2011-12 Bundesliga - Dortmund Champion

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Munchlaxatives
RealGM
And1: 9

Re: 2010/11 Bundesliga-Thread 

Post#41 » by Munchlaxatives » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:52 am

Foye wrote:
Munchlaxatives wrote:I don't know how Bayern Munich win with Demichelis. He looks bad with Bayern and Argentina.

Their offense is so good that they always score at least one goal more than Martin Demichelis produces against on the defensive end. :D

Overall, Demichelis sucked badly midway through the season (making a bad error in almost every game) but at the end of the season he was solid.

BTW. it looks like Bayern Munich might be the front runner in the race for Edin Dzeko now.
And Sami Khedira will go to Real Madrid.

I know Bremen has good young CBs, why don't they get a chance when Müller did?
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,455

Post#42 » by Foye » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:45 am

Munchlaxatives wrote:
Foye wrote:
Munchlaxatives wrote:I don't know how Bayern Munich win with Demichelis. He looks bad with Bayern and Argentina.

Their offense is so good that they always score at least one goal more than Martin Demichelis produces against on the defensive end. :D

Overall, Demichelis sucked badly midway through the season (making a bad error in almost every game) but at the end of the season he was solid.

BTW. it looks like Bayern Munich might be the front runner in the race for Edin Dzeko now.
And Sami Khedira will go to Real Madrid.

I know Bremen has good young CBs, why don't they get a chance when Müller did?

Namely who?

Kurd_CB4 wrote:
Foye wrote:
Kurd_CB4 wrote:Yah it was a horrible signing for bayern, hope they can flip him for a semi decent CB. Can't stand Demicheles, dude give's up so many goals. He should never have a starting job at a club like Munich. How long is Ribery's new deal, so glad they kept him.

5 years. Martin Demichelis could be pure world class. 2 years ago Demichelis was a hell of a centre back. I don't know why but he has settled for having one catastrophal error every game now. :crazy:

Awsome! Yah lol, I barley watch any games, but every time I see him play he gives up a goal. the two goals Milito scored were entirely his fault.

Rather Munich go after a strong CB, then another goal scorer. The offense is already great, just got to improve the 2 cb's and get a younger goalie.

Actually, the 2nd goal was van Buyten's and not Demichelis fault but I agree that Munich definitely needs a world class CB if they want to win the Champions League one day. :dontknow:
Going after Dzeko wouldn't be wrong though. Unlike Mario Gomez, Edin Dzeko has a great technique for his size and even more important he's able to combinate with his teammates in front of the goal. He should be able to fit in nicely with Munich's highly skilled offense.

--------------Dzeko----------------
---Ribery--Müller--Robben---
Schweinsteiger-van Bommel

That's pure world class in the offense with a skilled central midfielder in Toni Kroos and MR. "I run 20 miles per game" Olic of the bench.
Other than Barcelona I don't think you will find a better offense around the world than what Munich would have with Edin Dzeko.
They should be going after a world class defender before they go after the cherry on the cake but you can't blame them for wanting Edin Dzeko.
Sleepy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 68
Location: The Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt.

Post#43 » by Sleepy » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:04 am

Buying Dzeko with Olic (who fits their system way better), Klose and Gomez already on board would be stupid if they don't address their defensive problems first. Rumors have them looking at Luiz and van der Wiel, but who knows how reliable that is. They already back off from buying Contranto to start Contento full time next season. Could be a smart and costsaving move, could be a disaster. If they can get one or two additional defenders and If they can get rid of either Klose or Gomez, I could see a Dzeko transfer.

I like the Khedira move to Madrid. It's agreed upon, but wasn't finished yesterday. Anyway, we need our players to make the move to the other leagues. It just adds diversity and additional experience to German soccer in general. Podolski should've went to the Premiere League to develop his game (not to the big four, but something like Tottenham); him being in Cologne is total stagnation.
Madrid is probably not the best place for Khedira, but, like you say, if he makes it there, he can make it anywhere.

Oh, any while speaking of Stuttgart: They won some stupid Europe League qualification game 2:3 in Norway vs Molde. Judging by the result and the lineups, it must've been one sloppy game.
Sleepy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Location: The Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt.

Post#44 » by Sleepy » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:16 am

Munchlaxatives wrote:I know Bremen has good young CBs, why don't they get a chance when Müller did?

I guess you mean Munich... they had/have two ok CB in Niedermeier and Badstuber and one potentially great one in Hummels. Niedermeier is barely Bundesliga material, Badstuber is solid, I guess, and Dortmund paid 4.5 mil € for Hummels, which was a lot of money for them.
Still, it was a mistake to sell him.
Foye

Post#45 » by Foye » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:32 am

I guess Gomez or Klose would be trade material to Wolfsburg in a transfer for Dzeko.

Selling Mats Hummels was a dumb move. I think he's better than Badstuber. They've also got Breno who was bought for 10 mil. € two seasons ago and was considered one of Brazil's biggest CB talents at that time but he's recovering from a serious injury. Not sure if this dude will ever work out.

Selling Khedira for 14-15 mil € to Real Madrid was a smart move by Stuttgart. They've got Christian Träsch and Zdravko Kuzmanovic who can fill Khedira's role. I like both of them very much. With that kind of talent waiting to replace Khedira it was the best move to sell him now as long as they get money for him.

Speaking of Stuttgart, they really need some more help up front, though. They should reinvest that money and find a striker who can put the ball into the net next to Cacau. Marica and Pogrebnyak don't offer that. Especially Pogrebnyak who they signed last season to fill the Mario Gomez void sucked badly last season. 6 goals in 28 matches is awful for a central striker. :dontknow:
Senior
And1: 0

Post#46 » by 1982 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:45 pm

I have a feeling Khedira will be fine in Madrid. With Gerard unlikely to move Khedira seems to have become Mourinho's pick for the midfield.

Gomez and Tymoshchuk seem to be on the table for Dzeko, and now Juve supposedly quit going for him. IMO it might be fairly good for Wolfsburg since they are not so concerned with getting paid for Dzeko. Tymoshchuk as an anchor would really solidify the midfield, and make Misimovic even more dangerous.

Anyhow, as long as Van gaal has a say there will be no Van der wiel for Bayern, which I think is a good thing. He's highly overrated. Coentra would be nice, but if not that's not so bad. Contento is pretty solid. He's decent with his standing tackles and pretty quick in getting back in front of his man when he gets beat. And his positioning isn't so bad that couldn't be hidden with some help from the midfield.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,739

Post#47 » by cgf » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:03 pm

1982 wrote:I have a feeling Khedira will be fine in Madrid. With Gerard unlikely to move Khedira seems to have become Mourinho's pick for the midfield.

Gomez and Tymoshchuk seem to be on the table for Dzeko, and now Juve supposedly quit going for him. IMO it might be fairly good for Wolfsburg since they are not so concerned with getting paid for Dzeko. Tymoshchuk as an anchor would really solidify the midfield, and make Misimovic even more dangerous.

Anyhow, as long as Van gaal has a say there will be no Van der wiel for Bayern, which I think is a good thing. He's highly overrated. Coentra would be nice, but if not that's not so bad. Contento is pretty solid. He's decent with his standing tackles and pretty quick in getting back in front of his man when he gets beat. And his positioning isn't so bad that couldn't be hidden with some help from the midfield.

I just think there's too much competition in Real's midfield and with all of that talent up top Khedira won't be making as many runs to improve the parts of his game that need the most work, his timing and comfort on the ball in the box. If he got those down and became a good scorer on top of his versatile skillset he'd be a sweet central mid.

lol, if Wolfsburg took Gomez as part of any package for Dzeko I'd laugh, Tymoshchuk would be a sweet addition, but Gomez is ridiculously awful now-a-days. A tymo + cash offer would make sense for both sides although I do think that Olic is a better fit for Bayern than Dzeko and they've got too many strikers on board to shell out for Dzeko without moving Gomez or Klose.

I think van der Wiel would be a good addition for Bayern, mainly because it'd put Lahm back on the left where he's more dangerous being able to use his speed to cut inside a la Robben. Plus van der Wiel's a good young wing back, he's kinda like a young Lahm IMO in that he's a great athlete, with good stamina who's a good defender and has skills going forward, neither will be confused with maicon but both can get forward and launch in some good crosses/passes.
Munchlaxatives
RealGM

Post#48 » by Munchlaxatives » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:49 am

Sleepy wrote:
Munchlaxatives wrote:I know Bremen has good young CBs, why don't they get a chance when Müller did?

I guess you mean Munich... they had/have two ok CB in Niedermeier and Badstuber and one potentially great one in Hummels. Niedermeier is barely Bundesliga material, Badstuber is solid, I guess, and Dortmund paid 4.5 mil € for Hummels, which was a lot of money for them.
Still, it was a mistake to sell him.

Whoops, yeah.

What about Breno?
I'm sorry I haven't been funny. I am not a comedian. I am Lenny Bruce.
Sleepy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#49 » by Sleepy » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:46 am

Made a lot of mistakes when he played for Munich in his first season. Not really unexpected, but as the Bayern were pretty sucky overall at that time, they didn't have the patience and strength to develop him. Got loaned out to Nurembeg, looked pretty meh for a few games and then ruptured his cruciate ligament. Will miss most of this season.
Foye

Post#50 » by Foye » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:36 am

Sleepy wrote:Made a lot of mistakes when he played for Munich in his first season. Not really unexpected, but as the Bayern were pretty sucky overall at that time, they didn't have the patience and strength to develop him. Got loaned out to Nurembeg, looked pretty meh for a few games and then ruptured his cruciate ligament. Will miss most of this season.

He did well in his 7 games in Nuremberg. Then again it's only 7 games.
bargs
Starter
And1: 11

Post#51 » by bargs » Sun Aug 1, 2010 10:05 am

i really enjoyed this thread, and i admit bundesliga did huge steps toward the elite of football..they got the chance to improve the entire system by renovating the stadiums and the attendance numbers prove that. I think is just a model to pursue, including the financial situation and balance sheets.

especially now with the upcoming financial fair play, many teams will be in trouble..
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#52 » by 5DOM » Tue Aug 3, 2010 4:35 pm

Robben's expected to be out for 2 months.
This guy...
Sleepy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#53 » by Sleepy » Tue Aug 3, 2010 6:14 pm

And Ribery is doing his best Papillion impression.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... 12&cc=5739
Point forward
Head Coach
And1: 285

Post#54 » by Point forward » Tue Aug 3, 2010 7:03 pm

5DOM wrote:Robben's expected to be out for 2 months.
This guy...

Ouch, that guy is reported to have a 2 inch hole in his thigh :o Probably means that Müller will be shifted from hole striker to the right wing, Kroos plays the #10 role and Olic starts up front.
Jogi Löw to Mario Götze wrote:Show the world that you are better than Messi.
Foye

Post#55 » by Foye » Tue Aug 3, 2010 9:02 pm

Point forward wrote:
5DOM wrote:Robben's expected to be out for 2 months.
This guy...

Ouch, that guy is reported to have a 2 inch hole in his thigh :o Probably means that Müller will be shifted from hole striker to the right wing, Kroos plays the #10 role and Olic starts up front.

Two inches???

I had a 1 inch hole in my thigh just above my knee due to injury two years ago (and it's still there) :lol: but 2 inches seems almost impossible. If I have a 2 inch hole in my thigh then I've got a very large hole in my bone as well :dontknow:
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#56 » by Basti » Thu Aug 5, 2010 1:02 am

slightly OT: Hansa Rostock lost. damn it. is there any way to watch 3rd league games except tuning into a drittes programm?
Munchlaxatives
RealGM

Post#57 » by Munchlaxatives » Thu Aug 5, 2010 2:39 am

basti wrote:slightly OT: Hansa Rostock lost. damn it. is there any way to watch 3rd league games except tuning into a drittes programm?

Damn. I remember watching the last weeks when they barely got relegated from the top flight.
Foye

Post#58 » by Foye » Thu Aug 5, 2010 10:27 am

basti wrote:slightly OT: Hansa Rostock lost. damn it. is there any way to watch 3rd league games except tuning into a drittes programm?

I don't think so.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#59 » by Basti » Thu Aug 5, 2010 11:55 am

Munchlaxatives wrote:

Damn. I remember watching the last weeks when they barely got relegated from the top flight.

good times.
Foye

Post#60 » by Foye » Thu Aug 5, 2010 12:01 pm

A little old but Rafinha was sold to Genua BTW. He should've been able to find a better club. :lol:

Return to The General Soccer Board