The Official Turkish Süper Lig Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

DD12
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Re: The Official Turkish S 

Post#121 » by DD12 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:22 pm

Burak Yilmaz.

17 matches 10 goals 5 assists in the league!

http://s14.directupload.net/images/131228/z4pnh2k5.swf
Batu7
Starter
And1: 248

Post#122 » by Batu7 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:43 pm

Brilliant strike from Caner Erkin, who is currently the assist leader of the league:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfVznPLPPUE[/youtube]
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."

- Vince Lombardi
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,214

Post#123 » by J-Mezzy » Wed Feb 5, 2014 3:31 am

How's Pedro Franco doing?
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
Batu7
Starter

Post#124 » by Batu7 » Wed Feb 5, 2014 10:50 am

J-Mezzy wrote:How's Pedro Franco doing?

Just had his first league start for Beşiktaş last week, played fine. For some reason he doesn't play regularly for us, seems like a good defender with passing skills.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."

- Vince Lombardi
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#125 » by J-Mezzy » Wed Feb 5, 2014 12:54 pm

Batu7 wrote:
J-Mezzy wrote:How's Pedro Franco doing?

Just had his first league start for Beşiktaş last week, played fine. For some reason he doesn't play regularly for us, seems like a good defender with passing skills.

Yes, he was pretty good in the youth national teams and in the Colombian league. I was surprised to see that he's riding the bench for a while.
Batu7
Starter

Post#126 » by Batu7 » Wed Feb 5, 2014 7:01 pm

J-Mezzy wrote:
Yes, he was pretty good in the youth national teams and in the Colombian league. I was surprised to see that he's riding the bench for a while.

Our director of football said he's not strong enough for the Turkish League yet and will be introduced to the first team slowly. What would you say about him?

- Vince Lombardi
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#127 » by J-Mezzy » Thu Feb 6, 2014 1:09 am

Batu7 wrote:
J-Mezzy wrote:

Our director of football said he's not strong enough for the Turkish League yet and will be introduced to the first team slowly. What would you say about him?

He was the captain of the U20 world cup team in 2012. Very solid defender, smart and with good technique. Knows how to protect the ball and make passes. He's not the best athlete though, he's a little slow without the ball and not very strong. Hopefully they are working on his conditioning in Turkey because he has the technical qualities of a good defender.
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#128 » by J-Mezzy » Fri Feb 7, 2014 4:19 am

[youtube]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A8HrUoonruE&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DA8HrUoonruE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vD8Coz0jy08&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DvD8Coz0jy08[/youtube]
DD12
Assistant Coach

Post#129 » by DD12 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:30 am

Happy birthday the Captain Xelcuk!
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#130 » by J-Mezzy » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:33 am

Franco scored today. Looks like he's coming into his own in your league.
Batu7
Starter

Post#131 » by Batu7 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:30 pm

J-Mezzy wrote:Franco scored today. Looks like he's coming into his own in your league.

Hope so. We are desperately in need of a good defender and it looks like he really has the potential to be one.

- Vince Lombardi
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#132 » by J-Mezzy » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:58 pm

He is one of our most promising young defenders. I think he will deliver for you guys.
Ted Lasso
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#133 » by Ted Lasso » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:56 pm

I decided to spare myself United's depressing ways and watch the Besiktas v Galatasaray game earlier. Here are some obviously vital observations.

- The game was somehow both hectic and boring. If i recall correctly, there was one scoring chance in the entire match and Hugo Almeida wasted it. Besiktas move very quickly but they don't build play in traffic well at all. So Mancini couldn't control the tempo the way he likes to because they couldn't maintain possession, but he didn't give up chances either because they cut off counters with numbers and defended.

- Nounkeu gave away one of the most idiotic penalties i have ever witnessed to the team he's loaned from. Inan converted, and Gala won 1-0.

- Mezzy, if you're around, Franco looks to be a smart defender, but he seemed physically weak and his long ball distribution was surprisingly poor.

- Mancini started the game with a free man who looked a sweeper but moved up ahead to mark well into midfield. Then he switched to a 4-men defence. And then to 3-men defence. Clearly, he still doesn't believe this sort of decision-making could cause confusion or miscommunication on the pitch.

- No one really shined. Galatasaray have a young Brazilian left back/wing-back who can really attack down the left. His passing was poor though. And Ozyakup played a couple of creative balls, but that was it.
Batu7
Starter

Post#134 » by Batu7 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:26 pm

Ted Lasso wrote:I decided to spare myself United's depressing ways and watch the Besiktas v Galatasaray game earlier. Here are some obviously vital observations.

- The game was somehow both hectic and boring. If i recall correctly, there was one scoring chance in the entire match and Hugo Almeida wasted it. Besiktas move very quickly but they don't build play in traffic well at all. So Mancini couldn't control the tempo the way he likes to because they couldn't maintain possession, but he didn't give up chances either because they cut off counters with numbers and defended.

- Nounkeu gave away one of the most idiotic penalties i have ever witnessed to the team he's loaned from. Inan converted, and Gala won 1-0.

- Mezzy, if you're around, Franco looks to be a smart defender, but he seemed physically weak and his long ball distribution was surprisingly poor.

- Mancini started the game with a free man who looked a sweeper but moved up ahead to mark well into midfield. Then he switched to a 4-men defence. And then to 3-men defence. Clearly, he still doesn't believe this sort of decision-making could cause confusion or miscommunication on the pitch.

- No one really shined. Galatasaray have a young Brazilian left back/wing-back who can really attack down the left. His passing was poor though. And Ozyakup played a couple of creative balls, but that was it.

- Gala-Beşiktaş games are mostly poor overall. Watch Beşiktaş-Fener if you want to see good football, or Fener-Gala if you want to see blood.

- Dany(Nounkeu) is an idiot, errors like this were the reason why he was shipped out of Gala and I'm still shocked that we loaned him.

- Ozyakup had a terrible game, and he just came off an injury so he wasn't at 100%.

- Vince Lombardi
DD12
Assistant Coach

Post#135 » by DD12 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:27 am

No one talked about Semih Kaya?

Cuneyt Cakir gave us a goalkick where Semih Kaya touched the ball last.

Semih Kaya went to Cakir and told him that it was a corner.

Cakir shook his hand and gave the corner for Besiktas.

What a player. Top 20 CB in the world.
Batu7
Starter

Post#136 » by Batu7 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:23 pm

DD12 wrote:No one talked about Semih Kaya?

Cuneyt Cakir gave us a goalkick where Semih Kaya touched the ball last.

Semih Kaya went to Cakir and told him that it was a corner.

Cakir shook his hand and gave the corner for Besiktas.

What a player. Top 20 CB in the world.

We really did miss you man, glad you're back full time :D .

Great sportsmanship by Semih, was appreciated by Beşiktaş supporters as well but I don't think it became internationally known.

- Vince Lombardi
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#137 » by J-Mezzy » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:52 pm

I'll be in Turkey in the near future. Look forward to it, heard great things about it, hope the hookers keep their hands off me, I am trying to behave lol.

Anyways, how is Franco doing?
Batu7
Starter

Post#138 » by Batu7 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:21 am

J-Mezzy wrote:I'll be in Turkey in the near future. Look forward to it, heard great things about it, hope the hookers keep their hands off me, I am trying to behave lol.

PM me if you want any advice or to meet up some time. Franco is fine, he is our only stable defender right now. As things stand, he may start for the rest of the season.

- Vince Lombardi
Javanar
Pro Prospect
And1: 57

Post#139 » by Javanar » Wed Mar 5, 2014 6:15 pm

J-Mezzy wrote:I'll be in Turkey in the near future. Look forward to it, heard great things about it, hope the hookers keep their hands off me, I am trying to behave lol.

Just be careful at the back streets of Beyoglu... Other areas are safe...
I am not a native English speaker...
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#140 » by J-Mezzy » Sun Mar 9, 2014 5:22 pm

Man, the sales people here are intense. Being from Colombia, I'm used to a little hackling and I even enjoy it, but these guys take it to a whole new level. Felt like zombie apocalypse for a day lol.

Return to The General Soccer Board