ImageImageImage

SF76 Deadline Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

bebopdeluxe
RealGM
And1: 3,879

Re: Sixerfan back re:Stein on ESPN.com: 6ers determined to deal 

Post#61 » by bebopdeluxe » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:24 pm

The bottom line is that EFJ is only going to go if Stefanski goes...because if Stefanski had the power base to blow EFJ out without losing his own job, it would have been done by now. This team is playing at a 26-win pace, which - relative to the talent and payroll - is simply HORRIFIC.

And since Snider and Luukko don't give a crap about THIS organ-i-zation, we're doomed.
Juannydawkins
Junior
And1: 25

Post#62 » by Juannydawkins » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:31 pm

Post moved and combined, see page 6
: )
sixerbond
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#63 » by sixerbond » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:43 pm

Like I said on the trade board. I don't want to GIVE Iggy away for sure. But, a trade of Iggy to
the lakers for A.Bynum makes PERFECT sense all the way around. Bynum is not happy being the 4th or 5th fiddle on that team. And Iggy is a player with Tri-offense like abilities that would greatly improve the Lakers, rather than Fisher & Farmar..( Two slugs )..and Bynum would give us a " Traditional "
type of Big Center who can pair with Brand at the PF spot. Allowing Thad to finally play his natural SF position. And then allow us to start Jrue as our bigger PG, with either the smaller better suited SG types
of Lou Williams, or Willie Green.

Iggy for Bynum,,,straight up. It's the BEST, and most sensable trade that there is.
Gsraider
Starter
And1: 111

Post#64 » by Gsraider » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:45 pm

Right now, the perception of this team is terrible. They are considered a team that doesn't defend, they may have pieces that don't fit, they have some hefty contracts, and perhaps now, some are wondering if some of their young talent isn't as good as originally thought.

With that in mind, most fans think that they are horribly coached and those fans would be correct. At the same time, Philly has an empty arena and almost no optimism right now. Why would you trade guys that were considered "core guys" in that environment or give up on prospects already? Do you think that making a trade to dump salary will create any excitement? How about trading a young prospect on the cheap, only to see him flourish elsewhere?

Fire the coach and acknowledge the fans who are screaming for it. Then, put Brand back in the starting lineup and focus primarily on defense. If that doesn't work, well, I suppose those that suggest that the team simply sucks are proven right. If they improve some, you can decide if maybe some of these guys are actually worth keeping and/or you at least improve their trade value. All the while, enough time has passed that Philly is still in the lottery with a chance to grab J. Wall.
Juannydawkins
Junior

Post#65 » by Juannydawkins » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:53 pm

Post moved and combined, see page 6
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Post#66 » by tk76 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:04 pm

Right now the best thing that can happen is the Sixers continue to lose games. They have the 4th worst record right now, which gives them a great shot at a top 3 pick- maybe even a franchise saver like Wall.

But they are 2 wins away from the 8th pick, and5 wins from the 15th pick (making the 8th seed in the EC playoffs.) Missing out on a top 5 pick after all the crap thios team has put us through would be a worst case scenario...

My biggest fear is that Stefanski and Jordan feel they need to steal some wins to save their jobs. That is why I believe Ed needs to be fired. He's not in a position to make the moves this teams needs to take a step back in order to take 2 steps forward- because another step back might help the franchise, but it will cost Stefanski his job.
sixerbond
Banned User

Post#67 » by sixerbond » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:05 pm

God deng it!! If NBC will pay 40 Million dollars to Conan O" Brian just to Walk away,,,well Damn It! Ed Stefanski can afford a few Greenbacks to get EJ the HELL out of here :lol: :lol: :lol: ...right ?
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#68 » by tk76 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:22 pm

Conan can be our new coach... he's tall right?

Can't be worse than Jordan.
sixerbond
Banned User

Post#69 » by sixerbond » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:40 pm

Philly can't afford Conan. Seriously, I hear he's gonna get a new show on Fox, paying him more than 5 million a show, or 200 million a year. 200 Million a year ?...and you thought Dalembert was overpaid
huh :lol: :lol: :lol:
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#70 » by tk76 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:42 pm

That's a lot for being a clown...

BTW, from 950/Missinelli:

Elton Brand should be in the starting line up -Ed Stefanski

Ed Stefanski says aquiring Tracy Mcgrady is "in play"
sixerbond
Banned User

Post#71 » by sixerbond » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:48 pm

,,,What's 950 ? A radio station ? And who reported that T-Mac is in play ? Not that I don't believe you.
It would only prove that Comcast is the money-grubbing whores we all thought they are. Just moving more talented players for crippled ones who have no future at all. But whos deals end this season.
So, when did this story get reported ?

Thanks,
sixerfan1976
Assistant Coach

Post#72 » by sixerfan1976 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:57 pm

yeah its a possibility.....mcgrady..but the details have to get worked out.....they talk every couple days.

i agree on brand and think that was the GM sending a message to teh coach.
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#73 » by tk76 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:57 pm

http://sr950.com/

The #2 sports talk station in Philly. I posted direct quotes from their twitter: http://twitter.com/975TheFanatic

The Stefanski interview should be archived on their main site within the hour.
Butter
General Manager
And1: 124

Post#74 » by Butter » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:23 pm

sixerfan1976 wrote:yeah its a possibility.....mcgrady..but the details have to get worked out.....they talk every couple days.

i agree on brand and think that was the GM sending a message to teh coach.

sixersfan1976, you seem to have some inside info. Is there any interest from the Sixers in moving Dalembert to Portland?

I've seen fans post the Pryzbilla/Blake/#1 pick for Dalembert idea. Is that anything they'd be interested in? Blake seems like he'd be a big help with his perimeter shooting helping to open things up. He's an expiring contract, so obviously he could save them some $$$, or if he was a great fit, they would own his Bird rights.
Sometimes they live by the jumper, and some times they die by the jumper.
sixerfan1976
Assistant Coach

Post#75 » by sixerfan1976 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:25 pm

have heard nothing about dalembert to portland.

Blake is an expiring...but I think they have enough guards in play right now with Jrue, Lou, Green, Iverson....really no room for him.

I think they are focused on HOU or DAL right now..and if close to the deadline they cant get anything done..they may try and move a smaller salary for future considerations.
LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#76 » by LongLiveHinkie » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:04 pm

I only deal Iguodala if Brand is included. It isn't worth dealing him just to move Sammy.

Iguodala and Brand? Sign me up asap.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,194

Post#77 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:17 pm

I'm so sad we're trading one of the best all around players in the game for salary dump purposes...I don't understand why we can't just stand pat until the end of the year, continue to lose games and continue to rebuild. I hate that word, "rebuild." It's been around for so many years it feels like.

Sixersbond, I like the idea of trading Bynum for Iguodala, but how about the Lakers? The contracts of Ron Artest and Iguodala won't allow either of them to come off the bench. Unless you want L.A. to re-air showtime with Iguodala at the point...
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
mega montana
General Manager

Post#78 » by mega montana » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:27 pm

not holding my breath for anything big
Hates the Sixers' brass
sixersinsider
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#79 » by sixersinsider » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:47 pm

I think we are all under estimating Eddie the gms chances of pulling off something magical by the deadline

1.Tracy mcrady will be rerouted to another team if he is dealt to the sixers.

He is the most valuable contract in NBA HISTRORY
could net you a Deng Hinrick type of package.
or a {Amare, Booze Joe Johnson }

2.Tracy will only be dealt here if we get a pick or young player with him (lowry, scola)

3.Sixers will have 10 mill to sighn a mid level player (David lee Anthony morrow) type of player.

One potential Line up
Bigs Amare..... Scola...Aldrich
Brand.... Speights jason smith WE BE RUNNNNNNNNNNING
Thad.... Deng..carney
Morrow....Lou will
AI....Jrue,,Hinrick
Juannydawkins
Junior

Post#80 » by Juannydawkins » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:53 pm

Sixerfan: have they considered what would increase revenue, rather than tinkering with expenses?

More revenue would come from an exciting team. Basketball fans would be excited by:
1. A new coach utilizing this roster properly.
2. Jrue starting and being given more upside credit from the establishment to the press. ( would lead to jersey sales too)
3. The team utilized in their natural positions so we do not rely on ai2 to be a shooter.
4. Maybe, maybe a trade for a SG. But only a like value trade, not a dump

Don't they consider dumping players will result in dumping fans? They will lose money still because revenue goes down. How do we make revenue go up? Create an exciting product.

Dumping Eddie Jordan and committing to the long term health of this team by investing time in Jrue would be an exciting product, because we would be seeing what the future holds. Giving Brand the ability to be our leading veteran, along with AI would be an exciting product, because they both have a lot of value to add to our young guys. Running our guys out in their natural positions would be less frustrating - since we'll know that we aren't going to lose leads in the second half due to porous defense. There is a product here. It is just being mishandled by its representatives.

Now, if Stefanski is secretly worried about losing his job, the only thing that will save his job is a bold move that works. Honesty is bold - and firing EFJ honestly and setting rebuilding plans is bold. "Develop Jrue at 1, Iggy at 3, we're going to be on the block for a shooting guard with some size, as we have two great slashing guards in AI and Lou, and an amazing six man in Green, but a real need for a shooting guard ...." A real plan for a solid basketball team - that we, the not dumb fans can buy into.

There are other exciting things that can be done, but this is the most conservative, and Stefanski is obviously a conservative guy.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers