RealGM
And1: 3,581

Re: Game 22: Philadelphia 76ers (4-17) @ Memphis Grizzlies (14-8) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#81 » by PhilasFinest » Wed Dec 7, 2016 3:43 am

phiphan wrote:
sixerhp3 wrote:
76ciology wrote:Saric -9

irrelevant really, he played well.

It's relevant because it's a pattern. Three games in a row now he's had very good offensive outings but team worst +/-

The bench blows. He comes into the game with the 2nd unit and they are often outscored....not sure its all on him.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
PhilasFinest
RealGM

Post#82 » by PhilasFinest » Wed Dec 7, 2016 3:44 am

sixerhp3 wrote:
PhilasFinest wrote:kudos to Ersan. 23 pts 17 reb 4 ast 2 blk 1 stl and 4 3's.

I don't appreciate him jacking up 13 threes

Most were good looks and he's our best shooter. Gotta take them when you have them, especially when your rosters depleted
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
PhilasFinest
RealGM

Post#83 » by PhilasFinest » Wed Dec 7, 2016 3:45 am

Anyone else want to go onto YouTube and flag all of Stauskas' videos making 100's of shots in his backyard?

I think they are fake.

1-8 from 3. 30% FG and a disgusting 5-10 50% from the FT line.
76ers
Bench Warmer
And1: 773

Post#84 » by 76ers » Wed Dec 7, 2016 3:45 am

It's such a shame to watch this team wither in the final minutes of close games. They played hard tonight but had some dumb turnovers and couldn't hit their FT's.
PhilasFinest
RealGM

Post#85 » by PhilasFinest » Wed Dec 7, 2016 3:46 am

76ers wrote:It's such a shame to watch this team wither in the final minutes of close games. They played hard tonight but hard some dumb turnovers and couldn't hit their FT's.

Look at the bright side....we are hanging with good teams without Embiid/Simmons/Noel/Okafor.
JojoSlimbiid
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,229

Post#86 » by JojoSlimbiid » Wed Dec 7, 2016 3:46 am

sixerhp3 wrote:
phiphan wrote:
sixerhp3 wrote:
irrelevant really, he played well.

It's relevant because it's a pattern. Three games in a row now he's had very good offensive outings but team worst +/-

Maybe it's the combo of guys he's out there with because watching the game he had a positive impact individually.

This despite his +/- the last three games when are you ever watching these last three games like "man we got to pull Dario he's killing us out there."

For me I like his minutes where they are at and before these last three good games from him his role had diminished quite a bit. Didn't help the winning portion of things much
voodooguru
Bench Warmer
And1: 311

Post#87 » by voodooguru » Wed Dec 7, 2016 3:51 am

ankle420breaker wrote:I know we were short handed and gave a good effort, but this was a winnable game and we way out of our way to give Memphis the upper hand in the final minute.

The Philadelphia Kiss My Rear Naked Chokes

:noway: :banghead: :noway:
phifans
Veteran
And1: 586

Post#88 » by phifans » Wed Dec 7, 2016 3:52 am

JojoSlimbiid wrote:
sixerhp3 wrote:
phiphan wrote:

Maybe it's the combo of guys he's out there with because watching the game he had a positive impact individually.

This despite his +/- the last three games when are you ever watching these last three games like "man we got to pull Dario he's killing us out there."

For me I like his minutes where they are at and before these last three good games from him his role had diminished quite a bit. Didn't help the winning portion of things much

He's basically taken Okafors role. Always has the worst +/- even with some good raw stats. He's also basically rank dead last of all PF on RPM. I think theres something wrong about our rotation. Not just the problem of any single individule.
LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#89 » by LongLiveHinkie » Wed Dec 7, 2016 3:54 am

I'm done getting on Brett Brown every game. But if this garbage still continues with Ben Simmons in the fold, then enough is enough already. Especially since the line people always use it "Wait til Ben Simmons comes back"

I'm done trashing Brown til Simmons comes back and plays at least 25+ minutes(because I think he'll start with a mins restriction) but if this stuff is still happening with Simmons then there really are no more excuse. Unless people wanna start a "Just give Brett Brown until we get Markelle Fultz!" movement.
76ers
Bench Warmer
And1: 773

Post#90 » by 76ers » Wed Dec 7, 2016 3:54 am

PhilasFinest wrote:
76ers wrote:It's such a shame to watch this team wither in the final minutes of close games. They played hard tonight but hard some dumb turnovers and couldn't hit their FT's.

Look at the bright side....we are hanging with good teams without Embiid/Simmons/Noel/Okafor.

Very true. I more so feel bad for the team, they are playing their hearts out (and being competitive more often than not) but continue to go through the same late-game struggles we see night in and night out. You can almost predict what's gonna happen before anything comes to fruition.

Obviously, the more losses the better for our pick, but I would have liked to see them win a couple of these close games.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#91 » by Arsenal » Wed Dec 7, 2016 4:08 am

Another great loss boys!
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,736

Post#92 » by phillynative » Wed Dec 7, 2016 11:04 am

Sergio is awful at the end of games. He chokes up the ball everytime.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,753

Post#93 » by Sixersftw » Wed Dec 7, 2016 1:19 pm

LongLiveHinkie wrote:I'm done getting on Brett Brown every game. But if this garbage still continues with Ben Simmons in the fold, then enough is enough already. Especially since the line people always use it "Wait til Ben Simmons comes back"

I'm done trashing Brown til Simmons comes back and plays at least 25+ minutes(because I think he'll start with a mins restriction) but if this stuff is still happening with Simmons then there really are no more excuse. Unless people wanna start a "Just give Brett Brown until we get Markelle Fultz!" movement.

I'm not caping for BB but I'm glad we got the end of game situation where Stauskas f'd up directly in front of a freaking out BB. These guys just can't execute **** at the end of a game. Brett has **** tier rotations and its frustrating that our defense switches everything w/o the personnel to do so. The end of the game stuff though? A whole lot of that seems like the players.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
PhilasFinest
RealGM

Post#94 » by PhilasFinest » Wed Dec 7, 2016 2:02 pm

Sixersftw wrote:
LongLiveHinkie wrote:I'm done getting on Brett Brown every game. But if this garbage still continues with Ben Simmons in the fold, then enough is enough already. Especially since the line people always use it "Wait til Ben Simmons comes back"

I'm not caping for BB but I'm glad we got the end of game situation where Stauskas f'd up directly in front of a freaking out BB. These guys just can't execute **** at the end of a game. Brett has **** tier rotations and its frustrating that our defense switches everything w/o the personnel to do so. The end of the game stuff though? A whole lot of that seems like the players.

The talent and time just isn't there. Think of the lineup last night....how much basketball have these guys really played together outside of games?? At one point in the 4th, Brett walked onto the court and yelled out a play like 3X. Several players looked at him, they looked around and 2 shrugged like they were lost. TJ went to run a high PNR with Saric, Saric popped to the top of the 3pt line and TJ threw it behind his head, to a spot no one was at and it resulted in a turnover.

Is it on the coach to "coach" and prepare guys? Absolutely, but there comes a point in time where some guys are just too young or lack talent/expereience to execute anything.

Practice time is so small in the NBA that its tough to implement actual structured offenses, its often something that has to grow over time with the team adding on year after year....add in the fact that some of these guys 1.suck 2.are new and 3.are young and still learning the game (or the culture) and its a recipe for many hiccups, bumps and bruises along the way.

The "Spur" system isn't necessarily rocket science, but it is complex, free flowing and takes a lot of read/react/options that are on the players to pretty much utilize in the game.Every action, has an option and its on the players to know those and to be there. Vets and/or talented players often make the system go, and then you fill it in with role specific players who play their roles well and often knock down shots when given the ball in the right place/time.

Look at Budenholzer in Atlanta. He comes from the same coaching staff that BB did, and they pretty much try to play a very similar way. Bud just happened to get some NBA talent un like Brown. Milsap,Horford,Teague,Korver,Howard,etc. These guys aren't superstars, but they are talented, are vets & understand the game and are able to execute the system being there for a few seasons and help develop young guys in the system like a Bazemore/Schroder, etc.

Its been awhile, but I remember some of us praising some of the plays out of TO's early on in Browns tenure when we had MCW/Hawes/Turner/Young still. Those guys weren't stars, but they were talented, had been in the league a few years and played together before so they had a feel and understanding of how/where to execute.

We haven't given BB any type of consistency with the roster...its constant new faces, new point guards, every single year and they're often of mediocre talent. Add in the injuries and every year is essentially a new slate, starting form scratch and having to "dumb it down" to try and teach it to young kids or guys who flat out just suck at basketball on the professional level. Its gotta be tough.

Not giving the guy a full blown pass, but we can't beat him up and blame him for this circus of a roster thats been put out by the GM year after year. If we were dribbling off our feet, getting 5 second violations/TO's on inbounds plays after 2-3 years in a semi sustained system or with actual NBA level talent....then id be saying we need a new coach, but thats not the case.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers