SF76 Deadline Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

83SixersRocked
Head Coach
And1: 609

Re: Marc Stein on ESPN.com: 6ers determined to deal 

Post#81 » by 83SixersRocked » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:53 pm

sixerfan1976 wrote:
Slacktard wrote:I really really hope that article isn't saying the Sixers would move Iguodala by himself in a deal as a way of getting cap relief.

I dont think so......everything I heard is he is available if we package him with another contract

I hope not. Iggy's the best tradeable asset that gets an asset back. If they take that route, nuking is just about inevitable, and it'll be slow...and painful.

LMAO @ 'bebo'. I can almost hear him grumbling :) Its 'bebop', as in "Life In the Air Age". Unless it means something else too. ?
Reddevil42
Sophomore
And1: 0

Re: Sixerfan back re:Stein on ESPN.com: 6ers determined to deal 

Post#82 » by Reddevil42 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:57 pm

ok..i dont care really what happends anymore with this team. i dont blame the players 100%..OF COURSE I HATE THE COACH AND UPPER MGT..thats besides the point, im courious what is the chance of brand moving...and what teams could he go to..i know thats a broad question with a few diffrent possiblites, but wondering what is most likely to happen...if anything
LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#83 » by LongLiveHinkie » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:59 pm

If we trade Iguodala and Brand I think we are under the cap significantly after this season.
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#84 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:15 pm

"All-around player"? **sigh**. We can shoot better from 15 feet then Iguodala. I'm sorry, I get tired of watching the same act. If we're lucky, he'll keep his turnovers down, do a solid job rebounding and put some points on the board.

That's if we're lucky, Iguodala is not an "all-star" unless you mean a fringe all-star. Stefanski is right to hold onto Speights and Thad. Unless you've forgotten, Speights/Brand/Daly are pretty much our only bigs right now. And really, we don't have a future C. Speights COULD become a future C. I don't see a starting C in this draft. Favors and Cousins are more like 4's then 5's.

So it's important, it's our top priority to keep Speights. And to have him groomed by a legit big man coach.

See, Iguodala is a nice SF. But really, he's the kind of player that is a complimentary piece. He's overpaid, and he isn't this "all-star". We just give him shots and isolations.

Andre Miller was the perfect compliment to Iguodala, now Miller's gone. And now we have the worst half-court team possibly in the NBA. We were bad before, we're worse now.

Look: Imagine Thad's work place right now, he's expected to box out big men, for NO reason. Stefanski knows Thad's playing out of position and out of comfort zone, that's why he wants Brand back in the starting lineup.

It's like being good at painting, then being asked to be a construction worker. You know crap of construction work. Thad's not a 4, EFJ just misses Antawn Jamison. I don't want Thad to be Jamison. I want Thad to be Thad.

Iguodala holds Thad, and this entire team back. Actually, we ourselves are to blame. We gave him shots, we called him our "key guy". The key guy is barely averaging 43% shooting and is around those average from mid-range.

WE can do better, I don't think people realize how relatively easy it is to hit a 15 foot jumper. There are guys in the YMCA better then Iggy.
dbodner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 536

Post#85 » by dbodner » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:30 pm

twitter.com/DerekBodnerNBA :: Senior writer, The Athletic Philadelphia
Phastbreak91
Senior

Post#86 » by Phastbreak91 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:33 pm

Trading Iguodala, our best player, for salary relief is really stupid. The wachovia center will seriously average 5,000 people at the max if this happens. Only do it if brand is included and we better get something of value back.
sec-106
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#87 » by sec-106 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:42 pm

1st off, thanks SF76 for the info.

This has been the most painful season in memory. The coach has done nothing but bury this franchise, and the GM is too scared to do anything about it.

Saw Comca$t is losing exclusivity to Sportsnet, think that may push them to sell?
Gsraider
Starter
And1: 111

Post#88 » by Gsraider » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:48 pm

dbodner wrote:Image

Nice work Dbod's. I was going to respond with something along the lines of "this is a recording" but your post was much, much better. Sadly, I'm guessing the next, exact same post about Iguodala is probably being typed as I type this.
LarsV8
General Manager
And1: 3,882

Post#89 » by LarsV8 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:52 pm

Damn Morey is really playing hardball with you guys.
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#90 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:53 pm

Just to be clear: I don't hate Iguodala the person, I don't hate anyone. I hate losing.

And we need a shooting guard. I can't empathize how much a 2 guard would help us. Xavier Henry helps us more then John Wall. We need a 2 guard. It's a NEED.
dbodner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 536

Post#91 » by dbodner » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:19 am

if you had credibility, you lost it right there.
twitter.com/DerekBodnerNBA :: Senior writer, The Athletic Philadelphia
bdownbear
Senior
And1: 1

Post#92 » by bdownbear » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:21 am

Dedicated_76ers_fan wrote:Just to be clear: I don't hate Iguodala the person, I don't hate anyone. I hate losing.

And we need a shooting guard. I can't empathize how much a 2 guard would help us. Xavier Henry helps us more then John Wall. We need a 2 guard. It's a NEED.

How about Sherron Collins with our first pick?
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Post#93 » by tk76 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:35 am

I prefer Sam Bowie.
Tapoona
Ballboy

Post#94 » by Tapoona » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:36 am

Jazz fan here. I was just listening to local sports talk radio and the host mentioned that Iguodala had expressed interest in coming to Utah. I know, i know, don't believe everything i hear. I'm just wondering what players the Sixers might be interested in/need from the Jazz in order for a trade to work. For purposes of this discussion please don't say D-Will or Boozer because i don't think the Jazz would include them in a deal for Iguodala.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,193

Post#95 » by ProcessDoctor » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:36 am

Dedicated_76ers_fan wrote:Just to be clear: I don't hate Iguodala the person, I don't hate anyone. I hate losing.

GTFO. Save yourself from embarassment if you still can. I'm starting to think you just troll on purpose to get attention from other posters on here. You must enjoy it A LOT...
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
PrimeTime21
Analyst

Re: Marc Stein on ESPN.com: 6ers determined to deal 

Post#96 » by PrimeTime21 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:41 am

[quote="sixerfan1976
I know we tried to get houston to do Lou, Dalembert and Iguodala for McGrady, Cook and Lowry but they declined.

[/quote]

In the words of Homer Simpson "sweet merciful crap", is it me or is that deal so unbelievalby unfair for the Sixers it's laughable...and they said no? It must of been Cook being included that made them decline :lol:
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,193

Post#97 » by ProcessDoctor » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:42 am

Tapoona wrote:Jazz fan here. I was just listening to local sports talk radio and the host mentioned that Iguodala had expressed interest in coming to Utah. I know, i know, don't believe everything i hear. I'm just wondering what players the Sixers might be interested in/need from the Jazz in order for a trade to work. For purposes of this discussion please don't say D-Will or Boozer because i don't think the Jazz would include them in a deal for Iguodala.

Take Brand & Iguodala for AK47 & Boozer.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
bdownbear
Senior
And1: 1

Post#98 » by bdownbear » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:47 am

sixers238 wrote:
Tapoona wrote:Jazz fan here. I was just listening to local sports talk radio and the host mentioned that Iguodala had expressed interest in coming to Utah. I know, i know, don't believe everything i hear. I'm just wondering what players the Sixers might be interested in/need from the Jazz in order for a trade to work. For purposes of this discussion please don't say D-Will or Boozer because i don't think the Jazz would include them in a deal for Iguodala.

You know what the answer will be, so why ask.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#99 » by Foshan » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:49 am

sixers238 wrote:

Yeah I really don't see anything on UTA's roster that I'd deal Iggy alone for...
KKell2507
Starter
And1: 507

Post#100 » by KKell2507 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:52 am

I just dont understand what the rush is. Why not wait til the offseason and let some of the offseason play out before we make any drastic moves. No moves we make now will help in any way toward this team becoming better now or in the future, atleast not moves that cant also be done in the offseason.

Maybe one of the teams with cap space gets their guy but then wants to add a post player to him. Oh hey we have one rotting away on our bench! Just as an example, the knicks do get lebron but david lee decides to go elsewhere and the knicks want someone downlow to help lebron. You think the knicks wouldnt jump at the opportunity of adding a guy like Brand while only giving up jeffries and eddy curry, the two theyve wanted to rid themselves of for years? With that we then become the knicks of the 2011 free agent class with only 23mil(plus this years pick) locked up. All while keeping Iguodala, Speights, Lou, and Jrue, and the ability to still resign Young. we get almost 30 mil to spend on our choosing to add to the only pieces anyone is reluctant to lose.

And thats just one example. So many more options will likely come open for us in the offseason that just arent available right now and doing something just to save jobs will wreck whatever is left of this franchise for years.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers