2016–17 UEFA Champions League

Moderators: kdawg32086, Baphomet, LittleOzzy

Hellcrooner
Senior
Posts: 662
And1: 289
Joined: Aug 04, 2014
         

Re: 2016–17 UEFA Champions League 

Post#1041 » by Hellcrooner » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:04 am

Odds of winning the CL

Rm 90%
Juventus 8%
Atm and Monaco 1% each.

basically if Madrid does not win with both of the teams that can beat them ( if the ref does not allow 25 offside goals for them and leaves the other team with 6 players just for teh sake of it whilst casmiro gets to walk the court with an axe and a hammer clobbering everyone on sight unbooked) if they dont win it would be the most ashaming ridículous defeat in all the history of ashaming defeats.
User avatar
HIF
RealGM
Posts: 11,452
And1: 3,143
Joined: Mar 31, 2004
Location: France
         

Re: 2016–17 UEFA Champions League 

Post#1042 » by HIF » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:31 am

Hellcrooner wrote:Odds of winning the CL

Rm 90%
Juventus 8%
Atm and Monaco 1% each.

basically if Madrid does not win with both of the teams that can beat them ( if the ref does not allow 25 offside goals for them and leaves the other team with 6 players just for teh sake of it whilst casmiro gets to walk the court with an axe and a hammer clobbering everyone on sight unbooked) if they dont win it would be the most ashaming ridículous defeat in all the history of ashaming defeats.


Please. You sound more and more pathetic every time you post. Your team qualified through a penalty that was a foul outside the box. The refs "helped" you as much as they "helped" Real. The fact is Refs make mistakes - I don't really think your team paid the ref or that UEFA has planned it. **** happens. You benefitted, Real benefitted.

Real will beat you because they are better than you. Juve will beat you because they are better than you. Monaco may beat you because they are better than you, but you may beat them because they are inexperienced like Leicester.
No more talk about Family Riles. Just do you job! :noway:

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Riko
Junior
Posts: 370
And1: 156
Joined: Dec 17, 2015
   

Re: 2016–17 UEFA Champions League 

Post#1043 » by Riko » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:03 am

HIF wrote:Please. You sound more and more pathetic every time you post. Your team qualified through a penalty that was a foul outside the box. The refs "helped" you as much as they "helped" Real. The fact is Refs make mistakes - I don't really think your team paid the ref or that UEFA has planned it. **** happens. You benefitted, Real benefitted.


Well, that's not true. Even without the penalty Atletico wuold have qualified.

IMHO, Juve will win the CL. Last september I had them second behind Bayern but with the germans out I can't see a team with the same quality and experience in every zone (GK, defense, midfield, offense) of the field.
User avatar
HIF
RealGM
Posts: 11,452
And1: 3,143
Joined: Mar 31, 2004
Location: France
         

Re: 2016–17 UEFA Champions League 

Post#1044 » by HIF » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:51 am

Riko wrote:
HIF wrote:Please. You sound more and more pathetic every time you post. Your team qualified through a penalty that was a foul outside the box. The refs "helped" you as much as they "helped" Real. The fact is Refs make mistakes - I don't really think your team paid the ref or that UEFA has planned it. **** happens. You benefitted, Real benefitted.


Well, that's not true. Even without the penalty Atletico wuold have qualified.



We'll never know. If the first leg was a 0-0 draw then the second leg would have had different tactics from both teams. For a start AM would have needed to score. Anyway we're out and the past is the past.

Glad to see that AM have got the easy team they wanted in the Semis. I'll be cheering on Juve for the title as well.
No more talk about Family Riles. Just do you job! :noway:

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
User avatar
magik9113
General Manager
Posts: 8,441
And1: 594
Joined: Feb 03, 2006
       

Re: 2016–17 UEFA Champions League 

Post#1045 » by magik9113 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:52 pm

If those odds are real then I shall put money on Juve
Image
User avatar
Baphomet
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 9,120
And1: 2,647
Joined: Dec 03, 2008
Location: UK
Contact:
   

Re: 2016–17 UEFA Champions League 

Post#1046 » by Baphomet » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:52 pm

Real's odds of winning aren't 90%, let's be serious here...
User avatar
shawn_hemp
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,721
And1: 930
Joined: Aug 27, 2014
   

Re: 2016–17 UEFA Champions League 

Post#1047 » by shawn_hemp » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:20 pm

Bovada has these odds atm

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2016/17

Real Madrid +160
Juventus +160
Atlético Madrid +400
Monaco +800
Riko
Junior
Posts: 370
And1: 156
Joined: Dec 17, 2015
   

Re: 2016–17 UEFA Champions League 

Post#1048 » by Riko » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:36 pm

Another bookmaker:
Juve 5/13 (37%)
Real 5/14 (35%)
Atletico 1/5 (20%)
Monaco 2/17 (11%)
sleepyvato
Suns Forum Tank Advocate
Posts: 386
And1: 303
Joined: Jul 13, 2016
     

Re: 2016–17 UEFA Champions League 

Post#1049 » by sleepyvato » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:58 pm

For all those that think only Real Madrid benefited from Kassai's terrible officiating here you go:

https://streamable.com/ff13b

Most important decisions:
-Ramos being held inside the box and no penalty being called in the 27th minute of the game.
-Vidal fouling Casemiro in what should have been a second yellow card in the 48th minute of the game, long before he got sent off.
-Questionable penalty given to Bayern in what appears to be Robben doing one of his signature dives inside the box (not even going to mention the non-existent penalty they got in the first leg lol).
-Bayern's second goal, the own goal, was in fact illegal, as Lewandowski was clearly offside so this game never would have gone to extra time if the officiating was correct for both sides. For those that argue "but he didn't even touch the ball", it doesn't matter, under the rules this is considered offside and Lewandowski is interfering in the play. There was a similar play in extra time, where Ronaldo was called offside just for being near the ball, after Carvajal sent a cross into the box and Ronaldo didn't touch the ball at all.
-First half of extra time, Casemiro gets taken down in the box and no penalty is called.

Also, more proof that Vidal should have been sent off sooner than he did:



I agree that Casemiro should have been sent off and that two of Real Madrid's goals were offside, but if this match was correctly officiated then these events where Madrid benefited, likely would not have happened. All in all, the officiating was terrible for both teams and I don't think anyone can disagree with this when looking at all the evidence. Thank you to all that took the time to read this post, have a good day. :)
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 9,002
And1: 832
Joined: Mar 15, 2012
         

Re: 2016–17 UEFA Champions League 

Post#1050 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:10 pm

The draw is set!(damn busy work morning!)

Real vs Atleti... of course... two finals in three years between them... it will be great to see another leg between them. One Madrid Stands... one Madrid falls....

Juve vs Monaco... thats really going to be a good one too...

Two very good Semi matchups IMO.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Hellcrooner
Senior
Posts: 662
And1: 289
Joined: Aug 04, 2014
         

Re: 2016–17 UEFA Champions League 

Post#1051 » by Hellcrooner » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:47 pm

HIF wrote:
Hellcrooner wrote:Odds of winning the CL

Rm 90%
Juventus 8%
Atm and Monaco 1% each.

basically if Madrid does not win with both of the teams that can beat them ( if the ref does not allow 25 offside goals for them and leaves the other team with 6 players just for teh sake of it whilst casmiro gets to walk the court with an axe and a hammer clobbering everyone on sight unbooked) if they dont win it would be the most ashaming ridículous defeat in all the history of ashaming defeats.


Please. You sound more and more pathetic every time you post. Your team qualified through a penalty that was a foul outside the box. The refs "helped" you as much as they "helped" Real. The fact is Refs make mistakes - I don't really think your team paid the ref or that UEFA has planned it. **** happens. You benefitted, Real benefitted.

Real will beat you because they are better than you. Juve will beat you because they are better than you. Monaco may beat you because they are better than you, but you may beat them because they are inexperienced like Leicester.


Dude
0-0 at madrid and 1-1 at leicester stil qualified us.

And you dont talk about the penalty they didnt caul on Saul on the first leg.

DEal with it, you had a nice Cl season and thats that.
User avatar
HIF
RealGM
Posts: 11,452
And1: 3,143
Joined: Mar 31, 2004
Location: France
         

Re: 2016–17 UEFA Champions League 

Post#1052 » by HIF » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:26 pm

Hellcrooner wrote:
HIF wrote:
Hellcrooner wrote:Odds of winning the CL

Rm 90%
Juventus 8%
Atm and Monaco 1% each.

basically if Madrid does not win with both of the teams that can beat them ( if the ref does not allow 25 offside goals for them and leaves the other team with 6 players just for teh sake of it whilst casmiro gets to walk the court with an axe and a hammer clobbering everyone on sight unbooked) if they dont win it would be the most ashaming ridículous defeat in all the history of ashaming defeats.


Please. You sound more and more pathetic every time you post. Your team qualified through a penalty that was a foul outside the box. The refs "helped" you as much as they "helped" Real. The fact is Refs make mistakes - I don't really think your team paid the ref or that UEFA has planned it. **** happens. You benefitted, Real benefitted.

Real will beat you because they are better than you. Juve will beat you because they are better than you. Monaco may beat you because they are better than you, but you may beat them because they are inexperienced like Leicester.


Dude
0-0 at madrid and 1-1 at leicester stil qualified us.

And you dont talk about the penalty they didnt caul on Saul on the first leg.

DEal with it, you had a nice Cl season and thats that.


I've dealt with it.

Now I'm looking forward to seeing the big Madrid team play the small Madrid team.
No more talk about Family Riles. Just do you job! :noway:

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:

Return to The General Soccer Board