ImageImageImage

Draft slot 5-8

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Re: Draft slot 5-8 

Post#61 » by LongLiveHinkie » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:14 am

I would actually hate Aldrich or Monroe. I'm not a fan of either in the slightest. I'm not a big fan of this draft period... top or bottom. If we don't get a top 6 pick, I may not even watch the draft.

I'm not even a big fan of Wall. He can't shoot a lick and is a hard ass.
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach
And1: 395

Post#62 » by SparksFly87 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:57 pm

Xavier Henry is the guy he compliments Igoudola very well on the wings at either 2 or 3 with his size and shooting abilities. I think he can contribute right way too!
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,667

Post#63 » by Negrodamus » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:38 pm

Westbrook36 wrote:I would actually hate Aldrich or Monroe. I'm not a fan of either in the slightest. I'm not a big fan of this draft period... top or bottom. If we don't get a top 6 pick, I may not even watch the draft.

This could actually be a great draft with the lockout looming..
F-Stop
Sixth Man
And1: 85

Post#64 » by F-Stop » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:39 pm

If Monroe come's out and is avail you take him. Since this team lacks shooters you need passers to keep the D on its heels. Other than that trade down. Henry is second on my list if we decide to keep the pick. Bert walks out the door and Monroe is there to pick up the slack. Develop Meeks and go after Morrow from Golden State.
Make them respond to your way of playing not the other way around
The Guilty Party
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#65 » by The Guilty Party » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:29 am

Westbrook36 wrote:I would actually hate Aldrich or Monroe. I'm not a fan of either in the slightest. I'm not a big fan of this draft period... top or bottom. If we don't get a top 6 pick, I may not even watch the draft.

Based on this post and your signature, I think it's safe to say that you won't be watching a lot of NBA related programming in the future.

I will say this, it's a shame you're missing out on Jrue Holiday.

SparksFly87 wrote:Xavier Henry is the guy he compliments Igoudola very well on the wings at either 2 or 3 with his size and shooting abilities. I think he can contribute right way too!

I'm interested in Henry. If we end up in the 8-10 range and Johnson & Monroe are off of the board, I think Henry would be next on the board for me.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,771

Post#66 » by Skates » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:29 am

Negrodamus wrote:

This is a bit of a fallacy. There are no surefire lottery picks or impact players who are going to come out this year because of the new CBA that would not have come out anyway. Name one guy that would be a top 5 talent that will come out now, but would have stayed otherwise?

What may happen is this draft getting deeper in the middle to bottom half of the first round as players who might have stayed another year thinking they could move up next summer into the lottery come out now. For that reason, and given the Sixers' general state of things, if we don't get top five I would seriously consider trading down for multiple picks if anyone below us is willing to do it.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,411

Post#67 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:12 am

I too am for trading down if we can't land a top notch prospect. Elliot Williams, Avery Bradley, Jarvis Vanardo, Dominique Jones, and Greivis Vasquez would all be nice mid first round picks should we go that route.
F-Stop
Sixth Man
And1: 85

Post#68 » by F-Stop » Thu Apr 1, 2010 11:30 pm

I'm with you: I don't see any one out there were the 76ers are picking that have both the tools or the mentality to be a high level scorer that can play D. Trade down fill out the bench with young talent.
Make them respond to your way of playing not the other way around
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#69 » by freshie2 » Fri Apr 2, 2010 12:54 pm

How does Avery Bradley fill a role on a roster with Jrue as the starting PG and Lou as the diminutive scorer off the bench? We need to have right sized players...not more little scoring guards.

If the Sixers are @ 8 and Monroe is there, you grab him. Henry or Udoh would also be fine @ 8...Henry probably fills a need more than Udoh and has a ton of potential, so I think he's the pick, but I thik Udoh could turn out to be a very solid forward in this league as well.
Typeical
Lead Assistant
And1: 36

Post#70 » by Typeical » Fri Apr 2, 2010 1:39 pm

were too high so we probably not going to get favors, cousins or turner and in that case the draft will be a just as sucky as the season.

I guess xavier henry will do :roll:
The Guilty Party
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#71 » by The Guilty Party » Fri Apr 2, 2010 4:02 pm

The name that I am constantly seeing associated with us at #7 is Ed Davis and yet we barely ever talk about him. Anyone on here like Davis??
dbodner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 536

Post#72 » by dbodner » Fri Apr 2, 2010 4:10 pm

I wouldn't say he's really associated with us, just that he's associated with the 7th pick in the draft. I don't think any mock is really taking team needs into account at this point.

If we pass on Wes Johnson for Ed Davis (as DX currently has us doing), I'd lose it.
twitter.com/DerekBodnerNBA :: Senior writer, The Athletic Philadelphia
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,667

Post#73 » by Negrodamus » Fri Apr 2, 2010 4:25 pm

Skates wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

This is a bit of a fallacy. There are no surefire lottery picks or impact players who are going to come out this year because of the new CBA that would not have come out anyway. Name one guy that would be a top 5 talent that will come out now, but would have stayed otherwise?

What may happen is this draft getting deeper in the middle to bottom half of the first round as players who might have stayed another year thinking they could move up next summer into the lottery come out now. For that reason, and given the Sixers' general state of things, if we don't get top five I would seriously consider trading down for multiple picks if anyone below us is willing to do it.

Who in college basketball is a lottery pick but they aren't coming out? If you're a lottery pick in college basketball, chances are your name is in the draft right now. If someone is top five that isn't in the draft right now, then I don't know of them.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers