ImageImageImage

WIP: Rumblings about a trade with Iguodala?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

sixerfan1976
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Re: WIP: Rumblings about a trade with Iguodala? 

Post#41 » by sixerfan1976 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:14 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:SF...so there is nothing to this? It was all rumors and no substance? When you say talks, you mean resigning and keeping right? Did Rhea make it up?

There are no major trade talks going on...focus is on getting andre and lou signed...and added a few vet min or rookie mins to round out roster.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#42 » by 51X3RF4N » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:26 pm

Damn. I was hoping there was something to this to get me through the next few weeks of boring news.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
Phillyboy
Analyst
And1: 19

Post#43 » by Phillyboy » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:44 pm

sixerfan1976 wrote:
51X3RF4N wrote:SF...so there is nothing to this? It was all rumors and no substance? When you say talks, you mean resigning and keeping right? Did Rhea make it up?

There are no major trade talks going on...focus is on getting andre and lou signed...and added a few vet min or rookie mins to round out roster.

If true this really would be the best news. The Sixers surprised everyone with how far they've come and how fast they got there. All with the core group they had that includes Igoudala and Lou Williams. Adding Brand makes them a level (or two) better.

I'd be content to go into the season with the team we have and if it needs tweaking we could revisit the issue in February. Thanks for the news SF1976!
Be a thinker. Not a stinker- Apollo Creed
The Sixer Fixer
Lead Assistant
And1: 60

Post#44 » by The Sixer Fixer » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:12 pm

sixerfan1976 wrote:nothing to update.....talks are ongoing......Iguodala is not going anywhere

Not that I think Iguodala will leave, but to be honest, you did tell us the day before Brand verbally commited to the Sixers that there was no chance he was coming here (you said something like "he's staying in LA, always has been").

Moral of the story is, you never know..things can change very quickly. All it takes is an insulting offer to Andre (or nasty negotiations) and he could easily say "FU, I want out". If the Sixers don't deal him he takes the 1 yr tender (not that I would be that opposed to that scenario playing out because it would actually give us room to sign othe rplayers).
psykosacul
Head Coach

Post#45 » by psykosacul » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:40 pm

someone called 950 around 4pm and said he heard the rumor was iggy for RIP. the jokers that were announcing ( harry and i dan i think are there names- they are bums) claimed that any sign and trade had to involve a slary coming back that was HALF of iguodala's salary. so if we signed him to a deal for 12 mill, we coud only take 6 back (assuming no other players were involved.

is this true? i know there is some rule about base year compensation, but i didnt think it was as simple as "half"
"get that hippy crap out of here." - the standford standout
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,751

Post#46 » by Stanford » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:48 pm

Am I the standford standout?
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Post#47 » by Sixerscan » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:48 pm

yeah thats right
psykosacul
Head Coach

Post#48 » by psykosacul » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:04 pm

Stanford wrote:Am I the standford standout?

yeah wasnt your name stanford standout before? i dont go for this name change stuff people pull. youre still the standout. and canadian. and i put the "d" in there on purpose because you had to point out to people before that they were typing it wrong.
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#49 » by freshie2 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:14 pm

psykosacul wrote:someone called 950 around 4pm and said he heard the rumor was iggy for RIP.

I'm completely in the Iguodala should return camp, but Rip would be a great fit as well. I can't see Detroit making the deal, but that is one exchange for Iguodala that I think is very reasonable.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#50 » by Stanford » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:20 pm

psykosacul wrote:
Stanford wrote:Am I the standford standout?

yeah wasnt your name stanford standout before? i dont go for this name change stuff people pull. youre still the standout. and canadian. and i put the "d" in there on purpose because you had to point out to people before that they were typing it wrong.

I'm honored.

Someone knows who I am! Woo!
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Post#51 » by Sixerscan » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:30 pm

who are you again?
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#52 » by Stanford » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:38 pm

I'm that guy who pissed everyone off and hated Sam. Then I got banned and came back

****, did I say that out loud
psykosacul
Head Coach

Post#53 » by psykosacul » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:42 am

standford... do you still hate sam? ive come around on him after last season. he isnt much better, its more about what he has subtracted (bonehead errors) i wouldnt want him traded at this point, i dont think he is easily replaceable... and, you got ban?

sixerscan: that reminds me... are you really keeping your sam avatar up? you still want him traded? i think its time wg takes over that spot
docwasoverated
Junior

Post#54 » by docwasoverated » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:57 am

freshie2 wrote:
psykosacul wrote:someone called 950 around 4pm and said he heard the rumor was iggy for RIP.

I'm completely in the Iguodala should return camp, but Rip would be a great fit as well. I can't see Detroit making the deal, but that is one exchange for Iguodala that I think is very reasonable.

i am on record that fair value for iggy and smith is rip and sheed ..imo iggy is the best player in the deal..today ! and certainly over the next 5-10 years..but we do not need to make this deal..only if iggy trys to force a trade would i look to move him
psykosacul
Head Coach

Post#55 » by psykosacul » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:10 am

freshie2 wrote:

RIP would be awesome. i like iggy, but rip would be an amazing second scoring option to brand, has playoff tested success, a ring, plays defense well, adds 3pt range to the position and is smart and disciplined on both ends of the court.

he makes 10. if iggy gets 11-12, we would have to add something to the table due to the base year compenstation rule that sixerscan confirmed for me. maybe the price for detroit getting younger is taking on willie greens contract?
IglooKing2
Freshman

Post#56 » by IglooKing2 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:56 am

Iguodala has some ability to guard larger SFs. Rip is just too small to do it. Unless the Sixers are confident that Thad can take up this role at least almost as effectively (and it's a lot to demand of him right now), then the trade isn't a smart idea.

Also, given his age, I can't see Rip getting much, if any, better than he already his. Whereas I could easily see Iguodala becoming a better shooter and finisher over the next 2-3 years.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#57 » by Stanford » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:20 am

psykosacul wrote:standford... do you still hate sam? ive come around on him after last season. he isnt much better, its more about what he has subtracted (bonehead errors) i wouldnt want him traded at this point, i dont think he is easily replaceable... and, you got ban?

I was implying that I'm actually Ricky. The joke didn't land.

psykosacul wrote:sixerscan: that reminds me... are you really keeping your sam avatar up? you still want him traded? i think its time wg takes over that spot

Willie gets more consideration at the avatar spot when he blows out the afro.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant

Post#58 » by 51X3RF4N » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:09 pm

I still would love to know what the whole thing on WIP was all about....

Were they making it up? Or was there an actual deal that had been making its rumored way around their sources? Was it so hush hush that maybe SF's source didn't hear about it? Is it potentially still being talked about?

I guess I'm just starved for news since such a big week a few weeks back.

BTW SF, not trying to call you out or make you out your source, but when you say things are definitely not happening or Iggy is definitely coming back, is it because of the tone or "feel" you are getting from talking to the guy? Or is he that close to the top that he truly KNOWS what is going down?

Just curious is all.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant

Post#59 » by 51X3RF4N » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:14 pm

BTW...great article here. I find it pretty well truthful and I am hoping we don't have to play guessing games after next season.

"When we last saw A.I. version 2.0, Tayshaun Prince was embarrassing him with his length. The Sixers' "star" looked downright skittish on the big stage, a shrinking violet, while players like Lou Williams, Thaddeus Young and Jason Smith -- all seeing their first postseason action -- weren't nearly as nervous, jittery or tense.

Through it all Cheeks and Stefanski still deferred to Iguodala...He was the guy.

When Brand scribbled is name on an $82 million dollar deal Wednesday, that all ended. Iguodala's short reign as "Batman" in Philadelphia was mercifully over.

Most think Andre can be the perfect "Robin." An Academy Award winning supporting actor that will stuff a stat sheet and torture people defensively ala Scottie Pippen. The fact he has already failed in that role with Allen Iverson is lost on most people.

You've heard the excuses, Iverson was selfish and needed the ball in is hands too much. Well, no one is going to be making those same complaints about Brand.

So all eyes will be on Iguodala. Will he sulk and disappear for long stretches or turn into the player his athleticism says he should be.

Book 20 and 10 for Brand...

Your guess is as good as mine with Iguodala."

http://sixers.realgm.com/articles/123/2 ... /_success/
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Post#60 » by tk76 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:25 pm

Iguodala might have the "Robin" #2 scoring role this year, but I expect Thad to be the #2 score as soon as 2 years from now. Assuming his contract isn't horrible, then Iguodala will be a fantastic #3 option/facilitator down the road. That should also allow him to re-emerge as a force on the defensive end.

Most top teams pay 3 guys 10M+, so I'm fine with Iguodala getting paid and only being the 3rd best option on offense- especially since he brings an all around game.

The bigger question is how will Iguodala adapt to no longer being the focal point on offense. People assume he would be happy taking l;ess shots- but that remains to be seen. I actually am optimistic that with winning he can embrace his role as more of a complementary score/creator.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers