199
Analyst
And1: 723

Post#67 » by hookshot199 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:44 am

NYSixersFan wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:
NYSixersFan wrote:I really don't want to talk about Hinkie ever again

Then don't. Put a sock in it.
hookshot199
Analyst
And1: 723

Post#68 » by hookshot199 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:05 am

Snotbubbles wrote:
hookshot199 wrote:
oyoyer wrote:The reason Silver stepped in was the bad press, plain and simple.

Silver's predecessor should have stepped in when Doug Collins gave away our future for Bynum…or when Billy King trade Brooklyn's future to Boston. They shouldn't have it both ways.

Nobody cares if a team sucks. Just don't go out and announce to the world that you are sucking on purpose. Hinkie's total disregard for appearances put this franchise and the NBA in a bad light. When that happens, the powers that be will step in. The worst possible outcome for Silver/NBA would have been for Hinkie to rebuild this team into a champion after tanking. Then multiple teams would have gone on a tank command. Hinkie's firing/resigning lets the other NBA teams know, if you're going to tank, don't be blatant about it.

The assets Hinkie accrue in his short time hear make it almost impossible for Colangelo to screw this up.

It's possible if Bryan C goes for the short-term fix. As for putting the league in a bad light, I'm not sure that a league which allows Donald Sterling to have a seat at the table for 30 years can be taken seriously on ethics and matters of principle. And if Bryan C doesn't do something stupid, Hinkie will get credit whether the league wants to give him credit or not.

His biggest blunder - and it's a serious one - was not to bring a point guard in last season. I don't think he tanked intentionally last year. I don't think he understood the implications of not having a veteran at point - two straight years.

If all of the pieces are able to play this year - in particular Embiid and Saric - Hinkie will be rehired by another failing franchise.
Snotbubbles
Sixth Man
And1: 1,451

Post#69 » by Snotbubbles » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:51 am

hookshot199 wrote:
Snotbubbles wrote:
hookshot199 wrote:
Silver's predecessor should have stepped in when Doug Collins gave away our future for Bynum…or when Billy King trade Brooklyn's future to Boston. They shouldn't have it both ways.

Nobody cares if a team sucks. Just don't go out and announce to the world that you are sucking on purpose. Hinkie's total disregard for appearances put this franchise and the NBA in a bad light. When that happens, the powers that be will step in. The worst possible outcome for Silver/NBA would have been for Hinkie to rebuild this team into a champion after tanking. Then multiple teams would have gone on a tank command. Hinkie's firing/resigning lets the other NBA teams know, if you're going to tank, don't be blatant about it.

The assets Hinkie accrue in his short time hear make it almost impossible for Colangelo to screw this up.

It's possible if Bryan C goes for the short-term fix. As for putting the league in a bad light, I'm not sure that a league which allows Donald Sterling to have a seat at the table for 30 years can be taken seriously on ethics and matters of principle. And if Bryan C doesn't do something stupid, Hinkie will get credit whether the league wants to give him credit or not.

His biggest blunder - and it's a serious one - was not to bring a point guard in last season. I don't think he tanked intentionally last year. I don't think he understood the implications of not having a veteran at point - two straight years.

If all of the pieces are able to play this year - in particular Embiid and Saric - Hinkie will be rehired by another failing franchise.

Even if BC goes for the short-term fix, he still has a boatload of long-term assets in draft picks. BC would have to work extremely hard to screw this up. He would literally have to trade the Lakers pick, the Kings pick and a bunch of the Sixers future picks for scraps AND sign multiple guys to max deals that don't deserve them. If he screws this up, I can't imagine another team would touch him with a 10 foot pole. So far, he appears to be doing a semi-competent job.

Also, Hinkie will never get the credit if this team becomes a contender. You can see the powers that be have leaked that Hinkie wasn't a "relationships" guy. So when BC signs or trades a player it will be touted as a move that "relationship-less" Hinkie couldn't have made. The minute he signs a guy like Harrison Barnes you'll read in the papers, "this is the type of move Sam Hinkie couldn't accomplish...blah, blah, blah."

As far as Hinkie getting another job, I hope he does. I thought he did a masterful job of accumulating assets and I wanted to see how he would have re-built the roster. But if he does get another job, he won't do the extremely blatant tank again. The shot was fired across his bow.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,909

Post#70 » by Wilfried » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:08 pm

I hope Hinkie never gets another job in this league!

I couldn't handle the situation seeing him building a contender somewhere else.
And probably ripping BC in 'the process'
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#71 » by GoSixersBro » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:34 pm

Think of all the wasted years this city will never get back because of Sam. I long for 39 wins and a first round thrashing by the Cavs.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
PhillySixers22
Junior
And1: 183

Post#72 » by PhillySixers22 » Fri Jul 1, 2016 2:50 am

Arsenal wrote:Who knows what would have happened. I will say this, the Porzingis hype is out of control due to the NY media/fanbase. The guy was in a MUCH better situation than Okafor, who was in one of the WORST situations in NBA history in terms of the team around him.

We'll have a better idea about things after this season when Okafor has real NBA teammates around him.

Exactly this. I for one preferred Okafor to Porzingis at the time of the draft and their rookie seasons haven't changed that. As you said Okafor was in a much worse situation and I thought he actually had a good rookie year all things considered. Until Embiid plays a full season and shows there is no reason for concern I wouldn't consider dealing Jah unless it's a no brainer deal. He's one of our franchise cornerstones until proven otherwise imo.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,828

Post#73 » by XtremeDunkz » Fri Jul 1, 2016 3:37 am

Whatever team Sam goes to next will be my 2nd team.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers