Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Ted Lasso
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Re: Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread 

Post#1521 » by Ted Lasso » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:48 am

What a memorable match that was. Who would have thought Harry Kane would score a hat-trick, go in goal, and lose his GOAT status to Lamela in a single game?
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,624

Post#1522 » by Baphomet » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:44 am

Ted Lasso wrote:What a memorable match that was. Who would have thought Harry Kane would score a hat-trick, go in goal, and lose his GOAT status to Lamela in a single game?

He really does look like our best striker these days. Sure, he's mostly performing against sub-standard opposition but I hope he plays over Ade on Sunday. Newcastle are a bit like a **** French side anyway.
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant
And1: 548

Post#1523 » by Man of Steel » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:39 am

Still can't believe all the **** that happened in that game :lol:
HALA MADRID || GO LEAFS GO || LET'S GO RAPTORS
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1524 » by Baphomet » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:03 am

Man of Steel wrote:Still can't believe all the **** that happened in that game :lol:

It was a classic. Hoping for the same of El Clasico.

Good luck to Madrid, even if our boy Bale isn't playing. Hope you stick it to the cannibal and Barca. :clap:
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant
And1: 548

Post#1525 » by Man of Steel » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:50 am

Baphomet wrote:
Man of Steel wrote:Still can't believe all the **** that happened in that game :lol:

It was a classic. Hoping for the same of El Clasico.

Good luck to Madrid, even if our boy Bale isn't playing. Hope you stick it to the cannibal and Barca. :clap:

Cheers :beer:
It's on at noon here but one way or another, I'll probably be hammered by the end of it :lol:
HALA MADRID || GO LEAFS GO || LET'S GO RAPTORS
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1526 » by Baphomet » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:10 am

Liverpool and Arsenal laying eggs this season and we still manage to be even worse. :lol:

I can't imagine a more Spursy thing. What's going on with our home performances? Taking the foot off the gas and letting a frankly poor side like Newcastle back in is unacceptable, particularly in front of our own fans.
No_20
Veteran
And1: 319

Post#1527 » by No_20 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:41 am

Baphomet wrote:Liverpool and Arsenal laying eggs this season and we still manage to be even worse. :lol:

I can't imagine a more Spursy thing. What's going on with our home performances? Taking the foot off the gas and letting a frankly poor side like Newcastle back in is unacceptable, particularly in front of our own fans.

Yeah, it's been the same trend since Aaaarrry' left.

Spurs were great at WHL under Redknapp. They never took the foot off the gas like you say. Lennon and Bale were so dangerous with their pace.
Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Kevin Garnett, Toni Kroos, Pep Guardiola, Ernst Happel, Joachim Löw.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,942

Post#1528 » by BUCKnation » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:09 am

Yeah, pretty terrible performance. The worst thing that could have possibly happened was that goal 10 seconds into the second half.

We didn't look that great in the first half, a lot of possession, but nothing coming from it other than the goal. Newcastle looked like absolute garbage until that goal though. After going down, we didn't do anything that inspired confidence either.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#1529 » by and1GS » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:49 pm

"Frankly, width is for pussies. **** width and **** you." - Pochettino

Or at least, that's what I assume he was saying under his breath. It looked like the entire team was trying to hump a door knob in the center of the pitch. Too many bodies in one area and a very conservative lineup deployed in a match where we needed 3 points. Capoue with the back passes though - that's the sort of incisive play we needed to open up the Newcastle defense!

That Eric Dier error was so lol worthy. Didn't pay any attention. Oh and Kaboul continues to **** his pants all over the pitch - loved when he was in the final third! Especially when he unleashed the krakken with his early-game cross! NOT.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Ted Lasso
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#1530 » by Ted Lasso » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:28 pm

and1GS wrote:That Eric Dier error was so lol worthy. Didn't pay any attention. Oh and Kaboul continues to **** his pants all over the pitch - loved when he was in the final third! Especially when he unleashed the krakken with his early-game cross! NOT.

Was that really a Dier error? He was just holding the line. If you push up so high while your opponent is kicking off for no apparent reason, they'll play that **** in behind you.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1531 » by Baphomet » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:33 am

No_20 wrote:
Baphomet wrote:Liverpool and Arsenal laying eggs this season and we still manage to be even worse. :lol:

Yeah, it's been the same trend since Aaaarrry' left.

Spurs were great at WHL under Redknapp. They never took the foot off the gas like you say. Lennon and Bale were so dangerous with their pace.

Yes and no. We were definitely good at the lane under Harry, but I'm not sure if I'd say we never took our foot off the gas. Final season under Harry, we more or less choked the whole season away including some dreadful home performances. We could've mounted a proper title challenge if it wasn't for the England job speculation surrounding Harry, I'd say it's the best Spurs squad we've had in recent memory. Players and coaches with a strong mentality don't let that level of choke happen.
and1GS
RealGM
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#1532 » by and1GS » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:44 am

Ted Lasso wrote:
and1GS wrote:That Eric Dier error was so lol worthy. Didn't pay any attention. Oh and Kaboul continues to **** his pants all over the pitch - loved when he was in the final third! Especially when he unleashed the krakken with his early-game cross! NOT.

Was that really a Dier error? He was just holding the line. If you push up so high while your opponent is kicking off for no apparent reason, they'll play that **** in behind you.

Looked like he wasn't aware they spread that wide and by the time he started moving, Ameobi had a full head of steam. It's not about pushing up high, not suggesting that. He needs to be shielding off the ball. Nope, he let it bounce goal side. Lapse in judgment from a player who's not an outside back. But when you aren't good enough yet to be a CB, I think it's fair to judge him as if that is his natural position - he won't play anywhere else for us for at least a year.

EDIT - Whatever CB was next to him should have helped shield Ameobi out wide. I think that's Kaboul.

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1533 » by Baphomet » Sat Nov 8, 2014 12:48 am

Time for Kane to start in the league.

He deserves an England call-up too, he's a lot better than the dross we currently have up top there.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1534 » by Baphomet » Sun Nov 9, 2014 9:29 pm

and1GS
RealGM

Post#1535 » by and1GS » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:31 pm

So...high pressing...that still a thing you want to do Poch? Cause I haven't seen it at all this season.

Clearly the formula is wrong and key players are underperforming, but im not sure what style of team we are?

Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1536 » by Baphomet » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:58 am

and1GS wrote:So...high pressing...that still a thing you want to do Poch? Cause I haven't seen it at all this season.

Clearly the formula is wrong and key players are underperforming, but im not sure what style of team we are?

We have no style. We look identical to the AVB teams of early last season, a weirdly deceptive team where it feels like we can't string more than 3 passes together, yet somehow win the possession stats. We don't do anything with the ball, there's no urgency in our build-up play, and our forward movement is poor to say the least. Post-Bale, it feels like we never get the most out of our talent.

It's probably not a coincidence that Sigurdsson is playing the best football of his career now that he's left Spurs, and is playing regularly in his natural position. I miss you Gylfi even if nobody else does. :no:
and1GS
RealGM

Post#1537 » by and1GS » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:47 am

You always had a weird thing for Gylfi, he's not that good man haha.

Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1538 » by Baphomet » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:23 am

and1GS wrote:You always had a weird thing for Gylfi, he's not that good man haha.

Two words my friend: Adel Taarabt. :D
and1GS
RealGM

Post#1539 » by and1GS » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:38 pm

Baphomet wrote:
and1GS wrote:You always had a weird thing for Gylfi, he's not that good man haha.

Two words my friend: Adel Taarabt. :D

I'd like to see Gylfi pull off this totally necessary move!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB7lBgyCtzw[/youtube]

God, when I watch Tarrabt do all this stupid **** I just think to myself 'wow, he could've just feinted one way and knocked the ball to the other side to achieve the same result.'

Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1540 » by Baphomet » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:12 am

Nutmegs, I prefer.

A philosophy to live and die by.

Return to The General Soccer Board