Official Team USA Soccer Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

PANDEMONEUM
Analyst
And1: 403

Re: Official Team USA Thread 

Post#1201 » by PANDEMONEUM » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:19 pm

tmanjr121 wrote:IDK if this was already discussed but did anyone hear that FAGundez isn't gonna play for the MNT. What do u guys think about his decision ?

maybe this question fits better under, MLS or NEs thread

from my understanding, he doesnt have American citizenship, and he is Uruguayian (spelling?)
so, even if he wanted and we wanted him on the usa nat team, he would have to get citizenship and then apply for the 1 time switch.
tmanjr121
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#1202 » by tmanjr121 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:36 pm

PANDEMONEUM wrote:
tmanjr121 wrote:IDK if this was already discussed but did anyone hear that FAGundez isn't gonna play for the MNT. What do u guys think about his decision ?

maybe this question fits better under, MLS or NEs thread

from my understanding, he doesnt have American citizenship, and he is Uruguayian (spelling?)
so, even if he wanted and we wanted him on the usa nat team, he would have to get citizenship and then apply for the 1 time switch.

Right, but like Nagbe or Zelalem couldn't he just have waited to get his citizenship?
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#1203 » by and1GS » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:57 pm

I think Nagbe had been here for school or something and Zelalem was a weird case - he was here as a teenager for a handful of years.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
GS Warriors 1
General Manager
And1: 456

Post#1204 » by GS Warriors 1 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:14 am

Zelalem was here from 7 to 16 if I remember the reports correctly.
MiniMamba24
Pro Prospect
And1: 78

Post#1205 » by MiniMamba24 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:14 am

PANDEMONEUM wrote:http://www.ussoccer.com/matches/mnt/2015/150325-mnt-v-den#tab-2

Defenders-
Fabian Johnson
Ventura Alvarado - i believe he is a CB. im ready to see him over Orozco and Ream
John Brooks
Timmy Chandler
Greg Garza
Michael Orozco - not international quality
Tim Ream - versatile. but is always good for 1 big mistake
Brek Shea
DeAndre Yedlin

Correct, he is mostly a CB but has played some RB. However, as a Club America fan, don't get your hopes too high. I don't understand the hype that has surrounded him these past few months. He is arguably the worst defender we have. He is slow and constantly gets beaten. Just watch highlights of the America - Tigres final and you can see how Damian Alvarez had his way with him so you can forget about him playing as a RB against fast teams.

This season he has mainly played CB when the club plays with a 5 man formation on defense. Even then, he seems lost at times on defense and loses his defender. If you watch highlights of their recent game vs Herediano in the CONCACAF champions league, watch how he just doesn't follow the play on the first goal by Esteban Ramirez. Obviously that was bad defense all around but if you look at Ventura, you'll get a glimpse of the mishaps you can expect from him on defense.

At the end of the day, the dude is still young and has a lot of room for improvement. I am obviously rooting for him and hope he does well. These past few games he has been coming off the bench for the team before being an undisputed starter for almost the entire season so hopefully this gets his confidence up. I'll definitely be watching and supporting the USMNT until the Gold Cup :)
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,090

Post#1206 » by magik9113 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:41 pm

goooooooooooooal
Bradley to Jozy to Johannsson
:clap:
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Post#1207 » by LittleOzzy » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:54 pm

TFC TFC TFC!!!!
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1208 » by magik9113 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:58 pm

King Bendtner just too much to handle
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1209 » by magik9113 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:06 pm

THE KING! I was totally hoping to see him score that volley...for the love of soccer. Lord Bendtner 3 - USA 2. I enjoyed the match...we seriouslyyyyyyyy blew it though.
GS Warriors 1
General Manager

Post#1210 » by GS Warriors 1 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:19 pm

Poor defending in the last few minutes.
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,214

Post#1211 » by J-Mezzy » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:29 pm

Bendtner? Really? What's going on?
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,442

Post#1212 » by KF10 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:40 pm

Overall, terrible match by the USMNT.

They got flat out beat.
PANDEMONEUM
Analyst

Post#1213 » by PANDEMONEUM » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:16 pm

im not even mad about that game
ive come to expect these kinds of performances

jozy, who i normally hate, had very good work rate. still subpar on his traps, control and hold up play. but he pressured very well and moved well.
aj. other than the goal, was nowhere to be found
fabian. didnt even see him the first 20mins. he did nothing.
zardes. not really a midfielder. winger ok. forward is his spot. thought he combined well and helped the midfield. but we didnt get to see him do anything the final 3rd
bradley. felt he played a good game. still played the more attacking CM role with bedoya behind him. thats never going to be his best spot. lately, i feel like Bradley stays away from contact. cant do that if you are a CM.
bedoya. he put in a good work rate as usual, but didnt make any impact on the game. never saw him join in on any attack.
chandler, brooks, garza. all were bad to poor. all had 1 or 2 mistakes. some bad positioning and bad clearance. as a defender, you should be able to stop crosses and, keep the offensive player in front of you and all 3 made mistakes in those regards. normally, i like brooks, just think he made a few too many mistakes. i also like garza, and before yesterdays game, i was ready to make him the L.FB from now on. but, he made alot of mistakes, and was caught high a few times and couldnt run guys down. so hes taken a step down, to me.
i hate chandler. ive always hated chandler. i dont want him on the team.
orozco. normally, i hate him and dont want him on the team. this game, he made the least mistakes and was sound defensive positions, mostly. he was the best out of our D line.
rimando. he was not good. made everyone nervous. hes starting to decline. the #3 spot might be open from here on out.

subs.
shea good.
morales, bad first few minutes, then thought he did well and combined well. made advancing passes.
everyone else, bad or nonexistent.
PANDEMONEUM
Analyst

Post#1214 » by PANDEMONEUM » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:20 pm

1st goal, by Jozy

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5wRCV0jxlc[/youtube]
PANDEMONEUM
Analyst

Post#1215 » by PANDEMONEUM » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:21 pm

AJs goal

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdGH4TUqyyc[/youtube]
PANDEMONEUM
Analyst

Post#1216 » by PANDEMONEUM » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:24 pm

relive all the FAIL that allows THE LORD to score a hatrick

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjNwMOAJvFQ[/youtube]
PANDEMONEUM
Analyst

Post#1217 » by PANDEMONEUM » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:06 pm

TOMORROW

USA vs Switzerland
March 31, 2015 11 AM CT
FOX Sports 1, UniMás, UDN

AJ out cause of toe injury
collegiate player Morris in
PANDEMONEUM
Analyst

Post#1218 » by PANDEMONEUM » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:09 pm

so, did anyone watch the game ?

.........zardes - altidore
..morales - bradley - bedoya
.............wiliams
shea - brooks - orozco - chandler
.............rimando

Brek Shea took a free kick, about 22 yards out on the right side
took a lefty right over the wall, upper 90
keeper with no chance to get it
truly was a great kick

i still hate chandler.
i just dont think he provides anything positive
hes out of position sometimes, and thats the biggest mistake you cannot allow as a defender

brooks and orozco did well, didnt make any mistakes

shea, was in good position all game. as a new L.FB this season that has been everyones concern. even watching him on Orlando, you could see he would take some bad angles. he was sound positionally for todays game.

williams did his job. was in good position, protected the back line. sometimes he dropped too deep and looked like the 3rd CB, and left a few chances as the top of the box open. not sure how much thats an issue, if any.

morales, bradley, bedoya. this was a very good midfield. combined well. covered for each other well. i was a little surprised that morales provided some width. hes more of a DM than a Mid or outside mid. this was a nice grouping of mids.
bradley, missed a wide open shot on goal from 8yards out. really should have converted it.

zardes, altidore. they moved well. covered good ground, but,
i didnt see them dribble and challenge people. i didnt see much combination between the two.
then altidore fouled a player, because he wasnt getting some calls, throws out an F bomb right in the refs face, and gets a red for descent.

rimando was in the 1st half, no complaints about him
Yarborough in the 2nd half. i really liked him. hes your traditional tall keeper. he came out to the top of the box to get long passes, first. he got alot of work cause we were down to 10 men. i like him alot. i would put him in front of s.johnson and hamid. i feel more comfortable with him all ready.

alvarado
Alvarado didnt make any mistakes, he really wasnt noticeable, which is good imo for a CB. came in at the half.

yedlin and morris came in late. noting really to report
PANDEMONEUM
Analyst

Post#1219 » by PANDEMONEUM » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:13 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0HkJ5AQWc4[/youtube]
GS Warriors 1
General Manager

Post#1220 » by GS Warriors 1 » Wed Apr 1, 2015 10:07 pm

Bedoya was the best player for USA yesterday IMO.

Return to The General Soccer Board