Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Re: 2014 

Post#601 » by 5DOM » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:40 pm

cgf wrote:Arsenal lost to a superior side at their ground. Chelsea drew a much inferior side at home. And the players missing make Chelsea's result even worse, as BVB may have missed Reus, mats and Kuba, but Schalke didn't have their first or second string back four and ended up using 3 midfielders and a winger in defense. While having their backup LB playing the 6.

Guess which one of the English teams is most likely to advance or win the group after the first round.
MaliBrah
RealGM
And1: 4,310

Post#602 » by MaliBrah » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:44 pm

cgf wrote:Arsenal lost to a superior side at their ground. Chelsea drew a much inferior side at home. And the players missing make Chelsea's result even worse, as BVB may have missed Reus, mats and Kuba, but Schalke didn't have their first or second string back four and ended up using 3 midfielders and a winger in defense. While having their backup LB playing the 6.

chelsea are still likely to top their europa league level group. We are in a hole already and might not finish first meaning a sure r16 exit again. Which probably drops us into pot 2 next year (if we even qualify lol)
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,760

Post#603 » by cgf » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:12 pm

5DOM wrote:

Guess which one of the English teams is most likely to advance or win the group after the first round.

Well that's obviously chelsea. They're not just a lot stronger than arsenal, but they also have an easier group. That doesn't make this one result any less embarrassing though.

It's like if you guys had to play against real last year with Matic and mikel in defense, Ramires at RB, Bertrand at the 6 and Schurrle at LB. If real drew you 1-1 under those circumstances that would've been embarrassing, no?
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#604 » by 5DOM » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:24 pm

cgf wrote:
5DOM wrote:

Well that's obviously chelsea. They're not just a lot stronger than arsenal, but they also have an easier group. That doesn't make this one result any less embarrassing though.

It's like if you guys had to play against real last year with Matic and mikel in defense, Ramires at RB, Bertrand at the 6 and Schurrle at LB. If real drew you 1-1 under those circumstances that would've been embarrassing, no?

I dunno. I'd be too busy celebrating to care :lol:

I agree it wasn't a good performance, but I am hoping that it won't matter much in the end anyway.
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#605 » by truth18 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:35 pm

5DOM wrote:
cgf wrote:
5DOM wrote:

I dunno. I'd be too busy celebrating to care :lol:

I agree it wasn't a good performance, but I am hoping that it won't matter much in the end anyway.

I mean the bottom line is that is was a pathetic effort, but Chelsea will still top the group. I actually think you guys could make the finals this year too.

Doesn't change the stinker today.
YOU LOSE
DD12
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#606 » by DD12 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:44 pm

Schalke will lose like this, chelsea will score 3-4 goals etc etc and then it ends 1-1 lol

We have Burak Yilmaz they don't.
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant
And1: 548

Post#607 » by Man of Steel » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:33 am

Surprised Barca`s only goal came off a set piece. Would`ve expected Messi and Neymar to run rampant on APOEL`s defense.

EDIT: just to throw my 2 cents in on the London clubs, Arsenal played a superior side at home and lost, but that superior side was missing how many players? Imagine how much worse it could have been for them.
Still embarrassing for Chelsea to draw to such a weak team, but no better for Arsenal IMO.
HALA MADRID || GO LEAFS GO || LET'S GO RAPTORS
ZUDAMAGIC
Veteran
And1: 1,765

Post#608 » by ZUDAMAGIC » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:35 am

Whens Liverpool vs Real Madrid.. Hope both squads are healthy because that game will be amazing.
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant

Post#609 » by Man of Steel » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:37 am

ZUDAMAGIC wrote:Whens Liverpool vs Real Madrid.. Hope both squads are healthy because that game will be amazing.
October 22 (three days before El Clasico :roll: ) and November 4
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,456

Re: AW: 2014 

Post#610 » by Foye » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:55 am

Never thought Chelsea could blow a game against this S04 squad.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using RealGM Forums mobile app
cgf
RealGM

Post#611 » by cgf » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:29 pm

I so should've done better in that draft lol.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant

Post#612 » by Man of Steel » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:54 am

avy material if it weren't for that thing on his head tbh
gotta gif that benzema-ronaldo link up
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#613 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:04 pm

where does City get their offense from? slow upfront with no creativity IMO.... fair to say?
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Boognish
RealGM
And1: 16,738

Post#614 » by Boognish » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:21 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:where does City get their offense from? slow upfront with no creativity IMO.... fair to say?

Silva, Nasri, Aguero, Toure? Dzeko/Aguero/Jovetic at striker?
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#615 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:35 pm

Boognish wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:where does City get their offense from? slow upfront with no creativity IMO.... fair to say?

Silva, Nasri, Aguero, Toure? Dzeko/Aguero/Jovetic at striker?

I know the guys....

Aguero is on the decline or flat overrated(i'm sure the City fans will disagree)...

Toure was misused and hardly a factor going forward, that was on scheme. Dzeko is solid but nothing dominating IMO...

I saw them play and there wasn't anything imposing vs the B defense of Bayern... Not really aggressive or creative, so I was left wondering where is the offense coming from? Silva and Nasri are tactical guys but they have no one to finish. Their finisher Dzeko needs to play better and smarter.
The ModFather

Boognish
RealGM
And1: 16,738

Post#616 » by Boognish » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:07 pm

Aguero is far and away the best striker in the EPL, maybe Costa gets a shout now, but if you don't consider him elite, not sure what to say. He's got the best goals per minute ratio in EPL history, and scored 28 in 34 for City last year. He's had hamstring problems the past year or so, but he's as good as it gets.

Agree that Toure was poor against Bayern, he seemed disinterested. Generally he's excellent.

Dzeko isn't world class or anything, but still a great player.

City scored over 100 goals last year in the league with Aguero playing 23 games. It was one game away to Bayern, City are explosive offensively.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#617 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:46 pm

Boognish wrote:Aguero is far and away the best striker in the EPL, maybe Costa gets a shout now, but if you don't consider him elite, not sure what to say. He's got the best goals per minute ratio in EPL history, and scored 28 in 34 for City last year. He's had hamstring problems the past year or so, but he's as good as it gets.

Agree that Toure was poor against Bayern, he seemed disinterested. Generally he's excellent.

Dzeko isn't world class or anything, but still a great player.

City scored over 100 goals last year in the league with Aguero playing 23 games. It was one game away to Bayern, City are explosive offensively.

I'll have to see more City games then... they did not look intriguing as I had them pegged before the start of CL.

I don't trust Argentines outside of Messi, maybe that's why...
The ModFather

truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#618 » by truth18 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:01 pm

Aguero has injury problems. He is far from over rated. He's incredible to say the least.

I'm not a city fan in any way
YOU LOSE
cgf
RealGM

Post#619 » by cgf » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:50 pm

Yeah, Aguero is spectacular, troure to when he's giving a ****, is pushed forward and is fit. Jovetic is a great talent if he ever gets healthy for them, and silva is a high caliber ten though he rarely gets to play there. That to me is Citeh's biggest problem, their very best players, Aguero, troure and silva, all thrive behind the striker, and you can't accommodate all three through the middle. And going to a formation that accomodate all three, say a 4-3-2-1, would leave them much too narrow unless Milner turns into di Maria as an 8/winger hybrid.

It is however why they're so good in the EPL, ridiculous depth at the key spots so that yaya's age and aguero's injuries don't hurt them too much.

I do really love Fernandinho, I was worried that next to Yaya he'd struggle to stay positional disciplined, given the rather free role he play for Shaktar as a pure box to boxer, but man has he surprised.

DD12
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#620 » by DD12 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:30 am

It will be a tough game against Arsenal. Actually, it will be tough for both sides.

Arsenal is not playing well, 4-3-3 is not their system even though Wenger wants them to play. Ozil is out of form, there is no solid striker. Now Ramsey, Wilshire are injured also.

Galatasaray is not playing well either. We have been changing our formation every game. Our defense is pretty shaky and Prandelli seems a bit lost.

Obviously, I believe we'll win. I hope Champions League anthem will wake our players up and show some pride against Arsenal. I expect at least a point from there.

P.S: 5000 Turks will be there too. Don't forget to put the volume down if you are an Arsenal fan since the only thing you'll hear is us.

Return to The General Soccer Board