20%

Total votes: 99

sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,592

Re: Re: Report: Sixers interested in RFA Allen Crabbe 

Post#21 » by sixerswillrule » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:46 pm

DusterBuster wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:For what it's worth, Nylon Calculus estimates that Crabbe will rake in a deal worth $17+ mil per year.

http://nyloncalculus.com/2016/06/29/a-model-for-nba-free-agent-earnings/

Barf. As a Blazer fan, if a team like the Sixers or Kings offer him that, I'll be throwing a party when the Blazers let him walk.

He's barely worth 10mil, let alone 15-17. That's insane for how limited his game is and how low his ceiling is. The fact he's getting these kinds of numbers thrown around is ludicrous.

I like Crabbe, but I just like Crabbe. He's far from irreplaceable. I think he's gonna be the highest risk for early buyers remorse by some team. When you're paying 17mil for 12ppg, 3rebs and at best mediocre defense, you're gonna be pissed.

FYI, 15-17 per year in 2017/18 and beyond will be equivalent to 8-10 in 2014/15.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,119

Re: Report: Sixers interested in RFA Allen Crabbe 

Post#22 » by Arsenal » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:53 pm

I wouldn't go over $14M/yr. 4 yrs $56M at most. It could backfire, but based on his youth and progression so far that's the risk I would take. In the case that he stagnates, it shouldn't be too hard to dump that contract if it came down to it.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,961

Post#23 » by DusterBuster » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:55 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:Barf. As a Blazer fan, if a team like the Sixers or Kings offer him that, I'll be throwing a party when the Blazers let him walk.

He's barely worth 10mil, let alone 15-17. That's insane for how limited his game is and how low his ceiling is. The fact he's getting these kinds of numbers thrown around is ludicrous.

I like Crabbe, but I just like Crabbe. He's far from irreplaceable. I think he's gonna be the highest risk for early buyers remorse by some team. When you're paying 17mil for 12ppg, 3rebs and at best mediocre defense, you're gonna be pissed.

I agree with you. I'm one of two people that voted "no" in this poll. I'm not convinced Crabbe is substantially better than rookie, Timothe Luwawu.

People really don't understand how streaky and limited Crabbe really is. They see his shooting percentages and he had a decent playoff run and think he's something he's really not. He's really not a good defender, he makes dumb fouls, he's not a good passer, he can't make plays for himself and he's streaky as all get out. He's a good catch and shoot jumpshooter in a motion offense. If he's you're only 3pt threat in your starting lineup, he's gonna struggle. Portland's offense always has 3-4 high 30% 3pt shooters on the floor which keeps teams defenses stretched, Crabbe is always facing 2nd unit defenses and he's usually a teams 3rd priority to focus on behind Lillard and CJ. So people who expect to plug Crabbe into a starting role as a teams only 3pt threat are gonna be pissed when his percentages drop to mid-30's and he's averaging like 12-15 points.

It's a total waste of money and why if a crap team like the Sixers, Nets or Kings want him for 15-17, you're more than welcome.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
DusterBuster
RealGM

Re: Re: Report: Sixers interested in RFA Allen Crabbe 

Post#24 » by DusterBuster » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:57 pm

sixerswillrule wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:For what it's worth, Nylon Calculus estimates that Crabbe will rake in a deal worth $17+ mil per year.

http://nyloncalculus.com/2016/06/29/a-model-for-nba-free-agent-earnings/

Barf. As a Blazer fan, if a team like the Sixers or Kings offer him that, I'll be throwing a party when the Blazers let him walk.

FYI, 15-17 per year in 2017/18 and beyond will be equivalent to 8-10 in 2014/15.

I understand this. I also understand that Crabbe really isn't worth more than an MLE. Even at the 14/15 8-10mil, that's far too much imo.
sixerswillrule
RealGM

Re: Re: Re: Report: Sixers interested in RFA Allen Crabbe 

Post#25 » by sixerswillrule » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:11 am

DusterBuster wrote:
sixerswillrule wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:

I understand this. I also understand that Crabbe really isn't worth more than an MLE. Even at the 14/15 8-10mil, that's far too much imo.

8-10 being far too much in 14/15 is an exaggeration. That season Parsons and Eric Gordon made 15, Batum made 12, Jeff Green, Marcus Thornton, and Ariza made 9, etc. Maybe slightly too much but that's it. Actually 8 would've been about right.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Re: Re: Re: Report: Sixers interested in RFA Allen Crabbe 

Post#26 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:21 am

sixerswillrule wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
sixerswillrule wrote:FYI, 15-17 per year in 2017/18 and beyond will be equivalent to 8-10 in 2014/15.

8-10 being far too much in 14/15 is an exaggeration. That season Parsons and Eric Gordon made 15, Batum made 12, Jeff Green, Marcus Thornton, and Ariza made 9, etc. Maybe slightly too much but that's it. Actually 8 would've been about right.

Not really. Every single guy you mentioned showed more NBA skill and potential than I've ever seen out of Crabbe. Even going back in time to the old salaries, I wouldn't have been happy having him back at 8mil per. That's starter money for a guy I don't view being worthy of a starter position based on what I've seen from him.
phiphan
Head Coach
And1: 2,331

Post#27 » by phiphan » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:22 am

Kobblehead wrote:I agree with you. I'm one of two people that voted "no" in this poll. I'm not convinced Crabbe is substantially better than rookie, Timothe Luwawu.

I'm the other one :wave:

I see no reason to spend much cap this offseason on a 3+ year deal unless it's for a star (which isn't happening).
Gsraider
Starter
And1: 111

Post#28 » by Gsraider » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:24 am

I have been pretty intrigued by Crabbe, but like most FA's, I start to lose interest when I hear contract numbers being thrown around. No way is Barnes worth $20-23 million per year in my estimation and Crabbe hasn't done enough to merit anything in the $15 million range. To that end, I would be fine if Philly continued to rebuild its team via trade and fringe type FA's. Too much risk signing FA's if they aren't proven stars. That's how you wind up trying to trade a guy like Corey Magette and his contract a year or two after you sign him.
Iscull
Junior
And1: 100

Post#29 » by Iscull » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:33 am

DusterBuster wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:Barf. As a Blazer fan, if a team like the Sixers or Kings offer him that, I'll be throwing a party when the Blazers let him walk.

I agree with you. I'm one of two people that voted "no" in this poll. I'm not convinced Crabbe is substantially better than rookie, Timothe Luwawu.

People really don't understand how streaky and limited Crabbe really is. They see his shooting percentages and he had a decent playoff run and think he's something he's really not. He's really not a good defender, he makes dumb fouls, he's not a good passer, he can't make plays for himself and he's streaky as all get out. He's a good catch and shoot jumpshooter in a motion offense. If he's you're only 3pt threat in your starting lineup, he's gonna struggle. Portland's offense always has 3-4 high 30% 3pt shooters on the floor which keeps teams defenses stretched, Crabbe is always facing 2nd unit defenses and he's usually a teams 3rd priority to focus on behind Lillard and CJ. So people who expect to plug Crabbe into a starting role as a teams only 3pt threat are gonna be pissed when his percentages drop to mid-30's and he's averaging like 12-15 points.

It's a total waste of money and why if a crap team like the Sixers, Nets or Kings want him for 15-17, you're more than welcome.

Sometimes you just gotta let the shooters shoot
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#30 » by Foshan » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:42 am

I would much rather drop a ton of money (in a short term 1+1) on Eric Gordon. I think he can play the PG position in a line up with Simmons or PG if we sign someone like Line or Augustine too.
dalton749
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,433

Post#31 » by dalton749 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:50 am

This makes me laugh after all of the Terrence Ross hate in the trade forums. Crabbe and Ross are damn near the same player at 10 mil and people hate his contract.
Winejk
Bench Warmer
And1: 432

Post#32 » by Winejk » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:09 am

Over inflating a player's salary due to the large increase in the salary cap is interesting. If a team stays fiscally responsible while other teams go nuts with spending (e.g. signing H Barnes to a max deal) and the cap keeps rising, the team that stays fiscally responsible loses ground in competitiveness. On the other hand if a team goes nuts with spending and the salary cap stops rising, there will be a day of reckoning. Looming over all of this is the collective bargaining agreement could be revisited in 2017.

It is anticipated that the salary cap will rise again next season, but after that, nobody knows. Do you go all in now or do you stay fiscally responsible? Really tough question.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,732

Post#33 » by Mik317 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:30 am

at this point its more about the least awful deal we sign a guy to.

Barnes scares me because we have seen what first option Barnes looked like at UNC and legit just saw dude go ghost on the big stage. He'd get destroyed here in Philly after signing that contract.
Waiters just isn;t that good. He is inefficient as hell and ball dominant too. I also don't know how good of a locker room guy he is. Plus I don't like bringing Philly Guys back home....too many distractions.

so yeah while Crabbe may not be worth it either. He's relatively unknown, fills a need (we need guards and shooting), is young enough to either be apart of the core...or be traded near the end of the contract, and he won't get Barnes money so it isn't all bad.

We are going to sign someone and as much as I wish we could just get guys for cheap. Don't think that will be the case lol.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#34 » by freshie2 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:57 am

Barnes doesn't have to be the first option here. He's probably option number 3 behind Simmons and Embiid.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,732

Post#35 » by Mik317 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:17 am

Paying your third option first option money sucks
#NeverGonnaBeGood
sixerswillrule
RealGM

Post#36 » by sixerswillrule » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:41 am

sixerswillrule
RealGM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Report: Sixers interested in RFA Allen Crabbe 

Post#37 » by sixerswillrule » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:43 am

DusterBuster wrote:
sixerswillrule wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:

Not really. Every single guy you mentioned showed more NBA skill and potential than I've ever seen out of Crabbe. Even going back in time to the old salaries, I wouldn't have been happy having him back at 8mil per. That's starter money for a guy I don't view being worthy of a starter position based on what I've seen from him.

And every single guy I mentioned made more or much more than 8 mil.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Report: Sixers interested in RFA Allen Crabbe 

Post#38 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:46 am

sixerswillrule wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
sixerswillrule wrote:8-10 being far too much in 14/15 is an exaggeration. That season Parsons and Eric Gordon made 15, Batum made 12, Jeff Green, Marcus Thornton, and Ariza made 9, etc. Maybe slightly too much but that's it. Actually 8 would've been about right.

And each guy was better or much better than Crabbe.
sixerswillrule
RealGM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Report: Sixers interested in RFA Allen Crabbe 

Post#39 » by sixerswillrule » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:57 am

DusterBuster wrote:
sixerswillrule wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:

So we're agreed, 8 mil it is.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Report: Sixers interested in RFA Allen Crabbe 

Post#40 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:00 am

sixerswillrule wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
sixerswillrule wrote:

So we're agreed, 8 mil it is.

Sure, whatever. I'm only half paying attention to this convo. All I know is if you or the Kings spend 15-17 million per year on Crabbe, congratulations on wasting a **** ton of money on a one-dimensional shooter.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers