He would score at least 30 in the EPL.
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Re: The Official Turkish S 

Post#102 » by El Turco » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:15 pm

Batu7 wrote:
Also, for some reason he's been playing on the left wing now. This will only make matters worse.

this is the reason he sucks as he did at the start of his career, put him on striker he goes back to scoring 20 again.

and yes mancini sucks but gala started to deflate under terim, they didn't get the necessary depth in midfield in offseason and paying the price. doesn't help selcuk went from playing like a world class player to barely a fringe super league player.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Javanar
Pro Prospect
And1: 57

Post#103 » by Javanar » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:40 pm

Burak Yilmaz is a good player but Fenerbahce & Besiktas fans love to under-estimate his talent... Burak played in Besiktas and Fenerbahce before but they were not able to utilize him....

Burak is a pacey forward with good athleticisim and above average height. His off-the-ball movements are really good. His technique is not bad. But there are 3 problems about him

1) If opposition team plays with a deep defensive line, Burak is usually lost among those defenders.

2) He is not good at passing, but he always wants the ball in his feet, that results in too many lost balls. He is not good at passing & communicating with wingers & attacking midfielders.

3) He is inconsistent, Sometimes he scores in very difficult positions, but he also misses very easy chances...

I do not know what can he do in other European Leagues, but in Turkish Super League he can easily score at least 20 goals a season. Mid-level EPL teams can be a good destination for him.
I am not a native English speaker...
Javanar
Pro Prospect

Post#104 » by Javanar » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:47 pm

Brt19 wrote:
Foye wrote:Safe to say that Mancini is a terrible coach.

Not his fault. He didn't build this team, Gala have unbalanced squad and no depth. Foreign rule doesn't help either.

That unbalanced squad is still the best and most expensive squad in Turkish Super Lig... And a lot better than that of FC Copenhagen...

The problem about Mancini is... He is a terrible tactician.

Even a child in Turkey knows that Galatasaray squad do not include real wingers. But he is insisting on formations & systems that need wingers...

The other problem is his zone-defense approach... That team should really press in opposition half rather than waiting the opposition team at own half.

If he insists on these mistakes, I doubt he will see the end of the season.
Batu7
Starter
And1: 248

Post#105 » by Batu7 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:57 pm

Javanar wrote:Burak Yilmaz is a good player but Fenerbahce & Besiktas fans love to under-estimate his talent... Burak played in Besiktas and Fenerbahce before but they were not able to utilize him....

Burak is a pacey forward with good athleticisim and above average height. His off-the-ball movements are really good. His technique is not bad. But there are 3 problems about him

1) If opposition team plays with a deep defensive line, Burak is usually lost among those defenders.

2) He is not good at passing, but he always wants the ball in his feet, that results in too many lost balls. He is not good at passing & communicating with wingers & attacking midfielders.

3) He is inconsistent, Sometimes he scores in very difficult positions, but he also misses very easy chances...

I do not know what can he do in other European Leagues, but in Turkish Super League he can easily score at least 20 goals a season. Mid-level EPL teams can be a good destination for him.

Please state where I underestimated him.(As I am the only non-Gala Turk on this board) He is good for the Süper Lig(if used correctly like you said), but he's nowhere near a top striker abroad.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."

- Vince Lombardi
Javanar
Pro Prospect

Post#106 » by Javanar » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:04 pm

Batu7 wrote:
Javanar wrote:Burak Yilmaz is a good player but Fenerbahce & Besiktas fans love to under-estimate his talent... Burak played in Besiktas and Fenerbahce before but they were not able to utilize him....

Please state where I underestimated him.(As I am the only non-Gala Turk on this board) He is good for the Süper Lig(if used correctly like you said), but he's nowhere near a top striker abroad.

He definitely has the talent to be a top goal scorer abroad... The problem is he lacks fundamentals.

He is 28 years old but he started to learn how to play as a striker only 4 years ago. He should be doing what he is doing now when he was 21. He wasted years and now he is paying for it.
Batu7
Starter

Post#107 » by Batu7 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:09 pm

Javanar wrote:
He definitely has the talent to be a top goal scorer abroad... The problem is he lacks fundamentals.

He is 28 years old but he started to learn how to play as a striker only 4 years ago. He should be doing what he is doing now when he was 21. He wasted years and now he is paying for it.

So, we are on the same page.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."

- Vince Lombardi
Ted Lasso
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#108 » by Ted Lasso » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:14 pm

El MyLittlePony wrote:doesn't help selcuk went from playing like a world class player to barely a fringe super league player.

You take that back! He's better than Ozil and Gundogan!
IronChef
Head Coach
And1: 432

Post#109 » by IronChef » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:23 pm

Top 5 midfielder in the world.

Yilmaz would score 30 goals easily in the PL, way better than Giroud, etc...
Massimo wrote:Arsene wenger for the president.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#110 » by El Turco » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:37 pm

rip
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
kdawg32086
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 929

Post#111 » by kdawg32086 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:08 am

To be fair, Xelcuk was pretty awesome last year. Top 5 midfielder? No. But definitely worthy of starting for a major club.
Javanar
Pro Prospect

Post#112 » by Javanar » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:12 am

IronChef wrote:Top 5 midfielder in the world.

Looking at last year's performances, I can count at least 50 forwards performed way better than Giroud...

You should send a bunch of flowers to Florentino Perez for selling Mesut for 1/3rd of the price of a left back...

You are just lucky...
Javanar
Pro Prospect

Post#113 » by Javanar » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:17 am

I think Galatasaray management do not want Selcuk & Burak on the team and Mancini is not playing them in their natural positions, that is why their performance dropped dramatically.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,456

Post#114 » by Foye » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:17 pm

Javanar wrote:I think Galatasaray management do not want Selcuk & Burak on the team and Mancini is not playing them in their natural positions, that is why their performance dropped dramatically.

Why would they want two of their 4 best players who are also Turkish not on their team?
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,214

Post#115 » by J-Mezzy » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:47 pm

Wasn't Seluck the guy that Massimo said was better than Ozil? Whether he was exaggerating or not, doesn't make sense to want to get rid of a talented player
IronChef
Head Coach

Post#116 » by IronChef » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:34 pm

Especially talented Turkish players in a league with a foreign player limit.
IronChef
Head Coach

Post#117 » by IronChef » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:35 pm

Javanar wrote:
IronChef wrote:Top 5 midfielder in the world.

Looking at last year's performances, I can count at least 50 forwards performed way better than Giroud...

You should send a bunch of flowers to Florentino Perez for selling Mesut for 1/3rd of the price of a left back...

You are just lucky...

I can name a couple hundred better than Yilmaz based on this years performances. One of whom is Giroud...

Your post is non-sensical
Batu7
Starter

Post#118 » by Batu7 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:12 pm

There may be a psychological point to their decrease in form. Selçuk could've probably played in any top team in the PL last season, he was really good. After the arrival of Sneijder, his role became unclear and he gave up on taking responsibility.

A similar thing could be said of Burak. Gala fans really embraced Drogba in such a short time(undeserved IMO), and Burak wasn't the frontman anymore. A last minute summer sale to Lazio was denied, and that must have affected him. He was worse in front of the goal, and his deficiencies were starting to show more than ever before since he first became top goalscorer. And the fans, who were passionately supporting him even in his diving days(he used to dive A LOT, thankfully toned it down), is openly questioning his place in the team.

- Vince Lombardi
Javanar
Pro Prospect

Post#119 » by Javanar » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:35 am

Foye wrote:
Javanar wrote:I think Galatasaray management do not want Selcuk & Burak on the team and Mancini is not playing them in their natural positions, that is why their performance dropped dramatically.

Why would they want two of their 4 best players who are also Turkish not on their team?

There is a different and unique story in Galatasaray...

In Turkey there are no club owners. Football clubs are managed by chairmen, who are elected by football club members. Elections are held every 2 or 3 years.

Galatasaray was founded on Lycee de Galatasaray in 1905. Some people, especially former graduates from Lycee de Galatasaray, still think that Galatasaray SK is the football branch of Lycee de Galatasaray. They think that real & only owner of the club is Lycee de Galatasaray and only graduates from that high school should manage Galatasaray SK. Galatasaray have nearly 20 million supporters, command millions of dollars, but they think Galatasaray is only a school team and they own that school team...

Unal Aysal, current chairman of Galatasaray, who is also a graduate from Lycee de Galatasaray, transferred Drogba & Sneijder, Terim did not want them. Burak Yilmaz & Selcuk Inan, favourites of Fatih Terim(who is not a graduate from Lycee de Galatasaray), play at nearly same positions with Sneijder & Drogba. And players in squad have great respect for especially Selcuk Inan(and all fans + media) but they do not like Sneijder...

As a result, there is a clash between :

Snlejder & Drogba vs Selcuk & Burak
Players transferred by Unal Aysal vs favourite players of Fatih Terim
Unal Aysal vs Fatih Terim
Lycee de Galatasaray vs Other Galatasaray members and supporters

Fatih Terim was succesful but he was sacked, because of this clash. And now, it looks like it is Selcuk & Burak's turn to leave Galatasaray...
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,214

Post#120 » by J-Mezzy » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:54 pm

Hate it when politics get involved in sports. Politics and corruption is what holds back soccer from growing in countries like Colombia and Turkey.

Return to The General Soccer Board