Re: OFFICIAL FAN "PROCESS SURVIVOR" SIGN IN, LOCKS @ ALL STAR GAME 

Post#101 » by SavageBel » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:31 am

Oh man, forgot JaVale played for us! Lol
deep6er
Pro Prospect
And1: 266

Post#102 » by deep6er » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:44 am

Oh, are we still playing? Alright then, here's my list of the missing piece past their prime injured stars that we have acquired in dark times.

Elton Brand, Chris Webber, Glenn Robinson, Elton Brand, Derrick Coleman, Moses (you know, the second time), AI (you know, the second time), He Whose Knees Shall Not Be Named.

Honorable Mentions because they were never stars in the pro's but they were college gods and we definitely got them past their prime production: Joe Smith, Donyell Marshall, Rodney Rogers, Corliss WIlliamson, Keith Van Horn
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,015

Post#103 » by eyeatoma » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:14 am

How are people forgetting the Bynum debacle? Been a fan of the sixers since 2000... These are some beautiful times we are experiencing at the moment...
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,015

Post#104 » by eyeatoma » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:15 am

deep6er wrote:Oh, are we still playing? Alright then, here's my list of the missing piece past their prime injured stars that we have acquired in dark times.

Elton Brand, Chris Webber, Glenn Robinson, Elton Brand, Derrick Coleman, Moses (you know, the second time), AI (you know, the second time), He Whose Knees Shall Not Be Named.

Honorable Mentions because they were never stars in the pro's but they were college gods and we definitely got them past their prime production: Joe Smith, Donyell Marshall, Rodney Rogers, Corliss WIlliamson, Keith Van Horn

Oh you did mention Bynum lol...
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,463

Post#105 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:34 am

Oh I will eat bandwagon fans alive when I meet them. Especially when I'm at some crappie store in Tennessee like Hibbit sports and Joel Embiid jersey is for sale right next to a Durant jersey. Oh....and maybe....just maybe, Lidz will finally start carrying Sixer hats!
Yeah Tim Frazier, Henry Sims, Jakar Sampson, FurKan A, or Hollis from the tank years....Or I can take it way back to Ricky Green filling in for Johnny Dawkins, Brian Oliver And Kenny Payne. Perhaps Armon Gilliam will be brought up, or Dana Barros, Eric Montross, and Trevor Ruffin. We can go Iverson era with Kenny Satterfield, Kebu Stewart, and Speedy Claxton as the "never weres".
Yeah, it's going to a little irritating seeing it happen, but winning is great. Hopefully it gets to that point. Future looks bright.
aHealthy3
Rookie
And1: 301

Post#106 » by aHealthy3 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:39 am

Pretty proud of myself to have read through all 6 pages of this glory and thought of a player not 1 person has mentioned yet

Elliot. Williams.
Sam Hinkie wrote:The illusion of control is an opiate, though.
tsmith
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#107 » by tsmith » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:51 am

Was good watching these players be cut one by one
tsmith
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#108 » by tsmith » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:22 am

SavageBel wrote:Oh man, forgot JaVale played for us! Lol

I remember JaVale throwing down a masssiiivvvee slam in his debut
Eta Carinae
Junior
And1: 86

Post#109 » by Eta Carinae » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:16 am

No love for Elliot Williams?
Eta Carinae
Junior
And1: 86

Post#110 » by Eta Carinae » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:18 am

DikembeFor3 wrote:Pretty proud of myself to have read through all 6 pages of this glory and thought of a player not 1 person has mentioned yet

Elliot. Williams.

Ah, you beat me to it.
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,646

Post#111 » by LordCovington33 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:30 am

Marcus wrote:Just want to go on record before its too late to make the statement.

As a guy that believed in Embiid since his 4 month transformation from 2 year project to consensus number pick (if healthy) in the 2014 draft.
As a guy that fell in love with Ben Simmon's game when I first saw him at Monteverde in a mythical high school championship game when I was tuning in to see the D'Angelo Russell.
And as a guy that's been following the prospects in this 2017 draft class since before I watched Embiid play at Kansas.

Go ahead and put in the order for the stretch bandwagon and get the suspension reinforced on that thing because it's going to get pretty heavy here soon. Take a look around at the Sixers fan sitting next to you and take inventory over the others in the room before shutting the door. Remember the names and faces of those that suffered with you in the dark days of the Bynum perm and rejoice with them as the light at the end of the tunnel expands with every block shot and no look pass from Simmons Embiid finishes at the cup.

Put an electrified fence around the woodworks and stare into the eyes and the stitching of every new Sixers fan with a ball cap fresh from the local sports store, and a 21 or 25 on their non-tear stained jersey and you judge them. Judge them long and hard before deciding to let them on your beloved bandwagon. You quiz them about their whereabouts during MCW's triple double, or when KJ McDaniels was making chase down blocks, when Hollis Thompson first dawned the 31, or Jrue Holiday jumping on the scorer's table "when we beat who in the playoffs?", make them tell you about Henry Sims' jumpshot, ask them about Daniel Orton, and who A.I. is as a trick question. You make them tell you about the pain and take not a one that mentions the name Hinkie.

They're coming with there faux history about being a Sixers fan and they'll give you the legends but they aren't diehards. Stay true to your core and celebrate the future.

Nothing but faith in what you guys have brewing. Congrats!!!

Posting from overseas. I have all sorts of sixers memorabilia around the home, including me beloved beer and shot glasses. My teenage son wears his Iverson and Simmons jerseys at local courts and gets loads of stick from Warriors and Cavs bandwagon fans.
Kolkmania
Analyst
And1: 1,664

Post#112 » by Kolkmania » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:59 am

One thing that helped me with this survival is the constant effort on the defensive end. I sincerely didn't mind watching JaKarr hustling on the court, because I knew what the goal of the whole process was. I hope we'll never abandon that philosophy.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#113 » by LloydFree » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:06 pm

Brandon Davies. Hinkie managed to get like 2 second round picks for him I think.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#114 » by BullyKing » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:18 pm

I will never forget the two years of NBA fans making fun of us for our faith in JoJo's greatness #theysleep
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#115 » by LloydFree » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:16 pm

I'll never forget the guys right here on this board who wanted to draft Dante Exum and Julius Randle over Joel Embiid.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#116 » by Unbreakable99 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:50 pm

LloydFree wrote:I'll never forget the guys right here on this board who wanted to draft Dante Exum and Julius Randle over Joel Embiid.

Fun times lol.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,463

Post#117 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:58 pm

I did have high hopes for James Nunally,
Thought Derrious Johnson Odom would be a fit,
Jarvis Varnado had promise as a shot blocker,
Casper Ware?
ET Da Gawd
Sixth Man
And1: 367

Post#118 » by ET Da Gawd » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:10 pm

deep6er wrote:Oh, are we still playing? Alright then, here's my list of the missing piece past their prime injured stars that we have acquired in dark times.

Bro, I thought EB was gonna take us to goon city the way he destroyed the nuggets in that playoff series before, then that damn Luc Richard jacked his shoulder up crazy
ET Da Gawd
Sixth Man
And1: 367

Post#119 » by ET Da Gawd » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:11 pm

LloydFree wrote:I'll never forget the guys right here on this board who wanted to draft Dante Exum and Julius Randle over Joel Embiid.

LMFAOO remember "Exum is a once in a generation guard" lolol...So happy Hinkie knew what he was doing
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,592

Post#120 » by sixerswillrule » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:13 pm

What's Elliot Williams up to these days?

Return to Philadelphia 76ers